• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, props to hotshot for being one of the first few great ones. he wasn't keeping up with the times and is right to retire, so hats off to him for putting his team first.

he'll still be rich since he owns clg anyways

Welcome to my story in 2011, when I switched from NA to EUW.
I didn't realize how 100 ping less could make all the difference in the world, I thought the delay between commands and execution was a game feature...
I have never been so wrong.

yeah I thought adc was pretty cool but after playing lux I gotta say I'm a tad aroused

how can anyone play with a 40 ping? i feel bad when i have more than 20.

fuck you dude :p

More Zooey GIFs?

more good for the cause

I guess they figured quirky stories dont increase sales

either that or that person got fired

or is working on something else.

hooker lb is on sale tho

I miss quirky stories, at least if the sale was shit at least they gave you something

Dodging skillshots feels so good, it was almost impossible to do so in NA.
dodging skillshots on 200 ping is easy, it just takes a little bit of clarivoyance

zkylon

zkylewd
I keep reading the brazil and turkey servers matchmaking is a nightmare, like matching challenger players with bronze players.

playing a bit of the brazil server at very low levels, I can kinda relate, with premade 3s, I've had like 5 minutes normal queues then ran into guys ten levels above me. numerous times.

hope the latam south server is better

hmmm...

kSt

I keep reading the brazil and turkey servers matchmaking is a nightmare, like matching challenger players with bronze players.

playing a bit of the brazil server at very low levels, I can kinda relate, with premade 3s, I've had like 5 minutes normal queues then ran into guys ten levels above me. numerous times.

hope the latam south server is better

hmmm...

Normal games matchmaking is broken everywhere, but low server population isn't helping either.

zkylon

zkylewd
Normal games matchmaking is broken everywhere, but low server population isn't helping either.
I dunno, on na I'm silver 5 and get constantly matched to similar players in high bronze/low silver.

in normals I got a better mmr and get constantly matched with golds and high silvers.

I mean, it stings worse when you're matched against a guy with 8% armor pen, flash and ignite and you're only level 4, but if it remains the same at level 30 it'd be pretty depressing...

any brazil level 30s here to share some experiences? dandan?

Edwardo

dat insultingly better turkish sale: http://tr.leagueoflegends.com/tr/ne...türkiye-sunucusuna-özel-indirimler-karşınızda

megaman lux
shen zed
gladiator draven (he's like, a month old? maybe?)

champs
kha6
vi
zed

seriously whaaaa

edit: also free champs: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/24411-free-champion-rotation

garen, nasus, leona, ska, ez, zilean, cho, graves, viktor and ziggs

I'll try out ziggs, and play a bunch of ezreal, like usual

Where's our 3 6300 sales... c'mon now...

Zilean is usually fun to play. Ziggs is my usual mid, so ill probably give him the week off. Graves and myself had some disagreements last time he was free but ill give him another shot. I've never played Ez so im down to try him too.

Agkel

Welp, played two matches after moving back up to B I and Full on retard is back on. I don't understand, won my last 7 ranked in a row while on B2 and everyone at least did the very basics of the game. B I? people going in 1v3 adc, everyone blaming everyone else in chat, no wards, no map awareness. Fucking hell... I need a beer stat!

Edwardo

Welp, played two matches after moving back up to B I and Full on retard is back on. I don't understand, won my last 7 ranked in a row while on B2 and everyone at least did the very basics of the game. B I? people going in 1v3 adc, everyone blaming everyone else in chat, no wards, no map awareness. Fucking hell... I need a beer stat!

Damn I know that feeling. Been drinking Sam Summers all day. Can't wait to get on some league later.

zkylon

zkylewd
And the mid Quinn wins keep coming ^_^

My victim tonight was Vlad.

I imagine mid quinn against someone with decent range it's like if she gets one good early passive q e passive combo she wins the lane, if not she loses it.

thing about quinn mid is that killing someone in a lane that short without hard cc is hard, I guess she sorta makes up with all her ms steroids from her w passive and ult but still...

she must be a joy to gank for, though, so much damage out of nowhere

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Thanks to those of you that advised me to smart cast E. I was weary at first and found it difficult, but now I love it. One thing though: I HATE Teemo. He didn't kill me, it's just that the poison thing is so annoying. Anyway, my match history looks a bit nicer now.

Ken

Thanks to those of you that advised me to smart cast E. I was weary at first and found it difficult, but now I love it. One thing though: I HATE Teemo. He didn't kill me, it's just that the poison thing is so annoying. Anyway, my match history looks a bit nicer now.

buy antidotes

:T

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't even know that existed. I have plenty of left over money after I kill him three times, may be cool to discourage him further by buying these.

edit: what

-_-
He's making a joke, there aren't antidotes. If you have lots of money and aren't dying much, you can buy oracles though. It costs like 400 gold, lasts 5 minutes, and shows you nearby mushrooms before you walk into them, so you can attack and kill them. It won't do anything about Teemo's autoattack poison however.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
He's making a joke, there aren't antidotes. If you have lots of money and aren't dying much, you can buy oracles though. It costs like 400 gold, lasts 5 minutes, and shows you nearby mushrooms before you walk into them. It won't do anything about Teemo's autoattack poison however.

I know, I searched that after posting :/

I'm not worried about mushrooms really with Kat.

I imagine mid quinn against someone with decent range it's like if she gets one good early passive q e passive combo she wins the lane, if not she loses it.

thing about quinn mid is that killing someone in a lane that short without hard cc is hard, I guess she sorta makes up with all her ms steroids from her w passive and ult but still...

she must be a joy to gank for, though, so much damage out of nowhere

The thing with Quinn is that it's so easy to pick up kills around the map because of her mobility, and she's pretty safe enough in mid since her W grants vision over both mid bushes. Like I didn't get a kill on Vlad until after 6 when me and our jungler managed to catch their jungler out (our jungler didn't gank for me, whereas their Udyr was camping me but I was still ahead in lane) and we killed the jungler and Vlad.

Vlad was a level or two behind me then, just when he was starting to hit that point where he becomes pretty strong, so I was able to continue bullying him. I was chunking him so hard every time he came close to me. I picked up a few triple kills in team fights and I just got fed.

Her ult cd is 140 seconds at rank 1, but when you're getting blue it's less than 2 minutes, so it's manageable. She's incredible at reacting to skirmishes around the map, very few midlaners can just see a fight and get there to clean up like her. Probably TF and summoner teleport are the only ways to match her. Then you can just use your positioning to clean up. In one fight I got a delayed quadra after picking up a triple with just Skystrike alone.

I finished 24/7/12. I love her <3

zkylon

zkylewd
lol

if you're blindpicking against teemo you might be fucked

if not just freeze lane in front of tower and ask for ganks

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
lol

if you're blindpicking against teemo you might be fucked

if not just freeze lane in front of tower and ask for ganks

I can think of a couple ways that the Teemo I fought could have taken mid lane easier.

He kept coming in with only 3 pots, even though he was clearly taking out my health little by little. I was doing the same with bouncing blades. If he came with more potions, he probably would have been able to survive longer and not get exploited when I see on tab that he has used all the pots.

Ferga

Seriously, am I the only one who is banning Jayce?

I've never seen a Jayce do badly. He is just so ridiculously easy to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
my personal bans are ryze, thresh and zac atm

jayce would be a good ban too, but those three are the ones that annoy me the most

Jayce's power spike when he gets his Muramana is disgusting. And he has the luxury of not needing to upgrade his ult so he can just maximise his Q+E damage asap.

Yeah, Jayce is pretty broken right now. Season 3 itemisation helped him so much after his nerfs.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can think of a couple ways that the Teemo I fought could have taken mid lane easier.

He kept coming in with only 3 pots, even though he was clearly taking out my health little by little. I was doing the same with bouncing blades. If he came with more potions, he probably would have been able to survive longer and not get exploited when I see on tab that he has used all the pots.
oh teemo mid

teemo mid is shit, pretty much anyone can beat him

jerd

Jayce has a high skill cap, but is really strong. This leads to bad Jayce player=good, good Jayce player= near unstoppable.

Words cannot describe how in love with Kassadin I am right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thats my new strategy with him mid. I usually max bouncing blades but his poison is useless if I can shunpo in and W.
in general I enjoy maxing w first with kat

since w has only 4 seconds cooldown you'll prolly be able to get at least two ws off in a fight, so in the end it's more damage than q. it's also your faceroll spell for when you start getting resets in a teamfight

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
in general I enjoy maxing w first with kat

since w has only 4 seconds cooldown you'll prolly be able to get at least two ws off in a fight, so in the end it's more damage than q. it's also your faceroll spell for when you start getting resets in a teamfight
I love Kat when we get into the team fighting phase, seriously. I got my first penta the other day, got a mejais and became god. I was so happy that day.

Scratch

Jayce has a high skill cap, but is really strong. This leads to bad Jayce player=good, good Jayce player= near unstoppable.

Words cannot describe how in love with Kassadin I am right now.

i play jayce. does this mean i'm good at the league of the legends?

Ferga

Seriously Jayce is dumb as hell.

I spent 20minutes camping him, made him go 0/5 with 80cs at 20minutes.

He finished manamune and just two shot our fed adc in every single team fight

Fuck this champ. So damn dumb.

Blizzard

Banned
Seriously Jayce is dumb as hell.

I spent 20minutes camping him, made him go 0/5 with 80cs at 20minutes.

He finished manamune and just two shot our fed adc in every single team fight

Fuck this champ. So damn dumb.
He's strong, but I'd like to see the math on that. Two-shotting with autoattacks? Or two-shotting with boosted Q plus autoattack or something?

JesseZao

Vi is taking over as my fave champ. I pretty much only jungle on my other acct. and she is just a 'blast' to play.

Just ip'd Zac, who is fun so far, but just doesn't have the damage satisfaction/feedback.

garath

Vi is taking over as my fave champ. I pretty much only jungle on my other acct. and she is just a 'blast' to play.

Just ip'd Zac, who is fun so far, but just doesn't have the damage satisfaction/feedback.

Vi has been my favorite champ and best jungle since I bought her. I've played almost half my ranked games with her and have a 70% win rate. Even post nerfs she can still pack a whallop mid game and has fantastic mobility.

The only other jungler I enjoy nearly as much is Elise. Both champs fit my play style quite well.

JesseZao

Vi has been my favorite champ and best jungle since I bought her. I've played almost half my ranked games with her and have a 70% win rate. Even post nerfs she can still pack a whallop mid game and has fantastic mobility.

The only other jungler I enjoy nearly as much is Elise. Both champs fit my play style quite well.

We are cut from the same cloth, as Elise is my current fave :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom