• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty massive nerf to sona's passive early game :/

Code:
lvl- new - old 
 1 -  13 -  18
 2 -  20 -  28
 3 -  27 -  38
 4 -  35 -  48
 5 -  43 -  58
 6 -  52 -  68
 7 -  62 -  78
 8 -  72 -  88
 9 -  82 -  98
10 -  92 - 108
11 - 102 - 118
12 - 112 - 128
13 - 122 - 138
14 - 132 - 148
15 - 147 - 158
16 - 162 - 168
17 - 177 - 178
18 - 192 - 188

this is like the most backwards change ever. buffing her base stats and nerfing the fun thing about her and that gives her tons of presence in lane (her double q passive) will make her safer and less aggressive, and also less rewarding for skilled players...

gross

Boken

Banned
He can't go down, though. He'll always be silver.

Always.

Really, it just comes down to that he's against people with bad mechanics. At that level of play, a lot of how certain matchups go don't work out simply by virtue of terrible plays. For instance, Fizz has an ideal matchup against anything that works on auto-attack triggers or skillshots since he can completely bypass it. On top of that, he has a built-in anti-sustain and he's naturally good against auto-attack harass anyway due to his passive.

Your "guide" is nothing but bad information that is entirely based around bad players playing poorly. Yes, Fizz will eat you alive at 6 (realistically, at 2 or 3). Akali can decimate you with minimal charges, much less three. Katarina is not about the one-and-done 100-0 burst anyway. You can throw out numbers all you want (that don't represent their actual all-in combos anyway) but that's where theorycrafting breaks down, especially when it's based off bad math (what are these builds? Fizz with maxed W and not factoring execute damage and his AAs? Akali without the double Q and AAs?).

I have no problem with you wanting to be unconventional and play something like Sona as an AP Mid but please understand why things actually work the way they do. You cannot leave out the factor of the player involved on both sides. Maybe you outplayed them. Maybe they have no idea what they're doing. Maybe many other things.

stop destroying the guy and answer me this
can elise shift into spider and rappel without delay??????

besides, sona would shit on akali and fizz pre 6

Did you know that client chat is Jabber-based, so you can set up your favorite Jabber client (even smartphone app I guess) to work with it and continue reading GAF without the need to launch game client in order to appear online, be able to send and receive messages to your friend list and pretend that you're going to play.
jabber....? programing jargon is weird

Anyone getting terrible lag in-game right now?

Just had a game where both sides were getting game stopping lagspikes throughout the game.
EUW?

just a heads up, the allstars opening ceremony is in 5 hours, skills matchup in 6, and NA v CHN is in 7 hrs.

scy

And yet people like voyboy play crazy shit at the highest level and make it work too. Let him have fun playing and talking about unconventional picks. What difference does it make to you? Also you didn't even explain why sona is bad or why anything in his guide is wrong, you just kinda said "it sounds like you're bad, you shouldnt be allowed to write guides" which I think is pretty awful

No, his post is "it sounds like you're playing against bad players, you shouldn't write about the general case." Which is what he's doing. Voyboy and other good players can "do what they want" because they're outplaying their opponent. They still don't sit there and advise without recognizing the inherent flaws that are there, however. Which, again, is what he's ignoring.

Like we've all said, he can have his fun playing something unconventional. Just don't sit there and preach about it without properly recognizing what's working there and what actually isn't. People incorrectly assume that because something didn't fail that it means that it's good. That's not quite how it works. It ignores so many factors.

stop destroying the guy and answer me this
can elise shift into spider and rappel without delay??????

I actually thought I did answer this this morning. Guess I didn't post it. She can do it with no delay but you need to hit the E after shifting. There's no hidden global cooldown or something if that's what you're getting at. There are some oddities about it where if you RE too fast she'll walk forward and then jump rather than shift jump.

Essentially, it's not super fluid off a quick RE. You can spam the E freely though so it's not like it has tight timings you're hitting .

Einbroch

Banned
elise's e is really weird, I don't get why she doesn't immediately jumps but instead requires you to click somewhere...

If you have smart cast on you will automatically jump unless your mouse is over a champion. If they're in range, it'll jump on them immediately. If they're outside of your cast range, you won't jump at all.

Snowman

No, his post is "it sounds like you're playing against bad players, you shouldn't write about the general case." Which is what he's doing. Voyboy and other good players can "do what they want" because they're outplaying their opponent. They still don't sit there and advise without recognizing the inherent flaws that are there, however. Which, again, is what he's ignoring.

Like we've all said, he can have his fun playing something unconventional. Just don't sit there and preach about it without properly recognizing what's working there and what actually isn't. People incorrectly assume that because something didn't fail that it means that it's good. That's not quite how it works. It ignores so many factors.

I guess it just didn't seem like he was preaching to me, I thought he was just sharing what he'd figured out so that other people could have fun playing like he was.

Blizzard

Banned
It is a little funny that right after the AP Sona mid guide posts, a Riot-nerfing-Sona's-early-game post appears. Maybe Riot doesn't want anyone playing Sona mid, like when they had to nerf Lulu mid and later on Lulu top. #conspiracies

zkylon

zkylewd
If you have smart cast on you will automatically jump unless your mouse is over a champion. If they're in range, it'll jump on them immediately. If they're outside of your cast range, you won't jump at all.
still feels like a weird normal behavior for the skill :p

I mean seriously why do you even have to click if where you click doesn't matter?

Subtle

Riot reads these forums. I'm done. You guys beat me and Riot did too ):

And to the guy who asked where those counter picks came from I just listed what I've played as Sona in ranked. I urge you all to try it before she gets nerfed in the next patch. It was fun while it lasted.

Edit: I bet Riot will try to play it off as a buff because of the 4 damage increase at level 18.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riot reads these forums. I'm done. You guys beat me and Riot did too ):

And to the guy who asked where those counter picks came from I just listed what I've played as Sona in ranked. I urge you all to try it before she gets nerfed in the next patch. It was fun while it lasted.

Hah, you think Sona is strong now. AP Sona used to be bonkers before her ratio nerfs.

Subtle

Hah, you think Sona is strong now. AP Sona used to be bonkers before her ratio nerfs.

Yeah I read over her patch notes. The Sona cry pic seems very fitting right now.

qIq32hU.png
qIq32hU.png
qIq32hU.png

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
Just got railed on by teammates for not knowing how to play eve in ARAM. Seriously, it is aram. Also, we won, they only dropped one tower. I told everyone I didn't know how to play eve and tried to listen to their suggestions, but just couldn't execute. I have only played a melee character a few times, but I thought I would give it a go with eve. I know I am complaining like a high schooler, but I just hate working for 10 hours, then coming home and having people tell you how much they hate you for 20 minutes when you just want to play a video game to unwind. Also, were only level 12, so it isn't like I should be expected to be a pro. Sorry, I just wanted to vent a little. Does anyone have any tips for what to do when you just aren't getting control of a new champion's mechanics and you want to diffuse a situation like mine where one or two players on your team are getting on you?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just got railed on by teammates for not knowing how to play eve in ARAM. Seriously, it is aram. Also, we won, they only dropped one tower. I told everyone I didn't know how to play eve and tried to listen to their suggestions, but just couldn't execute. I have only played a melee character a few times, but I thought I would give it a go with eve. I know I am complaining like a high schooler, but I just hate working for 10 hours, then coming home and having people tell you how much they hate you for 20 minutes when you just want to play a video game to unwind. Also, were only level 12, so it isn't like I should be expected to be a pro. Sorry, I just wanted to vent a little. Does anyone have any tips for what to do when you just aren't getting control of a new champion's mechanics and you want to diffuse a situation like mine where one or two players on your team are getting on you?

Put them on ignore. Don't take that garbage from anyone.

jerd

You could politely ask them if they are mad.

Just kidding. Just make fun of them for getting pissy over ARAM. Don't worry, you pretty much have become a little calloused to this community. Happens in the mid level 20s I think.

Match-up: Easy
The ultimate battle! AP Soraka versus AP Sona! While I wish this battle would be closer, it's not. You out poke Soraka, but she out heals you. Pre-6 you might having a hard time, however once you get your ultimate she won't be able to do much to you. It's better to engage right after she uses Infuse so you don't Flash+Crescendo and then get silenced, unable to follow up.
I would argue Soraka beats Sona. Infuse is a free harass that is an instant silence and has a slightly longer range. Its CD is only 3 seconds longer. She'll beat you with free pokes, stronger sustain natural, MR and shred. You can't burst her and you can't duel her.

Soraka is actually a strong AP bully. Her damage just falls off extremely quick and can't gank. She's pretty decent as a tanky AP ala Swain though.

Scratch

you sit in the corner and you think about what you did!

don't worry bout it brah, just bathe in the hate. let it wash over you. and then move on :)

Boken

Banned
"I randomly got this free week champion in ARAM that I have never played before, why are you so angry about it?"
i mean, theyre just frustrated at the game and immature so they pick whatever target they can
Can we talk about ap nunu? Or how about ap nunu using ulti in bush.... Plz riot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrdRwGYo7s

friendly reminder,
allstars shanghai opening ceremony starts in 2 hrs, skills match in 3, na v chn in 4

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
Put them on ignore. Don't take that garbage from anyone.

You could politely ask them if they are mad.

Just kidding. Just make fun of them for getting pissy over ARAM. Don't worry, you pretty much have become a little calloused to this community. Happens in the mid level 20s I think.

you sit in the corner and you think about what you did!

don't worry bout it brah, just bathe in the hate. let it wash over you. and then move on :)

:) Thanks. I know it shouldn't bother me, and for the most part it doesn't, but I am a sensitive guy by nature, so guess I just need to learn to get over it better. I actually think it is a miracle that it has taken me this long to meet someone like that.

Subtle

:) Thanks. I know it shouldn't bother me, and for the most part it doesn't, but I am a sensitive guy by nature, so guess I just need to learn to get over it better. I actually think it is a miracle that it has taken me this long to meet someone like that.

I own 50 something champs, but have only used around 20 of them. Even then I only actively use like four of them. You can imagine how fun ARAM is for me :p

zkylon

zkylewd

get your best feel good music on, mute the haters and go for happy thoughts.

focus on your own play, try to learn from your mistakes, etc.

you'll forget about them assholes in 10 minutes

I swear Fiora's ult can be such a kill stealer. I just jumped into a late team fight with my Fiora and just used my ult. I didn't notice that the team they were fighting had low health, so when I used my ult I killed like 3 and everyone got mad at me for kill stealing. I didn't know I was doing that much damage or they were at low health lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
iboodDKyaZP0B7.png

I lose my elo
my ranked team
my friends list
my honor
my tribunal rating

there are rewards, apparently, I imagine that morg skin is that reward, but I'm not a big fan

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom