• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should I get? I crossed out the ones I don't like.
NuveANa.jpg

My usual picks:
Top: Teemo, Shen, Cho, Karma
Mid: Kass, Anivia, Ryze, Cass
Jungle: Nasus, Jarvan, Cho, Lee, Shen, Mao
ADC: Vayne, Ezreal, Kog, Ashe
Support: Soraka, Sona (distant second)

I want Hecarim but I already have too many janglers.
I kinda liked Vlad.
I kinda want Xerath and Veigar just for ARAM, but I liked playing them in SR.

I don't like assassins.

I need better/more diverse pools for top and support.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think its a delicious cake
I like cake

My usual picks:

I kinda liked Vlad.

I don't like assassins unless it's Eve.

well of those champs I can say this:

ahri's fun and sexy so +1
diana's fun and kinda easy and sometimes super duper cool and you can pretty much build anything on her and she'll still be able to burst down the enemy adc. +2
elise is lots of fun and still very strong even after the nerfs. her spider dance is funny. +2
varus is bowie so +100
zyra's really fun and for some reason people allow you to steal farm with her. +1

and you should like syndra

Leezard

My usual picks:

I kinda liked Vlad.

I don't like assassins.

Just go Hecarim top, it's ok.

zkylon

zkylewd
really sad new server deleted all my stats from elobuff

I have a pretty shit winrate with lux now. I used to have like 60%, now I have a pitiful 42.86%

:(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

My usual picks:

Get Nami or Lulu to expand your support roster. For top lane I think Wukong or Renekton would add something to your lineup. You don't really have an aggressive champ for up there.

Also who doesn't own Malphite? Seriously?

My usual picks:

I kinda liked Vlad.

I don't like assassins.

Quinn. (she's currently on sale too)

Thanks for the inputs. I might go with Lulu and either Zyra or Elise. Lulu because I've had situations where I know we need another "keep away" champ but I don't have one to fill a lane that isn't taken.

Also who doesn't own Malphite? Seriously?
Frequent ban and boring to play.

Subtle

One time I played with a guy in ranked who had a platinum border. Keep in mind this is at around 1100k elo. He said if we all reported the support he would play well. We said no and then he "afk'd" at base, but he was still moving. It was really sad.

Boken

Banned
One time I played with a guy in ranked who had a platinum border. Keep in mind this is at around 1100k elo. He said if we all reported the support he would play well. We said no and then he "afk'd" at base, but he was still moving. It was really sad.
I think that's how he got to your elo. :/

I played malaphite once. I crushed the Elise and carried the game. Never again.

One man should not have so much power.

And yeah, I'd rather ban jayce, thresh and tf before malaphite

Malph doesn't get banned a lot beyond Platinum.
At my Elo, I ban him just so we can't pick him. Teammates still go nuts and badger me to first pick Malph thinking he's an instant win. The rest of my bans are either counterpick bans or champs I hate dealing with: Thresh, Eve, Blitz, Jayce, any new champ.

I'm still in Silver but I still see the usual bans (Malph, Amumu, Kass, Shen, etc). It's rare to see people ban counterpicks, but when they do they often play good.

dimb

thresh doesn't scare me anymore.

i dunno how people can ever not ban shen though.

yeah I built it on her the other day and surprisingly it kinda works.

It's something I don't see recommended that often in guides, so I had completely forgot about it as an option for her.

Vlad is in severe need of mana. Just look at his mana bar.

I feel like Lichbane would be good on Vlad because he can proc it pretty much every 2 seconds since his spells have really low cooldowns. You also have plenty of time to auto inbetween or after Q and E.

zkylon

zkylewd
anivia skin is pretty freaking awesome, looks so cool :O

It's something I don't see recommended that often in guides, so I had completely forgot about it as an option for her.
I built it once I felt like I needed more damage outside my ult and the game required me to be all over the place without going to base or reliably getting blue buff.

so yeah, situational at best

I feel like Lichbane would be good on Vlad because he can proc it pretty much every 2 seconds since his spells have really low cooldowns. You also have plenty of time to auto inbetween or after Q and E.
too bad his auto animation sucks balls

So what do you do when your team berates you for not attacking as ADC, but if you do you will be instantly blown up by the enemy team because they are waiting for you to attack?

If an enemy tank is in my face I obviously don't have any choice but to attack him or retreat. They completely ignore the melee in team fights letting them walk right up to me so I really can't see how they can expect me to just focus on the squishies who are being protected by their team.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone ever gifted someone rp? like, it's saying my friend's gift cap is maxed for the day but I know for a fact it isn't :/

http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=8&skin=0

Looks like nothings wrong with it to me...
I dunno if you played him, but it feels pretty bad, kinda like elise in human form, only worse

Just get Blood Lord.

It's the only Vlad skin a Vlad player should ever use. (maybe Nosferatu since it seems pretty rare)
only 1820!

and it's ugly as fuck!

So what do you do when your team berates you for not attacking as ADC, but if you do you will be instantly blown up by the enemy team because they are waiting for you to attack?

If an enemy tank is in my face I obviously don't have any choice but to attack him or retreat. They completely ignore the melee in team fights letting them walk right up to me so I really can't see how they can expect me to just focus on the squishies who are being protected by their team.
your options:
a) mute your idiot team mates
b) say "I'm really sorry!!! I'll try to do better!!!" while ignoring their terrible low-tier opinions and continue as you did
c) lose the game

Tell them to peel for you or you'll get blown up. If they listen you get a few kills off if they don't then say you didn't get the peels...WIN!

dimb

the ad carry isn't always worth peeling for. play ad carries with escapes or something if it's that much of an issue for you.

zkylon

zkylewd
the ad carry isn't always worth peeling for. play ad carries with escapes or something if it's that much of an issue for you.
this is actually very good advice.

ezreal, caitlyn, trist, vayne, get people that can kite without relying on teammates.

with varus/mf sometimes I like to build an early cutlass if I feel the peel just isn't there (and really, people shouldn't always peel for the adc)

It's not supposed to be pretty.

It's supposed to be AWESOME. And it is.

Dat VO, too good.
I don't think you understand who you're talking to

also I don't really think it's that cool-looking.

I dunno if you played him, but it feels pretty bad, kinda like elise in human form, only worse
Doesn't feel any worse than Ryze, and I'm very used to Ryze. I'm just not sure where you're coming from on this. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal :/
don't think you understand who you're talking to

also I don't really think it's that cool-looking.
Oh, now I get it.

You are this thread's debbie downer.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doesn't feel any worse than Ryze, and I'm very used to Ryze. I'm just not sure where you're coming from on this. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal :/
it's a known fact that it's one of the shittiest aa animations in the game. people actually spent 1820rp for a better animation.

it just is.

it's not unbearable and I kinda grew used to, say, anivia's aa animation but it's undeniable it feels terrible when you compare it to like varus' or zyra's.

Oh, now I get it.

You are this thread's debbie downer.
who

no. never.
damn man, you can't even be agreed with

zkylon

zkylewd
Cutlass is terrible on MF. Flat scaling AD caster and BotRK will make her super weak.
agreed, which is why I said cutlass instead of bjork. gives you a bit of self peel in exchange for delaying your big items a bit.

it's not ideal but it's better than being dead

dimb

agreed, which is why I said cutlass instead of bjork. gives you a bit of self peel in exchange for delaying your big items a bit.

it's not ideal but it's better than being dead
Building items you won't complete...okay? Cutlass peel won't really stop most people from coming in on you. You would be less dead picking up AD to kill people faster.

The only times I died were in lane (once or twice I think).

Other than that I didn't give the enemy team a chance so picking a champ with escapes isn't really something I need since I have the spacing thing pat down.

I guess I'll just hope for better teammates!

zkylon

zkylewd
You, baby.

You.

*softly pats zkylon's cheeks*

hmm picturing the guy in your avatar touching my cheek is kinda creepy

Building items you won't complete...okay? Cutlass peel won't really stop most people from coming in on you. You would be less dead picking up AD to kill people faster.
it's saved me a lot of times, it can help you get enough room to keep attacking while your teammates rush to save you. it's up to the player and the match, but outright ignoring a route just because it isn't optimal is kinda weak. people used to buy brutalizer before new black cleaver and haunting guise before liandry's existed, sometimes the early gamble pays off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom