• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Hard pressed to find any PBE changes I don't agree with, fundamentally.

Garath said:
I don't even know where to begin. I guess they're cool. Big shift again. Especially for junglers - itemization and camps. They've been fucking with the jungle so much. Forget nerfing nunu, change the jungle.

One the bright side, I don't need to play Nunu.

As long as you can accept the fact I play Teemo, hopefully I can fit in.

I won't mention concurrent numbers at all.

But some of the excuses for the anaemic growth over some months were hilarious "it was the exams!"

Edit: I won't infect this chat with any numbers talk. So ignore that stuff.

Telaso

Banned
No worries on that. Teemo's global taunt is a game changer.

On a serious note Teemo can be really strong if played correctly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Stacking AP, q-ing someone is the one of the best feelings this generation.
lGOxPAZ.jpg
-

I don't agree with the direct intervention in the meta by buffing towers only for the early game. Why not just buff armour for all towers? The inner ones fall so quickly anyway.

And besides, people are already developing counters for the strategy (slow-push "sixth man" strat), and even counters for that strategy (assassins to prevent this happening).

The meta changes on its own.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I don't agree with the direct intervention in the meta by buffing towers only for the early game. Why not just buff armour for all towers? The inner ones fall so quickly anyway.

And besides, people are already developing counters for the strategy (slow-push "sixth man" strat), and even counters for that strategy (assassins to prevent this happening).

The meta changes on its own.

Riot has a vision for how their game should be played and come hell or high water people are going to adhere to it.

They should give the community 2-3 months to figure things out before tinkering with balance.

Boken

Banned
Someone give me an ETA on Lucian. Lie to me if you have to.
Next week point 5
I got chucked out of the Dota 2 thread :'(

Will you guys be my friends?
Wow,tough crowd. But srsly, it's like comparing the psp sales to ds sales. Apples and oranges man, you can see why they would get upset.
Riot has a vision for how their game should be played and come hell or high water people are going to adhere to it.

They should give the community 2-3 months to figure things out before tinkering with balance.
The thing is, Na has finally picked up on it while Korea has been doing it for 8 months or something.

High mobility assassins hasn't countered the strategy, but is really a thing that works in very specific circumstances.

You should be happy tho. Maybe they'll eventually turn into Dota towers

Wow,tough crowd. But srsly, it's like comparing the psp sales to ds sales. Apples and oranges man, you can see why they would get upset.

It was all a joke, all tongue in cheek :'(

I don't even like LoL it's for babies.

that's a joke before I get kicked out of this thread as well

This 2 v 1 meta has been going for that long though. Like, Korea has been doing it for ages and NA picked it up towards the mid-end of last LCS split.

Riot decided they don't like it any more, and tbh neither do I. It's crowding other competitive strategies because at the moment it's simply "better". It should be an optional thing that works in some situations. I also find it incredibly boring to watch.

It also breeds team comps that are designed to completely avoid interaction with the enemy team like VES' jungle Ezreal push comp.

At least by nerfing 2 v 1s slightly they open the game up to more strategies, rather than the really stagnant strategies now.

Not that there's like no counterplay to it, you just have to very specifically counter it. Which is basically how MVP Ozone won the last OGN split. They just played to specifically counter the 2 v 1 lane fast pushes.

Boken

Banned
2v1 has to be the superior meta

a symmetrically unbalanced map creates more decision making

the only thing they really need to do is to make the leeg towers not made out of paper

and start designing bruisers like "carries" so that you can actually bruiser/support and make it worth it

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
2v1 has to be the superior meta

a symmetrically unbalanced map creates more decision making
this is the part where i post a picture of a dice rolling around. i couldn't find a fancy .gif though.

Boken

Banned
MID AP LULU GUIDE
7cGNLEe.png

mid ap lulu is pretty great still her strenghts are in harassing and wave pushing

you start with flask and 2 red 1 blue

max Q because thats your bread and butter poke. try to position yourself that when you E the enemy caster minion and Q to harass, you hit the minion wave. free harass AND poke. this is seriously next level shit. its so dirty and efficient. if the jungler comes and ganks, just W him and walk away! if he has ranged cc, W yourself and run away!

AP lulu is srsly so good. You can push then gank (W yourself into range, E support, Q to slow them both, rush up and ult yourself omg da initiate), or just push and harass the hell out of the enemy mid laner under their tower with E-Q combos or if youre ballsy, just Q.

make sure you buy two wards each time you back because you should be getting heaps of farm and will be pushing a lot. make sure you waste the junglers time and pretend you dont see him while you clearly do.

get a chalice (vs magic mid) or tear + armguard (phys mid). if chalice, finish it and go dcap. otherwise morellos is pretty good. lulu really needs cdr for more poke and utility power

Subtle

MID AP LULU GUIDE
7cGNLEe.png

mid ap lulu is pretty great still her strenghts are in harassing and wave pushing

you start with flask and 2 red 1 blue

max Q because thats your bread and butter poke. try to position yourself that when you E the enemy caster minion and Q to harass, you hit the minion wave. free harass AND poke. this is seriously next level shit. its so dirty and efficient. if the jungler comes and ganks, just W him and walk away! if he has ranged cc, W yourself and run away!

AP lulu is srsly so good. You can push then gank (W yourself into range, E support, Q to slow them both, rush up and ult yourself omg da initiate), or just push and harass the hell out of the enemy mid laner under their tower with E-Q combos or if youre ballsy, just Q.

make sure you buy two wards each time you back because you should be getting heaps of farm and will be pushing a lot. make sure you waste the junglers time and pretend you dont see him while you clearly do.

get a chalice (vs magic mid) or tear + armguard (phys mid). if chalice, finish it and go dcap. otherwise morellos is pretty good. lulu really needs cdr for more poke and utility power

Subtle approved

going through one of those spells. Last 7 or so games have not exactly been fun. Still been a mix of wins and losses but damn its just dumb game after dumb game.

Yesterday its was

Game 1 - 3 of us all mid. So I change and go ADC. Other dude stays silent. counter is ticking and someone says for him to go support. He just says no and picks Yi. Then proceeds to steal all he CS with that stupid jump and kill everything move so I as the ADC get left behind. We win but damn is it boring being ADC in a game like that.

Game 2 - I go support. Just a run of the mill crap ADC and other team just better over all so it was a simple slow loss.

Game 3 - I go mid Twisted Fate. With have 2 tops and no jungle. Oh well its not always bad that way. Zed is clearly outmatching me so I just play it defensive. Zed manages to get fed from all lanes and becomes a killing machine. The worst part was that Riven who was top just decided to come and hang out in mid rather than just let me play defensive. Meant we were both now underleved and had low CS. (at end of game Zed was a lvl 30 with almost 400 wins so I was totally out experinced by him anyway)

Game is seriously full of idiots and it can really ruin a game. When this game is good its really damn good but it doesnt half like to dump you in crap games for a while after a series of decent ones. I tried to go back to draft pick games but after 15 mins of people disconnecting because they didnt get the champ they wanted I remembered why I stopped them in the first place.

Boken

Banned
going through one of those spells. Last 7 or so games have not exactly been fun. Still been a mix of wins and losses but damn its just dumb game after dumb game.

Yesterday its was

Game 1 - 3 of us all mid. So I change and go ADC. Other dude stays silent. counter is ticking and someone says for him to go support. He just says no and picks Yi. Then proceeds to steal all he CS with that stupid jump and kill everything move so I as the ADC get left behind. We win but damn is it boring being ADC in a game like that.

Game 2 - I go support. Just a run of the mill crap ADC and other team just better over all so it was a simple slow loss.

Game 3 - I go mid Twisted Fate. With have 2 tops and no jungle. Oh well its not always bad that way. Zed is clearly outmatching me so I just play it defensive. Zed manages to get fed from all lanes and becomes a killing machine. The worst part was that Riven who was top just decided to come and hang out in mid rather than just let me play defensive. Meant we were both now underleved and had low CS. (at end of game Zed was a lvl 30 with almost 400 wins so I was totally out experinced by him anyway)

Game is seriously full of idiots and it can really ruin a game. When this game is good its really damn good but it doesnt half like to dump you in crap games for a while after a series of decent ones. I tried to go back to draft pick games but after 15 mins of people disconnecting because they didnt get the champ they wanted I remembered why I stopped them in the first place.

You should try ranked - not because ranked is inherently better (I think it is a little) but because it gives you the opportunity to play with a fresh ELO and avoid the troll region... that is if you arent meant to be in there, unfortunately.

my kingdom for make everybody in the world an intelligent and reasonable human being button

daxy

Hadn't played SR in a while and almost forgot how putrid some of the players can be. Been staying on the ARAM side of things where everything's a bit more lighthearted usually. Anyway, all boundaries were crossed, everyone and their mothers offended and a slow cancerous death wished upon all our team.

I haven't enjoyed winning a game like this in a long time, just to deny my spiteful opponents the satisfaction. Hopefully Tribunal will take care of them in time.

On another note, why isn't Rengar played more than he is (competitively)? I've started playing him a bit recently and he seems to fit right in with the likes of Kha'Zix and Zed, but with possibly even better tower shredding potential.

Let the Aram relax you.

Yeah I think thats my plan. That worked last time

You should try ranked - not because ranked is inherently better (I think it is a little) but because it gives you the opportunity to play with a fresh ELO and avoid the troll region... that is if you arent meant to be in there, unfortunately.

my kingdom for make everybody in the world an intelligent and reasonable human being button

Lvl 29. almost able to do ranked but not yet.

Im not gonna stop playing like last time Im just gonna either play some ARAM or play another game for a few days then come back. Games to good when its good to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom