• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Next week needs to come right now. All BO5, dear god.

kIiUeML.jpg

Boken

Banned
Next week needs to come right now. All BO5, dear god.

the brackets:
6fpymDb.png

Regarding Korea at Worlds - because they dont have a league system but instead run tournaments (OGN), 2 of their 3 worlds spots will be via circuit points and 1 will be a regional qualifier.

right now the current points standings are:
BMsGQwT.png

The is only one OGN left to give points and the distribution is as is:
1st +400
2nd +200
3rd +150
4th +100

NJBS are out of the OGN, but will gain at least +10 points from NLB, and at a max of +100. NJBS: 510-600

Both CJ teams are currently on 300 points - first place in this OGN will give them 400, second place, 200. Both CJ teams are in the same half of the tournament - only one can win the tournament, and the other can obtain a max of 3rd. Winning the tournament will definitely secure them a world spot (700 points) - 3rd place will put them behind NJBS at 450. if they place 2nd, the team will be on 500, and will need mvp ozone to fuck up and lose in the quarters and then come at the best 2nd at NLB (this will give MVP ozone 490).

MVP Ozone are at 420 - if they lose in the quarters they will go to NLB with a minimum of +20, up to a maximum of 100 if they win. if they pass the quarters, they will be on 520 points minimum and 3rd place will give them a good chance of a world spot (NJBS must place 2nd or below) and 2nd place will guarantee them a spot at worlds.

KTB can make it to worlds if they win this OGN and either ozone doesnt make it to 2nd place, or NJBS doesnt make first at NLB

tl;dr:
- 2 korean worlds spots from circuit points
- CJB, CJF and KTB need to win this OGN to secure a spot
- MVP Ozone need to make it to 2nd

tafer

Welp, I learned something new today. As a jungler, I really shouldn't show my face on a lane with a snowballed champion.

And on other hand, what are some good "cs benchmarks" I should keep in mind?
For example:
10 minutes - 80cs
20 minutes - 200cs, etc.
The idea is to have a reference number of my performance to help measure my current situation. I know, like everything else, it is quite relative. But it may come in handy under certain circumstances.

Ferga

You can't buff panth late game without reworking or making him completely useless first. He is too easy to snowball and dominate with.

Subtle

Just got stomped so hard. Poppy+Janna top vs Riven. Ugh. So depressing. It felt like normals but was ranked. Ended up afking since all other lanes lost hard too.

Our jungler wouldn't even duo with me

Boken

Banned
Really? Omg, need to know the changes now!

You can't buff panth late game without reworking or making him completely useless first. He is too easy to snowball and dominate with.

I just hope they give him a VU and a teeny tiny buff to his late game
I think the rumblings are that they want to make him more of a bruiser with high damage on low health targets
yeah, sounds familiar except this guy has a spear so fk u darius
Just got stomped so hard. Poppy+Janna top vs Riven. Ugh. So depressing. It felt like normals but was ranked. Ended up afking since all other lanes lost hard too.
Our jungler wouldn't even duo with me
you afked? you monster. and this is evidence why we dont have 2v1 lanes in solo queue
ppl be crazy

------
COMIC TIME!
9yrfG5E.jpg

8F4Oy.jpg

hey! surprise! find somebody to duo with you suckers

lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

AdventChild

Neo Member
Pantheon was my first mastered LoL champ. Im really good landing my ult: stealing objectives, ganking, killng low hp enemyes that runs into their jungle, killing splited adcs...

Maybe, its no top tier champ, but i think that a Pantheon with 4 or 5 early-mid kills, is able to destroy at late game. In fact, he brings me to bronze 1 from 4 so easy.

The rework hypes me.

bjaelke

I'm not suggestion you burst someone down with Shen. I'm talking about getting him into the enemy comp, so he can aoe taunt.

And Pantheon has a 1.0 AP ratio on his ult, which is all the burst you need.

Newt

I'm not suggestion you burst someone down with Shen. I'm talking about getting him into the enemy comp, so he can aoe taunt.

And Pantheon has a 1.0 AP ratio on his ult, which is all the burst you need.
Oh, that's actually pretty funny using panth to deliver shen. Isn't that kinda a waste of the shield though?

Ferga

I skipped plat 2 and went straight to plat 1. Oh baby. Diamond, here I come.

35 games so far in plat. Only 4 losses. All Udyr. OP.

I'm Gold II but I actually belong in Plat I, stupid randoms in ranked, it's always their fault. Will not duo - everybody is trash

Boken, please.

Subtle

I think the rumblings are that they want to make him more of a bruiser with high damage on low health targets
yeah, sounds familiar except this guy has a spear so fk u darius

you afked? you monster. and this is evidence why we dont have 2v1 lanes in solo queue
ppl be crazy

------
COMIC TIME!
9yrfG5E.jpg

8F4Oy.jpg

hey! surprise! find somebody to duo with you suckers

lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

I mean they had a 20 kill lead, our Leona was afk already and I was having zero fun. Doesn't seem that crazy to me. This was my first time voluntarily afking though.

Oh well. Has anyone tried the third person mods?

Edit: ap panth anyone?

bjaelke

Oh, that's actually pretty funny using panth to deliver shen. Isn't that kinda a waste of the shield though?

I don't necessarily think it's a waste if you're able to catch someone by surprise. I've seen similar plays with Twitch/Eve transporting Shen to the battle and they're certainly more in need of a shield.

Decided to try my first placing match last night. Ok lets give it a shot.

I go support and pick Nami. We have Zyra mid, horse man in the jungle, the walking rock monster top and ez bot with me. Yeah this can work I think.

The have Varus and Sona bot with us, xin in jungle and my memory fails me who the other 2 were.

So we go bot. Make sure we arn't gonna get jumped and help with blue. Ok everyone knew what they were doing there thats a good sign.

Me and ez go bot.

We spend a few moments farming, poking and I ward the river.

So far so good.

We get the upper hand and I land a bubble on sona and she almost dies so retreats, Awesome, I think lets use this time to harass Varus and get some farm over them all while I keep an eye on the map for their jungle......

Ez??? EZ??? EEZZZZ WTF are you doing? He decides to finish off sona and run round the back. Of course he does this so obviously that Vayne just runs to intercept him and by then sona is long gone. By this point Ez is where there trolls are, Im trying tohelp but all im thinking is any second Xin is gonna turn up and gank you stupid. He failed to get Sona so I assumed he was gonna come back in lane.

NOPE. He just hangs about there doing fuck knows what. Varus is staying within towers reach and we don't have the power to tower dive as we are just a few mins in. Not to mention there Varus seemed to know how to play his char pretty well.

Anyway before I have time to type (this all happened pretty fast) xin turns up. I ping but Ez has zero chance. He dies and I retreat to tower.

EZ - "wards nami".

I had warded. I just hadn't warded the 3 directions xin could have come from their jungle because he had massively over extended. In a game with mics where he could have explained what he was doing then maybe.

What ever I let it go.

Sona goes AFK from disconnect so we now at an advantage so might be OK.

NOPE. Ez spends the entire game over extending and fighting people with only 10% life left. Our team spent more time pinging Ez to fall back than doing anything else. Normally I would stay with him but he was under levelled and under geared and couldn't do any damage so hanging out with him in the middle of no where would just mean giving 2 kills to them rather than 1.

Needless to say we got destroyed. Ez was like 1/12/1 at the end.

Realised that night was not a night for LoL. So I loaded up my other PC and tried to get Dark souls working. Nope still wont work and not in the mood to work out what the hell GFWL is doing so I fired up tomb raider as I havn't played it yet. After an hour of pressing forward to watch shit happen I got bored. Went to bed and played a bit of soul sacrifice.

Maybe il have better luck tonight.

garath

Got a chance to play some Elise last night. The new rappel is not as strong. I didn't realize that bug about being able to execute skills on descent but I definitely noticed not being able to. The rappel circle is a little more firm now with the range. I think they did more than just reducing the drop range though. It used to be that if you initiated rappel on someone and they flashed or some other escape move, you'd still drop on top of them (even if it's WAY out of the circle). Now it seems like you only drop in their direction the max distance of the circle. Didn't have anyone try to flash out of it but I've dropped where I'm barely in range for a Q and not at all in melee range. That never happened before. And can't use rappel to put tower aggro on the spiderlings anymore either.

Overall I think it's a good change. It doesn't affect her power but removes some of the "unfair" aspect of her kit.

Had a real hard time with the new Yi in the jungle my first game though. He was out trading me almost from the get go. Not really used to that as Elise. He spent the early game doing nothing but farming and then around 15 min or so just started ganking. and abusing all the lanes. Especially bot lane. New Yi pretty strong.

garath

I guess I'll buy the Nasus skin. He's kind of fallen out of favor but still a good jungler. I kind of like the Stargate skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom