• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thing I hate about Lux is I feel her beam has such a massive hit box.

The hitbox is extremely hit or miss. Sometimes I don't even gaze the person and its slightly out of range. Still dead.

Other times I shot them point blank and it passes through.

I had my first AD carry in a while who knew how to Ante up. Proposed to him on the spot.

I don't know how it happened but I somehow wrecked face with Vayne in HA. I kept getting triples. Vlad's trollpool was soooooo irritating though.

Blizzard

Banned
Wouldn't it make more sense on ARAM to give you 10 seconds with visibility of the other team, at which point you can't switch champions but you would be able to switch summoner spells? For instance, if you saw a swain you might take ignite.

zkylon

zkylewd
man got 600 ping hitches every 5 seconds last game, so fuckign annoying

I'd w on a gold card and it'd suddenly be blue or red every single fucking time

So I got Sona in ARAM with a Soraka. You guys said sustain works so I bought myself a Philosopher's Stone and healed everyone. I didn't want to execute myself on purpose so I never even got to go back and buy items. ._.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I got Sona in ARAM with a Soraka. You guys said sustain works so I bought myself a Philosopher's Stone and healed everyone. I didn't want to execute myself on purpose so I never even got to go back and buy items. ._.
if you get sona go mental

last match i did nashor, muramana, malady

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I hate getting matched with Ashe players. I know there are amazing Ashes out there but every single one I seem to get matched with takes ignite, proceeds to suck at positioning, gets blown up like an idiot, then starts to bitch about peeling.

Well last ARAM I got Yorick against a really rough team composition and even though we lost I took some comfort in the fact that I'm sure I was really annoying to play against.

Blizzard

Banned
Well last ARAM I got Yorick against a really rough team composition and even though we lost I took some comfort in the fact that I'm sure I was really annoying to play against.
Even if the Yorick is utterly terrible, he is still annoying because of how irritating his ghouls are to target. I was trying to smartcast Nunu consume on them earlier today and I think I was STILL missing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even if the Yorick is utterly terrible, he is still annoying because of how irritating his ghouls are to target. I was trying to smartcast Nunu consume on them earlier today and I think I was STILL missing.
They used to be so much faster too.
Base armor of ghouls reduced to 10 from 20.
Omen of Pestilence now scales off of ability power at a 1.0 ratio instead of 80% of his bonus attack damage.
Omen of Famine:
Heals for 40% of the damage dealt, down from 50%.
Range reduced to 550 from 650.
Omen of Death: revenant damage reduced to 45/60/75% from 50/75/100%.
rip.
real patch that killed him was healing reduction off minions, but they never compensated for that on his kit. he's just another champion riot would rather not deal with balancing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, but my entire team started calling me the leader since I was in the top spot.
go muramana sona, trust me, it's gold

They used to be so much faster too.

rip.
real patch that killed him was healing reduction off minions, but they never compensated for that on his kit. he's just another champion riot would rather not deal with balancing.
I'm all for riot nerfing to the ground shitty champions that are utterly annoying to play against

aka:
teemo
yi
lane nunu
yorick
and now heimer

can't remember more but you get the idea

I'd rather they reworked them into something fun, ofc

bjaelke

Heimer will need more than a 3 turret rework to become fun to play (against). Some sort of mobility would perhaps be a requirement.

Heimer will need more than a 3 turret rework to become fun to play (against). Some sort of mobility would perhaps be a requirement.
Heimer's turrets now benefit from auras, spellvamp, Rylai and Liandry.

At max level, Heimer's turrets now hover along with him.

bjaelke

Zyra's plants already benefit from those items (auras excluded). She can become a major utility caster in ARAM if you build Morellinomicon, Rylai's, Liandry's, Hextech Sweeper and Banner of Command on her. That build also puts you way past the 40% cdr cap.

_woLf

I've played this game for like 2 years now and I'd never got a penta kill. Yesterday, I got one in back-to-back games. One an ARAM as Akali, the other in Summoner's Rift as Ahri.

Feels. Good. Man.

LuuKyK

I'm all for riot nerfing to the ground shitty champions that are utterly annoying to play against

aka:
teemo
yi
lane nunu
yorick
and now heimer

can't remember more but you get the idea

I'd rather they reworked them into something fun, ofc

You forgot that fucking tree who throws mini trees that explode or follow you. I cant remember his name.

Koomaster

Is the new thing in ARAM to go afk? I've played four games today where either people on my team just went afk at the start or the other team had afk people at the start and never come back or just come back when they see theyre winning.
Yes. I have been in a couple where people are like 'Switch champs with me or afk' as a threat to other players.

Ocho

I hate getting matched with Ashe players. I know there are amazing Ashes out there but every single one I seem to get matched with takes ignite, proceeds to suck at positioning, gets blown up like an idiot, then starts to bitch about peeling.

The rule is: if she has a skin, she's probably pretty good.

Leezard

I have a friend who has the Mighty Jax skin, that really surprises people. The oldest/rarest skin I own is Kitty Cat Katarina.

I have PAX Sivir and Riot Nasus...

Not sure I've ever won a game with either. Although I haven't played Nasus in a while. Usually get laughed at in /all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

aka:
teemo
yi
lane nunu
yorick
and now heimer

I have no problems with the other ones, but characters like Vlad, Aki, and Fizz annoy me to no end. They are characters who can lane like shit, but have so much escape + laning potential. It makes up for it.

Blizzard

Banned
Music of the Freljord? Oh, Riot! For me? You shouldn't have!

Have to say the composers pretty much nailed it with this one. The marching thing is a bit trite, but the inclusion of Nyckelharpa and Viola da Gamba is inspired.

Imagine if Skyrim had sounded like this instead of the tripe that Soule farted out.
I shall check this out when I get home, but I think it's very unfairly dismissive to act like Skyrim's multi-hour soundtrack had no significant work done on it. I have listened to it, possibly even multiple times in its entirety, and I feel some of the ambient tracks are excellent even if the theme is an homage to past Elder Scrolls games. Unless, of course, all of the tracks are reworks and I'm not aware of it. As far as I am aware it was a significant and somewhat outstanding effort from the composer.

I have no problems with the other ones, but characters like Vlad, Aki, and Fizz annoy me to no end. They are characters who can lane like shit, but have so much escape + laning potential. It makes up for it.
As long as we're putting in requests for nerfs to champions that annoy us, Darius annoys with me his true damage, Hecarim annoys me with his high speed, Kha'zix annoys me with his spray damage and jumps, Leblanc annoys me with her burst damage, Mundo annoys me with his cleavers, and probably some others. If we get rid of all of those along with these other requested champions that'd be sweet. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
aki?

As long as we're putting in requests for nerfs to champions that annoy us, Darius annoys with me his true damage, Hecarim annoys me with his high speed, Kha'zix annoys me with his spray damage and jumps, Leblanc annoys me with her burst damage, Mundo annoys me with his cleavers, and probably some others. If we get rid of all of those along with these other requested champions that'd be sweet. :D
not really what I was going for, morelike champions that make a lane utterly boring and one-sided because they have kits designed to be annoying.

Another day passes with no new Diana skin :(

At least IronStylus said it'll be pretty.
I don't get how they can take so long to release new skins. there should be like 2 new skins per month at least...

Musician

I shall check this out when I get home, but I think it's very unfairly dismissive to act like Skyrim's multi-hour soundtrack had no significant work done on it. I have listened to it, possibly even multiple times in its entirety, and I feel some of the ambient tracks are excellent even if the theme is an homage to past Elder Scrolls games. Unless, of course, all of the tracks are reworks and I'm not aware of it. As far as I am aware it was a significant and somewhat outstanding effort from the composer.

Soule writes Soule music. In my ears, when I hear the music from Skyrim I hear some sort of vague fantasy music. It worked tremendously well in Morrowind, which itself is a wierd, vague and hazy world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-MfsbYRETQ

Listen to that, for example. One of my favorite works of his. It also works perfectly in the world it is set in. Listen to how the melodies emerge, take their place a while, but are soon obscured by the surrounding sound scape. To me it encapsulates the feeling of Morrowind, the place, perfectly.

His music in Skyrim, however, did no such thing for me. It didn't mesh with the world I was traveling in. If you look at the architecture, the landscape, the people it's all very harsh and utilitarian, very open plains mixed with dense pine forests with huge mountains as a constant backdrop. It's also very, very cold. I hear none of that in the music.

To me, Soule missed a huge opportunity to write music that feels "northern". An opportunity much better seized by the Riot composers.

Also - Fuck Yi in ARAM

Einbroch

Banned
I don't get how they can take so long to release new skins. there should be like 2 new skins per month at least...
They have to be holding them back. They have a basic skeletal structure for their champions, I assume. Art assets and coding them in cannot take as long as it takes them, especially for a company of that size.

Balancing the game? Takes time. Implementing new champions? Takes time. Developing and releasing skins? Does not take that long. Look at the amateur shit out there to download freely. Those are often from a single person in their free time. Riot has to have at least 3-4 full time, skin only people. It's how they make their money. How could they not?

They just have to be holding them back.

I have PAX Sivir and Riot Nasus...

Not sure I've ever won a game with either. Although I haven't played Nasus in a while. Usually get laughed at in /all.

Both are awesome skins. Unfortunately both are on champs who really need a facelift. The mighty jax skin is one of my fav "exclusive" skins. It stands out and is unique in the mainly fantasy style league goes for.

Both are awesome skins. Unfortunately both are on champs who really need a facelift. The mighty jax skin is one of my fav "exclusive" skins. It stands out and is unique in the mainly fantasy style league goes for.

Well I'm also legitimately, properly bad with both. I have Riot Graves and Arcade Sona, too, thank goodness I'm slightly more competent with them.

zkylon

zkylewd
They have to be holding them back. They have a basic skeletal structure for their champions, I assume. Art assets and coding them in cannot take as long as it takes them, especially for a company of that size.

Balancing the game? Takes time. Implementing new champions? Takes time. Developing and releasing skins? Does not take that long. Look at the amateur shit out there to download freely. Those are often from a single person in their free time. Riot has to have at least 3-4 full time, skin only people. It's how they make their money. How could they not?

They just have to be holding them back.
yeah I've done 3d modelling in the past and you can arguably have it modeled, unwrapped, textured and rigged in a couple days. add another day or two to sculp the hi-res version in zbrush, and you're done.

animation takes a lot of time, tho

but skins use the same base model, rig and animations and probably reuse a lot of particles, even, so why take so long...

I imagine that riot just spreads them out so they sell better or something but it's pretty annoying, there's not that much diversity, I mean seriously poor diana. or zyra.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm shocked there hasn't been another Zed skin. I mean, he's super popular, you can do a lot of cool things with his shadow, his spells have decent particle effects.

He seems like a no-brainer.

I'm shocked there hasn't been another Zed skin. I mean, he's super popular, you can do a lot of cool things with his shadow, his spells have decent particle effects.

He seems like a no-brainer.

Zed's really new though, there are way more champions in line for a second skin before him.

Zyra, Diana, Rengar (probably not until his rework), Syndra, Kha'Zix and Elise are all due before him. Although who would buy any Kha'Zix skin other than Mecha? That shit's Legendary quality, let's be honest.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zed's really new though, there are way more champions in line for a second skin before him.

Zyra, Diana, Rengar (probably not until his rework), Syndra, Kha'Zix and Elise are all due before him. Although who would buy any Kha'Zix skin other than Mecha? That shit's Legendary quality, let's be honest.

and cheerleader lux comes before all those suckers

garath

I don't even play Diana anymore but I'd probably buy a skin for her. And I'd buy Mecha Kha'zix on sale in a heartbeat.

Blizzard

Banned
His music in Skyrim, however, did no such thing for me. It didn't mesh with the world I was traveling in. If you look at the architecture, the landscape, the people it's all very harsh and utilitarian, very open plains mixed with dense pine forests with huge mountains as a constant backdrop. It's also very, very cold. I hear none of that in the music.

To me, Soule missed a huge opportunity to write music that feels "northern". An opportunity much better seized by the Riot composers.
It may be largely a difference of preference, or that I didn't play enough Skyrim and was merely listening to the music in isolation. I do particularly seem to recall loving the ambient music that was playing when I was walking around the mage's college and a nearby village with snow falling, though. It seemed very fitting.

Riot need to go back to waifu mode instead of angry female when designing skins and champions.
The thing is, I'm a guy, I love breasts like lots of people, etc...but I'm not even asking for that. I think it should be possible to do a pretty skin that's not angry OR necessarily pandering. Say, Silent Night Sona style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom