• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Ignite nerf and Barrier being added means I'm looking forward to SilSol hitting 4k elo running Barrier/Heal.

removing flash would mean alot of reworks for bot lane as any adc or support that doesnt have a built in escape now become free kills.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think just fucking up the cooldown is the way to go. Amp it to 300 or something.

I also hope they just remove the level requirement for summoner spells.

Ferga

Annie is best support. :D

At some point I will probably do Poppy support too...

I've done it a lot in the past. End up carrying in pretty much all the games cause Q is such a good ks tool

And I won't be on until much later so good luck with solo q scy

scy

I've done it a lot in the past. End up carrying in pretty much all the games cause Q is such a good ks tool

And I won't be on until much later so good luck with solo q scy

Hm. About when's much later :x I might take a nap since I didn't get much sleep last night.

Mostly depends on how well this game right here goes.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, even if they made flash so that you couldn't use it until 7 seconds after being hit, it could still be used like it is now as a defensive tool. People would just flash when they see a gank coming, or flash when a big attack is aimed at them, I suspect. A 7-second rule would mean that if you managed to touch someone they would then be vulnerable to ganks, and maybe that would be an improvement, but I feel like people already use flash defensively without necessarily getting hit (especially due to the slow/stun/etc. stuff that happens once people touch you these days).

Sielys

I think anything that gives you vision of the enemy team will reveal wards near the person who is revealed.

E.g. Caitlyn traps and nidalee traps. If an enemy steps on those, it'll give your team vision of them. If they run next to a ward, you'll be able to see the ward.

Right, but those require enemy champions, yea? With Lulu, you can use minions as well.

scy

I think anything that gives you vision of the enemy team will reveal wards near the person who is revealed.

E.g. Caitlyn traps and nidalee traps. If an enemy steps on those, it'll give your team vision of them. If they run next to a ward, you'll be able to see the ward.

Katarina's Shunpo also keeps them revealed if you target them during the short time they're visible. If you auto first then Shunpo, you can kill the ward yourself. Off-hand, I forget what level it starts (10?) but it's a good trick for mid-to-late game ward kills.

That would make Lulu so much stronger in lane. You'll never have your bush warded. You could also leash minions to the river to check for wards. Heck, leash jungle minions to check for jungle wards.

...but it's cool I like it, but I expect Riot to remove it.

Also, even if they made flash so that you couldn't use it until 7 seconds after being hit, it could still be used like it is now as a defensive tool. People would just flash when they see a gank coming, or flash when a big attack is aimed at them, I suspect. A 7-second rule would mean that if you managed to touch someone they would then be vulnerable to ganks, and maybe that would be an improvement, but I feel like people already use flash defensively without necessarily getting hit (especially due to the slow/stun/etc. stuff that happens once people touch you these days).

True but it may cause them to use flash in more situations, thus helping champs without much cc get their opponent to burn flash a little earlier

Ferga

That would make Lulu so much stronger in lane. You'll never have your bush warded. You could also leash minions to the river to check for wards. Heck, leash jungle minions to check for jungle wards.

Not easy to pull off.

If you are tanking minions to reveal wards, the enemy team would just kill you. It's a very rare occasion where a support is in lane by him/herself anyway.

You generally want to b with your adc or stay near the turret until your adc gets back to lane so you don't die.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

It doesn't work on jungle mobs. It only works on enemies allied with the enemy team.

The remove Flash conversation has been around forever, and it's always kind of dumb. In reality Flash opens up as many offensive opportunities as it does defensive ones, enabling players to take more risks.

scy

1505 elo.

Though I got robbed of a penta that last game.

gg Kat ez modo
when the rest of my team are on the ball

The remove Flash conversation has been around forever, and it's always kind of dumb. In reality Flash opens up as many offensive opportunities as it does defensive ones, enabling players to take more risks.

The "problem" with Flash is just that it's better than the other options for both offensive and defensive opportunities. Hopefully the Summoner tweaks fixes that.

1505 elo.

Though I got robbed of a penta that last game.

gg Kat ez modo
when the rest of my team are on the ball

The "problem" with Flash is just that it's better than the other options for both offensive and defensive opportunities. Hopefully the Summoner tweaks fixes that.

Which is good because flash is also more interesting and skill based than the other offensive and defensive summoners.

inky

No one denies that. That kind of advantage just makes it better (or at least most desirable) than most other Summoner spells and that should be a problem, lack of diversity. That's why it's hard to balance and that is why champs have to be designed around having it in the game.

Sielys

Lulu splash;
p2SH6h.jpg

They can nerf flash until people use ghost more but do they or anyone seriously think ghost is as interesting as flash? So what's the improvement in getting more people to use the less interesting one? Yeah, we got lots people to use the escape summoner that requires less skill, timing, decision making, reflexes and has no interaction with the terrain! Fucking yay I guess!

Boken

Banned
Maybe they should add a new defensive style summoner that is as interesting as flash

[push]: displaces target directly away from you
This will be good on singed.

Oh and, I am not sure that I am pleased to see Barrier in SR. You only get two choices against Barrier - try to break it, or back off. At least heal could be answered by heal debuff in addition to what barrier provides. Shit, you can even wait for them to ignite you before you barrier. Despite ignite countering heal, at least heal users had the opportunity to heal before the ignite.

At least Flash/Barrier will support my farm middle gameplay.

I don't play top or enjoy it so I didn't really know what I was doing. Just fed until Elise left me alone so I could farm all day.

At least enough to the point where I could start suiciding towers. The fact that I became worthless in terms of gold didn't really occur to me until I had about 8 deaths so I took advantage of it.

Also, that teleport came in handy for finishing off the nexus.

Dat Nasus Q.

They can nerf flash until people use ghost more but do they or anyone seriously think ghost is as interesting as flash? So what's the improvement in getting more people to use the less interesting one? Yeah, we got lots people to use the escape summoner that requires less skill, timing, decision making, reflexes and has no interaction with the terrain! Fucking yay I guess!

get out of jail free card

I don't play top or enjoy it so I didn't really know what I was doing. Just fed until Elise left me alone so I could farm all day.

At least enough to the point where I could start suiciding towers. The fact that I became worthless in terms of gold didn't really occur to me until I had about 8 deaths so I took advantage of it.

Also, that teleport came in handy for finishing off the nexus.

Dat Nasus Q.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/mxxji/my_experience_with_the_worlds_greatest_teemo/

EXGN

Yorick builds? I know Manamune is the common one, but I'm always hesitant to buy that. I tried Triforce/Frozen Heart and that seemed to work alright.

Blizzard

Banned
Since I got the Shyvana Mouse, I tried her with the skin tonight (I didn't own the champion either so it was a decent deal I guess, and the mouse seems good). I probably only ever tried Shyvana once before, but this time she seemed to make a little more sense to me. The lack of CC could be rough for ganking, but I like the no-mana mechanics and I like hitting little monsters in the jungle, so it was kind of fun. :)

Boken

Banned
Since I got the Shyvana Mouse, I tried her with the skin tonight (I didn't own the champion either so it was a decent deal I guess, and the mouse seems good). I probably only ever tried Shyvana once before, but this time she seemed to make a little more sense to me. The lack of CC could be rough for ganking, but I like the no-mana mechanics and I like hitting little monsters in the jungle, so it was kind of fun. :)

hows the mouse

To be honest, the more I think about it, the less I see the need for Manamune. Whenever the game drags long enough it's always the first item I sell. Lv18 + fullstack Manamune + FH + TF gets you around 80AD from Manamune including the built in 20AD.

I'd consider a Chalice for mana regen + MR then Glacial Shroud/Sheen for mana. Instead of Manamune, get a BT after getting some bulk. Lifesteal goes so nice with how tanky he gets.

I haven't tried this yet though. Just theorycrafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom