• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I guess it's worth mentioning then that Blue pots / Elixirs of Brilliance have 10% CDR and the best source of CDR in an item slot depends on the champion and situation.

and many low level junglers are assholes that keep all da buffs

I'm fairly sure he plays Jungle. At least occasionally, since I remember the Sejuani-related posts.

zkylon

zkylewd
bought super anivia with my free 800rp

I'll buy diana skin too when it comes :3

Omfg. Guys, guys blue buff GIVES YOU 20% CDR. Trying to find a way to get 40% with lots of damage and blue buff was just sitting there the entire time.
lol what the hell

What's the better item for CDR/mana regen, Athenes or Morellos?
morello+tear as your cdr+mana solution is pretty fucking op on mid right now

I build it 90% of my games and it's stupid

only buy athene's if you want to have some early game defenses against heavy burst (fizz)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If the show was about a dance party at the Valve offices, it'd probably be more interesting

right now its probably more shonen tripe

I initially read it as Valve rave too, I am now disappointed.

Subtle

Hey I always knew it gave you CDR it just didn't actually occur to me while making up my build. That's all O:

Yeah I play Sejuani. It always hurts to part with blue, but I will if asked to.

Edit: it's like when you have your pencil in your ear and your freaking out trying to find it but it was there the whole time you know?

Edit 2: speaking of Sejuani she feels so weak right now /: at least weaker than she used to.

Hey I always knew it gave you CDR it just didn't actually occur to me while making up my build. That's all O:

Edit: it's like when you have your pencil in your ear and your freaking out trying to find it but it was there the whole time you know?

Never happened to me with a pencil. But it has happened to me, that I don't find the keys of the car/house, when the keys were in my hand all the time, lol.

Anyone knows how to jungle with Vi, she's easily my worst champion. I don't feel like I'm doing damage at all... what do you max first? W(for the AS) or E? What should my standar build be?

I gank with Q and then Auto+E+Auto... but they usually just run away from me, I have problems sticking to my target. =/

Boken

Banned
Never happened to me with a pencil. But it has happened to me not finding the keys of the car/house, when the keys where in my hand, lol.

Anyone knows how to jungle with Vi, she's easily my worst champion. I don't feel like I'm doing damage at all... what do you max first? W or E? What should my standar build be?

I gank with Q and then Auto+E+Auto... but they usually just run away from me, I have problems sticking to my target. =/

the unseen paw is the deadliest

stutter stepping is a skill even melee players need

Q them, walk infront of them a little, then Auto+E, cancel the end frames of the E, walk infront of them, then auto, as soon as the auto executes, walk infront of them, auto, etc.

youll get an extra auto in this way

AdventChild

Neo Member
I just rediscovered Jarvan IV jungle.

I have played Jarvan wrong way so far (AD runes, Razors, Frozen Mallet, Locket, Mercury Boots..), but from now, with ARP runes, Brutalizer, Ancient golem and Boots of Mobilty.. woah, so much better.

I think that he is my new main for ranked.

Ferga

I just rediscovered Jarvan IV jungle.

I have played Jarvan wrong way so far (AD runes, Razors, Frozen Mallet, Locket, Mercury Boots..), but from now, with ARP runes, Brutalizer, Ancient golem and Boots of Mobilty.. woah, so much better.

I think that he is my new main for ranked.

Why don't you just go ancient golem into bulwark. If you have arpen runes, you'll do enough damage early to mid game and you'll tank for days

Late game, I usually get a maw or a last whisper so I can keep bursting carries.

AdventChild

Neo Member
Why don't you just go ancient golem into bulwark. If you have arpen runes, you'll do enough damage early to mid game and you'll tank for days

Late game, I usually get a maw or a last whisper so I can keep bursting carries.

I usually build Bulwark vs AP teams and Omen vs AD teams. Guardian Angel and maybe upgrade Brutalizer to BC.

Brutalizar + ARP + Q = bb armor :D

Last Whisper could be insane ARP, yes xDDD

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No, she's fine without it actually. You only need W to clear. Really easy with Spirit Stone into Ancient Golem rush.
Edit 2: speaking of Sejuani she feels so weak right now /: at least weaker than she used to.
Like...weaker than three weeks ago? Sure. Before the rework? Probably not. Much easier to run stuff like Mpen reds now that you don't need as much armor on a page for early game.
my sej is impeccable
no frozen heart on sejuani. no. not super useful against ad casters like zed who aren't reliant on attack speed either. frozen heart is generally just not a super great tank item when randuin's is roughly the same price, or sunfire depending on your needs. or if you need team protection bulwark or locket are right there.

zkylon

zkylewd
how did you all get to gold already?

how many games it took?

I dunno if I'm good enough but it'd be nice to get a minimum number to say "if it'll take 50 games then fuck it"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
how did you all get to gold already?

how many games it took?

I dunno if I'm good enough but it'd be nice to get a minimum number to say "if it'll take 50 games then fuck it"
It varies wildly from person to person. I think I went from bronze to gold in like ninety. Rank isn't really that important. It's kind of bad to set goals by a system like this. Ranked is still a decent environment to improve as a player but really your focus should be on personal growth as a player. The higher I get in ranked the more I am able to pick out my inadequacies because I will just get stomped on by players who can do certain things better than me. Somehow I am still winning for now.

Ferga

I usually build Bulwark vs AP teams and Omen vs AD teams. Guardian Angel and maybe upgrade Brutalizer to BC.

Brutalizar + ARP + Q = bb armor :D

Last Whisper could be insane ARP, yes xDDD

You really don't need the brut imo. If you really want the damage then go spirit elder into mercs. You'll do more damage but be a bit squishier but you'll be able to get bulwark faster.

garath

Never happened to me with a pencil. But it has happened to me, that I don't find the keys of the car/house, when the keys were in my hand all the time, lol.

Anyone knows how to jungle with Vi, she's easily my worst champion. I don't feel like I'm doing damage at all... what do you max first? W(for the AS) or E? What should my standar build be?

What Boken said about stutter step. Early it's one of the only ways to stick to someone.

She's still a beast in the jungle imo. I have the highest winrate with her in ranked (though I haven't started playing Elise in ranked yet :p).

You can level her and build her in a ton of different ways. Dan Dinh likes to max Q for the mobility. xj9 maxes W and likes to crush as a carry. I've seen others still max E and be successful.

Personally I max W after 2 points in E. I go back and forth between elder lizard and ancient golem + brutalizer. Botrk is a good iteam too if you are getting a lot of farm. If not it wouldn't hurt to just build tanky. Aegis, locket (also great for the cooldowns), randuins. If I build a brutalizer, I finish the black cleaver as well. Frozen mallet is a great item as well. Helps you "stick" as well as giving some HP and AD.

If you're maxing W, then you have to land that Q when ganking. Q->auto->E to proc the attack speed and stutter step your way to victory.

edit:

The popularity of Elise jungle in pro games is scaring me. That usually leads to a nerf :(

hobart

Secretly -- I've been taking a break from DOTA to play LOL with friends. Shhh.

In any case - I'm just looking for a good online resource for rumored patch-notes (reliable) and maybe a good community, outside of GAF, that gives good theorycraft.

Boken

Banned
Secretly -- I've been taking a break from DOTA to play LOL with friends. Shhh.

In any case - I'm just looking for a good online resource for rumored patch-notes (reliable) and maybe a good community, outside of GAF, that gives good theorycraft.

there are no rumored patch-notes - but there are always notes on the PBE before they go live (kinda like the test server). You can find them on reignofgaming.net or surrenderat20.net

both those websites do theorycrafting (reign more than the other I believe) but its not amazing by any stretch.
i think the best overall webpage is ggchronicle.com, because it features experts on the korean scene and has higher content controls

imo, best theorycrafters are the pro players. probuilds.net tracks pro player's games and tracks their builds. you really need to know what youre doing though to see the trends and theory here though. Following the competitive games of the top teams generally shows you their theorycrafting too. Most teams play games every week in each regions competitive bracket.

reddit is the unofficial home of league on the internet. good theorycraft will usually hit the front page

garath

God. So many elise picks in LCS.

Don't nerf her (again) Riot. Pls. She's in a good spot.

My only consolation is I RARELY see her in Silver. She has a higher learning curve to be that effective and not many Silver players apparently put in the time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Carrying a game doesn't really excuse the behavior.

I know. I was just surprised they were so mature and kept to their beliefs which led to the eventual report. Most people I've done that to just don't report me. Nice change of pace to meet some people who hold some semblance of integrity. =D

Did something change with the client? I started having to wait for 10 sec ish before I get to the lobby and post-game chat. I get FPS drops here and there.

Am I missing something? Why did "Dive Teemo" suddenly crop up and become popular after proxy singed? Basically shroom the top half of the map and keep pushing top. What? How were people playing Teemo all along? It's the most obvious point to his entire kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
It varies wildly from person to person. I think I went from bronze to gold in like ninety. Rank isn't really that important. It's kind of bad to set goals by a system like this. Ranked is still a decent environment to improve as a player but really your focus should be on personal growth as a player. The higher I get in ranked the more I am able to pick out my inadequacies because I will just get stomped on by players who can do certain things better than me. Somehow I am still winning for now.

hmm, see, the prospect of playing 90 matches of solo queue just gives me shivers

zkylon

zkylewd
also I dunno if aatrox is completely op but his jump cd should be 20/19/18/17/16 instead of 16/15/14/13/12 imo.

it's like one of the lower cd wall hopping gapclosers in the game

you see that and you can't just feel bad for fiora

garath

Did something change with the client? I started having to wait for 10 sec ish before I get to the lobby and post-game chat. I get FPS drops here and there.

Am I missing something? Why did "Dive Teemo" suddenly crop up and become popular after proxy singed? Basically shroom the top half of the map and keep pushing top. What? How were people playing Teemo all along? It's the most obvious point to his entire kit.

Pretty much sounds like normal Teemo top. Shroom the top half of the map and keep pushing. If someone comes, just run away and hide till they leave (if they don't die walking through your minefield) then go back to pushing.

That's exactly what baffles me. People act like it's an all new amazing strat for Teemo when that's what he should be doing since day one.

Q8D3vil

also I dunno if aatrox is completely op but his jump cd should be 20/19/18/17/16 instead of 16/15/14/13/12 imo.

it's like one of the lower cd wall hopping gapclosers in the game

you see that and you can't just feel bad for fiora
I didnt play vs aatrox yet, but everyone is saying that bruisers (and teemo) destroy him so damn hard especially since ignite counter his sustain. when all inning him.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didnt play vs aatrox yet, but everyone is saying that bruisers (and teemo) destroy him so damn hard especially since ignite counter his sustain. when all inning him.

yeah if I know there's an aatrox in the enemy team I'll rush morellos but still, I feel him having a jump that good on a 12 sec cooldown is a bit much, specially since it has cc.

Q8D3vil

yeah if I know there's an aatrox in the enemy team I'll rush morellos but still, I feel him having a jump that good on a 12 sec cooldown is a bit much, specially since it has cc.
Yeah that jump is scary as hell to setup ganks.
i feel that he is a better jungler than top because he have hard time in certain matchups.

Riven still has eyeliner on the outside of her eyes though. Why would you put it only on the outside?

For some reason I thought her legs were wrapped up before the new splash, too.

Eyeliner doesn't have to line the whole eye. Outside only gives a good effect without looking too extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom