• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
i don't understand LP gains at all. went from like +15 to +18 to +30.

It seems random to me as well. I was playing a game of 3s against a Plat I, Gold II, and Gold III and we only got +13. We're all silver.

Next game against three silvers we got +18. I just don't understand.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It seems random to me as well. I was playing a game of 3s against a Plat I, Gold II, and Gold III and we only got +13. We're all silver.

Next game against three silvers we got +18. I just don't understand.
I would guess those weren't their 3s rankings though right? The hidden rating is much more meaningful than the one that's shown. I understand that at least.

Einbroch

Banned
I would guess those weren't their 3s rankings though right?

No, of course not, but you'd think because they were higher ranked then they'd have a higher hidden ELO. If such a thing even exists anymore.

Is there even an ELO at all? Whole system is confusing to me. There has to be, as I get to pick first sometimes over people that are 2-3 leagues above me. It's just weird.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No, of course not, but you'd think because they were higher ranked then they'd have a higher hidden ELO. If such a thing even exists anymore.

Is there even an ELO at all? Whole system is confusing to me. There has to be, as I get to pick first sometimes over people that are 2-3 leagues above me. It's just weird.
Yeah, there's an ELO system. I would guess 3s is its own thing and no other rankings effect it, which is probably how it should be.

scy

Your League/Division (e.g., Gold I) is really just a badge. Matchmaking is still using an Elo system. This does mean you can end up in, say, Platinum but be in a lower (or higher) matchmaking bracket.

And, yes, 3s has it's own MMR as far as I'm aware. There's also the issue of a relatively small population so sometimes you'll get into weird games due to the loosening on the MMR requirements for games.

Einbroch

Banned
I just hope that they change things up and you get unlocks (borders, skins, icons, etc) for 3s/5s instead of just solo/duo-queue.

I find 3s the most fun and that would be pretty nifty to be considered an actual player of the game instead of just playing the neglected side mode.

Edit: Wait, you did get that stuff for 3s before? I thought you didn't. My friend lied to me.

Einbroch

Banned
3s gave rewards last season.

And wait, another group of people that play a lot of 3s? oboy oboy oboy

3s is the best mode. Sure, it's not the most balanced, but we found a super solid comp that went 8/8 last night, completely stomping every team we came across except one.

No wards makes it really tense and makes sneaky ganks so rewarding.

zkylon

zkylewd
game should probably take some sort of consideration into other elos when matching

like I got set against the two tsm challenger dudes the other day, and maybe it was because I was playing with a gold friend and they don't really do normals but it's kinda dumb anyways.

or at least just check if it doesn't say tsm in their names lol

why would you max w over q?
I dunno, more damage than q, just feels a lot better

haven't tried maxing q since s2 or something so it may be I got better at the game or whatever. in theory q before w just sounds smarter because of the lower cooldown, really, but it's been working for me so far

also never really have mana problems, I start doran's ring and get a catalyst on my first back and don't even need blue buff, just shove the lane, then gank. one w kills all the mage creeps, then q two melees and auto the other one.

lately I've been liking more to do things by 'feel' rather than numbers... sounds kinda dumb but I dunno I'm not much of a numbers person

scy

3s is the best mode. Sure, it's not the most balanced, but we found a super solid comp that went 8/8 last night, completely stomping every team we came across except one.

No wards makes it really tense and makes sneaky ganks so rewarding.

TT has some balance issues but, honestly, it isn't so bad given bans since a lot of things are so comp dependent (e.g., Singed is a terror in blind pick but doable with proper picks; still worth it to just not deal with though). Overall though, the map just kind of rewards proper comps with good focus and teamwork. That and 3 people is a lot easier to get reliably than 5.

On the subject of wards, make sure your AP gets Hextech Sweeper. ~2k Gold for AP/HP/CDR/MSPD and vision! So many stats. All of the value! Having both vision items really does help a lot as you don't have to facecheck dumbly (...ideally) and so your bot lane is super safe from everything.

game should probably take some sort of consideration into other elos when matching

like I got set against the two tsm challenger dudes the other day, and maybe it was because I was playing with a gold friend and they don't really do normals but it's kinda dumb anyways.

or at least just check if it doesn't say tsm in their names lol

I dunno, I like going against Diamond/Challengers; win or lose, it's always nice to go against people that play well. That's around what I see often in TT Blind Pick (because there is no just and loving god) unless we get into the 10+ queue times then it spirals into a game of "Bronze or Challenger!" and I never seem to win that game.

So far the best has been a game me and bind did the other day after a like 20 minute queue. A Level 16 on their team. Then again, I dc'd like 3 times that game :(

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon there's a new Zooey interview. She's looking old. :(
you're crazy she looks great

too bad she's in that shit show instead of doing dem indie flicks that made me fall in love with her in the first place but at least I get a lot of good gifs off it

I dunno, I like going against Diamond/Challengers; win or lose, it's always nice to go against people that play well. That's around what I see often in TT Blind Pick (because there is no just and loving god) unless we get into the 10+ queue times then it spirals into a game of "Bronze or Challenger!" and I never seem to win that game.

So far the best has been a game me and bind did the other day after a like 20 minute queue. A Level 16 on their team. Then again, I dc'd like 3 times that game :(
yeah I'm not really complaining (playing against el reginaldo was actually pretty cool, they were pretty decent duders and it was at least a memorable thing), but it's still kinda dumb.

actually I kinda like it, I wish I had played mid that game so I could've gotten my ass properly kicked (our kennen actually did great against reginaldo, kudos to him). people that play well are actually really impressive, like last night at bot lane the other dudes just really punished every single mistake and once the lane was a bit tilted on their favor they just made us feel it. my normal games are usually much looser...

also in general the whole league system is really weird, like it's actually fairly simple but my friends are constantly getting confused by it lol

you can't ban someones waifu, thats just cruel
truth

zkylon

zkylewd
we used to play cs and winning eleven at my old job

would've been cool to set up two lol teams and play inhouse there at lunch hour

ElectraStar

Why am I not on this list?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41940216&postcount=3
I've been here since OT#2 :(

A lot of people left. Also some of us are committed to the way of the solo queue.

Weren't you a member before? How did you get juniored?

I've always been junior. I guess I don't post often enough!
Also, why the solo Q? WHHYYY?!

would you say
you kicked them in the bot

27702218.jpg

zkylon there's a new Zooey interview. She's looking old. :(

Old? Are you for real?

I've always been junior. I guess I don't post often enough!
Also, why the solo Q? WHHYYY?!

That's true. I just checked your post count. I thought there was a time limit as well? Or maybe you need both for your status to be updated.

As for solo queue, that's all I play in League. I've prevented myself from grouping with others. It's just a personal decision I've made.

ElectraStar

As for solo queue, that's all I play in League. I've prevented myself from grouping with others. It's just a personal decision I've made.

Booo!
I actually find I can't play SR anymore if I'm solo queuing. I get no pleasure in it, and it's usually a disaster.

she pretty :3

Yeah but what's wrong with age! She doesn't even look 30!

3 months and 300 posts. (You need both)

Well how do I check?

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah but what's wrong with age! She doesn't even look 30!
I didn't say nuthin' about her age :3

she still looks perfect now at 33 but my favorite will forever be 19 year old all the real girls zooey

tumblr_mh4jhiUned1qdlwfto2_500.png

kinda has to do with both the movie and her character being amazing unlike most of the garbage she's been in

and argentina being the cool-as-hell country it is gave her a best actress in drama award at mar del plata film festival for that flick, which is probably the only noteworthy award she's ever won

Well how do I check?
just look at your profile

here's mine heh...

I'm weak. I just bought the Razer Kraken Pro headset. It cost me 87 USD including everything (taxes and shipping).

The downside is that now I have to wait at least 12 business days to be delivered. ):

I can't wait to have it. It doesn't help that they're green... (my favorite color). Damn.

They also sell the League of Legends mouse pad. I would buy one if it was only Ahri, even if I don't use mouse pads.

Booo!
I actually find I can't play SR anymore if I'm solo queuing. I get no pleasure in it, and it's usually a disaster.

I completely understand. The thing is I don't have a mic so even if I did group up it wouldn't be much different from communicating with solo queue teams. It also means I don't have to wait around for a group to form before playing. There is some inherent frustration to random teams though so I can see why someone would want to play premades only.

ElectraStar

nope, wolfie did

My bad, haha.
The only explanation I can think of is that he is a child-"loving" creeper, because she looks super young!

I completely understand. The thing is I don't have a mic so even if I did group up it wouldn't be much different from communicating with solo queue teams. It also means I don't have to wait around for a group to form before playing. There is some inherent frustration to random teams though so I can see why someone would want to play premades only.

Even without a mic though, I feel like having premades is a little more consistent.
Also, I'm too nice, and I always end up supporting rando-ADCs that make me want to choke-a-bitch. But I put up with it u_u

Zukuu

Banned
So I'm trying to get into jungle. Never really liked the role so I avoided it for the most part (mostly play as a 3-5 team). After sticking to main champs on all roles (Pant top, Viktor Mid, Lulu Support) I'm going with Jarvan for jungle. Dunno how to build him tho. I'd go with Merc Treads, Bulwark, FM or RO, Warmogs or something, but have no clue in which order and if Latern is worth it for him or Spirit etc

Any quick build order? Plan on going with 9/21/0 and AD/Armor/M.Def/AD runes.

My bad, haha.
The only explanation I can think of is that he is a child-"loving" creeper, because she looks super young!

Even without a mic though, I feel like having premades is a little more consistent.
Also, I'm too nice, and I always end up supporting rando-ADCs that make me want to choke-a-bitch. But I put up with it u_u

I guess so.

I mostly play Dominion so I'm not stuck with bm teams for long. I think it would be nice to play with an organized team again but I think it would only be worth it if I had a mic personally (excusing my terrible voice).

garath

What the heck happened. I go on vacation for a week and suddenly Elise is banned every game in silver. Dammit. She was my under the radar pick. Oh well. Guess I'm getting my evelynn back into form.

zkylon

zkylewd
My bad, haha.
the trained eye will notice the differences but she still looks amazing

again, my problem with her nowadays is that the shit show she's in is really selling out considering her more indie roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom