• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had a wedding to go to for three weekends in a row now, haven't had much time to play anything. :(

Besides, if I post in the Dota 2 thread Boken will go there and make fun of me. Partially because I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about half the time. Partially because he's Boko.

ill tell him to back off

Wedding season for me doesn't start until Fall.

drawkcaB

Really? Damn, he seems like such an interesting character.

Not really. When you're playing against Yorick, the only person in the match as bored as you are is the person playing Yorick.

There's tons of top laners available. It depends on what sort of experience and playstyle you're interested in. - tankiness, team support, teamfight, dishing out dem deeps...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I like playing Yorick. Right now it's all about GP though. Yorick being annoying is overblown. There are so many other top laners that are a bigger pain in the ass.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
most annoying:
singed
shen
rivers
jay-z
irelia
singed
elise
singed

edit: oh yeah. now there's ryze too.

has anyone seen any outcry for nerfing udyr

i don't feel he's OP or anything but I'm starting to get worried that people will think he's OP cuz they see him so much now.

Subtle

Riot is looking into Vayne's early game and early mid game. Hopefully they nerf her so she's actually a risky pick. Being melee and trying to reach Vayne is so frustrating.

And then the Vayne always I mean ALWAYS says something through all after they "out played" you. :/

I hate when he runs at the speed of Sonic the hedgehog, but that's it.

But that's the best part. SGU is worth the price of admission if only for the animation when you switch to bear stance. He's all, "I'm gonna getcha!"

I don't like Udyr's Tiger shenanigans, still think he's pretty balanced overall tho.

I still have to try him toplane, but the way he shreds down towers with only three points in tiger is already insane.

On the contrary. Lately I haven't seen more than a couple of those udyrs win.

Yeah, I guess maybe the influx of inexperienced udyrs (and them doing badly) shows that he's pretty balanced.

Newt

Just played with a support mundo in ranked. It was actually really good, because I was playing cait and the poke was godly.

Just played with a support mundo in ranked. It was actually really good, because I was playing cait and the poke was godly.

I just played with one in normals. Exceedingly weird. He did pretty well, despite taking clarity for some reason. I think he was like 0/5/12. Da cleaver slows.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
has anyone seen any outcry for nerfing udyr

i don't feel he's OP or anything but I'm starting to get worried that people will think he's OP cuz they see him so much now.

People cry that Poppy is OP if they lose to it. No, Udyr is fine as he is.

Boken

Banned
Have had a wedding to go to for three weekends in a row now, haven't had much time to play anything. :(

Besides, if I post in the Dota 2 thread Boken will go there and make fun of me. Partially because I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about half the time. Partially because he's Boko.
boko is a robot i designed to follow you around and call you out constantly

like who

i want to learn how to be best top lane gaf
vlad, jax
farm and hypercarry
its almost like dota
ill tell him to back off

Wedding season for me doesn't start until Fall.
you cant stop a robot once youve started it, man

I tried AP Jax in ARAM and it sucked. :/ They were all AP except for Gangplank who was critting so hard. I still ended up performing the best but boy was I melting.

I ended up with Tabi, Nashor, Gauntlet, Wraith, Abyssal and a belt.

Boken

Banned
jax and irelia just need trinity to be a monster

youre saying with ibg, they need to get botrk as well
sux.

otherwise, in a trinity v ibg fight, trinity is way better.

heaps more damage, incredible synergy and they're not floating 300 mana in nowhere

10% cdr is nice, but dat AD, crit%, AS% and MS%

you can get defensive items after trinity, while if you get ibg first, youre pretty crap until you get the botrk. then you can get your defensives

Not saying it should be their first item though. Jax usually rushes BorK now, then situational builds (like an early Sheen, then IBG later).

Blizzard

Banned
I've only ever seen it work once, but I had a support Mundo when I played ADC once, it might also have been ranked, and I think they also did really well.

Newt

Riot is looking into Vayne's early game and early mid game. Hopefully they nerf her so she's actually a risky pick. Being melee and trying to reach Vayne is so frustrating.

And then the Vayne always I mean ALWAYS says something through all after they "out played" you. :/
Well, I wouldn't say she's overpowered, she's just popular at the moment. Her winrate is pretty average. I would say the real issue arises because riot nerfed some champions that do well against Vayne, and these champions really didn't need nerfs. The notable ones I can think of are Draven, Caityln and Miss Fortune.

Azulsky

Jax is actually pretty decent with Wits End as a secondary item.

Irelia not such much any more as her only magic damage is her E.

Boken

Banned
She's popular in all divisions and 2v1s are pretty uncommon in bronze/silver.
If it's solo queue we are talking about I still think vayne is at a disadvantage in lane

The reason why they won was probably because they were better then their opponents
Or because their team was good enough to last enough to vayne carry time (or the other team was bad at taking objectives)

OR maybe vayne got botrk and people fell for that all in

Azulsky

She will be disadvantaged against players who know what they are doing with an Ashe or Caitlyn. With a decent support Vayne will never touch them and they will make her life a living hell.

Boken

Banned
Because Riven is da bess

HxSsTkW.jpg

lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

AdventChild

Neo Member
I've beaten Yorick with Garen many times. The trick is to wait for him to throw his minions at you, hide in the grass (the minions stop following you, wait a moment and go all in vs Yorick, always with Ignite up.

Bronze League, ofc.

Nev

Banned
Vayne is ridiculous period.

Mach 3 speed, dash that resets autoattack, stealth, knockback that can stun, true damage.

Get the fuck out Riot.

Meanwhile, Ashe has 2 spells.

Boken

Banned
lulu is ridiculous period

long ranged low cd skillshot that slows everything and doesnt even reduce in damage through targets

a mach 4 speedup and ap buff that can silence+disarm+slow instead

a shield with on hit effects or a stealth/vision counter-debuff nuke that isnt even a skillshot

a huge hp buff ultimate that knocks everything up and slows them afterwards

get the fuck out of here riot

ashe is ridiculous period

perma slow auto attacks, aoe slow with 50% uptime, aoe vision control, huge gold advantage passive, global range nuke that not only has a massive stun but a huge aoe slow PLUS she has 600 fucking range. jesus christ

wow what the fuck riot

Newt

long ranged low cd skillshot that slows everything and doesnt even reduce in damage through targets

a mach 4 speedup and ap buff that can silence+disarm+slow instead

a shield with on hit effects or a stealth/vision counter-debuff nuke that isnt even a skillshot

a huge hp buff ultimate that knocks everything up and slows them afterwards

get the fuck out of here riot

perma slow auto attacks, aoe slow with 50% uptime, aoe vision control, huge gold advantage passive, global range nuke that not only has a massive stun but a huge aoe slow PLUS she has 600 fucking range. jesus christ

wow what the fuck riot
Heimerdinger is ridiculous.
A blind and a stun in one ability?
He can place down down two turrets that can auto attack with him? That's like having 2 other champions.
A missile ability that has super long range?
To top if off the turrets even slow when he ults.

Wtf riot, nerf this champ.

Meanwhile Thresh only has two abilities.

Nev

Banned
Too bad she's can't pentakill by autoattacking on top of her spells.

wow what the fuck riot
Then she got a Kha'Zix to her face.

I don't even care that much because I ban that joke, but I want her nerfed so there is more variety when she's not banned. Cait vs Vayne, Tristana vs Vayne, Draven vs Vayne, Graves vs Vayne and Ezreal vs Vayne. That's every fucking match. Sometimes a Varus appears too, but Vayne is always there if she's free.

PS: Heimerdinger and Lulu doesn't have their primary damage based on autoattacks like Vayne. But hey it's fun, keep describing champion's kits as if they were broken. It won't prevent Vayne to get tweaked anyways.

Meanwhile Thresh only has two abilities.

All of his four abilities have an active effect, Q and W have two. You should've chosen something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom