• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
the hell are you guys talking about

----
apparently silence stops people from riding the lantern
weird cos stuns dont

----
jesus christ

14ms ping from sydney
30ms ping from melbourne
50ms ping from nz

its fucking beautiful i want to cry

brian!

I wanted to play in-house but I was in-game when you all started :p

I could totally ship Boken x Zkylon

maybe next time, you kept going into games!

inhouses were fun tonight, we did at least 5
they are also like surprisingly draining, I think I definitely put more energy into these games than I do normally. everyone in the channel right now sounds like they need a nap

itd be cool to get fairly static teams going on that played together pretty regularly but its also hard to do that

Boken

Banned
At launch, the Oceanic server will support the following countries:
Australia
New Zealand
Guam
New Caledonia
French Polynesia
Fiji
Northern Mariana Islands

-----

join us corgi. this is your server

Repgnar

they are also like surprisingly draining, I think I definitely put more energy into these games than I do normally. everyone in the channel right now sounds like they need a nap

itd be cool to get fairly static teams going on that played together pretty regularly but its also hard to do that

Yea, this was the first time I played with a lot of those gaffers and I had a lot of fun. Got to play bot lane just about every game (Wtngninja).

Someone mentioned drafting the teams to make em even and that would allow the teams to get mixed up.

uploadvbshv.png

Good games on GAF tonight. We didn't switch to the mumble back-up server during this game when the main server went down, I guess it made some people upset.

Boken

Banned
I think ih format should be:

team draft - leaders picked by seniority in community, or by skill

then team discussion time

then bo3

Boken

Banned
do you guys want me to create an internal elo system for team balance

y/n??

actually i dunno how to make google forms spit out an answer. is that possible?
id rather hide peoples elos

Subtle

do you guys want me to create an internal elo system for team balance

y/n??

actually i dunno how to make google forms spit out an answer. is that possible?
id rather hide peoples elos

How exactly would that work though? Real elo + GAF posts - Stupid GAF Posts?

Ken

At launch, the Oceanic server will support the following countries:
Australia
New Zealand
Guam
New Caledonia
French Polynesia
Fiji
Northern Mariana Islands

-----

join us corgi. this is your server

Uh are you guys gonna make new accounts?

Boken

Banned
How exactly would that work though? Real elo + GAF posts - Stupid GAF Posts?

team 1 elo vs team 2 elo

team 1 win

team 1 player elo = elo + gain*Kfactor - win bias

everybody either starts at default elo or i just try to predict them.

you enter the teams into a form and its meant to spit out whether a team is highly favoured or the game is balanced

you either enter the games in manually or i do it myself

Uh are you guys gonna make new accounts?
I dunno, I do have a smurf.

scy

Good games on GAF tonight. We didn't switch to the mumble back-up server during this game when the main server went down, I guess it made some people upset.

Not really a case of upset (at least, not that I'm aware of), just that we basically had a game with nothing going on. Like, we're so used to voice chat that without it, text and pings are foreign and any team coordination just kind of didn't happen.

Plus, my last second audible to Quinn was pretty derpy and I played pretty badly most the games tonight :/

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I was kind of nervous going in, played really bad with janna, I dunno why but I just got really nervous and made lots of mistakes :/

also kayos is scary :O

I wanted to play in-house but I was in-game when you all started :p

I could totally ship Boken x Zkylon
huh I feel like I signed into something perverted by using that account

and what's weird is that I kind of enjoy it

Finally managed to pull off the Lee Sin ward kick combo. Toward the end of the game, the enemy team was sieging our tower. I managed to peg the enemy Leona with a Q, hopped to her, warded behind the enemy Draven and kicked him forward into the team.

I practiced against bots for like an hour yesterday. Dat feel of actually doing it though :p

tumblr_inline_mp2j5nmHsc1qc9lhz.gif
latam south silver is full of people trying to pull off an insec... it's embarassing

I keep forgetting who's who... kayos fucked the op up by not adding the usernames list :/

just edit this in... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41940216&postcount=3

Is it possible to transfer your account from NA to Oceanic from a website? I couldn't find an obvious way or is it something you do in-game?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
russia just got their skin

i dunno how long that server has been open

just wait, we're gonna get something awesome like dropbear volibear
russia also got that fuzzy hat volibear and something else for free though i think.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm rediscovering a lost love for annie since I started maxing w instead of q

I build her kind of whatever, roa into random whatever-I-can-afford damage stuff, it's pretty fun.

but can't decide on reverse or panda

reverse annie kinda went to shit with the vu since tibbers isn't so silly looking anymore

I build her kind of whatever, roa into random whatever-I-can-afford damage stuff, it's pretty fun.

reverse annie kinda went to shit with the vu since tibbers isn't so silly looking anymore

Panda

dat recall

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm not scary. I can't be scary. I am easily scared though. =D

I went into the first inhouse somewhat negative already and various circumstances before and during the first 2 minutes of the game just made me more upset. After that it just spiraled into me being sad and depressed for the rest of the night. =/

Yeah, I don't see much reason to max W first. They have the same range, but Q can't miss.

Really loving solo lane Karma right now. Great pokes with Q, great trades with W, great mobility with E.

Grouped with champs like J4 and Amumu just makes her RQ really hurt in teamfights. 785+150%AP AoE damage is no joke. People still aren't used to her tether range so I found it it pretty easy to keep E->W->RQing in lane.

IsayFever

I'm not scary. I can't be scary. I am easily scared though. =D

I went into the first inhouse somewhat negative already and various circumstances before and during the first 2 minutes of the game just made me more upset. After that it just spiraled into me being sad and depressed for the rest of the night. =/
you didn't believe in the donger

Boken

Banned
Yeah, w first on Annie is for wave clear mostly, otherwise you may stand at your tower all day in certain match ups

Yeah, I don't see much reason to max W first. They have the same range, but Q can't miss.

Really loving solo lane Karma right now. Great pokes with Q, great trades with W, great mobility with E.

Grouped with champs like J4 and Amumu just makes her RQ really hurt in teamfights. 785+150%AP AoE damage is no joke. People still aren't used to her tether range so I found it it pretty easy to keep E->W->RQing in lane.

Yeah Karma is super fun mid and also kinda strong if you use your early game strength to end.

Edwardo

it looks shit. its probably overly hard and gives me goosebumps whenever i brush my hand over it

WOW. I read that wrong on the first try..

i don have mousepad

I have one but I only use it when i'm at a friend's house. When i'm at home, i dont even use it. I thought the point of optical mice were to not need mousepads.

w does a little more dmg than q and scales 5% better, but I feel like early on it's not going to make that big of a difference. I guess maybe if you need to push harder you could max w first for wave clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom