• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
while that thread was going, i tried to use photoshop + my gen 1 wacom bamboo fun for the first time ever

stay happy every1
dont let them crazy dota ppl get ya

9w9GELE.png

Einbroch

Banned
I dunno, I thought most LoL people were pretty well behaved (outside of the tongue in cheek comments). It's weird, when people who are pro-LoL talk about LoL they talk about what they like about LoL. When people who are pro-DotA talk about DotA they talk about what they hate about LoL.

It's like World of Warcraft 2.0.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yall seriously called me bipolar? What the heck? I'm not. I just don't like being abused so I leave from time to time.

EDIT: Hell yeah! xcloser defending me like a boss.

kayos90

See you at TI3?

Are these references tos omething?

EDIT: lol at scy's post in the last page at thread. rofl. I agree!!

EDIT2: K. I'm done reading that thread. What a cesspool of idiots, horrible rhetoricians, and insensitive jerks. I don't think I would survive in that environment. My heart and intelligence can't take it.

what was wrong with that thread? I posted first and stopped reading it before it reached two pages.

It went from opinions on what the dude should try (which was shaky footing to begin with) to all of DotaGAF shitting on League with really uninformed opinions, League players trying to defend it and a whole host of idiotic post.

It went from opinions on what the dude should try (which was shaky footing to begin with) to all of DotaGAF shitting on League with really uninformed opinions, League players trying to defend it and a whole host of idiotic post.

<yawn> Oh god that stuff gets old quickly. Probably a good thing the thread was locked, shame the debate couldn't have been a bit more reasonable though.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

C'mon, don't act like LoL players weren't aggressive against Dota either. (archaic antiquated archaic antiquated)

Both sides acted dumb in that thread.

C'mon, don't act like LoL players weren't aggressive against Dota either. (archaic antiquated archaic antiquated)

Both sides acted dumb in that thread.

oh sure, but to be fair it was mostly juniors on LoL's... "side"(?) acting dumb.

I was genuinely surprised at Dota GAF members though. Like, let's be fair, it was them who instigated the hostilities. There were no LoLGAF regulars who were being anywhere near as moronic as most of that thread.

boken got a bit mad tho.

Einbroch

Banned
Boken gonna Boken.

Speaking of mad, I've noticed that dimb (soda cop, whatever), seems to have become nicer lately. Or maybe I just haven't said anything stupid in a while. Either way, I like it.

DeadNames

Banned

it's just the playerbase arguments. not surprising to say the least. it's a timeless struggle.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Your new avatar is not working out for me.
Speaking of mad, I've noticed that dimb (soda cop, whatever), seems to have become nicer lately. Or maybe I just haven't said anything stupid in a while. Either way, I like it.
I will try to step it up.

Zac, Ori, Janna, Hecarim, Ryze, Draven, and Ezreal are for people who are bad at the game and need easy to play overpowered champions to win.

dimb

Draven easy...

heh
Draven is probably one of the easiest carries to play from a positioning perspective in lane. You will win all trades, and his mechanisms to initiate in lane or escape could not be easier, and his ability usage is not at all demanding when it comes to timing. Catching axes winds up being relatively easy, particularly when Draven's playstyle is to just burn anyone down near him and use lifesteal to survive.

There's a number of ADCs that are mechanically much more demanding.

Noshino

Your new avatar is not working out for me.

I will try to step it up.

Zac, Ori, Janna, Hecarim, Ryze, Draven, and Ezreal are for people who are bad at the game and need easy to play overpowered champions to win.

Janna OP

She is actually harder to play than most other supports. Leona, Taric, and Sona are a lot more op

That thread started out alright but eventually derailed into another Dota vs LoL skirmish.

Valve and Riot need to just make a crossover game so we can end this once and for all.

dimb

That thread started out alright but eventually derailed into another Dota vs LoL skirmish.

Valve and Riot need to just make a crossover game so we can end this once and for all.
Blizzard All-Stars is actually going to be Blizzard's revenge on Riot and Valve. It will feature heroes/champions from both League and Dota, but none of them will be half as strong as Blizzard branded characters.

kayos90

Blizzard All-Stars is actually going to be Blizzard's revenge on Riot and Valve. It will feature heroes/champions from both League and Dota, but none of them will be half as strong as Blizzard branded characters.

Wait.... Weaver? OMFG YESSSSS

Draven is probably one of the easiest carries to play from a positioning perspective in lane. You will win all trades, and his mechanisms to initiate in lane or escape could not be easier, and his ability usage is not at all demanding when it comes to timing. Catching axes winds up being relatively easy, particularly when Draven's playstyle is to just burn anyone down near him and use lifesteal to survive.

There's a number of ADCs that are mechanically much more demanding.

Draven is very mechanically demanding in team fights, you need to have really strong positioning and the ability to juggle two axes in a high pressure environment as well as not having any reliable escape mechanisms.

Other than Vayne, and perhaps Kog'Maw, I'm really not sure what ADCs are more mechanically demanding, especially strong ones. MF, Ashe, Caitlyn, Varus, Ezreal, Graves, Tristana are all much easier to play.

Twitch and Corki are probably on par, or less mechanically demanding.

I think you're really underestimating how easy other AD carries are compared.

Edit: and in terms of in lane, there really aren't more mechanically demanding than him either. Yeah his Q does a lot of damage and that's your main point of trading, but you still have to be able to catch and micr-manage axes. If you can't, you'll go oom and you'll suck in fights. He also has no direct escape like a lot of carries, so if he gets caught he's kind of fucked.

And lane isn't everything to do with a game. You don't just get an automatic free win with Draven just because he's strong in lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom