• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

It would be nice to have a full set of runes. I have so much IP.

I definitely recommend filling out at least one page. I had two out of my three rune pages filled out when I hit 30. At first I didn't think it made that much of a difference, but you can really use runes to your advantage and playstyle early on. Me, for example, I like to stay in lane and farm for a long time when I play adc. So I use lifesteal quints and a dorans blade. The lifesteal helps out alot, especially when I get harassed in-lane. Normally, I'd have to recall back, but with lifesteal runes I can just stay in lane and keep my cs up.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I definitely recommend filling out at least one page. I had two out of my three rune pages filled out when I hit 30. At first I didn't think it made that much of a difference, but you can really use runes to your advantage and playstyle early on. Me, for example, I like to stay in lane and farm for a long time when I play adc. So I use lifesteal quints and a dorans blade. The lifesteal helps out alot, especially when I get harassed in-lane. Normally, I'd have to recall back, but with lifesteal runes I can just stay in lane and keep my cs up.

I'm only 22, but if I frequent Lux and Kat, should I buy greater marks of magic pen now? I can only use like 6 or 7

Burt

10k IP... Who am I buying at the 6300 level?

Don't say Jayce.

I think my last 8k IP is pretty much all from ARAM. Im almost afraid to jump back into even normals anymore. The worst part is that I do ARAM because I just want to hop in for a quick game and end up playing two or three and taking at least as long as a normal. It's unavoidable.

Ken

Don't say Jayce.

I think my last 8k IP is pretty much all from ARAM. Im almost afraid to jump back into even normals anymore. The worst part is that I do ARAM because I just want to hop in for a quick game and end up playing two or three and taking at least as long as a normal. It's unavoidable.

Sven.

zkylon

zkylewd

Don't say Jayce.

lizzy

you'll be the only one that bought her for 6300

Edwardo

I'm only 22, but if I frequent Lux and Kat, should I buy greater marks of magic pen now? I can only use like 6 or 7

My AP page has AP quints. Magic Pen Reds, Armor Yellows, and Magic Resist blues. I bought my blues and yellows first, then reds, then quints.

Don't say Jayce.

Nautilus!

Boken

Banned
Is it obnoxious to remind people to call MIA?
pingwheel to the right!
Complete MOBA noob so forgive me if the topic comes up quite often but I've been looking for a new competitive multiplayer game (tired of FPS's) and I figured I'd like to dip my toe into either LOL or DOTA2.

Are the claims of the insanely high learning curve and horrible communities legitimate or is there room for a "casual" player to succeed and have fun? Basically do I have to grind out 50 hrs plus worth of matches before I begin playing decently and enjoying myself or can a smart gamer pick up the basics relatively quickly?

Thanks
no friends that play either?

The quality of matches I get in blind pick are much better than the rest of the modes quite frankly. That and people don't care all that much about who you pick. Not to mention the enemy team usually plays along too which to me makes the matches even more enjoyable.

I remember playing Gangplank against an enemy Malphite at top lane, after about 3 minutes we decided that we would just farm and not pay attention to anything else for the rest of the match, it was wonderful.

Now of course Draft Pick has more emphasis on being more serious and competitive, It's just that I find Blind Pick more enjoyable overall.
Blind pick is like putting your arm in a barrel full of piranhas and hoping you dont get bitten

Don't say Jayce.

rumble
great in SR
great in aram

---
sejuani is pretty op right now, but is going to get nerfed a tad

Ferga

You know what. From what I've experienced in the past week with plat players, I don't think I even want to go plat.

Once I got my mmr up, I've been vsing plat 5-3s people in all my games. Almost all of them play the blame game and do nothing but trash talk if someone does something wrong.

I can usually calm this shit down but I can't do it against 3-4 people doing it together and spamming surrender votes because we lost an obective.

I've had to report people in over 90% of my games.

I rather play in god damn Gold.

Boken

Banned
You know what. From what I've experienced in the past week with plat players, I don't think I even want to go plat.

Once I got my mmr up, I've been vsing plat 5-3s people in all my games. Almost all of them play the blame game and do nothing but trash talk if someone does something wrong.

I can usually calm this shit down but I can't do it against 3-4 people doing it together and spamming surrender votes because we lost an obective.

I've had to report people in over 90% of my games.

I rather play in god damn Gold.
luckily youre in no danger in leaving it

Ken

get an early kill on him and roam (he doesn't push well)
after 6 make sure your side bushes are warded or else he'll cawcawcaw your butt off
you can't really stop him from getting his fear to op durations so just roam a lot

or you can pick tf and try to hit all the birds with cards idunno

zkylon

zkylewd
Have you tried fiddle support? It's actually not that bad.

fiddle support is all kinds of awesome

I constantly adc with a buddy playing fid support and I don't think we've lost lane even once.

I'm sure there's a reason he's not played competitively, but I don't know it

Ferga

Oh look, another plat player who doesn't want to even try.

Sweet.

zI5saHu.jpg

Burt

---
sejuani is pretty op right now, but is going to get nerfed a tad

I do love Sejuani, destoryed with her a few times during her free week, and jungling is pretty much my go to... gonna have to wait and see how the nerfs pan out. She really is a fun jungler though. Might be a weird thing to consider, but I think she has the best sound design in the game. Every one of her skills, especially her ult, just has this really great, crisp sound to it.

Lissandra's pretty average, I'm exceptionally awful with Rumble, and for some reason I just find Naut really slow, cumbersome, and unfun.

ADC's are kinda generic, but I might pick up Varus. First time playing him the other day in an ARAM, went 25/5/14... and first time in an ARAM is obviously more than enough proof for anything. Kha and Diana are on my list too. Need some mids to rotate in with Lux and Kat, and I already bought and returned Zed once. Thresh would be up there too if he wasn't banned all the time.

Edit: Nope, started browsing the store and ended up buying Anivia, Veigar, Twisted Fate, Zilean, and Karma. Don't drink and browse, people.

Telaso

Banned
I've got to play carries the last couple games ive played in ranked and i'm starting to have fun again....

This is scaring me guys....

I do love Sejuani, destoryed with her a few times during her free week, and jungling is pretty much my go to... gonna have to wait and see how the nerfs pan out. She really is a fun jungler though. Might be a weird thing to consider, but I think she has the best sound design in the game. Every one of her skills, especially her ult, just has this really great, crisp sound to it.

Lissandra's pretty average, I'm exceptionally awful with Rumble, and for some reason I just find Naut really slow, cumbersome, and unfun.

ADC's are kinda generic, but I might pick up Varus. First time playing him the other day in an ARAM, went 25/5/14... and first time in an ARAM is obviously more than enough proof for anything. Kha and Diana are on my list too. Need some mids to rotate in with Lux and Kat, and I already bought and returned Zed once. Thresh would be up there too if he wasn't banned all the time.

Edit: Nope, started browsing the store and ended up buying Anivia, Veigar, Twisted Fate, Zilean, and Karma. Don't drink and browse, people.

Have you tried Draven?

zkylon

zkylewd
4 wins in a row, promoted back to silver 4 :p

kinda depressing to be at 0 lp again tho

and I seriously can't beat a decent mid that starts doran's ring. I guess the point is to ask for ganks, but lack thereof and I just got outtraded until I eventually lose lane. I still keep up in farm (usually 5 or 10 cs behind) but I'll lose hard in exp and if they're good they'll zone me by level 6.

I was just pitted ori vs. morg, she started with doran's and it was just impossible. I failed a lot of dumb dodges but still, one snare and it's a lost lane.

any ideas :/

this doesnt look like doto

Newt

4 wins in a row, promoted back to silver 4 :p

kinda depressing to be at 0 lp again tho

and I seriously can't beat a decent mid that starts doran's ring. I guess the point is to ask for ganks, but lack thereof and I just got outtraded until I eventually lose lane. I still keep up in farm (usually 5 or 10 cs behind) but I'll lose hard in exp and if they're good they'll zone me by level 6.

I was just pitted ori vs. morg, she started with doran's and it was just impossible. I failed a lot of dumb dodges but still, one snare and it's a lost lane.

this doesnt look like doto
The best way to counter Doran's is pick a non mana champ and just go super sustain to start. Of course, you'll have no idea if they're going to buy the dorans, but the sustain should be helpful anyways. I recommend Mord or Kennen.

Edit: I was silver 3, but had a bad day (3 games in a row with someone AFK), with me playing off my game and dropped to silver 5. Feels bad mayne.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I did everything right last match but we still lost. I took out high priority targets in rows with only a few deaths. It sucks when you are capable of turning a match around but your team just doesn't change pace.

Got some praise in game which was awesome too.

bjaelke

Maknoon has apparently left Najin Sword. I suppose that gives the commentators a lot to talk about today in the OGN game.
Got some praise in game which was awesome too.

Got a penta kill with Katarina last night. Not a single "nice" or "gj" thrown my way. Mind, it wasn't the pretties of penta kills, but a penta nonetheless.

zkylon

zkylewd
The best way to counter Doran's is pick a non mana champ and just go super sustain to start. Of course, you'll have no idea if they're going to buy the dorans, but the sustain should be helpful anyways. I recommend Mord or Kennen.
yeah, I figured morg wasn't gonna start dorans, so it caught me off guard. but even people like yi or heimer will just push me out of lane.

imo most champions that can start dorans at mid are broken since there's little room for counterplay, I just would like to know what the fuck to do against them :/

also morg's snare having longer range that lux's always messes with my dodges

Edit: I was silver 3, but had a bad day (3 games in a row with someone AFK), with me playing off my game and dropped to silver 5. Feels bad mayne.
outch, that sucks man

the league system is dumb

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

don't get snared. learn to harass.
imo most champions that can start dorans at mid are broken since there's little room for counterplay
plz...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I sure hope so

this really clears things up
what is there to even say? morgana has no potential to harass in lane. her auto range is garbage and she can only really do damage to you if she lands a bind. at level one she is at her weakest because she can't pool/bind combo.

the bind itself is predictable. the speed is irrelevant tbh, what you have to watch is her looking for an opening. use the wave to effectively zone her out, because you should be able to mostly minimize her potential to hit the bind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom