• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
=/

how does sun goddess look now

No idea. I'm upset! I loved old Karma. I thought she was under appreciated.

Her Q is okay, but seems odd or broken. Enemies that are clearly in the line of fire will sometimes not get hit. Sometimes enemies that are standing right on top of your target won't get slowed or take damage. The Mantra effect on it takes way too long to trigger. If you're moving, it won't hit. It does leave a nice slowing field, though.

Her W is okay. The leash is pretty long (Morgana) and the root and damage is nice. It can only be used on enemy champions. This is big, because actual cast range on it is so short. If you're going mid, you'll take more damage than dealing. It offers no help to your team outside of ganks. That said, I'm finding this ability to be the bread and butter of Karma. Mantra'd it does a ton of damage.

Her E is really, really disappointing. The movement speed boost is better than the shield, to be honest. The Mantra effect is nice, but old Karma had SO much burst and comboing with a mantra'd shield. Now it's just to help you catch up to someone or mantra'd, a team shield. But the amount is so low. :(

Her ult, Mantra, is just...bad. The cooldown is WAY too long. Her passive makes it a litter easier to swallow, but at max CDR it's still 27 seconds (I believe).

Overall, she's just a mess. Is she support? Mid? Her mantras are all support-y. Slowing, keeping her alive, putting a shield on everyone. But if they want her to support, why are all her base abilities cookie-cutter AP mid abilities? A nuke, a DoT, and a shield. The point of an AP mid is burst, which she just doesn't have with the current way her mantra works.

I loved old Karma, this new Karma just stinks of confusion and no vision.

Edit: Maybe it'll be like Quinn and I'll end up loving her, but at the moment, I want old Karma.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Her W is okay. The leash is pretty long (Morgana) and the root and damage is nice. It can only be used on enemy champions. This is big, because actual cast range on it is so short. If you're going mid, you'll take more damage than dealing. It offers no help to your team outside of ganks. That said, I'm finding this ability to be the bread and butter of Karma. Mantra'd it does a ton of damage.
The bonus damage is literally almost nothing. Like an extra 15-40 damage depending on the spell level.
Her E is really, really disappointing. The movement speed boost is better than the shield, to be honest. The Mantra effect is nice, but old Karma had SO much burst and comboing with a mantra'd shield. Now it's just to help you catch up to someone or mantra'd, a team shield. But the amount is so low. :(
The shield is the same as all shields. 240. You find this on Ori, Lulu, Janna, etc.
Overall, she's just a mess. Is she support? Mid? Her mantras are all support-y. Slowing, keeping her alive, putting a shield on everyone. But if they want her to support, why are all her base abilities cookie-cutter AP mid abilities? A nuke, a DoT, and a shield.
I don't see how her kit isn't supporty. Spammable ranged slow to harass. Targetable root. Shield with movespeed bonus. Doesn't seem all that out there.
The point of an AP mid is burst, which she just doesn't have with the current way her mantra works.
Your world is so small.

Einbroch

Banned
The bonus damage is literally almost nothing. Like an extra 15-40 damage depending on the spell level.

300 + 60% AP is not 40 per level.

And about her shield, I was talking about her old shield, which could get easily to 600+, not in comparison to other support's shields.

gais, muramana karma. this is just one W

htFXfJg.png

dimb

300 + 60% AP is not 40 per level.
No, the damage bonus tops out at 40 from the mantra. The big gain from the mantra'd W is supposed to be the heal.
And about her shield, I was talking about her old shield, which could get easily to 600+, not in comparison to other support's shields.
Nobody cares about old Karma. If you hit multiple targets this will go over 600 too.
gais, muramana karma. this is just one W
wwwww, full build and she only did 1800 damage over eight and a half seconds.

I've played her three times today, twice mid and once support. Hammered a Kat, destroyed bot lane and just hammered a Fizz.

If you can't hit the second effect on Mantra's Q you simply aren't playing her right. Fire the Mantra'd Q as you W the enemy. They'll be rooted in place and take the full damage.

The shield is great in lane, because it gives you free harass. You shield, walk up to them with the speed boost and auto them. If they try to harass back, you W them and you can hit them with Mantra'd Q again.

Again, if you think her mantra cooldown is long you aren't playing her right. You're meant to harass with her because of her passive (which lowers the cooldown of mantra every basic and ability that hits an enemy champ). If you're not doing that of course it's going to be long. Her Q is on a low cooldown, you should be harassing more.

Mantra'd E in a teamfight is great, you shield all your allies, give them a boost and damage multiple enemies at once, lowering Mantra's cooldown again.

She's brilliant.

scy

I've since learned to ignore everyone's opinions here on a champion for at least a month. Then maybe there will be a somewhat remotely close to decent appraisal of them.

This goes doubly for my own opinion of them.

Einbroch

Banned
Please. Nome doesn't read the thread anymore. We don't have to keep pretending to like Twisted Treeline.

Lawl. While I have no idea who that is, it's still true. She was amazing in TT. Now she doesn't fit that role anymore. That's probably where all of my bitterness comes from.

scy

It's worth noting that Karma's single-target Shield is still the largest Shield in the game. The AoE Shield is also the largest team wide Shield in the game (since there's so much competition for that crown).

Lawl. While I have no idea who that is, it's still true. She was amazing in TT. Now she doesn't fit that role anymore. That's probably where all of my bitterness comes from.

Eh? She's probably better now in TT than before. We'll see. I know bind will want to run Karma again in our TT comps.

Edit: Oh and Nome is a Riot employee that posts here that worked on the TT remake.

dimb

It's worth noting that Karma's single-target Shield is still the largest Shield in the game. The AoE Shield is also the largest team wide Shield in the game (since there's so much competition for that crown).
She also has to put five points into it.
I think it's a really good shield. I still think mantra on shield is her best option.

Death log shows Baron damage.
No idea why then, but it won't be the first time the death log ever bugged.

If Muramana really does proc on her W, it's 6 procs. She'd have ~3000 mana with those items. Too lazy to properly adjust mana%, but if we simply take 18% off max mana then reduce it to maybe 15% (rough estimate accounting current mana) it'll do 30% of 3000 mana. It's more or less 1000 damage, as reflected in the pic.

dimb

No idea why then, but if Muramana really does proc on her W, it's 6 procs. She'd have ~3000 mana with those items. Too lazy to properly adjust mana%, but if we simply take 18% off max mana then reduce it to maybe 15% (rough estimate accounting current mana) it'll do 30% of 3000 mana. It's more or less 1000 damage, about the same as that pic.
I will troll my team and test it for you the next time I play her.

scy

She also has to put five points into it.
I think it's a really good shield. I still think mantra on shield is her best option.

That's her awkwardness right now probably. Having to re-figure out the proper skill order path for her.

Shielded Mantra is just incredibly huge for team fights that I can't picture not using it in basically any situation. Shields are huge.

No idea why then, but it won't be the first time the death log ever bugged.

If Muramana really does proc on her W, it's 6 procs. She'd have ~3000 mana with those items. Too lazy to properly adjust mana%, but if we simply take 18% off max mana then reduce it to maybe 15% (rough estimate accounting current mana) it'll do 30% of 3000 mana. It's more or less 1000 damage, as reflected in the pic.

And yet, doesn't her Passive not work with her DoT on a per-tick basis?

Muramana, always fucking things up.

Einbroch

Banned
Eh? She's probably better now in TT than before. We'll see. I know bind will want to run Karma again in our TT comps.

My team was really good with the tether on old Karma. Throw it on Renekton, double dash through enemies, lots of damage. Throw my E on him, 500+ damage instantly. Run away like a baby. Could throw out close to 1500 damage across all the targets within 2 seconds, but now I cannot.

Maybe she'll work, but not in the same way.

scy

My team was really good with the tether on old Karma. Throw it on Renekton, double dash through enemies, lots of damage. Throw my E on him, 500+ damage instantly. Run away like a baby. Could throw out close to 1500 damage across all the targets within 2 seconds, but now I cannot.

Maybe she'll work, but not in the same way.

You don't lose THAT much damage, however. Her Q and E burst for a lot still. In exchange, she's better during lane and in catching people out. She has better solo presence with good teamfight utility still. I'm honestly of the mind to say she's ultimately better (push lane, gank) but I'll wait until I actually play her.

Yes, it's not quite the same but I wouldn't say she's ruined for TT.

Finally a champion who can get Spirit of the Spectral Wraith going.

Nah, it's still relatively mediocre on him. He doesn't use the mana regen, his spells are AOE so he gets reduced effect from spell vamp and he doesn't really scale that well with AP (not really poorly, but not amazingly). I think you're better off with Ancient Golem.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've since learned to ignore everyone's opinions here on a champion for at least a month. Then maybe there will be a somewhat remotely close to decent appraisal of them.

This goes doubly for my own opinion of them.

I'm sure.

kayos90

I'm always wrong. Only by being wrong a lot can I eventually be right.

Not really. I would say often times you're right. It just comes off as sort of feigned intelligence or something like it if you say, "Oh I'm a really bad player." I'm Diamond. Or say something like, I don't know anything about League and about new Champions. Theorycrafts and figure out what's good and bad etc. Just saying. It can come across as... annoying.

EDIT: You might think yourself as wrong or whatnot but not everyone has the same standards and what you consider to be average/bad/good is something else for other people and sometimes the majority. Just thought I'd point out what you say and what you eventually end up doing.

Subtle

Well...why aren't you last hitting properly?

I'm still getting used to it. In blind queue I was always push push push and the cs I lose for it cancels out with the cs the enemies lose under turret fire. That doesn't seem to be a popular technique in ranked though.

Edit: its not like I push blindly though. I always try to get as much cs as possible. It works in blind, but no one wants you pushing the lane in ranked.

Also another thing, if you want to be a support, its best to try out being an ADC first. I think I'm a really good support, because as an ADC I know what I need from supports.

dimb

I'm still getting used to it. In blind queue I was always push push push and the cs I lose for it cancels out with the cs the enemies lose under turret fire. That doesn't seem to be a popular technique in ranked though.
You lose out on kill opportunities if you are always pushing. Zoning is usually better if you can do it too since you can make them miss out on experience as well.

scy

Well, since that's the route we're going.

Not really. I would say often times you're right. It just comes off as sort of feigned intelligence or something like it if you say, "Oh I'm a really bad player." I'm Diamond. Or say something like, I don't know anything about League and about new Champions. Theorycrafts and figure out what's good and bad etc. Just saying. It can come across as... annoying.

What it comes down to is that I don't like to think highly of myself so I just tear down my ego. "I'm not good" or, rather, "It's not anything special." It's not really about absurdly high standards or expecting perfection, just a case of keeping myself in check.

The "I have no idea what I'm talking about" -> mathcraft shenanigans is just dry sarcasm, not something I seriously think.

Not that it matters, though, if that's your impression of it then it's clearly not coming across as intended. Oops, I guess. I'm sorry.

Edit: its not like I push blindly though. I always try to get as much cs as possible. It works in blind, but no one wants you pushing the lane in ranked.

Also another thing, if you want to be a support, its best to try out being an ADC first. I think I'm a really good support, because as an ADC I know what I need from supports.

It works when you don't expect much from their under-tower farming capabilities but you'd rather just zone them. That is, play in position where you're safe to cs but they're not. Right outside your tower, for instance, is the ideal spot. Too far for the tower to hit the minions bt close enough that they're in an unsafe spot trying to reach your minions. Then you can play in between the minion wave and them. To get to the minions, they have to go through you while you're safe to farm the minions that are behind you.

Agkel

As a jungle I hate this. Yes you could potentially cancel out their cs when pushing the tower but when you do you deny the jungler ganks. See, as a jungler I am here to help you get fed and if you have your enemy at the tower I cannot do shit(unless perhaps if I'm Hec). Also you been overextended gives the enemy jungler a chance to gank you, forcing me to roam closer to you to bail you out if there are no counterjungle opportunities.

Pushing the tower has its uses and it should be done at certain times(going to b, mid late game when you can tower dive etc) But rule of thumb is that the opportunity cost is higher when you have the enemy at their turret.

fake edit: Also fuuuuuckkkk I missed out on the skins last night. I saw on my tablet the thread on the official forums and on lolking that the skins were on sale. Decided to just go to sleep and get them in the morning and now they are gone :( booooo

dimb

Feels good dumping on people who think they can get away with Quinn top.

Einbroch

Banned
Well, I'm enjoying mid Karma if only to watch people bitch and moan and report me. Then after the game I'm number one damage overall and the only one positive. They still report me.

Feels good dumping on people who think they can get away with Quinn top.

You and I seem to constantly be at odds. Have at you.

Subtle

As a jungle I hate this. Yes you could potentially cancel out their cs when pushing the tower but when you do you deny the jungler ganks. See, as a jungler I am here to help you get fed and if you have your enemy at the tower I cannot do shit(unless perhaps if I'm Hec). Also you been overextended gives the enemy jungler a chance to gank you, forcing me to roam closer to you to bail you out if there are no counterjungle opportunities.

Pushing the tower has its uses and it should be done at certain times(going to b, mid late game when you can tower dive etc) But rule of thumb is that the opportunity cost is higher when you have the enemy at their turret.

fake edit: Also fuuuuuckkkk I missed out on the skins last night. I saw on my tablet the thread on the official forums and on lolking that the skins were on sale. Decided to just go to sleep and get them in the morning and now they are gone :( booooo

I see. I've been getting better at "Freezing" the lane though. I still find it hard to focus on the minions and champs at the same time.

On another note, I don't think I'm going to play too much ADC anymore in solo queue. Too many supports who don't do anything. Kind of sours the experience for me. I'm not the best ADC out there, but some of the supports I've encountered... jeez.

Well, I'm enjoying mid Karma if only to watch people bitch and moan and report me. Then after the game I'm number one damage overall and the only one positive. They still report me.

That's because old Karma was a support. And new Karma is just like old Karma, am I right?

kayos90

Well, since that's the route we're going.

What it comes down to is that I don't like to think highly of myself so I just tear down my ego. "I'm not good" or, rather, "It's not anything special." It's not really about absurdly high standards or expecting perfection, just a case of keeping myself in check.

The "I have no idea what I'm talking about" -> mathcraft shenanigans is just dry sarcasm, not something I seriously think.

Not that it matters, though, if that's your impression of it then it's clearly not coming across as intended. Oops, I guess. I'm sorry.

It works when you don't expect much from their under-tower farming capabilities but you'd rather just zone them. That is, play in position where you're safe to cs but they're not. Right outside your tower, for instance, is the ideal spot. Too far for the tower to hit the minions bt close enough that they're in an unsafe spot trying to reach your minions. Then you can play in between the minion wave and them. To get to the minions, they have to go through you while you're safe to farm the minions that are behind you.

You do not need to apologize. You have done nothing to offend someone. If anything I should be apologizing. Anyway, I definitely understand what you are doing. I don't think it's a matter of intention as I recognized it. I'm saying that your actions present yourself in a way regardless of what you intend. Intentions sometimes are just thrown out the window.

Regardless I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom