• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't play ranked until you're comfortable with *every* role, and have 2-3 champs for each. You don't want your comfort champ getting banned/picked by the enemy.

If you're looking to have a team filling all roles, expect to play nothing but support and jangler. My top played champs in ranked are just for those two roles. Of course on the very rare occasions I get to pick my comfort champ in my comfort role I steamroll.

Ken

What's there to be scared of about ranked. Stat tracking, visible progression in ranks, and the people in normals aren't much better than ranked.

Don't play ranked until you're comfortable with *every* role, and have 2-3 champs for each. You don't want your comfort champ getting banned/picked by the enemy.

If you're looking to have a team filling all roles, expect to play nothing but support and jangler. My top played champs in ranked are just for those two roles. Of course on the very rare occasions I get to pick my comfort champ in my comfort role I steamroll.

And this doesn't happen in normal draft?

What's there to be scared of about ranked. Stat tracking, visible progression in ranks, and the people in normals aren't much better than ranked.

People are a lot more annoying in ranked.

The times I see a teammate trying to throw a game after one early setback is 100x more frequent than normals.

I don't play draft because no one plays draft in our region. It took me 20 mins the last time I queued.

Blizzard

Banned
In normal draft you won't get yourself way down in the depths where it takes ages to climb out after placement. Or if you do, at least you won't have visible ranks and numbers that tell you that.

I speak from experience. Back with the old system I got into ranked, experimented with stuff, got down to like 700-800, and then climbed back to 1200-1300 eventually. I think it literally took 2 months of solid playing though. Better players could probably do it much faster but it really isn't worth it. Normal can be used as a learning experience, and then your first 50 ranked games can have the higher elo/LP gains of recent placement instead of being an eternal minimal elo/LP grind.

On an unrelated note I just got free week Elise in ARAM. That was one of the most I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING games in a long time. I would just press all the buttons when a fight happened and sometimes people would die, or I would just poke with the stun and spider when a fight didn't happen.

Ken

I'd hope players would learn the bare minimum to play ranked during their level 1 to 30 normal grind.

I just think playing ranked is a better competitive experience all around than what you can get out of months of normals.

Boken

Banned
In normal draft you won't get yourself way down in the depths where it takes ages to climb out after placement. Or if you do, at least you won't have visible ranks and numbers that tell you that.

I speak from experience. Back with the old system I got into ranked, experimented with stuff, got down to like 700-800, and then climbed back to 1200-1300 eventually. I think it literally took 2 months of solid playing though. Better players could probably do it much faster but it really isn't worth it. Normal can be used as a learning experience, and then your first 50 ranked games can have the higher elo/LP gains of recent placement instead of being an eternal minimal elo/LP grind.

On an unrelated note I just got free week Elise in ARAM. That was one of the most I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING games in a long time. I would just press all the buttons when a fight happened and sometimes people would die, or I would just poke with the stun and spider when a fight didn't happen.

on the plus side, ranked MMR actually resets somewhat

get into the pit in normals, NEVER GET OUT

I'd hope players would learn the bare minimum to play ranked during their level 1 to 30 normal grind.

you have a lot of RP spent

apparently this game is pay 2 win

does this mean you are diamond tier

Blizzard

Banned
I got my first ARAM pentakill (Xin, stealing last hits) after some futile attempts to win ARAM games. Although, we nearly lost the game afterwards. One of our teammates practically had a seizure and typed random letters for a minute or two after the pentakill, and we got aced a couple of times and nearly lost nexus towers. :( Our Janna tried to surrender and threatened to afk, sitting in spawn for a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, decided to play ranked again.

we get jax ap mid

he feeds the enemy diana

ends match calling me a fag

yeah ranked it's not so much scary as it is pathetically sad.

There needs to be some sort of ranked achievement list

[ ] win a 4v5 (as the team with the 4)
[ ] lose a 4v5 (as the team with the 5)
[ ] get blamed for all lanes losing as the jungler
[ ] lose game due to a lane always farming

Blizzard

Banned
There needs to be some sort of ranked achievement list

[ ] win a 4v5 (as the team with the 4)
[ ] lose a 4v5 (as the team with the 5)
[ ] get blamed for all lanes losing as the jungler
[ ] lose game due to a lane always farming
This is great, or even some sort of bingo card.

[ ] get called racist/homophobic slur
[ ] have an active intentional feeder (this is actually pretty rare now)
[ ] the only wards on the map are the ones you placed

zkylon

zkylewd
just had like the most frustrating game ever.

there was a zed that was like obsessed with me, I couldn't go anywhere without him popping up, just over and over again. I had a pretty good lead in lane against brand but zed just destroyed my mid game, I couldn't do anything, died like 6 times because of him, in teamfights, while farming, no matter when the guy would ult me.

we were winning anyways, because nasus was pretty fed, and I get my revenge shot, I get all my spells on him and have plenty of health to survive his ult, then when my laser's about to be fired fucking mf last hits him and gets the kill

damn :/

AdventChild

Neo Member
[X] win a 4v5 (as the team with the 4)
[X] lose a 4v5 (as the team with the 5)
[X] get blamed for all lanes losing as the jungler
[X] lose game due to a lane always farming
[ ] get called racist/homophobic slur
[X] have an active intentional feeder (this is actually pretty rare now)
[ ] the only wards on the map are the ones you placed

Done.

And...

[X] call me feeder with 4-5 when he/she goes with 4-7ormore

Vlad is okay. He gets tons of free health from his passive so resists are often fine on their own. He has some really bad matchups though (FIZZ).

My heart... 4v5 ARAM. It became "Protect the Kat" with Alistar, Nautilus and me (Soraka) shredding their MR plus whatever I could get to keep her alive longer (Randuin, True Ice, Crucible, SS CDR mastery + Eleisa + Heal combo). It paid off since she went 34/15. I don't know how Alistar is somehow doing decent damage going pure tank.

EXGN

New sale is up. Looks like Vlad, Cass, and Gragas for champs, Musketeer Twisted Fate, Bilgerat Rumble, Dryad Soraka for skins.

Considering picking up vlad. Anyone play him? He seems kinda boring so I don't know yet.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-skin-sale-521-524

He's still pretty good, but the S3 changes weren't as good to him as they were to other prominent top lane champions (except the Spirit of the Spectral Wraith). Red elixir made all-in champs like Renekton just way stronger compared to farming champions like Yorick and Vlad, but the nerf to red is probably a good thing for them.

Is there any fix/patch out there for that lame ass mouse cursor jumping/skipping thing? It's incredibly annoying and essentially makes me completely useless for 5 minutes at a time every time it happens.

zkylon

zkylewd
New sale is up. Looks like Vlad, Cass, and Gragas for champs, Musketeer Twisted Fate, Bilgerat Rumble, Dryad Soraka for skins.

Considering picking up vlad. Anyone play him? He seems kinda boring so I don't know yet.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-skin-sale-521-524

he's pretty fun, but your team will have to make up for your lack of cc, so I don't really like using him so much.

he can also carry hard if you get sorta fed, his damage is insane.

(also I play him top, I feel he's pretty shit mid)

edit: also spirit of the wraith is op on him, don't get shitty wota

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I just found out nidalee can use cougar q as range attack by resetting human aa with r>q>right click.

Why no one ever tell me those useful tips, this just made nidalee 10 times more fun. Is Morgana waifu skin out tomorrow?

zkylon

zkylewd
635046732665250388.png

william wallace darius on next patch

c'mon, where's my diana skin

edit: also free champs:

450 - Soraka
1350 - Malphite, Evelynn
3150 - Urgot, Mordekaiser
4800 - Rumble, Talon
6300 - Varus, Vi, Syndra

cool mix, I'll play rumble, varus and talon a ton

Edwardo

635046732665250388.png

william wallace darius on next patch

c'mon, where's my diana skin

edit: also free champs:

450 - Soraka
1350 - Malphite, Evelynn
3150 - Urgot, Mordekaiser
4800 - Rumble, Talon
6300 - Varus, Vi, Syndra

cool mix, I'll play rumble, varus and talon a ton

Wow that's a pretty nice group of free champs. I'll probably play or at least try all of them once. I've always wanted to play Rumble.

Einbroch

Banned
I went support Lissandra last game in ranked because the ADC told me to go Leona or he'd feed. I then proceeded to go 5/1/8 as Lissandra. Still bottom, still "support".

He reported me.

Ghost23

I have chosen Ryze as the first character I'm going to main. What is a good build for Ryze that I can use? All the ones I can find are outdated.

zkylon

zkylewd
I went support Lissandra last game in ranked because the ADC told me to go Leona or he'd feed. I then proceeded to go 5/1/8 as Lissandra. Still bottom, still "support".

He reported me.
oh man I love doing that. suggestions are fine but if someone tells me or orders me to pick something I'll just go ahead and do the opposite.

then bait them into calling me racial slurs and report them

I have chosen Ryze as the first character I'm going to main. What is a good build for Ryze that I can use? All the ones I can find are outdated.
no more ryze players please T_T

Boken

Banned
AP teemo is a G.
yo his passive should let him attack a shroom to blow it up
imagine that gameplay
riot hire me
Is there any fix/patch out there for that lame ass mouse cursor jumping/skipping thing? It's incredibly annoying and essentially makes me completely useless for 5 minutes at a time every time it happens.
I've never heard of this, could you elaborate?
So I just found out nidalee can use cougar q as range attack by resetting human aa with r>q>right click.

Why no one ever tell me those useful tips, this just made nidalee 10 times more fun. Is Morgana waifu skin out tomorrow?
omg is that real?
are you lying to me kiunch

also

Annie

Tibbers HP increased from 1200/1600/2000 to 1200/2100/3000
Tibbers MR increased from 25/45/65 to 30/50/70
[Thanks Zerglinator]
Tibbers now benefits from Banner of Command.
annie best banner holder confirmed

I think ryze is great in that he has very fluid and flexible build paths - as long as you end up at 40% CDR with masteries and his Q passive

core items are a tear (generally into archangels, manamune permitting if you have double penetration runes+ running double AP+ need the damage) and a rod of ages.

other items:
- frozen heart: usually pretty good since youll have to go toe to toe with an ADC at some point + gives you 20% CDR
- banshees: good against enemy teams with key spells like amumu ult or even a leblanc
- abyssal: great for mid game dominance through MR shred on E, boots and abyssal passive
- spectral wraith: good for fights where you need sustain (e.g. they dont have burst damage and have 2 damage slots) also giving 10% cdr
- rylais: very good for catching people out of position as ryze has a huge uptime on the slow - also very good for kiting, if they have bruisers constantly diving you (spell vamp is also good vs bruisers)
- another rod of ages: for general HP and damage
- void staff if they are just stacking magic resist
- warmogs used to be a thing when combined with abyssal in order to take advantage of your base damage - but hp stacking through warmogs has really fallen out of favour
- some people like getting frozen gauntlet on him, I dont know why but dont do it.

if your lazy my go to build is
tear-boots1-cata-roa-(merc or mpen boots depending)-frozenheart or abyssal - archangel staff - varies greatly from there

Some people like WotA / Spectral Wraith on Ryze for the ridiculous spellvamp stack, though it's much preferred if someone else gets WotA.

Boken

Banned
huh

yeah it's real, a friend of mine does it all the time

what

but

(Active) While in Cougar Form, Nidalee's next attack will be enhanced to deal additional physical damage plus increased damage based on how low her opponents health is to a maximum of 300% physical damage.

how does it work

cougar>Q>R(human)>aa

???

zkylon

zkylewd
what

but

(Active) While in Cougar Form, Nidalee's next attack will be enhanced to deal additional physical damage plus increased damage based on how low her opponents health is to a maximum of 300% physical damage.

how does it work

cougar>Q>R(human)>aa

???
you auto in human form, go cougar and q with the spear still mid air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom