• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Why are people so fucking dumb they cant fucking adapt to anything.
they see eve jungler in the other team and they still fucking buy green wards and no pink.
how the fuck can they be so fucking dumb.

stutter stepping is a skill even melee players need

Q them, walk infront of them a little, then Auto+E, cancel the end frames of the E, walk infront of them, then auto, as soon as the auto executes, walk infront of them, auto, etc.

youll get an extra auto in this way

What Boken said about stutter step. Early it's one of the only ways to stick to someone.

She's still a beast in the jungle imo. I have the highest winrate with her in ranked (though I haven't started playing Elise in ranked yet :p).

You can level her and build her in a ton of different ways. Dan Dinh likes to max Q for the mobility. xj9 maxes W and likes to crush as a carry. I've seen others still max E and be successful.

Personally I max W after 2 points in E. I go back and forth between elder lizard and ancient golem + brutalizer. Botrk is a good iteam too if you are getting a lot of farm. If not it wouldn't hurt to just build tanky. Aegis, locket (also great for the cooldowns), randuins. If I build a brutalizer, I finish the black cleaver as well. Frozen mallet is a great item as well. Helps you "stick" as well as giving some HP and AD.

If you're maxing W, then you have to land that Q when ganking. Q->auto->E to proc the attack speed and stutter step your way to victory.

Thanks, lack of confidence really affects the way I play, with other melee champions I do that (stutter stepping) I didn't realized I played so different when I was using Vi, like when I was about to gank someone, I was already thinking I would fail, lol.

I'm going to try this out in my next game.... I feel sorry for my teammates, they'll have to deal with it. (In a Normal game, of course)

zkylon

zkylewd
Why are people so fucking dumb they cant fucking adapt to anything.
they see eve jungler in the other team and they still fucking buy green wards and no pink.
how the fuck can they be so fucking dumb.
better than a shen support I once had

"they have an eve so y bother not gonna ward gg"

Eyeliner doesn't have to line the whole eye. Outside only gives a good effect without looking too extreme.

yeah it's pretty :3

JesseZao

Thanks, lack of confidence really affects the way I play, with other melee champions I do that (stutter stepping) I didn't realized I played so different when I was using Vi, like when I was about to gank someone, I was already thinking I would fail, lol.

I'm going to try this out in my next game.... I feel sorry for my teammates, they'll have to deal with it. (In a Normal game, of course)

My pro Vi build is Tele/Smite and I max Q. PRESENCE.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow my twitter account got hacked really bad

fortunately I had it on a different password than gaf/lol/steam/paypal whatever but still, scary...

scy

Not sure if one guy picking his favorite ADC (Genja's known for playing a lot of Ashe from his solo queue days) really means much in the grand scheme of things.

scy

Well no, I just mean I wouldn't take Genja playing Ashe to mean too much. She worked really well for the comp (which was a lot of stuns/hard CC to catch people and pick them off) though. But, no, I was just reading it as an Ezreal popularity comment and probably not the "beat an Ezreal" comment it probably was.

Though it is worth noting, since it was vs an Ezreal lane, is that Creaton/Jree won their lane :x

Subtle

Well no, I just mean I wouldn't take Genja playing Ashe to mean too much. She worked really well for the comp (which was a lot of stuns/hard CC to catch people and pick them off) though. But, no, I was just reading it as an Ezreal popularity comment and probably not the "beat an Ezreal" comment it probably was.

Though it is worth noting, since it was vs an Ezreal lane, is that Creaton/Jree won their lane :x

It was kind of directed at how popular Ezreal is. I know it doesn't mean much, but it's nice to see your main get tournament play even if very little you know? :)?

I was kind of disappointed that as soon as Ashe and Sona went bot Ezreal got two kills off them.

Also, since Genja plays Ashe quite a bit does it mean that getting BT as your first big item (right after Manamune) is good? I'll probably still stick with the ol' Cutlass->IE->PD but I'm just wondering.

zkylon

zkylewd
uh do whatever suits you best, genja's known for not building as items, for whatever reason

on ashe I like the classic IE->PD->LW.

like always I'll stick a vamp scepter early on for some lifesteal, specially since I'm running two lifesteal quints nowadays

You don't really need the cutlass tbh. Just stop at the vamp scepter and get your IE quicker. Ashe already has the consistent slow built into her kit, so the cutlass probably isn't necessary.

I just lost playing as Nami.

I'm sad, I hadn't lost with her since the first game I played with her(when she was on sale). What is worst I didn't lost a 5v5 match since Monday. I went from 206 wins - 200 defeats, to 214 wins-200 defeats, I was starting to hope I would hit 220-200...

Even worse, I accidentally stole First Blood, I was supporting Kog'Maw, and he was low in health, so I used my W to heal him... and... uh... I forgot the damage my W does to nearby enemies when it bounces... hehe.

Then to top it all.... it's the second time that happens to me.

Also, I know they're normal games... but really?
D7prBZW.png

Lone wolves vs Full premade? (Shen was "supporting" Quinn)

Q8D3vil

is there any reason not to doran/amp on jungle nunu from the start ?
i think it will make him even scarier since his E have 100% ap.

In other news, does anybody know a good Ahri cosplayer?

I have been searching of a while, and half the time is that Asian cosplayer or just not-so-good-cosplay.

Why does Katarina, Miss Fortune, Vi, Caitlyn(to name a few) have so good cosplayers and Ahri doesn't?
It's unfair :(

I have only find this somewhat good:

And I don't want to talk about the lack of good cosplay of Foxfire Ahri.

jerd

So I just started jungling recently (have always done by best to avoid it because they catch so much shit if the game is going poorly) and I actually really enjoy it. I don't feel like I'm bad at it I definitely have room to improve. I've been jungling with Maokai and his ganks are pretty nuts, but I want someone with a little more late game damage since I'm still just playing normals and rarely trust my teammates to carry games. Any suggestions?

So I just started jungling recently (have always done by best to avoid it because they catch so much shit if the game is going poorly) and I actually really enjoy it. I don't feel like I'm bad at it I definitely have room to improve. I've been jungling with Maokai and his ganks are pretty nuts, but I want someone with a little more late game damage since I'm still just playing normals and rarely trust my teammates to carry games. Any suggestions?
Hecarim also has good ganks and can dish more damage.

Xin too, though you have to give him a bit of damage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It sounds like you want to play Fiddlesticks.
Xin too, though you have to give him a bit of damage.
Xin Zhao damage is pretty not good late game. Even mid game you either itemize for it and are super squishy or you go tank like a normal person and focus more on your CC.

jerd

It sounds like you want to play Fiddlesticks.

Xin Zhao damage is pretty not good late game. Even mid game you either itemize for it and are super squishy or you go tank like a normal person and focus more on your CC.

I love tanking and am more than happy to do it, but blind normals are just gross. Today I played one game with a support Zed and another with a Teemo adc. Also had a support TF. At least he has a stun, but it was still bad.

On a side note, I feel like I'm really good at ganking mid, but struggle to have successful ganks top or bottom. Small sample size (still just a few jungle games) but is this a common thing at all with an easy fix?

I feel like a noob all over again

zkylon

zkylewd
man, played a couple of matches with a lower elo (normals but still) friends and it's just damn. a blitz that doesn't ward is like some bronze 5 shit

then we get a team that buys all doran's blades and just shoves mid

seriously, this just made me rethink my whole standing in the game. I feel like every match I play now is a blessing compared to this trash

The neogaf symbol needs to be flat to match the theme
nope, all flat is boring

In other news, does anybody know a good Ahri cosplayer?

I have been searching of a while, and half the time is that Asian cosplayer or just not-so-good-cosplay.

Why does Katarina, Miss Fortune, Vi, Caitlyn(to name a few) have so good cosplayers and Ahri doesn't?
It's unfair :(

I have only find this somewhat good:

And I don't want to talk about the lack of good cosplay of Foxfire Ahri.

ahri_cosplay_x_by_aleeusha-d4s0mpm.jpg

this one is decent (if for some weird reason you don't like dat asian ahri)

kinda reminds me of audrey from twin peaks

and all the best cosplayers are jannas

[imgl]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/066/0/2/ahri_cosplay_x_by_aleeusha-d4s0mpm.jpg[/img]

this one is decent (if for some weird reason you don't like dat asian ahri)

kinda reminds me of audrey from twin peaks

and all the best cosplayers are jannas

It isn't that I don't like asian Ahri(I do, if done right), I was talking more about that cosplayer, the first result in google images if you search ahri cosplay, she's almost in all the sites I search for Ahri cosplay, that's a bit annoying.

I'm having more luck today than other days in my search, I may give another try to Foxfire Ahri cosplay.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
On a side note, I feel like I'm really good at ganking mid, but struggle to have successful ganks top or bottom. Small sample size (still just a few jungle games) but is this a common thing at all with an easy fix?
Different factors change things pretty often. It depends on the CC your team has in that lane, enemy escapes, ward situation, etc. I generally find it easier to gank top or bottom. The width of mid lane opens up a decent number of escape options, and you'll usually be seen coming in sooner.

zkylon

zkylewd
elo hell is either fake

or everybody is in it

except if youre a pro player cos they arent people
not really

if I queue on my own or with my friends I run into various types of people, some of them are decent human beings, not everyone plays well but trolls to players ratio is like 1:100 or something.

I play with this guy two games and we get trolls in both. and from what I remember playing with him was always like this.

so yeah, elo hell is real, and I'm thankful I'm not in it

Boken

Banned
not really

if I queue on my own or with my friends I run into various types of people, some of them are decent human beings, not everyone plays well but trolls to players ratio is like 1:100 or something.

I play with this guy two games and we get trolls in both. and from what I remember playing with him was always like this.

so yeah, elo hell is real, and I'm thankful I'm not in it

elo hell isnt just used to mean trolls

but if its trolls we're talking about then sure, low elo/mmr would have more trolls because the act of trolling means you lose and if you troll often then youll have a shitty mmr

zkylon

zkylewd
elo hell isnt just used to mean trolls

but if its trolls we're talking about then sure, low elo/mmr would have more trolls because the act of trolling means you lose and if you troll often then youll have a shitty mmr
uh yeah what else can it mean

also eden of the east is kinda cute but I can't find a girl to confidently avatarize... might have to go with a guy for once... *shudders*

y2dvd

Well I just about had the most perfect game as Lee Sin.

O6LaPiU.jpg

*quote pics wouldn't expand?*

All the while buzzed lol. Was just in the zone and was predicting where to be in the right time and moment.

ps. dat new neogaf layout. Think it's too wide to be honest.

Boken

Banned
uh yeah what else can it mean

also eden of the east is kinda cute but I can't find a girl to confidently avatarize... might have to go with a guy for once... *shudders*
elo hell can also mean the location where everybody is bad but you cant carry yourself out
Guys I... I like Dawngate.

shiny new stuff is usually pretty fun for a little bit

unless youre one of those crazy ass doter people

i mean, smite was fun for a few games too.

Flare

elo hell can also mean the location where everybody is bad but you cant carry yourself out

shiny new stuff is usually pretty fun for a little bit

unless youre one of those crazy ass doter people

i mean, smite was fun for a few games too.

I never really got into Smite or even Infinite Crisis. Dawngate just seems much better thought out and the champions are pretty fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
uh I dunno about that, normally I encounter more whiners, ragers and blamers than outright shit players, and I usually can cattle prod them into objectives if I'm patient

and really if everyone's shit in your elo and you're supposedly not, unless it was some terrible unfortunate series of events (which I'm sure it was), how did you get there in the first place?

seriously playing with this guy again just changed my whole outlook on lol, I think.

it. could. be. much. worse.

that's my new mantra

Guys I... I like Dawngate.
who's that

can I play her mid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom