• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Ultimate is just a bit more bells and whistles to it. Pulsefire Ezreal vs Aether Wing Kayle, for instance.

Also like double the price, though the skin will be on sale initially.

LOL Wiki

Yeah, so PFE is the only ultimate skin that's been released so far. 3250 RP for one skin is a lot though.

I find it pretty hard to rationalize a purchase like that. If it was for Ahri, then maybe. :p

The Udyr skin will be 1950 RP for the first few days, then will go up to 3250 RP.

Only 130 RP more than a Legendary, but it's better quality and you get summoner icons and profile banners and stuff.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They should have just done this as a model rework + legendary skin.

Regular Udyr looks nothing like Spirit Guard Udyr and looks like absolute shit next to him.

y2dvd

Though similar, mid and top lanes are still unique lanes and swapping lane roles is actually a big deal. I wonder if Reginald feels more equipped to handle 2v1 situations. You may see 2v1s mid but it usually happens top lane.

Boken

Banned
Though similar, mid and top lanes are still unique lanes and swapping lane roles is actually a big deal. I wonder if Reginald feels more equipped to handle 2v1 situations. You may see 2v1s mid but it usually happens top lane.

well the point really is, its meant to be "long laner" now because top isnt even top half the time

RIP "Your skills are inferior"

Not even a single reference to dunking.

roit y u do this :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WRwlVCO3Zw

apparently these are just the new VO's. old files remain

bjaelke

CHAMPIONS
Skarner 440 RP
Leblanc 395 RP
Gangplank 395 RP

SKINS
Warmonger Sion 487 RP
Tundra Hunter Warwick 260 RP
Hextech Singed 260 RP

Just played with the skin on PBE.

The only bad thing is I don't get see them all upgraded. The skin is so fucking good. So many awesome animations, including different walk and attack animations for every stance, as well as the most particles I've ever seen on a champion and skin, and so many voice lines.

Day 1 for me. It's the best skin they've ever made.

just lost 2 4v5 and one 3v5 in a row, the 3v5 was originally a 4v5 we really were winning, but as we were pushing their base as 4 with 2 of them dead and killing the nexus turrets our Xin decided that this was too dangerous so he would go solo baron while telling us to do the same, well end of the story they really really closely managed to push us out of base (while we killed 2 of them and got one tower down) but then our Fiddles screen froze
and he kept writing "DAMN I CAN'T MOVE MY SCREEN" for the brief rest of the game while I flamed the Xin for not ending it when we could.
Seriously what the hell.

just lost 2 4v5 and one 3v5 in a row, the 3v5 was originally a 4v5 we really were winning, but as we were pushing their base as 4 with 2 of them dead and killing the nexus turrets our Xin decided that this was too dangerous so he would go solo baron while telling us to do the same, well end of the story they really really closely managed to push us out of base (while we killed 2 of them and got one tower down) but then our Fiddles screen froze
and he kept writing "DAMN I CAN'T MOVE MY SCREEN" for the brief rest of the game while I flamed the Xin for not ending it when we could.
Seriously what the hell.

Your Xin, who I'm guessing was the jungler, made the call to go baron, you didn't go. That's your fault. Even if it was a bad call, it's better to all follow the bad call than let someone go alone and you all split up. He didn't decide to solo the baron, he made the call to go for it which you didn't follow. You decided to let him solo the baron and you all ended up losing the game.

Your Xin, who I'm guessing was the jungler, made the call to go baron, you didn't go. That's your fault. Even if it was a bad call, it's better to all follow the bad call than let someone go alone and you all split up. He didn't decide to solo the baron, he made the call to go for it which you didn't follow. You decided to let him solo the baron and you all ended up losing the game.

No we lost the game because Fiddle left the game afterwards (well his screen froze and he was unable to move), so this was our last chance to end it. also our jungler was Nunu who was disconnected and 3 of us said this is the best chance to win, while Xin went "NOPE, gotta lose the game"

IsayFever

Editing now that I'm not on mobile so here goes~

Spirit Guard is just too large a departure from current Udyr in terms of look and overall characteristics. They took an old shaggy druid and cleaned him up, changed his muscle tone / body build, and turned him into a game of thrones character. It's like removing Nature Prophet's Beard / shaggy cloak and turning him into Varys or something. It's just a let down for some reason. I can't quite articulate why I'm not interested in it other than radical character change.

I guess it stings more that he's going to see a major influx of people playing him, doing bad with him, and blaming the champ its self rather than themselves. Unlike with PFE when Ezreal was already so good, and his popularity only exploded further with that skin. Udyr is just a middle of the pack jungler that will explode in popularity and then just taper off from there.

scy

Fiddle leaving the game afterwards isn't really relevant to that decision though. The bad call is to stay after someone leaves. Maybe you had it if he had stayed, sure, but that doesn't matter if he leaves. It's a bad call followed up with a bad call.

No we lost the game because Fiddle left the game afterwards (well his screen froze and he was unable to move), so this was our last chance to end it. also our jungler was Nunu who was disconnected and 3 of us said this is the best chance to win, while Xin went "NOPE, gotta lose the game"

Well you made a bad call worse by splitting up. Instead of going as a group and taking baron when you had the chance, 3 of you went into the enemy base and you ended up losing the game. If Fiddle froze before you went into the base, you made a terrible calling going in as a 2. if it happened after you went into the base how was Xin supposed to know that happened?

Well you made a bad call worse by splitting up. Instead of going as a group and taking baron when you had the chance, 3 of you went into the enemy base and you ended up losing the game. If Fiddle froze before you went into the base, you made a terrible calling going in as a 2. if it happened after you went into the base how was Xin supposed to know that happened?

We didn't lose because we went into the enemy base as 3, we lost because we didn't end the game right then and there when 2 of them were dead the mid inhib was down with minions in their base.
We had to try it even as 3, and when we lacked dmg (which our 26/6 AD Xin might have provided) we backed and still got baron.

brian!

look dont tell me why you lost in the game that you were in let me tell you why you lost

but yuh you are dealing with hypotheticals when the actual real situation made both decisions bad decisions

look dont tell me why you lost in the game that you were in let me tell you why you lost

but yuh you are dealing with hypotheticals when the actual real situation made both decisions bad decisions

No if the Xin stayed with us instead of turning around and going baron I am 100% sure we would have won.

If we followed him we would have lost, maybe even if the Fiddle stayed (because it still was a 4v5), so trying it as 3 was the most sensible call with the highest chance of winning.
We didn't even lose the fight in their base, we just lacked the power to end it.

I've lost/died many times as a result of following unco-operative teammates.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

If this Xin was going to take baron on his own even after his entire team says otherwise, then it's reasonable to expect he might do something similar provided you helped him.

It's also possible he may have became more co-operative if you followed him but hindsight is 20/20.

Another reason why solo queue is like walking through a minefield.

brian!

No if the Xin stayed with us instead of turning around and going baron I am 100% sure we would have won.

If we followed him we would have lost, maybe even if the Fiddle stayed (because it still was a 4v5), so trying it as 3 was the most sensible call with the highest chance of winning.
We didn't even lose the fight in their base, we just lacked the power to end it.

i mean thats what im saying, like it seems like you guys would have won if he had followed you but he didnt
and it definitely seems like you guys would lose if you went to base without him I mean that's what happened
so iunno thats what makes both bad decisions, I don't really expect you to math out a fight at their base or whatever, or to expect fiddle to dc, but from what you're saying it does seem like a case of two people tied together by a rope and then trying to dash in opposite directions

like I wonder what the communication was like during all that

zkylon

zkylewd
reality is that it's often a better idea to follow a bad call than to split off

might not be in that case in particular but in general you're better off doing so

still your xin zhao was dumb if you were wrecking their base and decided to take a gamble with baron instead

i mean thats what im saying, like it seems like you guys would have won if he had followed you but he didnt
and it definitely seems like you guys would lose if you went to base without him I mean that's what happened
so iunno thats what makes both bad decisions, I don't really expect you to math out a fight at their base or whatever, or to expect fiddle to dc, but from what you're saying it does seem like a case of two people tied together by a rope and then trying to dash in opposite directions

like I wonder what the communication was like during all that

What I am saying is the going in as 3 or you could call it staying as 3 (as we were already in their base) wasn't a bad call, maybe if we fought a little better (the fiddle ult hit better etc.) we would have ended it there even as 3, and we lost nothing from it as we still got baron and even a nexus turret (and they didn't take any objectives afterwards).

What I am saying is even if Fiddle didn't freeze 2 min later following Xin to Baron might still have lost us the game in the long run because then we would have had to fight against 5 of them again, while we are still only 4.

edit: oh zky you don't remember the game?
the Xin left us with the words "DONT FIGHT! RYZE DMG WILL DESTROY US, BETTER DO BARON" so I thought it was your EUW alt (I really had to think of you when he said that, so at least I chuckled a bit from that ^^)

brian!

i mean I can't really argue against you on any of that I didn't see any of the game
and im not saying xin was right either
but like, if he was 26 and 6 it kinda seems you guys would win a straight up 4v5 w/ baron

anyway it's not really about who's making the right call, like a lot of people are just saying that you can turn a good call into a bad call if people aren't on the same page

In most cases I would say no to following bad calls. Like if someone wants to dive and you clearly can't win then I would say to let them die. Even though I break that rule pretty often and tend to follow bad calls when I know it won't end well just so people won't complain.

It's like you have to weigh feeding the enemy team free gold vs your team(mates) not hating you. Maybe you can make up for the gold loss by working together later on since there's no animosity from letting someone die.

Of course there's nothing to prevent them from blaming you regardless of what you do. So in the end just judge for yourself whether following a bad call is worth it or not.

brian!

o yeah I don't think anyone is saying to blindly follow a fool
just dont let someone else's bad decision lead you toward something bad too

zkylon

zkylewd
edit: oh zky you don't remember the game?
the Xin left us with the words "DONT FIGHT! RYZE DMG WILL DESTROY US, BETTER DO BARON" so I thought it was your EUW alt (I really had to think of you when he said that, so at least I chuckled a bit from that ^^)

I don't play against ryzes

I ban them

no ryzes allowed if I'm captain of this ship

o yeah I don't think anyone is saying to blindly follow a fool
just dont let someone else's bad decision lead you toward something bad too

All I am saying is that in the specific case of this game trying to end it as 3 was a good call and might have worked if we fought a little better or them a little worse.
If the Fiddle didn't freeze we still could have had our 4v5 with baron afterwards,
but to spin it like we lost it because we didn't follow the Xin to baron is just not what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom