• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Is there a way to tell which characters do magic damage or attack damage? I usually just look at the items they're building.
Items are fastest. Magic damage appears purple in the floating text. And if all else fails, the damage recap will tell you
Riot thx.
Friendly fire incoming, take that dota!

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyghSM_70ME
Because fuck you ADC.
Fuck, I wanted to mess with this.
Riot anti fun

Lucian not coming out until at least 3.11 is so disappointing. Why even put him in this patch if he's not going to be out for at least another month.
He's not in the patch
jVJwpiSlh4KOy.png

the fuck is this fucking shit
Fuck
How is the yi rework looking as far as his power level is concerned? Haven't got to try him out yet.
I still thunk he should go mid

When I see someone be all like "duo bot" I wanna smash my screen. Really just afk in champ select and take the -3lp. It's so worth.
Please guys duo bots can be good

My first encounter with the new Spirit Visage is our Heca building it against
Zed Aatrox Ez Janna Shen
when I asked him why he didnt invest the gold into a Sunfire he told me he needed the passive.
He also went for Swift Boots.
To my utter surprise we did not win.

Azulsky

They had a red post saying he is going to remain on PBE for the time being for testing.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=40313018#post40313018

COPY PASTED FROM EUW. IT WILL LOOK COPY PASTED BECAUSE IT KIND OF IS. Update on Lucian:

SO.

I know everyone’s itching to get their hands on Lucian so you can wreck face with him, but he’s not gonna be going live with this patch. We’d like to keep him on PBE for some additional testing and analysis. There’s still a little work to finish before he’s ready for prime time.

As we continue to shoot for more stable, bug-free and quality patches, sometimes content – including champions! – will be spending a little more time marinating on the PBE before we can flip the switch for everyone. Just because a champ’s on the PBE doesn’t mean they’ll necessarily be released in the next patch. We’re more concerned about getting it right and making sure the live experience is great!

If you’ve got a PBE account, please help us by playing some games with Lucian and reporting your feedback on the PBE community boards (http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/).

Thanks for your patience!

I wasnt super excited by him on PBE. I feel like they are running out of AD carry archetypes.

Boken

Banned
Check your champion page in your profile.

All his files are in this patch, he's just unavailable.
hey im sorrrrry im at work
My first encounter with the new Spirit Visage is our Heca building it against
Zed Aatrox Ez Janna Shen
when I asked him why he didnt invest the gold into a Sunfire he told me he needed the passive.
He also went for Swift Boots.
To my utter surprise we did not win.
swift boots are pretty decent against blue ez actually!
So is Aegis/Locket now a support tier item? Stats seem to meager for Junglers.
Its either support tier or 'enemy team has a lot of magical aoe' tier, rather than 'buy this every game' tier
They had a red post saying he is going to remain on PBE for the time being for testing.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=40313018#post40313018

I wasnt super excited by him on PBE. I feel like they are running out of AD carry archetypes.
i think that once they realise that melee have negative scaling (fk you panda), theyll be able to expand the adcarry trope

i think there are some ranged adc archetypes that havent been explored yet:
-weapon swapping adc
-a proper hunter/ranger with a pet
-an AP auto attacker (like kayle but always on)
-dagger throwing adc
-an adc with a machine gun

i think that once they realise that melee have negative scaling (fk you panda), theyll be able to expand the adcarry trope

-weapon swapping adc
-dagger throwing adc

so like xerath but with AD?

Boken

Banned
so like xerath but with AD?
i dunno what the current iteration of his ult is

i was thinking a weapon with a burst fire mode like jayce w, but a key component of his kit and targeted so he cant use it on towers like an asshole. he should have mid-long cd (outside of his w) so that manamune isnt OP on him. Basically, like WR ult
targeted - gain max attack speed for 5 shots on your target, dealing 25% damage per shot. changing targets will remove the buff.
maybe auto attacks on champions will reduce the cooldown of it or something

itd have a grenade tube on it too, cos all machine guns have them. the grenade will have a tiny knockback effect, cos it just makes sense

i dunno what the current iteration of his ult is

i was thinking a weapon with a burst fire mode like jayce w, but a key component of his kit and targeted so he cant use it on towers like an asshole. he should have mid-long cd (outside of his w) so that manamune isnt OP on him. Basically, like WR ult
targeted - gain max attack speed for 5 shots on your target, dealing 25% damage per shot. changing targets will remove the buff.
maybe auto attacks on champions will reduce the cooldown of it or something

itd have a grenade tube on it too, cos all machine guns have them. the grenade will have a tiny knockback effect, cos it just makes sense

see I was thinking like he's able to 'deploy' and have a rapid fire attack where he double his ASPD or something

Kenai

-weapon swapping adc
-dagger throwing adc

I know Quinn is good now, but I am kinda sad she didn't turn out like that.

I was also hoping Lucian was a weapon swapper type with his dual guns or an AP autoer since they look "magic" ish, but I am not sure how to balance the former and the latter might be more interesting than I can give it credit for.

I also think they could stand to use another ADC or two with some good constant range. Caitlyn and Ez are ok but they have been around forever, I dislike so many short range ADCs.

Boken

Banned
see I was thinking like he's able to 'deploy' and have a rapid fire attack where he double his ASPD or something

that could be a thing too

but adc dont wanna stand still so it might be another quinn

and his ult could be him taking out a rocket launcher and shoot a homing rocket that picks up speed and chases his target, eventually exploding in a large aoe, putting a major slow in the area also

I don't. I find that there is a small delay when you only want to smart cast and don't want to see the indicators. It throws me off.

I just use shift-Q-W-E-R to normal cast.

I don't understand why that delay exists though. From everything i've heard, smartcast works on the same principles both with and without range indicators. You press the button, and then the spell casts on release of the button. It's very odd.

Boken

Banned
I don't understand why that delay exists though. From everything i've heard, smartcast works on the same principles both with and without range indicators. You press the button, and then the spell casts on release of the button. It's very odd.
i swear its:

smartcast - cast on key press

smartcast with indicators - cast on key release.

-------
i use qwer for smart and shift + qwer for normal cast as well

i swear its:

smartcast - cast on key press

smartcast with indicators - cast on key release.

This is correct, I played at a cyber cafe recently and it was the first thing I noticed after rebinding my keys but forgetting to turn on range indicators. I usually like to line up my skillshots before releasing so it was instantly noticeable.

scy

Smartcast is on press; Ranged Indicators is on release.

garath

No. Without range indicators the spell casts when you press the button. With indicators it casts on release of the button. That's the cause of the delay.

I smartcast without indicators. Shift cast to normal cast.

Edit: whoops. Didn't refresh the page before replying. Beat like a dead horse.

Boken

Banned
EUW? i just hit B1 and i get terrible team mates, we could duo.

Just hit Bronze II, I'm getting good at this :)

Fellow B1 EUW here.

hey if only we had a list of players we could find to see if anybody in our rank will wanna duo
hey! surprise!

lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

looks like philipcostigan and programIX can duo with you guys

and as a bonus, heres a picture of lux. my gf doesnt like her expression but screw it
byC1rUN.png

garath

Sad thing is, the only game I played where I cursed was with my friend and we were telling each other "fuck you <champion name>" every time we died.

It was right after that game I got that warning.

Fucking fuck.

That was probably the report that spawned the warning but I think I remember them saying that the warning only pops if you have been reported a lot lately.

Boken

Banned
For those that care: [S3 World Championships Info]

the Taiwan s3 WC qualifiers is going on right now.

TPA have been knocked out and will not make it to the SEA playoffs for their two spots in the World Championships

The remaining teams in the tournament are: Taipei Snipers, Wayi Spider, and in the lower bracket: Gamania Bears, ahq and CGA Ls

Can't be worse than Kitty Kat Kat. And think of the fanart!

kitty kat kat isnt bdsm, its cosplay

Kenai

For those that care: [S3 World Championships Info]

the Taiwan s3 WC qualifiers is going on right now.

TPA have been knocked out and will not make it to the SEA playoffs for their two spots in the World Championships

The remaining teams in the tournament are: Taipei Snipers, Wayi Spider, and in the lower bracket: Gamania Bears, ahq and CGA Ls

I feel my true mark as a low ELO scrub is barely knowing anything about these teams. I need to watch more and find some favorites to dream about having the carrying skills of.

kitty kat kat isnt bdsm, its cosplay

I feel like the only line to be drawn between the two is what you can legally get away with (although the OG Slay Belle skin recall might have been pushing it I guess).

Could make the whip user a yordle? Male yordel, no one would even try looking.

Boken

Banned
I feel my true mark as a low ELO scrub is barely knowing anything about these teams. I need to watch more and find some favorites to dream about having the carrying skills of.
theyre specifically taiwanese teams, which is a subset of the SEA region. its pretty specific knowledge, so dont feel bad.

the stars in taiwan right now are
TPS - taipei snipers, sister team of the s2 champions, TPA. TPS was formed after tpa won s2 worlds and the shotcaller of TPA, mistake was taken to form TPS. TPA had many problems after this, one of them was that they lacked a real shotcaller. mistake was considered the brains of TPA and many consider TPS to be the star team in taiwan now)
AHQ taiwan is also a relatively new team and was formed with many solo queue superstars i believe. also considered a top 3 team in taiwan.
wayi spider is an incredibly young team (4 months old), i know nothing of them.

Sejuani uses a flail type weapon.
oh yeah, forgot she existed.
This is one of the greatest games of all time. Can't believe it took me so long to discover it
haha, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom