• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
are you saying the pbe health buffs to sona are actually a sneaky nerf to the sona-elise matchup?

It's no secret that Riot hates Elise but knows that her fans are die-hard, so they have to slide these sneaky buffs and nerfs in so we don't get upset.

It's like a slow burn.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's no secret that Riot hates Elise but knows that her fans are die-hard, so they have to slide these sneaky buffs and nerfs in so we don't get upset.

It's like a slow burn.

Riot hates supports even more. As soon as one of them starts becoming an effective champion they nerf them into the ground instead of buffing other supports to compete.

tafer

Guys, I'm seriously thinking in moving to the LAN servers and I want to hear why it could be a bad idea.

I don't really play ranked and outside of the ribbons, I'm not missing much. On the other hand, I'll potentially earn a better ping and hopefully a better community to play with.

So, ideas?

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys, I'm seriously thinking in moving to the LAN servers and I want to hear why it could be a bad idea.

I don't really play ranked and outside of the ribbons, I'm not missing much. On the other hand, I'll potentially earn a better ping and hopefully a better community to play with.

So, ideas?
shitty community and finding matches may take longer

I have to wait to see where they put on the servers

if they put the servers in chile I'll actually have more ping than in na because no one can figure out how to get internet through the andes for some reason

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, the later is a good point that I'll keep in mind... but the first point is something my mind is trying to comprehend. I mean, seriously, a worse community is possible ?

never underestimate how deep and disgusting the human scum pit can get. it's some inception shit of blamers

but with some luck there'll be less #YOLO

it's not all bad

also another thing I've noticed playing the brazil server is that at late hours matchmaking is kinda dead, at least at really low levels (I imagine it gets a lot better as you get to level 30+). makes sense, but na servers kinda fit my schedule better.

Ferga

I hate it when I feel completely useless in the jungle. :(

Stop winning your lanes and let me gank and tax your creeps :(

Boken

Banned

cant you just countergank the obvious gank on winning lane

or gank the enemy jungler

These are the level we expect from the 750 RP skins, no thanks.

These should be 520 RP. I know that doesn't exist anymore, but gross. No new animations, no new voice, no new taunts, no new anything, just an altered model.

I'm sure that the fact that these are limited edition will sucker in some people, though.

560rp each in the bundle!

garath

Me too. Though its better than having every lane lose and begging for ganks. Lol

If all else fails - Objective control. Ward their buffs and steal them. Take dragon.

Boken

Banned
dear summoners,

GV8OnpJ.png

with love from china

Ferga

Last 2 players afk at champ select and come back at the last second to instalock 2 supports.

Put ezreal top and have sona and janna at bot. They both buy nothing but wards and have support masteries and runes.

Ignore all lanes but ezreal. Solo dragon twice before 20minutes. Win.

MKBMhtd.png

Believe 2013.

My Q was taking half of cait's life at the 20minute mark. Was hilarious.

Subtle

Had the most intense game ever. The game started off very poorly. I was first blood. After a lot of back and forth, both teams buying GAs, and having our Nexus completely exposed, one team fight let us push to victory 55 minutes later. Ended 9-4 and have never felt so tense in-game.

Edit: I was against a Tristana who's build was Statikk-PD-Runaans-IE-GA-Berserkers. Doesn't seem like a very good build to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Had the most intense game ever. The game started off very poorly. I was first blood. After a lot of back and forth, both teams buying GAs, and having our Nexus completely exposed, one team fight let us push to victory 55 minutes later. Ended 9-4 and have never felt so tense in-game.

Edit: I was against a Tristana who's build was Statikk-PD-Runaans-IE-GA-Berserkers. Doesn't seem like a very good build to me.

I think I already said this, but I wish they removed runaans

no offense, but everyone that buys that item is a total noob :p

Ferga

Just played with a guy who plays nothing but ap eve jungle. I got TF in both games with the guy and we just wrecked face together.

Fun times.

Playing my first ranked game was completely overwhelming yesterday. I never knew that at the start you can ban champions, and on ranked people actually use the jungler role. On normal matches people usually go 2 top, 1 mid, and 2 bot. Not only that but people on ranked are kinda more whiney. Our mid player was fed and lvl 14 while everyone else was 11 and he wanted to surrender because we lost our 2nd mid turret. I've never seen a group want to give up so fast. We pushed through the match and still won but geez playing ranked was very unbearable.

I think I may just stick with playing normal matches from now on because i don't like ranked. I'm only lvl 19 and a friend who's lvl 30 started the match which got me in ranked. Didn't like it one bit except for being able to ban champions and the jungler role being open.

That sounds like you played draft mode not ranked (but it is exactly the same format). Also, I would recommend not playing ranked once you hit 30. Play ranked after you have played several hundred games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shyvana is supposedly getting a rework, and god does she need it.

PS: Janna is SOOOOOO OP in ARAM. It's like the happiest moment of my day when I get her.

scy

Shyvana's changes have been delayed but if they're what we saw at the start of this patch cycle, things should look good for her. If only for the 10/15/20 Fury per hit.

Not an entire rework. The standout change is that they're buffing the fury she gains per auto-attack in dragon form to the point that she can easily stay in dragon form throughout a teamfight.

That sounds like you played draft mode not ranked (but it is exactly the same format). Also, I would recommend not playing ranked once you hit 30. Play ranked after you have played several hundred games.

I might have to check out what draft mode is about then. I've never played anything else except normal matches, co-op vs AI, and a custom match for when I need to practice a champion.

draft mode offers a more balanced experience

i recommend getting used to it

I'll look into it.

I might have to check out what draft mode is about then. I've never played anything else except normal matches, co-op vs AI, and a custom match for when I need to practice a champion.

I'll look into it.

There are two types of normal mode (i.e. 5 v 5, not ranked): blind and draft.

Normal blind is probably what you usually play, i.e. everyone picks their champions at the same time and you don't see your enemy's champions.

Then there's normal draft, which is what you played with your friend. The person who has first pick on each team bans 3 champions each, then people take turns picking their champions and you can see what the enemy picks.

Ranked games are only played in draft mode, but you can't play ranked until you hit level 30.

Edwardo

This guy calls adc, then proceeds to tell us after the picks that it's his friends account and he's never played tristana before. Then says, oh what is this silver 4 GG.

There are two types of normal mode (i.e. 5 v 5, not ranked): blind and draft.

Normal blind is probably what you usually play, i.e. everyone picks their champions at the same time and you don't see your enemy's champions.

Then there's normal draft, which is what you played with your friend. The person who has first pick on each team bans 3 champions each, then people take turns picking their champions and you can see what the enemy picks.

Ranked games are only played in draft mode, but you can't play ranked until you hit level 30.

Yup, I only play normal blind. Normal draft I played with my friend and didn't quite enjoy it. Felt like a regular match except someone actually picked the jungler role and the banned champions.

Just recently I also stepped out of my comfort zone again. After a match some guy friended me and wanted to 1v1 me. I never played a 1v1 match and was terrible. I started the match and couldn't buy items so I just went in and got destroyed. I also was unfamiliar with the map layout and my enemy was just picking up health restores and kicking my butt. He even left for like 3mins and said he was back and was still kicking my butt.

At first I thought losing a normal match felt bad but losing a 1v1 feels downright tragic. I know it sounds like I'm complaining a lot but I'm being exposed to a ton of different modes lately and am trying to get used to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom