• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
We are cut from the same cloth, as Elise is my current fave :D.

*high five*

Now kiss

o3Ug7ol.gif

Ferga

Carrying a game hard, ace the enemy team. Only our adc is alive. Douchebag doesnt want to end the game, suicides into fountain with the nexus exposed and we end up losing.

Lose 5 games worth of lp

Fuck this game. Why the fuck is Gold 1 so hard.

Boken

Banned
Carrying a game hard, ace the enemy team. Only our adc is alive. Douchebag doesnt want to end the game, suicides into fountain with the nexus exposed and we end up losing.

Lose 5 games worth of lp

Fuck this game. Why the fuck is Gold 1 so hard.

gold1 has to play with people who just got into plat5 with trashy mmr (luck)

rest assured though, even though your LP gains are tough, your MMR increases and decreases at the same rate. soon you will be rid of the bad plat5s!

Blizzard

Banned
gold1 has to play with people who just got into plat5 with trashy mmr (luck)

rest assured though, even though your LP gains are tough, your MMR increases and decreases at the same rate. soon you will be rid of the bad plat5s!
Don't believe Boken's lies.gif

(the theory seems plausible BUT WILL IT HOLD WATER and/or will Rex's sanity break first)

Boken

Banned
Er, does a cinematic warrant a thread?

trailers I understand, but its a cinematic that has no tie in to extra content (e.g. an expansion)

---

i mean, lets say they released a new cinematic to go along with patch ionia with 2 new champs and a few reworks and ionia summoners rift and warring states summoners icons, added replays and a new client

that sounds threadworthy

Ken

trailers I understand, but its a cinematic that has no tie in to extra content (e.g. an expansion)

---

i mean, lets say they released a new cinematic to go along with patch ionia with 2 new champs and a few reworks and ionia summoners rift and warring states summoners icons, added replays and a new client

that sounds threadworthy

post it and let fate decide

see what i did there tee hee

JWong

Banned

---

that sounds threadworthy

Blizzard cinematics get posted everytime. Ever single one of them.

Edit: And Valve.

Boken

Banned
I mean, it's kind of silly looking, and it doesn't relate to anything.

you're silly.

---

i just dont think the cinematic means much other than simply being a cinematic.

other cinematic posts are tied into the release of a new game or new large content packs

JWong

Banned
blizzard cinematics are precursor to big content though

which valve cinematics? I havent noticed any

Not just the Blizzard opening. They always like to show those small teaser samples for Starcraft and Diablo.

Valve's "meet the ____" is what I'm talking about. They're usually not for any patch. They just happen.

I've been waiting for Riot to make a cinematic for years. Goddamn should be making one for every new season.

Boken

Banned
Not just the Blizzard opening. They always like to show those small teaser samples for Starcraft and Diablo.

Valve's "meet the ____" is what I'm talking about. They're usually not for any patch. They just happen.

I've been waiting for Riot to make a cinematic for years. Goddamn should be making one for every new season.
I suppose there have been "meet the X" videos

Right well I guess I could

might take a bit

Boken

Banned
mm its largely due to the demographics

gaf has an elitist streak and has a tendency to want to aim for hardcore grimdark games

not only that, a lot of gaffers are older, and wouldve had dota exposure

league is snapping up all teh people who never played dota + some of the old dota players

JWong

Banned
I suppose there have been "meet the X" videos

Right well I guess I could

might take a bit

Honestly though, the cinematic isn't as good as the launch one...

But Annie is so cute! =3

For being the biggest game in the universe, LoLGAF is surprisingly small.

I'm on and off. The game is always great. It's just my friends start getting really serious and yell elitist shit at me and make me quit.

I have no idea how LoL became the esport of the world so fast. Makes some real sports look like a joke in terms of viewership.

Boken

Banned
I'm on and off. The game is always great. It's just my friends start getting really serious and yell elitist shit at me and make me quit.

I have no idea how LoL became the esport of the world so fast. Makes some real sports look like a joke in terms of viewership.

join a local tournament with them

the launch one was more relevant to the game

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

gaf has an elitist streak and has a tendency to want to aim for hardcore grimdark games

league is snapping up all teh people who never played dota + some of the old dota players

Bu-bu-but League is dying don't you know!? We're all filthy casuals and DOTA2 is just too beautiful for the hungering masses to ignore. Either Gaben will have the MOBA scene or no one will!

No way, fuck my friends. They are all scrubs! /elitist

Play ARAM with friends or risk losing them is what I've found through experience. My friends just want to have fun and not improve at all so I just stopped giving them advice and stopped playing SR with them since I would just get upset.

JWong

Banned
Play ARAM with friends or risk losing them is what I've found through experience. My friends just want to have fun and not improve at all so I just stopped giving them advice and stopped playing SR with them since I would just get upset.

They yell in ARAM too.

I was gonna make a thread today about the trailer but figured someone already had, was too lazy to search. It definitely deserves a new thread, imo. It was awesome.

Unrelated: Akali is too powerful in Bronze division. Some other broken champs in Bronze: Fiora, Riven, Thresh, Hecarim.

Fiora is just unreal. Played against 2 of them today and they dominated. Her ult does so much damage and you can't do anything about it unless you have flash up. Her other skills do huge damage too and she farms well.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
roaming assassins are strong in uncoordinated bronze games

uh oh

Just had a normal with 3 assassins against our team. Akali, Lee Sin, and Zed. My ADC picks Urgot and we laugh.

Akali's stealth circle kills in Bronze. It's unrealistic for people to get Oracle just for the circle or buy lots of pink wards just for when fighting her. She's just way too strong. I think they even buffed her recently? Does ridiculous damage and facerolls.

zkylon

zkylewd
just faced an ap ezreal mid, he hit me for 800 on one lich bane proc lol. still won but scary.

also we had a real dragon ball z moment when we both ulted each other and it was laser versus uhh whatever the fuck ezreal's ult is

it was pretty cool

I like this game sometimes

lolgaf is deserted because all the good waifus are already taken

Honestly though, the cinematic isn't as good as the launch one...

But Annie is so cute! =3
annie was one giant walking uncanny valley

I think you mean katarina?

do i post the new trailer thread now

nobody is awake

post it

we'll talk about it in lcs thread

Subtle

no not Kat. Phoenix Quinn!

SotD on Ashe. Yeah? I'm thinking it'd make a great snowball item. 4 guaranteed crits when coming back to lane sounds devastating.

Pancakes

Akali's stealth circle kills in Bronze. It's unrealistic for people to get Oracle just for the circle or buy lots of pink wards just for when fighting her. She's just way too strong. I think they even buffed her recently? Does ridiculous damage and facerolls.

You only drop a pink when you can actually kill her not just for trading. Akali can snowball but she can still get dropped very easily if she plays stupid. One exhaust will end her.

no not Kat. Phoenix Quinn!

SotD on Ashe. Yeah? I'm thinking it'd make a great snowball item. 4 guaranteed crits when coming back to lane sounds devastating.

No. Just build your typical build faster and faceroll.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You only drop a pink when you can actually kill her not just for trading. Akali can snowball but she can still get dropped very easily if she plays stupid. One exhaust will end her.
eh. akali can just hide in shroud during exhaust duration.

BlazinAm

i like to play ap vi mid

you can find my guide over at mobafiyah

Sounds like a nice way to miss the whole point of her kit. She is build around shredding armor every third hit so throwing a Black Cleaver is kinda the exclamation point to whatever tanky items you would want to throw on her. Put a point into her w early and you could be the bully in the lane with every third punch.

Boken

Banned
Sounds like a nice way to miss the whole point of her kit. She is build around shredding armor every third hit so throwing a Black Cleaver is kinda the exclamation point to whatever tanky items you would want to throw on her. Put a point into her w early and you could be the bully in the lane with every third punch.

ken is bad and also joking

I figured that out when I was looking for a guide on mobafire like a dumbass. I am obviously bored.

I guess Viktor is now free everyone can share my pain; I regret buying him so much.

That's your fault broham. Viktor is strong as fuck and needs more respect. He can't initiate and the longer the game goes, the more you wish you could sell your stick. Other than that he is baller tier.

LogicStep

So I'm level 15 and right now my favorite character is Sion but I seem to have a little trouble with him sometimes depending on the matchup. Maybe I'm playing him wrong. I build him for AD and max his E, W, and finally Q. The one thing I don't like is that Sion seems to need a lot of farm to be real good and the items I build him with are very expensive so it takes a while. I do really well in 1v1, 1v2 depending on the enemy, but in team fights, most of the time I get focused and I can't keep myself up. Any tips for using Sion? I was thinking maybe giving him more survivability would help him out but I'm not sure.

From the new rotation def. going to try Leona. Been wanting to try her for a while. I tend to like characters that are tanky but can dish out the pain too, like Garen.

Ugh, im at the stage of playing normals where either my team has a jungler, or the other team has one, but it's never so that both teams have one. It's really annoying.

Boken

Banned
So I'm level 15 and right now my favorite character is Sion but I seem to have a little trouble with him sometimes depending on the matchup. Maybe I'm playing him wrong. I build him for AD and max his E, W, and finally Q. The one thing I don't like is that Sion seems to need a lot of farm to be real good and the items I build him with are very expensive so it takes a while. I do really well in 1v1, 1v2 depending on the enemy, but in team fights, most of the time I get focused and I can't keep myself up. Any tips for using Sion? I was thinking maybe giving him more survivability would help him out but I'm not sure.

AD-lifestealing sion is only good in a 1v1 fight (or maybe even 1v2 if you're very strong).

in a team fight hes just very susceptible to slows and stuns because he has one stun to catch up to his target and has to walk up there. then, if hes not hitting things, he's really squishy

another way to play sion is AP, maxing his W and Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom