• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
"auto autoattacking" or however you might call it can be actually very useful in like botlane since you can sit in the brush and if your champion starts autoattacking the minions it means they have a ward in it.

just use the s key and there's that ignore minions mode I keep forgetting about

Casanova

Three games in a row with at least one AFK. This game must have a serious issue with this.

My last game, no joke, there were three AFK'ers the ENTIRE game.. we got demolished obviously.

Always nice to have a few good games in a row :)

RL22TI0.png

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
dYy8C12.gif

Zhonyas LOL

On a side note... my poor Zed. Riot whyyyy?? And Akali buffs? whyyyyy? Besides destroying Zed this is actually a very good balance patch. First one I have been impressed by...

zkylon

zkylewd
dYy8C12.gif

Zhonyas LOL

On a side note... my poor Zed. Riot whyyyy?? And Akali buffs? whyyyyy? Besides destroying Zed this is actually a very good balance patch. First one I have been impressed by...
zed was stupidly safe for an assassin. he wasn't weak early game, he didn't fall off late game, he cleared waves like crazy, has long range harass, etc. he deserves his nerfs

and akali was overnerfed on the previous patch, and this is actually some middle ground between before and now. I like it

but yeah poor diana. I get the shields nerf, but why her passive?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hmm Mikael's Crucible might start being a standard build for my Sona.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm Mikael's Crucible might start being a standard build for my Sona.
problem still is that shurelya has cdr which I care more than mr+absurds amounts of mana regen. and it's cheaper. I'd like it better if it were mana manipulator + philo stone, but it's worth a shot on sona/lulu.

Uh the shield got a buff, at the very least it's a neutral change.
at certain specific situations it's a small buff, but generally it's a pretty big nerf, and even in those best case scenarios the shield damage is lower

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
problem still is that shurelya has cdr which I care more than mr+absurds amounts of mana regen. and it's cheaper. I'd like it better if it were mana manipulator + philo stone, but it's worth a shot on sona/lulu.
Why would you build Chalice on Lulu?

This is a really good patch. Nerf more champions Riot.

Blizzard

Banned
I kind of feel like I'd prefer that all champions be buffed instead of everyone nerfed. Alternatively, if Riot would just give me overpowered champions so I can do well but no one else gets them, that's cool too.

What does everyone think of the Kha'zix nerfs? :p

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a tiny buff in very select circumstances. It's still a huge nerf overall, far from neutral. I don't get why people keep saying this.
even if you only soaked half damage pre-refresh with the older shield it's still more effective than the new one, if they wanted to reward jumping-in and insta refreshing it they would've gone like 100+155 instead of 100+100 from 155/155 or something. plus since the first shield is weaker it's even easier to blow it up and have the second shield never happen.

it's a nerf, there's no two ways about it.

whether it's deserved or not, I dunno, probably yes, I think 100+155 or 120+120 would've been better.

Cait is whatever. Somewhat overrated even. Varus has been the real problem and that's why he's getting the biggest nerfs.
is this sarcasm? can't ever tell with you

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Zed was ridiculous, he had to be tuned down.

Nerfing him is fine but the cd on his e was too much.. maybe 3.5 secs. Now cdr is a must just to get 2 slashes off during his ult. It is a massive nerf to his jung clear as well. It was a bit too excessive. I would off preferred dmg nerf over cd nerf tbh. Ah well. GG riot

Edit: not to mention they nerfed his w last patch

zkylon

zkylewd
Caitlyn is picked because she is easy and safe, not because she's good.
28.6% win rate in American LCS. 35.0% in EU.
should've clarified. I meant about varus getting big nerfs

since it's like 20 less dmg at max level on his e, 5 less ms and then buffs across the board

Nerfing him is fine but the cd on his e was too much.. maybe 3.5 secs. Now cdr is a must just to get 2 slashes off during his ult. It is a massive nerf to his jung clear as well. It was a bit too excessive. I would off preferred dmg nerf over cd nerf tbh. Ah well. GG riot

Edit: not to mention they nerfed his w last patch
I'm not a zed player so I can't say if this is an overnerf but he seemed too stronk even after his w nerf

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
should've clarified. I meant about varus getting big nerfs

since it's like 20 less dmg at max level on his e, 5 less ms and then buffs across the board
Oh. Movespeed nerf will hurt him a lot without mobility boosters. The damage being moved around in his kit means you can't just max Hail of Arrows first and get everything, which offered better kiting potential and CC on top of better damage.

JesseZao

So they did a "riven shift" for Elise. No bonus armor/mr for doubling the heal on hit coeff. Definately a nerf to early game laning and ganking, but will even out if not be better for jungling once you have some AP mid game. Maybe I'll actually build an AAStaff instead of Manamune if I go tear.

Looks like they went ahead with those nunu nerfs :'(. Tis be a sad day. No longer will nunu bot be able to spam his laugh to taunt out abilities from the enemy, only to heal all their damage with a consume and continue the laugh spam.[spoilers] this must be why I don't have a ribbon on my main [/]

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh. Movespeed nerf will hurt him a lot without mobility boosters. The damage being moved around in his kit means you can't just max Hail of Arrows first and get everything, which offered better kiting potential and CC on top of better damage.
but they nerfed his q, so they just pushed damage around, instead of removing it. for me either the e nerf isn't enough or the q shouldn't have been buffed

Looks like they went ahead with those nunu nerfs :'(. Tis be a sad day. No longer will nunu bot be able to spam his laugh to taunt out abilities from the enemy, only to heal all their damage with a consume and continue the laugh spam.[spoilers] this must be why I don't have a ribbon on my main [/]
good, fuck everything about lane nunu

How often does your orbs not instant in a fight?
in fights maybe, but soaking up harass in lane, being kited, karthus and lux ult, all of that got worse.

zkylon

zkylewd
Holy shit. That blue card nerf is painful.
if my math's right it's not much of a nerf

old tf at level 1: 26 + (46 + 3.3 * 1) * .6 = 55.5
new tf at level 1: 50

old tf at level 18: 78 + (46 + 3.3 * 18) * .6 = 141.1
new tf at level 18: 150

ad tf might take offense with it lol

Boken

Banned
lane nunu was such a trap anyway. good in lane, but struggled incredibly to make an impact in the game. that he can be beat made it worse
So they did a "riven shift" for Elise. No bonus armor/mr for doubling the heal on hit coeff. Definately a nerf to early game laning and ganking, but will even out if not be better for jungling once you have some AP mid game. Maybe I'll actually build an AAStaff instead of Manamune if I go tear.

Im not sure youll heal enough to make up for the lack of tank stats to stay in spider form

but they nerfed his q, so they just pushed damage around, instead of removing it. for me either the e nerf isn't enough or the q shouldn't have been buffed

good, fuck everything about lane nunu

in fights maybe, but soaking up harass in lane, being kited, karthus and lux ult, all of that got worse.
you should have enough time to double stack your diana shield in regards to karthus ult
but yes on other points

----

why doesnt anybody care about item sets
and cc bars?

what about the diana lore comic?
http://imgur.com/a/8nsDi
http://kirrys.thinkbot.org/DianaEnglish-2013.zip
or give the artist some hits when the site is finally back up: http://diana.league-art.com/

zkylon

zkylewd
lane nunu was such a trap anyway. good in lane, but struggled incredibly to make an impact in the game. that he can be beat made it worse
yup, burn him in a fire, lane nunu is a cancer to both teams

you should have enough time to double stack your diana shield in regards to karthus ult
but yes on other points
even in the case you stack it, it's still 200(+.6) vs 155(+.45). it's better, but it's unreliable.

----

why doesnt anybody care about item sets
well enigma item changer had that sorted out already

but it'll be nicer not to have to open a second program

and cc bars?
this is very nice. also new cc icons too :3

what about the diana lore comic?
http://imgur.com/a/8nsDi
http://kirrys.thinkbot.org/DianaEnglish-2013.zip
or give the artist some hits when the site is finally back up: http://diana.league-art.com/
looked at the pretty pictures but haven't read it yet

pre-evil diana would make a nice skin

also I'm watching a depressing movie :p

Type2

Three games in a row with at least one AFK. This game must have a serious issue with this.

My last game, no joke, there were three AFK'ers the ENTIRE game.. we got demolished obviously.

I'd say I need a break..

TI9pppo.png
6 losses in a row for me with 3 afks back to back. Is it some kind of holiday?

Also, perfect time to introduce a new diana skin now that she is irrelevant. Man I had no idea there were gonna be other nerfs besides the shield =[

Ferga

I'm winning 4-6lp per game

When I lose, I lose 6

However, when I win my next game I get 18lp. (which kind of means I have a net gain of 2 wins in a row)

Does this mean my mmr is good?

It's not a coincidental thing as well, it's happened all 3 times i've lost in gold 1.

If my mmr is good, why is my lp gain so small.

I'm so confused

The LP system is incredibly messy. They could really do with improving it fundamentally for next season. There's just no way to gauge how close you are to the required MMR.

Boken

Banned
I'm winning 4-6lp per game

When I lose, I lose 6

However, when I win my next game I get 18lp. (which kind of means I have a net gain of 2 wins in a row)

Does this mean my mmr is good?

It's not a coincidental thing as well, it's happened all 3 times i've lost in gold 1.

If my mmr is good, why is my lp gain so small.

I'm so confused
no it means that somehow you guys got matched with a really gud team

either that or the system bugged out and is giving you LP that you earned a while ago

it happens

The LP system is incredibly messy. They could really do with improving it fundamentally for next season. There's just no way to gauge how close you are to the required MMR.
i dunno what youre talking about

why cant people just play

silver 1 decay 4 lyf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom