• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Not a bad streak for the night.

TEJhJBt.png

All while running my dumb little experimental setup.

The increased gold in very nice. Even if I fall behind from laning I can still get the items I need. Obviously I gotta play smart in bot or I'll get out traded and destroyed easily.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
90 second wards feels better than 180 second wards to keep track of the enemy jungler for very aggressive counterjungling.
but they're not. best way to counterjungle is to keep an eye on the enemy jungler. so much harder with the short wards, and they're not around long enough to be of much use unless you're camping the area or warding it for immediate defensive purposes.
Of course BorK will be a better general offensive item for Udyr, but it now costs an extra 1200g which could go to other defensive items.
what is this number. idk. botrk is good. only real offensive item you need on udyr. good early game. just get bilge early and wait until the right time to buy. this is why you don't jungle tiger though...needs too much gold.
I stopped liking Top Udyr ever since he lost the mana regen on Turtle, even though Bear lets him move through minions now.
I will take late game scaling over mana regen. Udyr is fine. Good burst. Much better damage than other tanky tops to be honest. Doesn't have the utility of someone like Trundle though.

Wriggle's is just junk. False sense of tankiness and no upgrade path. Get wrecked by magic damage even pretty late into the game because you're off building bad stats.
The increased gold in very nice. Even if I fall behind from laning I can still get the items I need. Obviously I gotta play smart in bot or I'll get out traded and destroyed easily.
scaling mr why? Dunno why you need so much gold/10. Nami isn't even very item reliant and you could get more stats out of runes than with what you buy from that two gold per ten.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Scaling mr why? Dunno why you need so much gold/10. Nami isn't even very item reliant and you could get more stats out of runes that with what you buy from that two gold per ten.

Scaling because I don't really play super aggro in lane so I don't need it early. It also helps you from getting blown up by mages in the midgame and Sona got nerfed this patch so why the heck not. I felt the same way before but the gold is just so useful, it puts you really far ahead of the enemy support so long as you don't feed and this allows you to gain map control and faster team items like an Aegis or Locket. It's also fun to stack it with a kage's and just watch the money pour in.

Besides the only real stats I would get is like 13 or something armor and since Nami isn't a front line support to being with I don't see the point of having it.

dimb

Scaling because I don't really play super aggro in lane so I don't need it early. It also helps you from getting blown up by mages in the midgame and Sona got nerfed this patch so why the heck not. I felt the same way before but the gold is just so useful, it puts you really far ahead of the enemy support so long as you don't feed and this allows you to gain map control and faster team items like an Aegis or Locket. It's also fun to stack it with a kage's and just watch the money pour in.

Besides the only real stats I would get is like 13 or something armor and since Nami isn't a front line support to being with I don't see the point of having it.
I guess. Maybe just comes down to playstyle. I don't die much as Nami but I still want to get into fights to take damage, open up bubble opportunities in lane, and trade with Ebb. Going even is less than idea, and if I am not getting my carry kills in lane or pushing the enemy out I tend to feel like me and the AD feel very relevant once team fights start.

Bought Diana and she's not as fun as I thought she would be, though I've only played her in bot games so I haven't got a chance to solo lane her. I think Top is starting to emerge as my favorite role.

Also bought fiddle but haven't gotten a chance to play as him yet. Not sure what role I want to try with him first. I bought him mainly to try him in the jungle but I want to wait to get jungle runes before I get too deep into it. Might try out support fiddle? dat korean meta.

Boken

Banned
Anybody watching the DreamHack Amaeturs tournament?

Rekkles and Copenhagen Wolves are back and together

rekkles still good as ever

garath

Aartrox jungle with doran blade is fun.

Hmm.. I can see that. I don't find myself needing more than a couple pots first clear as it is.

I've been experimenting with a jungle build for him and I'm starting to believe just going straight botrk first is an option. Other than that I like elder lizard for a start too. But that sets back the expensive botrk quite a bit.

edit: tried wriggles on him too. Wriggles is shit though. Won't do that again.

Newt

Bought Diana and she's not as fun as I thought she would be, though I've only played her in bot games so I haven't got a chance to solo lane her. I think Top is starting to emerge as my favorite role.

Also bought fiddle but haven't gotten a chance to play as him yet. Not sure what role I want to try with him first. I bought him mainly to try him in the jungle but I want to wait to get jungle runes before I get too deep into it. Might try out support fiddle? dat korean meta.
She used to be really fun to play in the jungle. Haven't played recently though, because of all the nerfs. Also support fiddle is hilarious, three second fear too OP.

Hmm.. I can see that. I don't find myself needing more than a couple pots first clear as it is.

I've been experimenting with a jungle build for him and I'm starting to believe just going straight botrk first is an option. Other than that I like elder lizard for a start too. But that sets back the expensive botrk quite a bit.

What about just stopping at Madred's and then going BotRK?

Q8D3vil

Elder lizard is definitely the item to go, i liked wriggles when it had the random magic damage because it synergize well with attack speed.

garath

What about just stopping at Madred's and then going BotRK?

That would be a good path if I wanted to rush botrk. Pretty much what I used to do with Nocturne.

Elder lizard is definitely the item to go, i liked wriggles when it had the random magic damage because it synergize well with attack speed.

Yeah, the wriggles is worthless. Elder Lizard has good synergy with his AE attacks. I like the cooldown reduction too.

Blizzard

Banned
Wasn't there talk of mana manipulator building into something besides the weird AOE slow item? I'd like another item so I have an excuse to build mana manipulator.

AcridMeat

Banned
How's that new bromo? With the swordmo? The male kayle?

He sure seemed OP with that passive ability and healing passive on..W was it?

garath

I opted to twitch turbo today. I can't imagine I'll regret it too much. $9 to avoid seeing the Galaxy S4 ad for the 1000th time.

garath

Don't know if anyone is watching MYM vs ATN but Forellenlord is putting on a Lissandra clinic. Guess she is pretty viable for competitive play lol.

dimb

three people up for promo on my team. riot conspiracy. plat players everywhere get outta my face.

She used to be really fun to play in the jungle. Haven't played recently though, because of all the nerfs. Also support fiddle is hilarious, three second fear too OP.

Yeah, I'm gonna give diana a little more play in toplane, I don't want to play her mid all that much.

Def gonna play some support fiddle later though.

edit: ashe actually has a lot of good skins. oh man might get bandito fiddlesticks since its on sale.

dimb

so nami is the new freelo train?

a fun e is all I'm asking...
Her E is so good right now. Good for kiting, good for chasing. If you use it on someone like Caitlyn it's a really strong way to catch. Landing good bubbles is like free kills. Great initiation tool along with Tidal Wave.

Nami is good at everything. She has sustain. She has hard CC. She has slows. She does decent damage. Movespeed buffs.

garath

Her E is so good right now. Good for kiting, good for chasing. If you use it on someone like Caitlyn it's a really strong way to catch. Landing good bubbles is like free kills. Great initiation tool along with Tidal Wave.

Nami is good at everything. She has sustain. She has hard CC. She has slows. She does decent damage. Movespeed buffs.

Starting to make me sad I refunded her.

Oh and gratz on Gold!!

I spied on you that game.. you were playing against quite the assembly of Plat and Gold players. MMR through the roof.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's not so much that it's bad (it's not), but it's boring. cast your e on your adc, watch as he autos once then cowards away.

dimb

it's not so much that it's bad (it's not), but it's boring. cast your e on your adc, watch as he autos once then cowards away.
Cast it on yourself then. I play Nami because I can make super hard plays on her that change games. A big part of that is the E, and getting the speed boost off it in a way that gives a decent slow afterwards can set up and force fights while opening up good opportunities for your hard CC. To me that's fun.

Nami is a very active champion and all her abilities require proper positioning and timing, even the E. If you time and use it on the right target it can be really devastating.

scy

She doesn't need nerfs, she just got buffed to a good enough spot numerically. Her kit always had the potential.

And Sona is still really good. Just hard to ever get around that fact when you have AoE hard CC.

Ocho

To those who changed to LAN or LAS servers, how are you feeling the change?

I changed to LAN thursday after days of debate, got placed in Plat I and yesterday I queued with Diamonds & Challengers due to, I assume, lack of players. Fail if it turns into a ghost town after a little while, I moved my main account. Games have been pleasent so far, tbh.

To those who changed to LAN or LAS servers, how are you feeling the change?

I changed to LAN thursday after days of debate, got placed in Plat I and yesterday I queued with Diamonds & Challengers due to, I assume, lack of players. Fail if it turns into a ghost town after a little while, I moved my main account. Games have been pleasent so far, tbh.

If I was you I wouldn't play too late (1 am or afterwards). You will often run with people that as soon as something bad happens will leave because they're tired, or something. It isn't a good time to play. Also, slowly but surely Divisions V are getting full of people...

Next season will be much better.

dimb

I'm just salty she's a superior version of Sona /:
Sona still seems like the most popular support. idk, weird thing to complain about right now.

The only support that needs nerfs right now is
Janna

I've been trying Vlad for a few games and it seems like it's really hard for him to get in range unless you're doing it from a bush or something.

I rarely ever see him played so I guess that's at least part of the reason why he doesn't see much play.

EDIT: Also I noticed it seems like after casting his ult or pool you can't use his other abilities for a while even when you are able to move.

Boken

Banned
Ok, so with Twisted Fate, which is preferable, Deathcap first, or Lich Bane first?
DC if you just want to farm + it's unsafe to auto attack

Lichbane for gank burst and taking towers

Twin shadows against burst mid + more potent ganks (make sure your lanes have the damage tho)
I've been trying Vlad for a few games and it seems like it's really hard for him to get in range unless you're doing it from a bush or something.

I rarely ever see him played so I guess that's at least part of the reason why he doesn't see much play.

EDIT: Also I noticed it seems like after casting his ult or pool you can't use his other abilities for a while even when you are able to move.
Vladimir has a very weak early game, so that would be why.

He can't cast spells while in his pool form, but he can definitely cast after his ult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom