• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
sub 20ms ping is fucking beautiful

holy shit
I can only dream of that. I used to live in Texas and had like 10 ms ping to some Enemy Territory server. Now on the east coast I get 108 ms ping pretty much minimum in LoL, and like 70 ms if I'm lucky in TF2. :(

it makes me sound like a real jerk but it annoys me that Australians can now play with like 20ms of ping and the most populous coast of America has to deal with 80ms.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Dat Morgana throwed a ladder in the stage, baited Ashe to climb on the ladder, then knock ashe down from the top.

Dat plays man dat plays.

And then Morgana pick up a second ladder, and throw it to the stage, Ashe saw the opportunity and did a come back. Then Ashe go down from the stage attempting to pick up the third ladder and put it on the stage. Morgana went down, and said "no shit I am the only one that can pick up the ladder", knock ashe down, and pick up the third ladder then put it on the stage.

While I typing this there is a fourth ladder on the stage, I think Morgana won cause she put 4 ladders on the stage, is that how wrestling works?

Ferga

Sure... the diamond smurf who won 19games in a row feeds in my game. sighhhhh

Why must this happen to me. Fed voli and eve really aint fun to play against. Was doing so well too :'(

Zukuu

Banned
No jarvan jungle help? :<

Spirit Stone, Boots, Kindle, Tabi, Spirit of the Golem, Locket, Bulwark

I seem to lack damage tho. Just played my first match as J4 jungle and went like 0/2/20.
Thinking about getting a brutalizer before getting a Locket

Leezard

No jarvan jungle help? :<

Spirit Stone, Boots, Kindle, Tabi, Spirit of the Golem, Locket, Bulwark

I seem to lack damage tho. Just played my first match as J4 jungle and went like 0/2/20.
Thinking about getting a brutalizer before getting a Locket

Yes, you need a damage item to do damage as jarvan. Brutalizer works well for the midgame.

Leezard

and which item order would you build?

Building a damage item after your first "other" item (spirit or locket or whatever you want to build first) should probably work well. I'm mostly a laning jarvan, but a reasonable time frame would be after your first survival item.

Zukuu

Banned
Building a damage item after your first "other" item (spirit or locket or whatever you want to build first) should probably work well. I'm mostly a laning jarvan, but a reasonable time frame would be after your first survival item.

So Spirit Stone + Boots, Brutalizer or Spirit Stone + Boots => Golem, Bruzalizer? ^^ and lvl 2 boots so late?

Leezard

So Spirit Stone + Boots, Brutalizer or Spirit Stone + Boots => Golem, Bruzalizer? ^^ and lvl 2 boots so late?

Try it out! I wouldn't recommend blindly buying the same stuff in the same order every game. Some games require you to buy ancient golem before you go brutalizer, some times you might need something else, etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like emma and moneymaker from 3

seriously it's a pity the translation is so rough on fm2, I'd love to play it but alt tabbing to read a txt file with the script isn't for me

ElectraStar

the trained eye will notice the differences but she still looks amazing

again, my problem with her nowadays is that the shit show she's in is really selling out considering her more indie roots

Yeah, that's what every woman wants, to be scrutinized under a "trained eye," heh.
Seriously, leave your forever-19 fantasy behind, that's not how shit works.

RedSwirl

Tried to start this last night. Didn't realize it required a 2GB patch. Would've taken three hours.

Anybody know if Hawken or Path of Exile require similar first-time patches too?

ElectraStar

Tried to start this last night. Didn't realize it required a 2GB patch. Would've taken three hours.

Anybody know if Hawken or Path of Exile require similar first-time patches too?

Path of Exile didn't take that long for me.
Don't do it, though. You will get addicted.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
oh hi. you should wait it out. it's worth it. because of the constantly changing state of the game through regular updates it would probably be difficult to regularly keep a complete game up for new people to download.
Aatrox any fun? Only tried him on the pbe when he was bugged and I never see him picked. I want to get a new champion.
I see him get picked fairly regularly. People ban new champs a lot just to be safe and so your team can't play them. He doesn't really seem that interesting to me but if you want a melee AD carry you could do worse. In my games if he falls behind in lane he never seems to come back.

scy

Aatrox any fun? Only tried him on the pbe when he was bugged and I never see him picked. I want to get a new champion.

He has a really strong level 2 with a loaded Blood Price + Dark Flight combo. If he's behind in lane, though, he kind of needs to be fed kills to get back to relevancy. His passive revive, for all the complaints, is pretty bad if only due to a lot of his power coming from having the Blood well full for ASPD; at best, it's a revive so he can try to Q+Flash away or to snipe a kill with the damages from his skills.

jerd

okay well there are like ten bruisers i think would usually be a better or stronger pick.

I more or less agree (I don't think he's all that awful), but in my opinion he's a much better bruiser than he is melee carry. I enjoy playing him as a bruiser though, and I've had much more fun with him since I started playing him that way. Plus I'm still playing normals and honestly still feel like I'm learning the game. I probably won't play him in ranked, but I think that he's a few seconds on his cooldowns away from being a pretty solid pick.

Most likely. Building him glass cannon carry is pretty mediocre unless you're so stupidly fed that it's irrelevant. You'll always need/want defensive stats.

Yeah I've just been doing BotRK to start then going into randuins, frozen mallet, and junk like that. Otherwise he can get kited and blasted down seemingly worse than any other melee carry.

RedSwirl

oh hi. you should wait it out. it's worth it. because of the constantly changing state of the game through regular updates it would probably be difficult to regularly keep a complete game up for new people to download.

You can resume the download if you have to stop right?

Tried roaming support Veigar. Free pokes with good range, free bits of AP, will always deal a lot of damage against the enemy APC and the best non-ult ability ever. Hinges a lot on having a burst/aggressive laner though. Vayne had an easy life with Condemns.
bSvBE2s.jpg

Event Horizon was great in teamfights and just freaking good as a disengage. Just gotta stack dat CDR to get it down to 10 seconds. He does lack other stuff to do after blowing E and R though.

Well, just 20 minutes for LAN tourney to begin. I'm only watching it because is going to play Lyon Gaming vs Toaster Gaming (poor guys).

My team wasn't lucky enough to qualify. The tourney has 256 teams. 32 teams qualified thanks to their achievements in the competitive scene, 64 by their performance in soloQ, and 160 by luck. (random)

It sucks that a team called "Cinco De Asada Con Todo" got lucky and qualified. ):
Whatever, I'll just play Minecraft until the show begins, I guess.

Edit: lulz, even here they spam "Dong Squad 4 20", wow, much better casters, and a great Intro. 8.5k viewers, nice for a first match.

Mothman91

Went 5-5 on my placement matches, feels bad man. 3 of those losses were with trolls of the worst degree. ADC Taric....wtf man. Got into Bronze D1, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I see what people meant when they said "Elo Hell".

So I just bought Aatrox with what little IP I had remaining and have tried him out for a few matches.

He really reminds me of Maliken from Heroes of Newerth except without the ranged attack and racism.

Building him glass cannon seems like a bad idea. I'm currently experimenting with how tanky/damagey I should build him.

Really fun so far. Didnt die once (thanks to the Blood Well saving me the one time I did).

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, that's what every woman wants, to be scrutinized under a "trained eye," heh.
Seriously, leave your forever-19 fantasy behind, that's not how shit works.
edit: deleted this shit because it was kind of embarassing

also
Men DO care. Why do you think that got started in the first place?
to some degree

it's not about men or women, our society values youth and puts beauty as a core female characteristic (and beauty and youth go hand in hand, all babies being cute and whatnot). women themselves agree with this, which is why they wear makeup, etc. it's not imposed by men or meant to attract men or whatever, it's imposed by society and reinforced by everyone.

I mean I haven't met a girl that didn't like to spend hours on her hair and wear makeup, society is just messed up in this way.

also yeah it's fun to play where's wally with phatoshop

lissandra
good suggestion, I actually found her a lot of fun before the nerfs to her damage (was that last patch or is it coming next?). my only quirk with liz is that her q is just a pain to use and that she just doesn't really interact much in lane, just shove and gank since trading with q is pretty difficult without madly pushing your lane.

scy

I refuse to respond to the rest of that.

good suggestion, I actually found her a lot of fun before the nerfs to her damage (was that last patch or is it coming next?). my only quirk with liz is that her q is just a pain to use and that she just doesn't really interact much in lane, just shove and gank since trading with q is pretty difficult without madly pushing your lane.

Then aim her Q better so it hits less minions while also harassing. Or just push it as hard as possible and have the lane reset. It's really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

She's most likely getting nerfed again since she's still really strong in terms of her control and damage output.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
She's most likely getting nerfed again since she's still really strong in terms of her control and damage output.
Her damage doesn't really seem lower than other mages. She has good burst, good sustained damage, and lots of CC.

zkylon

zkylewd
Then aim her Q better so it hits less minions while also harassing. Or just push it as hard as possible and have the lane reset. It's really not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

sure, I just played her a bit in free week and was like "fuck this champion and her q range"

but like the feeling I got from my short experience with her is that harassing is just a lost cause. doesn't really matter since with the amount of cc she has taking down from 100-0 with a gank is a good possibility.

and yeah if the liz I played was post-nerf, she prolly needs another damage cut.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah I'm in the bruiser camp for Aatrox as well. Building at least one attack speed item semi-early I think is still really important, as attack speed really benefits his W both from a damage and survivability standpoint.

I like him a lot. He's like a not-useless-Fiora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom