• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wasn't there somewhere in the user cp that showed when people quote your posts? I cant find it anymore.
they took it out because it took too many server resources.
I can think of some anyones who appreciate Boots of Switness. Udyr, for one.
no need. even if you need to get around cc you just build mercs.

swifties are just not a good value. unnecessary amount of movespeed. tabi, mercs, and greaves are all super good so just buy them. if you wanna initiate hard buy mobis.

Edwardo

duder he is talking about spirit of the ancient golem, an item that gives tenacity in the same way merc treads do.

ya i realized that after i submitted the post. bossman decided to come by my desk so i couldnt edit away my shame.

Played Olaf for the first time last night. I went 8-12-5. I died way too much. My items went something like Warmogs, merc treads, cutlass, and locket. I assume you just want to build tanky on him?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You don't want to play Olaf anymore honestly.

Swifties are nice on Udyr for the slow reduction. 35% reduction in duration due to Tenacity on Ancient Golem and 25% reduction in effectiveness from Swifties.

Considering Udyr's main counter is kiting, it works well on him.

garath

Swifties are nice on Udyr for the slow reduction. 35% reduction in duration due to Tenacity on Ancient Golem and 25% reduction in effectiveness from Swifties.

Considering Udyr's main counter is kiting, it works well on him.

Swifties are good on Vi too. It she's also pretty susceptible to kiting plus they reduce the slow on charging her Q (or at least they used to. Might have fixed that)

I still normally build tabi or mercs on her anyways though.

dimb

i don't really see the value. as an item swifties just offer very little. your job as udyr isn't just to get to people, it's to tank and stunlock. swifties make you a very weak tank in the early/mid game when you want to make the most of udyr. taking something like mercs or tabi gives you the survivability to get in, otherwise you'll just get blown up.

if i need movespeed so bad tabi + alacrity > swiftness.

i don't really see the value. as an item swifties just offer very little. your job as udyr isn't just to get to people, it's to tank and stunlock. swifties make you a very weak tank in the early/mid game when you want to make the most of udyr. taking something like mercs or tabi gives you the survivability to get in, otherwise you'll just get blown up.

if i need movespeed so bad tabi + alacrity > swiftness.

How are you gonna tank and peel for people if you're kited for eternity? If it was just the extra movement speed, I would agree with you. But the reduction the effectiveness in slows helps you do your job way more as Udyr. Give it a try, seriously.

dimb

How are you gonna tank and peel for people if you're kited for eternity? If it was just the extra movement speed, I would agree with you. But the reduction the effectiveness in slows helps you do your job way more as Udyr. Give it a try, seriously.
no. and i don't have an issue on udyr where i feel like i am being slowed all the time and zoned out of fights because of that. the real issues arise over walls, and swifities are not a solution to that. i am not going to pay 1000 gold to reduce the effectiveness of slows by 25%.

no. and i don't have an issue on udyr where i feel like i am being slowed all the time and zoned out of fights because of that. the real issues arise over walls, and swifities are not a solution to that. i am not going to pay 1000 gold to reduce the effectiveness of slows by 25%.

Your choice I guess. Must be so boring to build the same way all the time. I'm not saying don't ever get Tabi, I'm not saying get Swifties all the time. But, you know, flexibility is nice.

And it's hardly bad since, well: http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Udyr

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm pretty sure I bought boots last in my last inhouse game yesterday....

On that note, more inhouse today?

Whoah, TheTess, Svenskeren and GodBro all benched from NiP.

New roster:

Søren "Bjergsen" Bjerg - Mid Lane
Martin "Deficio" Lynge - Support
Vytautas "extinkt" Melinauskas - Top Lane
Aleš "Freeze" Kněžínek - AD Carry
Tobias "Malunoo" Magnusson - Jungler

Source.

Gotta say, not happy about this at all. May have to rethink my planned purchase of the NiP icon :(

zkylon

zkylewd
lol pro teams are dumb, why can't they have subs that switch around constantly instead of having like the worst job security in the world aside from working in a sweatshop or something

brian!

attack boots
move fast boots
merc
tabi
cdr boots

u see that efficiency

lcs predictioning edward and freeze make solemn promise to meet at worlds but jacky fux it up

Tomas

Banned
NiP fucking dead in the water. Team is nothing without GodBro, nothing.

GodBro showed crappy performance in Summer split so far. He is not "kicked" from the team. Will see if Vytautas can carry Ninjas.

Although Malunoo and Extinkt are both fairly emotional and raging players. It is funny how NiP won against SiJ (Freeze, Ext, Mal team) and now these players are being incorporated in NiP. Although "YoungBuck" is a bad player IMO, I think if SiJ had a stronger top laner in the relegation matches they would have beaten NiP.

Someone should try Naruterador as a jungler sub. Like best Nocturne EU, very strong jungler.

brian!

i wasn't ready for all the hard numbers

definitely a real wake-up call

actually that guide makes me think a lot of gordon ramsay

Subtle

i wasn't ready for all the hard numbers

definitely a real wake-up call

actually that guide makes me think a lot of gordon ramsay

I'll admit, the way I used words makes it sound almost like a commercial.

The queue was 50 minutes just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom