• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Just played with a guy who plays nothing but ap eve jungle. I got TF in both games with the guy and we just wrecked face together.

Fun times.

Hah. The guy is a beast at twisted treeline.

yHyUCSRh.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
For those of you who play both Dota 2 and LoL, how easy of a transition is it to get into Dota 2?

It takes a while. People think it's easy, but it's very different.

Skills in DotA waste a ton of mana and are devestating. You cannot spam, and right clicking is much more important. Pudge, a hero, has a hook like Blitz, except it does MASSIVE damage and the range is at least twice as long as Blitz's. Puck, a hero in Dota2, has an ability on a SIX SECOND COOLDOWN that makes her invincible and untargetable for 3.25 seconds. Anti-Mage can blink at least twice the distance of Flash from LoL on a FIVE SECOND COOLDOWN. Also, there is no such thing as AP in Dota. Skills will always do the same damage, except a few that scale with a stat or an item that amplifies the hero's ultimate.

Summoner spell teleport? Everyone can use with an item. Ezreal/Kass's blink? There's an item that does that. There's an item that allows the user to "Zhonya" any enemy or ally.Items in Dota2 have so many use effects that you basically always have 6-7 spells. Wards are limited in quantity (refreshing after time). "Vision Wards" don't provide vision, they only provide vision of invisible units.

You lose gold when you die. Dying is way more punishing in Dota2. Respawn times are longer, but you can spend gold to buy back, on a cooldown.

There's no recall. There's this thing called a courier that carries items to you, but can die. There's no summoner skills, there's no masteries, no runes, no bushes. Elevation matters.

The biggest difference to me is the fact that every hero has a different turn speed and you can easily body block allies and enemies. Your hit box is huge in DotA, and you can use that to block enemies, creep, or even allies. It's pretty different, but not impossible to get into. You'll almost instantly be able to compare hero skills from DotA and champion skills from LoL. Fiora's ult IS Juggernaut's ult, Puck's Q IS Lissandra's E.

zkylon

zkylewd
enemy alistar gave up and decided to sell everything and keep his base well warded lol

there were like twice as many wards but ezreal kept killing them...

also I learned morde counters diana pretty hard, I'm feeling like if the guy was a little better (I'm feeling he picked morde just to counter me) he should've denied me way harder, I was pretty miserable in lane but kept up in minions (and was beating him by 15 or something by the time he finally took down my turret) and warwick ganked me twice like a boss. I'm feeling I could've done better if I hadn't tried my luck a few times against him since I don't really get to play against morde all that much :p

For those of you who play both Dota 2 and LoL, how easy of a transition is it to get into Dota 2?

from my experience dota 2 is a mess to get into

lol is already pretty deep, but seriously I play one match of dota and say "fuck it" because about everything in the game is complicated in some way I just find annoying.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It takes a while. People think it's easy, but it's very different.

Skills in DotA waste a ton of mana and are devestating. You cannot spam, and right clicking is much more important. Pudge, a hero, has a hook like Blitz, except it does MASSIVE damage and the range is at least twice as long as Blitz's. Puck, a hero in Dota2, has an ability on a SIX SECOND COOLDOWN that makes her invincible and untargetable for 3.25 seconds. Anti-Mage can blink at least twice the distance of Flash from LoL on a FIVE SECOND COOLDOWN. Also, there is no such thing as AP in Dota. Skills will always do the same damage, except a few that scale with a stat or an item that amplifies the hero's ultimate.

Summoner spell teleport? Everyone can use with an item. Ezreal/Kass's blink? There's an item that does that. There's an item that allows the user to "Zhonya" any enemy or ally.Items in Dota2 have so many use effects that you basically always have 6-7 spells. Wards are limited in quantity (refreshing after time). "Vision Wards" don't provide vision, they only provide vision of invisible units.

You lose gold when you die. Dying is way more punishing in Dota2. Respawn times are longer, but you can spend gold to buy back, on a cooldown.

There's no recall. There's this thing called a courier that carries items to you, but can die. There's no summoner skills, there's no masteries, no runes, no bushes. Elevation matters.

The biggest difference to me is the fact that every hero has a different turn speed and you can easily body block allies and enemies. Your hit box is huge in DotA, and you can use that to block enemies, creep, or even allies. It's pretty different, but not impossible to get into. You'll almost instantly be able to compare hero skills from DotA and champion skills from LoL. Fiora's ult IS Juggernaut's ult, Puck's Q IS Lissandra's E.

There is also a boot upgrade that make you run faster and ignore unit collision, however, it is an active instead of passive. Something like 6 seconds duration and 8 seconds cd, so you just have to press 1 the entire freaking game every 8 seconds.

This is what separate a good dota2 player from great dota2 player.

Agkel

Any of you guys get the TPA skins? I got myself a $25 card yesterday but when I got home, I kind of lost my interest in the skins. Dont know if I should get them.

zkylon

zkylewd
Any of you guys get the TPA skins? I got myself a $25 card yesterday but when I got home, I kind of lost my interest in the skins. Dont know if I should get them.

just played with a tpa ez and it's kinda cool

ori's is terrible tho

it's literally regular orianna with a new shirt and a new hairdo

Edwardo

I got into LoL after Dota. The easiest way I can put it is in Dota 2 they balance everyone by making them overpowered. At least compared to league champs. There's a lot more devastating abilities.

njean777

Man my last match of the night was insane. I jungled Vi (ranked) and had a terrible start we were literally 6-20. Then all of a sudden I went into dominate mode after I got a frozen mallet and we destroyed the opposing team. I have no clue how that happened but I carried the hell out of the game.

Edwardo

Jungle Nunu is fun right now. Everyone should know how to play Shen.

One of my friends who I play with alot picks jungle Nunu most of the time. It does look fun. I'd buy Shen, but I feel like the majority of games I play he gets banned. I might give Orianna a shot.

Lost 50 points in 2 losses ;_;

The points system has been uncharacteristically good to me lately.

3 or 5 points for a win, 5 points for a loss. Speaking of, I don't know when you usually play, but I'm sitting at 75 points in Gold 1 if you ever want to duo into Plat 5.

In other news, Zac seems like a jungler I need to get good with.

Agkel

Holy shit balls, sitting at bronze 1 20 or so LP, lose 1 match and I get demoted to II with 75 LP.
Win 2 in a row 8LP and 9LP lose the third -20LP
Roit pls

Ferga

The points system has been uncharacteristically good to me lately.

3 or 5 points for a win, 5 points for a loss. Speaking of, I don't know when you usually play, but I'm sitting at 75 points in Gold 1 if you ever want to duo into Plat 5.

In other news, Zac seems like a jungler I need to get good with.

It's a rollercoaster ride for me.

Some days I lose/win 1-5lp

Some days I lose 20-30lp and win 15-20 back

4 games today. I'm in a 4v5.

Why do you do this to me matchmaking?

Yesterday, I got matched with a Lv10 Ashe for whatever reason, even though the enemies are all Lv30.

So damn glad I blindpicked Kass against Annie, though she was decent enough to know to harass me with AAs.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Eh, China are gods of Doto. I figured it would have been the same for LoL.

Although America beat the Chinese in their Doto LAN today.

Boken

Banned
It was on my main account btw. I only have 30 matches in ranked and don't play anymore since my internets is too unreliable.

Zergs.

So Korea? Cool.

racists

Eh, China are gods of Doto. I figured it would have been the same for LoL.

Although America beat the Chinese in their Doto LAN today.

i dunno what chinese doto infrastructure is like, but korea has embraced league with the whole of their collective hearts. the pro infrastructure supporting league over there is incredible

tbh though, this is an allstars tournament and not a real thingy of scenes - though korea league meta is probably better imo

in the many korea/china/sea tournaments, china does orrite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom