• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I tried Darius today. Holy crap, Pantheon is so weak compared to him. Dat damage, dat tankiness, dat damage, dat 3x triple kill in my second game, dat damage and dat damage.
Only lacks a gapcloser, otherwise ridiculous strong. I kinda want to try to build Pantheon like I build Darius (slightly different ofc), but dunno if it works well enough.

Boots => Brutalizer => Phage => Black Cleaver => Frozen Mallet => Giant's Belt => Warmogs => +2 End Game item (Last Whisper, Maw, Guardian Angel, Scimitar, Bloodthirster, Randiuin etc)

standard build could be Last Whisper + another

Whaddaya think?

Darius is my go to top when I have to play it. Even if he gets countered, just sustain and farm and lategame he'll be a beast.

Like scy said, you just don't even need damage items. I usually start with a doran's shield or blade (depending on how hard I was countered) or go right for the giants belt. If I'm against an AD champ that'll probably be built into a sunfire cape. From there I like frozen heart, randuin's, warmogs. It's so easy to do big damage with his passive and ult.

I'm really surprised we don't see him that often anymore. I guess people felt the ult change was too big of a nerf. I think it was just fine. He's still strong.

Boken

Banned
Barrier counters ignite. At level 4 since this ex is used for some reason, Barrier with masteries gives you 195 shield for 2 seconds. At the same level, Ignite with masteries gives you 26 true dmg over 5 seconds. Shield will effectively block off 40% of Ignite's dmg.

Barrier just has more utility. Karthus ult? Tower dive? Barrier are great baits against these that'll let you survive more times than ignite would've. Ignite could also be Cleansed, though I think the health regain deduction is still there.

It's all a matter of preference. If you can burst down and kill quickly, then ignite is fine, but you better make sure you get that kill off.

but by that logic heal counters ignite because it returns 50% of the hp ignite deals

so ignite really did 50% damage. whereas in your barrier example ignite does 60% @_@

His ganks are just really tough to execute. I haven't had a lot of luck with him in that role.
I usually either:
1. Q for MS boost for better positioning -> EW+AAs -> Q from afar
2. E -> W+AAs -> Q from afar.

His ganks usually have a hilariously strong presence that you may even see Flashes burned way too soon. No one likes to get pulled by Darius.

Yep, I'm a barrier/cleanse man now when I ADC.
Flash + Cleanse fo lyf

Cleanse is a stronger counter to Ignite but it really comes down to how fast you react. Ignite isn't very noticeable in teamfights.

His ganks usually have a hilariously strong presence that you may even see Flashes burned way too soon. No one likes to get pulled by Darius.

I find him to be quite like Volibear in that respect. Once people see the bear running at them, especially early game, they tend to flash in fear.

Starting an ARAM game with the best teams ever. Place your bets.
VBBgGWZ.jpg

Cassiopeia is painful to play against. Especially since you don't see her that much.
Ended up being a close game. Cass was a total pain in the ass along with Jayce. Kog couldn't aim so it was K. Biggest turnaroud: I VERY BARELY reached Kat to ult her right before she died in the bush. As in, edge cast right before I died. She cleans up and wins the game for us.

zkylon

zkylewd
from the image I infer it's a new jungler/top/mid laner ad assassin with light stealth mechanics and ability resets, great waveclear and gapclosers

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
from the image I infer it's a new jungler/top/mid laner ad assassin with light stealth mechanics and ability resets, great waveclear and gapclosers
so you're saying it's the rengar rework?

IsayFever

It's a bruiser for sure. Riot wouldn't make a mistake of releasing a melee ad carry since they are shit (ex: Fiora). But it will likely be insanely op at first, then nerfed into oblivion after awhile (ex: Rengar)

IsayFever

Need an AD support. Why do these not exist?

Because anything that scales off ad needs items, and items cost gold. Therefore, supports can't be ad since they don't farm. Logic.

Also Phillip, no, Fiora is just a shit tier hero that needs to be redone or melee ad carries in general need a full on rework of mechanics and capabilities

zkylon

zkylewd
Need an AD support. Why do these not exist?
what would an ad support entail? a support that autoattacks? in that case there's already thresh, lulu, sona, etc.

if you want like an ad caster thing then my question is why? what's the difference between an ad and ap caster if you're gonna buy support items?

You're doing it just to hurt me. Why Bind, why?
it's the only way he knows to hide his feelings

but I know better

Because anything that scales off ad needs items, and items cost gold. Therefore, supports can't be ad since they don't farm. Logic.
it's no different than ap. ap is even worse since you don't get ap per level (and supports compensate for this with ability base values).

Also Phillip, no, Fiora is just a shit tier hero that needs to be redone or melee ad carries in general need a full on rework of mechanics and capabilities
melee carries are just a dumb idea to begin with

you can't be melee and be glass cannon, and you can't take down turrets as melee unless you're splitpushing, I don't know why there's this need to make melee carries viable. just have bruisers or assassins and be done with it like darius/zed and be done with it.

IsayFever

Supports don't stack a ton of AP, so I don't understand how this is an argument.

Where did I mention ap stacking? Most (all) supports have horrible ratios on their damage output abilities, they don't get any damage output items for the most part because it's a waste of what gold they have. Most (all) support items are aura heavy, or have some type of active that helps the team and not focused around any type of damage output. There are some grey line items like Morello's that supports do get from time to time, but that's mostly for the CDR and Mana Regen rather than the AP found on the item.

Einbroch

Banned
what would an ad support entail? a support that autoattacks? in that case there's already thresh, lulu, sona, etc.

if you want like an ad caster thing then my question is why? what's the difference between an ad and ap caster if you're gonna buy support items?

I was thinking more of a support that deals damage, but maybe their abilities don't scale that well (small AD ratios) so that they are pretty much a support and not a laner.

Just an idea.

Where did I mention ap stacking? Most (all) supports have horrible ratios on their damage output abilities, they don't get any damage output items for the most part because it's a waste of what gold they have. Most (all) support items are aura heavy, or have some type of active that helps the team and not focused around any type of damage output. There are some grey line items like Morello's that supports do get from time to time, but that's mostly for the CDR and Mana Regen rather than the AP found on the item.

That's what I mean, a damaging support that is AD. Zyra, Morgana, Lux, all AP casters that can go support and put out some damage. None of those exist in the AD realm. At least no legit ones.

scy

Supports don't stack a ton of AP, so I don't understand how this is an argument.

It's due to how item costs work in general honestly. AP can get away with it easier by giving them base values and so-so scaling so it takes a lot of AP to get anywhere. Doing the same with AD is a bit harder to accomplish without making them a Bruiser outright since they'll always have at least a 1.0 tAD ratio on their AA.

I guess put another way, what would an AD support accomplish?

I was thinking more of a support that deals damage, but maybe their abilities don't scale that well (small AD ratios) so that they are pretty much a support and not a laner.

Just an idea.

For that to work, they'd also need to have low base damages (or colossal cooldowns) so they can't just go tanky and be a bruiser instead in the first place. Low AD ratios aren't quite the same detriment as it is for an AP.

zkylon

zkylewd

Just an idea.

That's what I mean, a damaging support that is AD. Zyra, Morgana, Lux, all AP casters that can go support and put out some damage. None of those exist in the AD realm. At least no legit ones.
I think it's mostly because ad champions don't really have that much utility. I mean you could play pantheon support and you get a stun, towerdiving help and pretty big early game damage but that scales horribly late game. kind of like a leblanc support.

also if they don't scale well they might as well just buy attack speed and go full carry or something :/

zkylon

zkylewd
girls are like dogs, except that instead of waggling their tails when they're happy their boobs just launch upwards like they're saluting you

that means they like you and want you to do funny stuff to them

That universe lacks gravity, or has the most insanely perky chests of all time
bras in the megaten devil survivor 2 universe apparently cause death by heavy back injury at the age of 17. good thing all these girls are 12 or something

And math!
looks legit to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom