• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the best supports for solo queue for those games where you team is terrible. The biggest issue with the role is that if your team sucks its hard to do much. I find Karma at least has good engage and disengage skills that definately help more than other supports in those games. And if you team REALLY sucks you can start building AP and might be able to turn it around if you can hold off long enough.

what are the best supports for solo queue for those games where you team is terrible. The biggest issue with the role is that if your team sucks its hard to do much. I find Karma at least has good engage and disengage skills that definately help more than other supports in those games. And if you team REALLY sucks you can start building AP and might be able to turn it around if you can hold off long enough.

Janna and Janna.

Einbroch

Banned

Thresh/Blitz. If you can land a hook, even an idiot can follow up a 2 (or more) v 1.

Janna and Janna.

Already have and love Janna. She has great peal. Not sure how she can make up for a terrible team though. She works amazing with a decent team.

Thresh/Blitz. If you can land a hook, even an idiot can follow up a 2 (or more) v 1.

These are what I was thinking although the thought of playing blitz makes me sick. i hate him and think he is a terrible character. I like thresh though and did use him a few times in a free weekend. Might start saving for him or see if he turns up in a sale or something.

What are Zyra and Nami like? I started seeing a few Nami's appear but I am guessing thats because she was used in the actually league recently. Zyra is a pro choice as well by the looks of things.

Blizzard

Banned
Blitzcrank is a funny character and makes you laugh even if he's on the other team.

Just look at those arms, his running animation, him running around and going FIRED UP AND READY TO SERVE, and then going zooooop pow zappppp. It's funnier than Janna hitting you with tornados, even if Blitzcrank is not as cute as Janna.

Blitzcrank is a funny character and makes you laugh even if he's on the other team.

Just look at those arms, his running animation, him running around and going FIRED UP AND READY TO SERVE, and then going zooooop pow zappppp. It's funnier than Janna hitting you with tornados, even if Blitzcrank is not as cute as Janna.

I think I hate his character design more than any other character....Its terrible. His alt skins might make him tollerable.

Regardless he is basically a hook and thats it. At least thresh has other abilities that are useful.

Einbroch

Banned
I think I hate his character design more than any other character....Its terrible. His alt skins might make him tollerable.

Regardless he is basically a hook and thats it. At least thresh has other abilities that are useful.

And a speed up that lets you land clutch hooks. And a knockup on a really short cooldown. And a silencing, insane damage dealing ult. And a passive that can turn a fight.

Blitz is great. His W is the only piece of his kit that seems a little meh. I enjoy playing Blitz more than Thresh, although I can understand and appreciate what Thresh brings to the table.

Newt

He's more than a hook man...

He got soul, man...

And a speed up that lets you land clutch hooks. And a knockup on a really short cooldown. And a silencing, insane damage dealing ult. And a passive that can turn a fight.

Blitz is great. His W is the only piece of his kit that seems a little meh. I enjoy playing Blitz more than Thresh, although I can understand and appreciate what Thresh brings to the table.
I have never actually used him. All I see is people doing the hook and thats it. Maybe I should try him at somepoint. That default skin is terrible though.

He's more than a hook man...

He got soul, man...

lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you remember the time Riot nerfed Lulu Q, that time was the best.
Lxb8xMB.jpg
It would be better if Riot had the decency to bring other supports like Janna down.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What part of Janna do you feel over powered?
easily one of the strongest passives in the game. twisted fate gets gutted but janner still has a global impact throughout the game. she is also the only support who still has the ratios of a mid laner. janna is just really amazing at everything. she can clear waves. hold turrets well, has hard and soft cc, and can shut out certain melee champs really hard.
But her boobs sag so much already.
i don't get the joke. is it a joke?

scy

easily one of the strongest passives in the game. twisted fate gets gutted but janner still has a global impact throughout the game. she is also the only support who still has the ratios of a mid laner. janna is just really amazing at everything. she can clear waves. hold turrets well, has hard and soft cc, and can shut out certain melee champs really hard.

She also has an ult that will be used in the stupidest way possible 99% of the time. So it all balances out.

Einbroch

Banned
Jarvin is so good in 3s. So good. His ult blocks the entire pathway almost anywhere in the jungle, which is where like 95% of the teamfights happen.

Ocho

i don't get the joke. is it a joke?

That's getting nerfed.

Already have and love Janna. She has great peal. Not sure how she can make up for a terrible team though. She works amazing with a decent team.

These are what I was thinking although the thought of playing blitz makes me sick. i hate him and think he is a terrible character. I like thresh though and did use him a few times in a free weekend. Might start saving for him or see if he turns up in a sale or something.

What are Zyra and Nami like? I started seeing a few Nami's appear but I am guessing thats because she was used in the actually league recently. Zyra is a pro choice as well by the looks of things.

I'm a real fan of Nami now. You can win the lane if you're good enough. Your W poke is crazy, and it's a sustain as well; learn to maximize W heal/damage (always try to land a combo). The bubbles are fantastic but require practice, once you can hit them consistently it's gg. The ult is fantastic.

I'd recommend Nami in solo queue second only to Thresh.

For what it's worth, Fiddlestick support is my FOTM, though.

Newt

With all the people that run barrier all the time no matter what the enemy team comp, fiddle support is getting really good. Three seconds is more than enough time to finish someone.

Played a couple normals last night as Karma mid. She's definitely strong and really fun to play. People don't really know what to do against her either which is awesome. For item builds, rushing Chalice is definitely the way to go, she needs the CDR super badly. Anything less than 30% and you feel like you're waiting forever for Q to come up again.

Can't wait to play more with her. She's probably my favorite mid right now along with Xerath.

Kenai

If you are just talking about Classic, there are a few options. Blitz/Thresh while landing hooks are good choices. I would say Blitz over Thresh since you can hook and blow up a squishy, Thresh needs his team to follow him up or he'll prolly die (like Leona). Nami also isn't bad for this. I've been practicing with her and if you are aggressive with your bubbling (and later bubble + ult) you can bullying during lane phase + ruin enemy plans during a teamfight.

The other option is to start support then build into more offense. Zyra, Fiddle, and even Karma/Morg/Orianna can do this (and prolly even more). Get a Sightstone for some ward coverage, then Chalice so you can spam abilities more, then whatever works best for the champ in question (always get some wards of course). It's not always ideal, but if your team is terrible buying things like Bulwark/Shur aren't going to mean much, and it's common for a jungler to get Bulwark/Locket now anyway.

I've won quite a few games with Nami recently, but haven't always had a great carry. For example, an Ez and I had a pretty great laning phase, but then he wanted to spend a ton of time roaming for no reason, even leaving our bot tower to lose 80% of it's HP just from creeps, even with me pinging repeatedly and clearing them myself. Of course, this also meant he was underleveled (I was level 13 while he was still 12 at one point from all of his roaming, even with me having objectives + enemy jungle warded). *and* had less money from low CS. In situations like that, follow/support those who are functioning properly: a support can still turn a losing duel into a 2 vs 1, and catching 1-2 team members out and staggering their respawns can mean a few towers or inhibs under your belt.

If you are just talking about Classic, there are a few options. Blitz/Thresh while landing hooks are good choices. I would say Blitz over Thresh since you can hook and blow up a squishy, Thresh needs his team to follow him up or he'll prolly die (like Leona). Nami also isn't bad for this. I've been practicing with her and if you are aggressive with your bubbling (and later bubble + ult) you can bullying during lane phase + ruin enemy plans during a teamfight.

The other option is to start support then build into more offense. Zyra, Fiddle, and even Karma/Morg/Orianna can do this (and prolly even more). Get a Sightstone for some ward coverage, then Chalice so you can spam abilities more, then whatever works best for the champ in question (always get some wards of course). It's not always ideal, but if your team is terrible buying things like Bulwark/Shur aren't going to mean much, and it's common for a jungler to get Bulwark/Locket now anyway.

I've won quite a few games with Nami recently, but haven't always had a great carry. For example, an Ez and I had a pretty great laning phase, but then he wanted to spend a ton of time roaming for no reason, even leaving our bot tower to lose 80% of it's HP just from creeps, even with me pinging repeatedly and clearing them myself. In situations like that, follow/support those who are functioning properly: a support can still turn a losing duel into a 2 vs 1, and catching 1-2 team members out and staggering their respawns can mean a few towers or inhibs under your belt.

Some good points.

I basically build support but if my team really sucks start building ap after sightstone.

Nami sounds fun and maybe il suck it up and get blitz to.

Kenai

Some good points.

I basically build support but if my team really sucks start building ap after sightstone.

Nami sounds fun and maybe il suck it up and get blitz to.

Nami is great once you learn to catch the enemy with your bubble, but quite mediocre until then. Catching the ADC or support in a 1.5 second stun + AAs from you and your carry early is brutal and adds a lot of pressure. Catching the same person repeatedly is a kill if they don't b so you basically can let your carry CS in peace. Her W and E are no joke either, the extra damage and healing quickly add up. A quick Exhaust > Q + W on someone at ~half health is basically a kill for your ADC unless they are great at disengaging. In teamfights later? People love to stay by each other and it's quite easy to catch 2 or even 3 of them if you ult first, or you could follow up someone else's stun with your own for a brutal CC chain. Even 1.5 secs of their carry not getting in autos or an assassin not being able to run/dive into your carry is enough for them to blow up usually, or at least get others focused on following you up.

But don't be fooled: the bubble is *not* always easy to land, especially if you lag or are up against a solid player. Some people will basically walk into your bubble and give free gold: some will fake you into a miss then go on the offensive. It's still lots of fun for me to practice though.

Azulsky

Played a couple normals last night as Karma mid. She's definitely strong and really fun to play. People don't really know what to do against her either which is awesome. For item builds, rushing Chalice is definitely the way to go, she needs the CDR super badly. Anything less than 30% and you feel like you're waiting forever for Q to come up again.

Can't wait to play more with her. She's probably my favorite mid right now along with Xerath.

Did you feel like as the game went on you were more reliant on your team to do damage.

Seems like her inability to hit anything other than the frontline with her Q means she is best with a kiting team. As compared to Orianna who can place the ball in the middle and use her combo there.

Kenai

Did you feel like as the game went on you were more reliant on your team to do damage.

Seems like her inability to hit anything other than the frontline with her Q means she is best with a kiting team. As compared to Orianna who can place the ball in the middle and use her combo there.

Karma's R + E is pretty bursty, has a pretty big radius and can be used on anything, even a minion. Also, her Q's hitbox is somewhat narrow so that combined with her E's movement speed lets her have some aiming options (though I admit it's certainly not easy). Don't underestimate her healing from R + W either, it's quite good for baiting.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Nami, Lulu, and Janna. They all abilities to engage/disengage, peel for carries, heals or shields. And most importantly of all they can generate picks and capitalize on enemy mistakes.

I made it to gold basically playing nothing but Nami FWIW.

So I played against Corki mid as Lux and got absolutely stomped. How do I deal with this?

- He does AD, AP and true damage
- His leap range is huge and avoids my Q
- When he finally lands I can stun him, but his machinegun keeps firing
- His AoE bomb always damages me no matter how I try to juke it

I generally build glass cannon so is it all about the runes? Or dodge the skillshots and machinegun?

Einbroch

Banned
Einbroch where did you go? We miss you.

Have had a wedding to go to for three weekends in a row now, haven't had much time to play anything. :(

Besides, if I post in the Dota 2 thread Boken will go there and make fun of me. Partially because I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about half the time. Partially because he's Boko.

Neither game I played went much into late game so I can't comment much on that. But she definitely requires a little bit of maneuvering to get into the right spot. You just have to patient with your Q's and go when the opportunity arises.

If you get a Mantra Q in the right spot you can hit a squishy for half their health if they get hit with the follow up explosion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom