• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Nasus absolutely needs to be Lv6 though. Nunu can do it by Lv5.
Does it take 15 minutes to get to level 5 to do dragon though? Or did Q8D3vil mean baron?

Does blue golem alone give enough XP to level up now?
Yes. I just played a ranked game with Nunu and started out stealing blue since the enemy Trundle started red. Then we got first blood on him because he tried to take my blue alone. It was great early, but then I stopped doing damage, wasn't tanky enough, and had no wave clear, so I probably had a terrible build. What item build order is best for the dragon/baron solo?

*edit* Wraith, tabi, and that CDR shield seems to be the order.

Yeah, you need Lv5 Q, spellvamp, very high CDR and a good amount of armor. On my first solo Baron attempt I only had enough gold for Tabi, Wraith and a Chain Vest so I had to pick up an elixir and their blue to get max CDR. I think I took it at the 18min mark. I got delayed a bit since I walked into shrooms so I had to Q some camps.

I'm still not comfortable doing this since it all feels like a huge gamble that can go very horribly wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
my new idea for fiora (lol): make her ult work kinda like vayne's, give her big stats, ms, make her riposte cd refresh if timed correctly, boost the other skills too, a bunch of super saiyan stuff like that.

also more skins

LogicStep

Yoooo wtf I can't play the game. I hit play on the launcher but then the game doesn't load. Been searching Google, tried deleting files, nothing. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, nothing. =\

Fiora pretty much gets that from her E. At rank 5 it's a 120% attack speed boost and 45% move speed with three stacks (and it resets on kill).

They could lower the base damage on her ult a bit and remove the damage fall off, so it's actually a decent execute. Would be much more scary to dive her and she could dive better herself.

Riposte has numerous problems. It should block the on-hit effects of basics as well, instead of just the basic attack. Blocking a Teemo basic but still getting damage by the poison is so annoying.

Yoooo wtf I can't play the game. I hit play on the launcher but then the game doesn't load. Been searching Google, tried deleting files, nothing. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, nothing. =\

Have you tried creating a new Windows user account? I had a similar problem and that was how I fixed it.

Edit: Although in my case not even the launcher opened.

Einbroch

Banned
Fiora pretty much gets that from her E. At rank 5 it's a 120% attack speed boost and 45% move speed with three stacks (and it resets on kill).

They could lower the base damage on her ult a bit and remove the damage fall off, so it's actually a decent execute. Would be much more scary to dive her and she could dive better herself.

Riposte has numerous problems. It should block the on-hit effects of basics as well, instead of just the basic attack. Blocking a Teemo basic but still getting damage by the poison is so annoying.

Pretty much this. E should also gives flat movement speed without needing to hit an enemy (even if it's only 10%).

my new idea for fiora (lol): make her ult work kinda like vayne's, give her big stats, ms, make her riposte cd refresh if timed correctly, boost the other skills too, a bunch of super saiyan stuff like that.

also more skins

Her riposte is the big problem, it needs to work like gangplanks scurvy.

Here's how i would redesign it.

Riposte clears all debuffs and damages everyone who applied them. This ability scales on the number of debuffs currently active on Fiora. She then becomes unaffected by debuffs for the next 3 seconds. (including auras)

Here you go. Gives her better survivability, gives her dmg, makes her scale better in teamfights where her ult is more useful and is harder to shut down with just a frozen heart. Also a hard counter for something like darius top lane, makes her less gankable in lane etc.

Boken

Banned
Her riposte is the big problem, it needs to work like gangplanks scurvy.

Here's how i would redesign it.

Riposte clears all debuffs and damages everyone who applied them. This ability scales on the number of debuffs currently active on Fiora. She then becomes unaffected by debuffs for the next 3 seconds. (including auras)

Here you go. Gives her better survivability, gives her dmg, makes her scale better in teamfights where her ult is more useful and is harder to shut down with just a frozen heart. Also a hard counter for something like darius top lane, makes her less gankable in lane etc.

Yeah but that ruins her fencer feeling
it doesnt make any ssense for a fencer to have that kind of ability. a fencer would avoid that shit in the first place. and hey is that an olaf ult at the end there

MY TAKE ON RIPOSTE
Riposte - 16/15/14/13/12s cd - 50/80/110/140/150 magic damage - Fiora gets ready to block an attack for 0.75s. Deals damage on successful block and resets it's cooldown. Also passively increases her AD by (15/20/25/30/35)

imagine the mind games :OOO

but seriously, fiora needs a complete kit rework rather than a fix of one skill

zkylon

zkylewd
Gl with that

Ryze will ban you instead

Why don't you just play him

there's enough evil in the world without me adding to it

besides, I don't like his style, he's ugly and stupid

edit: serious response - did play him a couple times, I didn't find him any fun, laning is boring as fuck, then you just mash buttons and whatever. and I just hate his design, takes really low skill to play, snowballs like crazy while not punishing mistakes, builds tanky and hits like a squishy, goes hypercarry (probably as far as ap dudes go only second to karthus?) lategame, brings very little for the team aside from tons of damage and a short ranged single target snare (though obviously really strong), etc. teleport to a lane with kill potential, click a bunch on someone, get fed. buy no damage and blow people up. at least with tf you gotta pick the right card and you can counter his ult by sticking together and pressuring his lane. infinite mana, mr reduction, free cdr from maxing your damage spell. I don't know where his supposed "weak" early game is, because I don't see it. ganked? press w, yawn, crisis averted. mana issues? just start mana stuff since no one starts boots anymore. push to tower? ok, missed a few minions, doesn't matter since his build path is all cheap insta-good items that don't really need to save up 1600g for a nlr.

and I don't get people saying "just pick leblanc" or shit like that. leblanc is a counter to every mid, that doesn't count. "dodge skillshots" is an actual strategy. "attack champion because it's squishy as fuck" is an actual strategy.

seriously, just whatever, imo abusing of an op champion like ryze is no different from cheating, and as much as I may suck at this game, at least I do with some sort of decency :p

sorry for the rant

Boken

Banned

edit: serious response - did play him a couple times, I didn't find him any fun, laning is boring as fuck, then you just mash buttons and whatever. and I just hate his design, takes really low skill to play, snowballs like crazy while not punishing mistakes, builds tanky and hits like a squishy, goes hypercarry (probably as far as ap dudes go only second to karthus?) lategame, brings very little for the team aside from tons of damage and a short ranged single target snare (though obviously really strong), etc. teleport to a lane with kill potential, click a bunch on someone, get fed. buy no damage and blow people up. at least with tf you gotta pick the right card and you can counter his ult by sticking together and pressuring his lane. infinite mana, mr reduction, free cdr from maxing your damage spell. I don't know where his supposed "weak" early game is, because I don't see it. ganked? press w, yawn, crisis averted. mana issues? just start mana stuff since no one starts boots anymore. push to tower? ok, missed a few minions, doesn't matter since his build path is all cheap insta-good items that don't really need to save up 1600g for a nlr.

and I don't get people saying "just pick leblanc" or shit like that. leblanc is a counter to every mid, that doesn't count. "dodge skillshots" is an actual strategy. "attack champion because it's squishy as fuck" is an actual strategy.

seriously, just whatever, imo abusing of an op champion like ryze is no different from cheating, and as much as I may suck at this game, at least I do with some sort of decency :p

sorry for the rant
if hes so easy to play
and so op and strong

why is his win rate only around 50% on lolking

ps lawyered

zkylon

zkylewd
You play Lux.

Come on.
?

first that doesn't change anything, lux and ryze can both be broken.

second lux is not broken (and she actually got nerfed)

if hes so easy to play
and so op and strong

why is his win rate only around 50% on lolking

ps lawyered
lol you're not being serious are ya?

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=champion-winrate&range=monthly&map=sr&queue=1x1

for anyone that actually gives a shit about lolking, just look at that

janna is op, fiddle, malzahar and rammus too!

KageZero

If anyone wants to play with me on euw add me, ProxyZero.

I'm gold 5 and i mostly play ranked, adc and support are my main roles.

Does anyone else find ARAM to just be an embarrassment, where their lack of skill is even more obvious than in regular games?

It's getting annoying. >.<

Blizzard

Banned

sorry for the rant

Ryze is tough for me because I fail at getting the proper spell order combos, and doing Q between every spell seems too slow for me (maybe it's better at max CDR).

That said, serious question: Since you truly believe Ryze is that gamebreakingly powerful, why not just try playing him in 20-30 ranked games? Keep a list of the win/loss results, and report back afterwards. I understand you think he's boring but try taking advantage of it to farm ranked if he's that broken. (then teach me how)

Ryze is tough for me because I fail at getting the proper spell order combos, and doing Q between every spell seems too slow for me (maybe it's better at max CDR).

That said, serious question: Since you truly believe Ryze is that gamebreakingly powerful, why not just try playing him in 20-30 ranked games? Keep a list of the win/loss results, and report back afterwards. I understand you think he's boring but try taking advantage of it to farm ranked if he's that broken. (then teach me how)

Teach me too! Not gonna self-deprecate further but I have failed hard in the past with Ryze, and I play 'harder' champions passably enough.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

maybe he has other gamebreakingly champs.

Caitlyn/Morgana(support) is a very deadly combination.

I mean, if they fell in one of my traps it almost cost them their lives. Trap > free snare from morgana.

I felt bad, I had 6 kills before lanning phase ended. Then Morgana said "wow, I didn't noticed Talon was afk all the game", and I was like "wut?", and indeed we were winning (and won) a 4v5. And I stopped feeling bad.

They were really bad. Like, the only one focussing me in the first 2 teamfights was their Vi, and Morgana did a pretty good job in snaring her every time she tried to get to me.
Like, >teamfight happening< suddenly I was the only one left alive, with all my health. I just laughed and took 2 towers and their inhibitor. After that it was Vi and Kassadin who tried to kill me, but failed.

In short, I had a good team.

Boken

Banned
?

first that doesn't change anything, lux and ryze can both be broken.

second lux is not broken (and she actually got nerfed)

lol you're not being serious are ya?

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=champion-winrate&range=monthly&map=sr&queue=1x1

for anyone that actually gives a shit about lolking, just look at that

janna is op, fiddle, malzahar and rammus too!

i dont understand your point

why did you choose all ranked to try to prove that lolking is a bad source

at least pick platinum or above
http://www.lolking.net/charts?regio...ange=monthly&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=platinum

but the point still stands

if hes so easy - everybody should immediately play him at his full potential
if hes so op - he should win more often than say, tryndamere

how does lolking not contradict this. the only way you can argue against this is to prove lolking collects their data wrongly

all youre trying to do is say that lolking doesnt prove things are op, and im not trying to show he is - your claims mean he at least has to have a higher win% and im showing you that this isnt even true

alternatively you can argue that your "ryze is easy + op" doesnt mean that he should have a higher win % - but good luck with that

zkylon

zkylewd

well, that isn't such a bad idea (if only to prove my point), but yeah, he's not the kind of champion I enjoy playing. I also don't think it's nice to exploit op champions, like ap trynd and shit.

I probably should still play him to learn more about his weaknesses, but I'll do it on my smurf, so I don't taint my main account.

i dont understand your point

why did you choose all ranked to try to prove that lolking is a bad source

at least pick platinum or above
http://www.lolking.net/charts?regio...ange=monthly&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=platinum

but the point still stands

if hes so easy - everybody should immediately play him at his full potential
if hes so op - he should win more often than say, tryndamere

how does lolking not contradict this. the only way you can argue against this is to prove lolking collects their data wrongly

all youre trying to do is say that lolking doesnt prove things are op, and im not trying to show he is - your claims mean he at least has to have a higher win% and im showing you that this isnt even true

alternatively you can argue that your "ryze is easy + op" doesnt mean that he should have a higher win % - but good luck with that
look, I said sorry for the rant because I knew I was doing some ranty shit you guys weren't gonna agree with.

you're right, op+easy should lead to a higher winrate, so I was wrong to exaggerate on his difficulty. obviously there's depth to him as is with most champions, and I don't know why I left this out of my post even though I remember writing something about it, but w/e.

easy or not, I believe he's op for the reasons I mentioned above. what now?

edit: I didn't really mean to open an examination of ryze as a champion, just wanted to vent, and it probably is a dumb thing to not go disclaimer on that beforehand. but since it's too late now, wanna take a shot and tell me where am I wrong?

edit2: iron stylus confirmed new diana skin is in the works, though it may take a while. but he used the word "pretty" to describe it, and that pleases me

Boken

Banned
look i get why you think hes frustrating

but i think thats mostly because of his godly late game. getting stomped by a ryze you owned during laning phase is pretty annoying. but thats really because solo queue games have a tendency to go longer because people have way less teamwork

ryze truely is pretty shit early game. mana crystal start isnt so he can spam more spells - its about 2 Qs IIRC. It's just for added damge during trades.
the early game weakness is:
- his range is shit. so he gets poked or baited into jungler ganks. a W isnt even good enough since junglers can easily come from behind you.
- his AA animation + damage is probably one of the worst in the game

then mid game, ryze does a lot of damage. but with just a roa, hes as tanky as any ROA user - nobody calls ROA annie tanky. That is, he's a squishy high damage but low range mage mid game

its late game you are concerned about - with the ROA hp, AA shield and a defensive item, thats when he becomes tanky + deals damage

but a champion who is weak early, ok mid game and great late game sounds ok to me

---

league does the classic sword v lance matchup. ryze is fundamentally that. if the sword wielder is able to get into the reach of the lance user, he is meant to have an advantage

dimb

pretty sure most annies don't get to grab seraph's and frozen heart/shroud.

zkylon

zkylewd
s3 just benefited ryze ridiculously

just think that s3 added seraph, which scales incredibly well with catalyst and fh. and then the base movement speed increase, meaning he can now tell boots to fuck off while he dodges your spells and closes into snare range.

and I seriously don't get how him not having a lot of damage makes for a weak early game. you can't bully ryze around like you would a karthus, and he can defuse ganks very easily. I can't tell you the amount of times I've wasted all my mana pre 6 poking him down and forcing him to base, only for ryze to teleport into a ward bot, make two kills happen and then come back with tear+catalyst.

also it's not roa he upgrades catalyst into, a lot of times it's banshee's, so you got a guy with tear, banshee's and frozen heart (and he'll probably get merc treads because fuck it free mr reduction from e) dealing as much damage as a glass cannon build that's immune to spell burst.

3.8 is gonna arrive in our region tomorrow. Can't wait. New Wriggles will be amazing for counterjunglers like Udyr. I absolutely love the sound of 90 second wards. I'll vision where I want it (buffs) much more frequently. Maybe I can actually play Tigerdyr now.

dimb

3.8 is gonna arrive in our region tomorrow. Can't wait. New Wriggles will be amazing for counterjunglers like Udyr. I absolutely love the sound of 90 second wards. I'll vision where I want it (buffs) much more frequently. Maybe I can actually play Tigerdyr now.
it's a bad item. worse on someone with strong early game like udyr. delays other stuff too much and not worth the gold. turning your vamp into a wriggle's instead of a bilgewater is dumb. there is no reason to jungle tiger, you can play it top all you want though.

90 second wards are p. useless tbh unless you are lee or something and just want to jump all the time.

it's a bad item. worse on someone with strong early game like udyr. delays other stuff too much and not worth the gold. turning your vamp into a wriggle's instead of a bilgewater is dumb. there is no reason to jungle tiger, you can play it top all you want though.

90 second wards are p. useless tbh unless you are lee or something and just want to jump all the time.

I wouldn't ever go Tigerdyr for regular jungling (complete clears). Phoenix all the way.

I'd experiment on counterjungling with Tiger because:
a) Even stronger 1v1 dueling to make the enemy jungler go home.
b) Single-target to kill only the big monster. It should work well with Wriggle and the massive ASPD Tiger gives.

90 second wards feels better than 180 second wards to keep track of the enemy jungler for very aggressive counterjungling. Of course BorK will be a better general offensive item for Udyr, but it now costs an extra 1200g which could go to other defensive items.

I stopped liking Top Udyr ever since he lost the mana regen on Turtle, even though Bear lets him move through minions now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom