• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Huehuehue

Ken

Riot needs a team dedicated to making fan-submitted skins because the world doesn't need battle-armor Renekton for the 5th time.

Boken

Banned
Just solo-topped for the first time in a draft game and it actually went kinda okay? I was up against warwick as Jax, and I got REALLY behind because he killed me twice, but at some point I turned it around somehow and he would initiate on me with his ult and I'd just spank him. I think I was playing too cautious at first, plus the fact that Jax has very little sustain. Once I got to mid-game he couldn't handle me one on one. It felt good. I was useless in teamfights but I won my lane and the other team surrendered so.

Probably because WW is terrible.

oi nah jax is the best duelist past 6 in the world

zkylon

zkylewd
Finally grew a pair and went adc in ranked. 10-2-9 with Corki! I get a couple kills then somehow escape every teamfight with barely any hp. 4-0 so far in ranked. I figure I should get my bearings in these placement matches.
not to be negative or anything but placement matches in my experience are always super smooth for some reason. like, everyone's nice, plays well, etc. then the nightmare begins.

I need to get Sona. That ult is priceless, it can carry me out of the deeps. But I want to unlock the cute snake first. Oh well.
get sona

share your boob love dance with the world

Boken

Banned
GET READY FOR THE ALL STARS SHANGHAI
The teams will be heading to Shanghai this Monday in preparation for the All-Stars Event starting on the 24th. More than just a fun showmatch, positions and spots in the World Championships are on the table for the victors at the All-Stars Shanghai.

CHN, KR are the most competitive regions in the League scene with distinct, developed metas and are clear favourites. EU boasts a highly synergistic team in Gambit v2 and should still be considered a threat. With the fall of TPA, SEA are yet again discounted from being a top dog - but this mistake cost many teams in the last World Championships. NA is considered by most to be the weakest team and might take this opportunity to surprise the audience and their opponents. One advantage for NA (and EU), is that CHN, KR and SEA are still busy with their leagues and will only have one week to practice together while NA and EU have had plenty of time to acclimatise.

There will be 1v1/2v2 skill competitions each day in addition to the all-star matches!

Schedule in NA time: http://bit.ly/All-StarNA
Schedule in EU time: http://bit.ly/All-StarEU
(riot don care about AU i think)

WHAT IT MEANS:
The country that wins of the all-star match gets a bonus spot in the World Championships at the end of the competitive season. In addition, the last placing region will not get a bye for their first place seed and will have to play it out of the group stages (like korea did in LOL WC 1).
(Keep in mind that SEA have a Bye to the Semis due to winning the last World Champs and cannot place last.)

PREDICTION COMPETITION (run by leaguepedia)
http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Special:FormEdit/2013AllStarsPredictions

OFFICIAL PAGE: (actually has a lot of good info)
http://na.lolesports.com/allstar

MEET THE TEAMS
Videos: [EU] | [NA] | [SEA] | [KR]
In Depth Analysis by MonteCristo: [Part 1] | [Part 2] (great read for info on differing metas in different regions and popular picks)
Team Primer via LCS: LCS page

Recently got an email that my account would be deleted if I didn't log in and play a game.

I didn't play much the first time, but after that one game it's gotten me really sucked in. I'm now level 11 and getting much more confident about the game.

I played Morgana who was a free champion when I started, but have recently "discovered" Lux and her awesome laser cannon. Luckily she plays similarly to Morgana so it's a familiar crossover.

bjaelke

Recently got an email that my account would be deleted if I didn't log in and play a game.

I didn't play much the first time, but after that one game it's gotten me really sucked in. I'm now level 11 and getting much more confident about the game.

I played Morgana who was a free champion when I started, but have recently "discovered" Lux and her awesome laser sniper cannon. Luckily she plays similarly to Morgana so it's a familiar crossover.

Lux is a very popular pick right now and has in many ways replaced Morgana. Ezreal plays somewhat similar to Lux, so maybe you'll also like him.

Boken

Banned

I played Morgana who was a free champion when I started, but have recently "discovered" Lux and her awesome laser cannon. Luckily she plays similarly to Morgana so it's a familiar crossover.

rofl thats how they get em

welcome to the club

i think there are a few people in here at the same experience level as you. play together for more fun times!

lux is pretty good tho, stick with her for sure

ps dont buy any rank 2 runes

zkylon

zkylewd
so played on the brazilian server for a while and fucking hell, the difference between 60 and 170 ping is pretty fucking huge.

I'll miss you guys T_T

lux is the bestest, she's super safe, can gank, steal objectives, push lanes, snowball, laugh maniacally, everything.

also you can pretty much build anything on her and it'll work

Lux is a very popular pick right now and has in many ways replaced Morgana. Ezreal plays somewhat similar to Lux, so maybe you'll also like him.
I should buy ezreal one of these days, specially with blue ez going around. everytime he's on free week I play him and enjoy him, but it'd break my rule of "all ezreal players are assholes"...

hmmmm

Boken

Banned
so played on the brazilian server for a while and fucking hell, the difference between 60 and 170 ping is pretty fucking huge.

I'll miss you guys T_T

lux is the bestest, she's super safe, can gank, steal objectives, push lanes, snowball, laugh maniacally, everything.

also you can pretty much build anything on her and it'll work

I should buy ezreal one of these days, specially with blue ez going around. everytime he's on free week I play him and enjoy him, but it'd break my rule of "all ezreal players are assholes"...

hmmmm

you miss your kind

Boken

Banned
Well the first korean game is EU v KR and diamondprox is also pretty potent on him so who knows

madlife is amazing on thresh, but so is edward so who knows again

Hey, fellow gaffers, what would you guys say is a fair price to ask/how much would you pay for a EU West Lvl 30 account with all the champions except Lissandra and 1 extra rune page? It has never been used in ranked. 0 skins. Green ribbon (Great Teamate). ~1000 RP (enough for a name change).

Thinking of selling the account on eBay... I never really play anymore and even when I do (which is like once every 3 months or so) I could just use my brother's account.

Bumpety bump. Anyone?

Boken

Banned
Bumpety bump. Anyone?

never played ranked isnt that big of a deal since they reset each season

0 skins make it worth a lot less

corgi for example has an expensive account

all champions+1 rune page+i doubt you have a huge rune selection --- idk, maybe 120 USD?

me personally though, id pay around 100$

La Morgana VO teaser https://soundcloud.com/riotgameslatino/sets/la-llorona-teaser-voz#play

by mexican actress Laura Torres

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

edit: Those wondering the movement sound says La piedad no existe : Mercy does not exist

too creepy do not want

also sounds a little manly sorry laura torres

Edwardo

not to be negative or anything but placement matches in my experience are always super smooth for some reason. like, everyone's nice, plays well, etc. then the nightmare begins.

Fair enough. I've come to the decision so far that it isn't about what team is actually better, but what team doesn't turn on itself first..

never played ranked isnt that big of a deal since they reset each season

0 skins make it worth a lot less

corgi for example has an expensive account

all champions+1 rune page+i doubt you have a huge rune selection --- idk, maybe 120 USD?

me personally though, id pay around 100$

That's alot more than I had in mind, so it's all good. =D ~100$ would be awesome, considering I only spent ~50$ in RP.

As for not having skins... I do have 3, the free Alistar and Tristana ones and Jungle Sivir which was part of a bundle. I don't "get" skins. At all. Which is why I have none. Cosmetic items make some sense on DotA since everything else is already free and it's the only way to support the dev, but in LoL skins just always seemed the most useless way to support the dev... I always invested in more champs rather than skins, it just made more sense to me since skins don't really do anything. I guess I'm not their target audience...

garath

That's alot more than I had in mind, so it's all good. =D ~100$ would be awesome, considering I only spent ~50$ in RP.

As for not having skins... I do have 3, the free Alistar and Tristana ones and Jungle Sivir which was part of a bundle. I don't "get" skins. At all. Which is why I have none. Cosmetic items make some sense on DotA since everything else is already free and it's the only way to support the dev, but in LoL skins just always seemed the most useless way to support the dev... I always invested in more champs rather than skins, it just made more sense to me since skins don't really do anything. I guess I'm not their target audience...

I've never been much of a cosmetic item purchaser before either but I bought the first skin on sale for a champ I played a lot and really enjoyed the quality of work that went into it. If I'm going to be looking at a champ for the next 40 minutes, its nice to have some different looks.

I can't believe I've been ignoring Sona all this time because she was just support. Either I was up against a bad team or I was just plain good with Sona. It was my first time playing as Sona and it said I was on a killing spree, I killed 3 champions with my partner Khaz zix.

My only problem with being Sona was how squishy I was and how I was the main target for everyone on the opposing team. Her ult is amazing and I was doing half health damage with it so I was happy about that. So far it seems my best champions are Ezreal, Singed, and Sona. These 3 are fun as heck to play with.

Ken

how do i kayle

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.

Recipe by Bobby "Thresh" Flay

zkylon

zkylewd
Blue Yorick is the next FOTM.
yeah but I only play pretty girls

La Morgana VO teaser https://soundcloud.com/riotgameslatino/sets/la-llorona-teaser-voz#play

by mexican actress Laura Torres

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

edit: Those wondering the movement sound says La piedad no existe : Mercy does not exist

edit2: I got freaked out for a second when I heard someone narrating the story of La Llorona (in spanish). It turns out if you autoplay the sounds at the link this sound track with the story comes on.
that sounds creepy like in the bad way

no good mexican actress laura torres

no good

Fair enough. I've come to the decision so far that it isn't about what team is actually better, but what team doesn't turn on itself first..
be really solid yourself, don't make mistakes and carry through consistence, that's what I think it's key. the team that's losing always starts asking for reports and whatever, so turning on yourselves may be unavoidable since people never like to admit they fucked up.

Nintendo is selling refurbished OG models for a decent price direct on their website with a one year warranty.
got a link?

dses are pricey as fuck here

it makes champions I like look cooler and it's not as overpriced and random as dota shit, which I appreciate greatly.

it's up to each, I enjoy making lux or orianna look better than buying a new champion, since that I can do with IP.

Inskipp

Spotted a cool little event while playing ARAM. A quest popped up, asking Ashe to kill Lissandra (Ashe in my team, so it was probably vice-versa for the enemy Liss). Our Ashe managed to get an assist on Liss when she died, after which Ashe got a buff that placed a floating crown above her head. I think she even said some unique voice- line regarding the situation.

Not sure if mentioned here before, but I thought it was cool touch.

Einbroch

Banned
Spotted a cool little event while playing ARAM. A quest popped up, asking Ashe to kill Lissandra (Ashe in my team, so it was probably vice-versa for the enemy Liss). Our Ashe managed to get an assist on Liss when she died, after which Ashe got a buff that placed a floating crown above her head. I think she even said some unique voice- line regarding the situation.

Not sure if mentioned here before, but I thought it was cool touch.

Yeah it's cool, and much easier to see than the ultra-hard-to-come-by Kha'Zix/Rengar event.

Ashhong

They need to make a pinata theme for Zac. Every time his passive comes on my friends and I always yell on skype "mine! mine! must find the last piece!" and just have an awesome time getting the last hit. Imagine if it was pieces of candy that fell out when he died.

Kenai

They need to make a pinata theme for Zac. Every time his passive comes on my friends and I always yell on skype "mine! mine! must find the last piece!" and just have an awesome time getting the last hit. Imagine if it was pieces of candy that fell out when he died.

My last ARAM as Leona I walked into what I thought was a minion group with my W active to clear them and when the light came down "You have slain an enemy!" and I killed Zac. I was a bit out of it I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom