• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Ok. Time to beg for a new sale. I HAVE to have Elise. I can't believe I didn't buy her before. She is so much fun in the jungle. Such high base damage to begin with but then add some magic pen and she's a huge burst threat while still staying tanky. Great jungle control.

If she doesn't go on sale next week my hard earned IP is going toward her. Elise, Hecarim and Vi will be my jungle trifecta.

Agkel

Ok. Time to beg for a new sale. I HAVE to have Elise. I can't believe I didn't buy her before. She is so much fun in the jungle. Such high base damage to begin with but then add some magic pen and she's a huge burst threat while still staying tanky. Great jungle control.

If she doesn't go on sale next week my hard earned IP is going toward her. Elise, Hecarim and Vi will be my jungle trifecta.

I usually dont play free champs since I already own all that interest me(66 or so champs) but seeing as you're saying shes a bursty jungle interest me. How are you building her, I may give her a try

good, fuck everything about lane nunu
lane nunu was such a trap anyway. good in lane, but struggled incredibly to make an impact in the game. that he can be beat made it worse

Lol I was referring to support Nunu. I still think he's easily viable as a support still because of his kit's synergy with so many champs. The nerf will only heavily effect his solo laning I feel. He survived other nerfs already(but that was due to how OP he was as a support before)

zkylon

zkylewd
Lol I was referring to support Nunu. I still think he's easily viable as a support still because of his kit's synergy with so many champs. The nerf will only heavily effect his solo laning I feel. He survived other nerfs already(but that was due to how OP he was as a support before)
personally I hate all nunus :p

I have a tiny bit of sympathy for jungle nunu

Type2

I feel like her upcoming nerfs hit jungle kinda hard.
Nunu changes look kinda broken I can see him being bigger than Cho(Health wise) and hitting pretty hard with all his jungle buffs.

garath

I feel like her upcoming nerfs hit jungle kinda hard.
Nunu changes look kinda broken I can see him being bigger than Cho(Health wise) and hitting pretty hard with all his jungle buffs.

Yeah. I literally just read the patch notes. Ow. That's a huge hit to her tankiness. Especially early game. :( might actually have to build bruisery now. Why riot?? Right as I find her.

I usually dont play free champs since I already own all that interest me(66 or so champs) but seeing as you're saying shes a bursty jungle interest me. How are you building her, I may give her a try

I build the mage jungle item first (the name eludes me right now and I'm on my phone) into sorc shoes then haunting guise. From there its rylias and finishing liandrys. If the game isn't over by now, I'd probably build zhonyas or a straight tank item like randuins.

Last game I played I finished the liandrys and I was able to kill the fiddle support with one spell rotation. Boom.

Type2

Yeah. I literally just read the patch notes. Ow. That's a huge hit to her tankiness. Especially early game. :( might actually have to build bruisery now. Why riot?? Right as I find her.

I build the mage jungle item first (the name eludes me right now and I'm on my phone) into sorc shoes then haunting guise. From there its rylias and finishing liandrys. If the game isn't over by now, I'd probably build zhonyas or a straight tank item like randuins.

Last game I played I finished the liandrys and I was able to kill the fiddle support with one spell rotation. Boom.

Spirit of the spectral wraith. Yeah that dirty spellvamp on her and diana + liandrys.
I feel your pain I was saving up for her to jungle with but at least I plenty of options with what i currently own.

Blizzard

Banned
The LP system is incredibly messy. They could really do with improving it fundamentally for next season. There's just no way to gauge how close you are to the required MMR.
They should replace with like, some sort of numeric system with regular point gains and losses, and easily understood cutoff points.

And then they could instead of calling it mmr, give it some clever and catchy name, like maybe "elo" or something.

6 losses in a row for me with 3 afks back to back. Is it some kind of holiday?
I just played 4 aram games, and there was a partial afk or disconnect in at least 3 of them, possibly all 4.

I just had a good game playing with Fizz(jungler).

Since I don't have any good champion for jungling (except for Vi, but I'm kinda bad with her right now). So I was like... well... let's play Fizz jungler...

And it was a really cool game, my best game playing as jungler (I have only played as the jungler 4 times).

Is Fizz actually viable as a Jungler? (Nothing like taking my blue, then jumping over baron to steal red.[It's funnier than doing the same with Vi]) :p

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of Diana, isn't she the only champion with an effect that happens every [some number] attacks without an icon to track it? Caitlyn and Kennen have the little icon with the number, but with Diana I just have to remember when the last one was or watch for the color change. It's not TOO bad since it's only 3 hits, but an icon would be nice.

Agkel

Nice, Ill give it a try later tonight, thx!

Boken

Banned
Speaking of Diana, isn't she the only champion with an effect that happens every [some number] attacks without an icon to track it? Caitlyn and Kennen have the little icon with the number, but with Diana I just have to remember when the last one was or watch for the color change. It's not TOO bad since it's only 3 hits, but an icon would be nice.

counting is a skill

get good

-dota

zkylon

zkylewd
ibowKiqxZ1alg4.png

so this happened... 2 adcs top, 2 adcs bot, 1 apc mid...

my score's pretty shitty, but I did really good early and mid game, late game died a lot just taking out towers/inhibs by myself and then mf started taking all mah kills :p

strategy is to basically pretend you're in labour and push push push push push

tafer

Ugh, when I'm going to learn, if someone starts shit talking, the best counter is to stay quiet and play and if they continue, put them on ignore. So simple and effective, and yet... I have to open my mouth, earning more shit talk and often becoming the scapegoat of all those who are failing miserably.

Bendoruu

Neo Member
Recipe changed: Faerie Charm + 120 gold = 300 total gold

I don't get this part. Does that mean that the Faerie Charm will now cost 300 gold ? Isn't that huge ? It would increase the price of all my starting items since I mostly play support (level 28 noob here).

If someone could clarify this for me that would be great.

I don't get this part. Does that mean that the Faerie Charm will now cost 300 gold ? Isn't that huge ? It would increase the price of all my starting items since I mostly play support (level 28 noob here).

If someone could clarify this for me that would be great.

No. The Faerie Charm costs 180 gold, and you need to spend another 120 gold to upgrade it to a Mana Manipulator.

so this happened... 2 adcs top, 2 adcs bot, 1 apc mid...

my score's pretty shitty, but I did really good early and mid game, late game died a lot just taking out towers/inhibs by myself and then mf started taking all mah kills :p

strategy is to basically pretend you're in labour and push push push push push

Every single person on the enemy team should have built wardens and tabi.

Xisiqomelir

Warwick buffs in patch! Too good

2nd champion I bought. Totes worth it.

Boken

Banned
Itemisation trapping strategies just blew my mind. I never thought of the lanes that way.

basically,

seekers armguard allows AP to lane vs common bruiser tops

bruiser top has to build MR to be bruisery for lane

come midgame, MR bruiser gets shredded by your AD caster in mid and ADC

a similiar but smaller mid game power spike can be done with double AP Comps because MR itemisation is limited - but this nets you a stronger late game in your ADC as a tradeoff

the korean metagame is all about that mid game team fight abuse and is imo the superior metagame (in terms of what trumps what) and so.....

traditional bruisers are dead. (unless ur in the jungle, then ancient golem 4 lyf)

of course though, bruisers with mid game power spikes themselves are still pretty strong in this environment and those with incredible laning power can still take advantage of the AP tops, giving the strategy some counterplay

Subtle

20-20. Both teams neck and neck. We just won the last team fight and the enemies are back with vengeance in mind. Malphite uses ult on the entire enemy team AND THEN WINDOWS UPDATE.

Edit: we lost during the windows update. Kill me. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom