• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Don't take any of that seriously. My point is, is that Vayne isn't the all-in-one adc. That could be said for Graves a while back, but certainly not now.

Boken

Banned
Vayne is probably only there because she is fun

Vayne is one of three right click only (that is, champions which depend on right clicks to deal a majority of their damage mid-late) carries (trist, vayne, caitlyn). However, unlike those other cool gals, she has a very average range of 550 which puts her in the reach of almost every mage, tank and bruiser in the game. Things have to exist to offset these risks such as a low cd mini dash and high damage. Being a right click champion, her mechanisms are controlled by the power of mages in the mid game and the more spells and range of other adc and support in laning period.

Because of her power through late game, if you get her there early, she will snowball and eat you and that's probably why you're sad right now.

But srsly, just get a ryze and permanent rune prison her. She can't tumble

Vayne doesn't have long-range poke, beef, burst or any kind of AoE skill. This is why she's given tools mainly for short range 1v1.

Some of the suggestions I've read elsewhere really want to kill Vayne.
- Raise Lv5 Q cooldown to 4 seconds or
- Remove Q bonus damage
- Remove R stealth
- Make W physical, and scale off current health
- Reduce range to 525.

The last part is the least offensive part.

taaakun

Cosplay contest in Hong Kong

My top 3:
1. MF
2. Sona
3. Cait

j4BJymhl.jpg

Gaaraz

Random question... what is the character most like Yi? He's the only character that I can use (I’ve recently switched to focusing on AP too rather than pure attack speed) but I’m worried that in one game, someone will pick him before I get a chance...

When is the Yi rework going live?

Cant wait to get rid of AP Yi's and have the leap move not allow then to appear pretty much where they cast it... at least thats what I hope will happen.

Boken

Banned
Don't expect too much, this is the last week of group stage. Many groups are pretty much decided so some teams don't even have to care

--
O yeah, another reason for the huge resurgence of vayne other than 2v1 lanes. Botrk is so hot on her right now

Lord Phol

So I started playing solo ranked for the first time this season. Funny enough the opposition is alot easier than in normal mode. Probably becuase I got so many games in normal mode. Lost first two games even though I did great as Annie, third game I carried as top Jayce with ease.

For the first time in forever the game is actually fun again, where's it been mostly frustrating playing normal games. Hope I get into a bracket around my skill level.

Boken

Banned
So I started playing solo ranked for the first time this season. Funny enough the opposition is alot easier than in normal mode. Probably becuase I got so many games in normal mode. Lost first two games even though I did great as Annie, third game I carried as top Jayce with ease.

For the first time in forever the game is actually fun again, where's it been mostly frustrating playing normal games. Hope I get into a bracket around my skill level.
Is it fun because it's easier?

---
Stupid mvp blue can't even win with skt1 trying to throw

Wait. Why is an American likw Einbroch awake

Einbroch

Banned
I'm transitioning from sleeping in until 10AM in college to being a big boy with a real job. :(

Boko do you identity with the Koreans because you're so close?

Piglet's Vayne too stronk.

also, ManDu best Mami world.

OGN has 100% more kpop than LCS, and thus is vastly superior.

Boken you should hang out in GAF mumble when OGN is on.

garath

Placements are the best thing ever. Once you settle into a division it gets a little uglier. Keep it up though!

Boken

Banned
I'm transitioning from sleeping in until 10AM in college to being a big boy with a real job. :(

Boko do you identity with the Koreans because you're so close?
i identity with koreans cos its on at a decent timezone
new keyboard just got its first test!

although my cs was shit all game, it worked itself out.
what kind of keyboard?
you only need a good keyboard for good wpm to rage at your teammates in mobas
A question about the competitive scene.

Are EG really that ordinary? I swear CLG had a bit more about them.
its the EG curse you can see in SC2 and dota
all image no results

Boken

Banned
i had a choice between a DAS ultimate and a steelseries 7G.

im not man enough for the DAS, so i got the steelseries.
check out this marketing
NTQm0Fn.png

EXTREME ANTI GHOSTING (aka ps2 plug)
INCREASED APM (lol)_
LYFICEYCLE (its the same as other mechanicals)

the audio out is pretty sweet though.

i have a filco blue clicky. jelous of that audio out

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the cover/wrist rest is a nice addition too, now i cant put drinks in front of my keyboard, which means my chair wont knock them over!

Azulsky

I have messed with the 7G

Build quality is really good like most Steel Series stuff, I just dont like the Cherry Black switches because you have no feedback except for bottoming out the key.

Never going back from blues

garath

I've been pretty happy with my CM Quickfire Pro Red switches. I wish I would have held out for the Corsair K70 though. That keyboard is everything I wanted in a keyboard :(

My only consolation is I got the Quickfire pro for a fantastic price.. ~60 bucks.

Lord Phol

Is it fun because it's easier?

---

Yeah I guess, not the same pressure and now I actually feel like I'm contributing and holding my own. Honestly I think most people I'm up against in Normal are just better than me, which makes me feel quite weak and useless unless I'm late game Vayne or something.

On another note, I was the one banning this game, but my list was only like half full so I couldn't ban certain champions. Is that normal?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
On another note, I was the one banning this game, but my list was only like half full so I couldn't ban certain champions. Is that normal?
If the enemy team doesn't own the champions they get removed from the list of bannable champs.

Lord Phol

If the enemy team doesn't own the champions they get removed from the list of bannable champs.

Ah, makes sense!

Okey some matchs-up aren't really fair the other way either, this last game was the opposite of challenging. They had a duo of Zac and Riven top who gave me first blod and a double kill 3 minutes into the game >>. Guess the real game start when you get into a division, please be fair!

Yeah I guess, not the same pressure and now I actually feel like I'm contributing and holding my own. Honestly I think most people I'm up against in Normal are just better than me, which makes me feel quite weak and useless unless I'm late game Vayne or something.

Yeah only champions people in the game own can be banned.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ah, makes sense!

Okey some matchs-up aren't really fair the other way either, this last game was the opposite of challenging. They had a duo of Zac and Riven top who gave me first blod and a double kill 3 minutes into the game >>. Guess the real game start when you get into a division, please be fair!

It is fair. The next game riven and zac duo will be in your game giving out double kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom