• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically it lets you auto last hit, auto smite, puts a timer at the top of your screen for all the jungle creeps/objectives respawn, shows where all wards are on the map (as long as you see them placed), and shows all enemy units health.

Seems kinda meh.
All things Riot needs to add anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
lucien abilities: (for some reason tracker source doesn't work so just copy pasting it here)

Lightslinger (passive)
After using one of his abilities, Lucian's next auto attack shoots twice.

Piercing Light(q)
Shoots a bolt of light through a target, damaging enemies in a line.

Ardent Blaze(w)
Fires a shot that explodes in a star pattern and marks targets. Shooting marked targets deals extra damage and grants Lucian a short burst of speed.

Relentless Pursuit(e)
Lucian dashes a short distance and removes all slowing effects. Relentless Pursuit's cooldown resets if The Culling kills an enemy champion.

The Culling(r)
Lucian moves freely while firing rapidly in a single direction, dealing damage to the first enemy hit.

lucian_article_banner.jpg

Lucian_Comic.jpg

also 3.9 patch tonight

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
there is a picture of him killing thresh because he is going to take over as the new stupid overpowered champ of bot lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
my bet is that he'll have some sort of non targetted gap closer, % health damage, a reviving passive and will leave a mark on spells that he can proc with autoattacks.

also his launch skin will suck
one out of 4, not so bad

I don't understand his ult

Einbroch

Banned
one out of 4, not so bad

I don't understand his ult

Basically it seems like you'll do a skillshot in a certain direction and you will constantly shoot ala Corki's Gatling Gun but even if you turn and face another direction you'll still shoot the original direction when you activated it, unlike Corki's GG which shoots in front of whatever direction you're facing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Have you ever played an AD carry and thought kiting was too hard? Lucian is for you.

My thoughts exactly. Not particularly difficult for me to kite but now I literally don't have to use my brain in team fights and get yelled at for attacking in place. =D

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't even get how Lucian can be balanced with that passive.
I guess it will have a cooldown?

too bad they went down the angsty road again, would've been cooler to have the demon-hunting couple with senna, adc+support, lots of joke interactions, quests, love, etc.

scy

You can't miss his ult in ARAM! Couple that in with Sanguine, Kitae's, Hurricane, LW, and BotRK and it'll be amazing! lol.

His ult isn't targeted. It's a skillshot:

The Culling, Lucian's ultimate, is a channeled ability that fires a barrage of bullets in a straight line, damaging the first enemy champion hit. Unlike many channeled abilities, Lucian has the option to dash with Relentless Pursuit as he unleashes The Culling. While on the move, The Culling will continue firing in the same direction as when activated.

Think of it more as a Fiddle ult except the area of effect is in front of you.

Edit: Though, on the subject of on-hit effects, Lightslinger does proc them all on both hits.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Oh. Well fuck me. There goes that plan.

Edit: Though, on the subject of on-hit effects, Lightslinger does proc them all on both hits.

Sort of like a mobile MF ult.

Einbroch

Banned
Isn't Irelia's ult the same thing? Or can you turn the ult mid-ult? Never played her, but people miss with it all the time when I strafe.

scy

Isn't Irelia's ult the same thing? Or can you turn the ult mid-ult? Never played her, but people miss with it all the time when I strafe.

Irelia's ult is four skillshots that are shot independently (e.g., each as a separate input); it's not a channeled ability that is constantly firing.

garath

After the lackluster Aatrox, it'll be nice to get a decent champ.

edit: strike that last edit. 3am, not 3pm. I need to get my eyes checked.

Subtle

Vayne isn't dead. I really hope you're just joking at this point.

Quinn's any level burst is insane.

And holy shit Lucian looks so fucking awesome.

I was kidding lol.

I will have nightmares from playing against Lucian...

Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed Can't be slowed

HNNNNG

jerd

Haven't decided how I feel about his model (kind of just a male Vayne I guess?), but that splash art is pretty cool as a whole.

scy

Nowhere in his kit does it say he has CC immunity, just that his E will cleanse CC on use. I think people are reading too much into "Moves freely" on the ult. There's nothing that indicates it gives CC immunity. Like, if it did, that'd be the selling point of the skill, not the whole "it's channeled but you move!" aspect.

Lucian seems pretty cool. I don't understand his Ult either. Hopefully his W does no damage from the ability itself.

Can't wait to buy SGU tomorrow and then not use it for a month to avoid being harassed for being bad at Udyr and playing him with the skin on.

scy

Also worth noting, no ASPD steroid so that's probably the logic behind the passive. Besides that, just +Damage. Unless Ardent Blaze's "speed boost" is both MSPD and ASPD I guess.

Lucian seems pretty cool. I don't understand his Ult either.

Basically, think of MF ult except you can move while casting it. Single-target (e.g., think of Mystic Shot) instead of massive AoE.

His ult says dmg to the first enemy hit, will my shots follow that enemy? Or just whoever is first in my direct path? Can creeps block me?

ElectraStar

lucien abilities: (for some reason tracker source doesn't work so just copy pasting it here)

Lightslinger (passive)
After using one of his abilities, Lucian's next auto attack shoots twice.

Piercing Light(q)
Shoots a bolt of light through a target, damaging enemies in a line.

Ardent Blaze(w)
Fires a shot that explodes in a star pattern and marks targets. Shooting marked targets deals extra damage and grants Lucian a short burst of speed.

Relentless Pursuit(e)
Lucian dashes a short distance and removes all slowing effects. Relentless Pursuit's cooldown resets if The Culling kills an enemy champion.

The Culling(r)
Lucian moves freely while firing rapidly in a single direction, dealing damage to the first enemy hit.

also 3.9 patch tonight

I want.

Blizzard

Banned
I know agreeing with soda cop is like the #1 rule of Fight Club, but without some sort of cooldown interaction or fractional scaling, having an extra autoattack does sound pretty crazy.

Of course Riot could just be like Draven and get rid of / change his passive after a few months. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom