• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah, new Yi is kind of ridiculous because now he's actually useful outside of mashing Q, and doesn't need his ult to get resets.

People aren't used to Yi actually being a useful champion now. They will in time.

Blizzard

Banned
I remember the day when Master Yi used to be annoying with teleport backdoors and running away at high speed. I would imagine he can simply do that again, possibly with some added AD bonus from his rework stuff.

I lost a game horribly yesterday with Master Yi on my team top lane. I think he had 5 deaths or so early...yet still kept his tower and took the top 2 enemy towers or something like that. It was kind of weird but possibly par for the course.

Boken

Banned
what i see is an adcaster with decent survivability who can auto attack incredibly well

hes basically zed with less burst, more survivability, and a shit more sustained damage

ergo - gross

drawkcaB

no way, especially not after w nerfs to hp scaling. there are so many it is not even worth listing.

her clear times and damage are underwhelming, along with her dueling, and her lack of sustain makes her feel like one of the weaker junglers when it actually comes to clearing camps.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you guys were talking about initial clear. Even then, I disagree with the assessment that she's terrible. What I will say is that her innate damage isn't great, but her scaling off of items is very strong. So I guess I can see where you're coming from if we're talking about today's game of low gold junglers.

Did people forget how AD Yi worked? He's always been like that: hurts if fed, susceptible to CC and nukes. His mid-game power spike is even weaker because you can now itemize against his initial Q nuke, and he gets far less AD from E.

I guess people got so used to seeing AP Yi now, which was considered trash until it suddenly became popular.

Boken

Banned
Did people forget how AD Yi worked? He's always been like that: hurts if fed, susceptible to CC and nukes. His mid-game power spike is even weaker because you can now itemize against his initial Q nuke, and he gets far less AD from E.

I guess people got so used to seeing AP Yi now, which was considered trash until it suddenly became popular.
AD yi could never spam his Q for huge AOE damage in team fights

this is basically AD yi + AP yi. Less obnoxious than AP yi in lane, but way worse in a team fight.

I dunno. All these cries for nerfs strike me as knee jerk reactions after seeing a Yi get fed. It's only been 2 days, and people just hate losing. They haven't learned to play against him yet. He's no vanilla Vayne nor Graves nor remake Eve.

Sometimes I just really dislike the vocal crowd mentality of the community.

Newt

So I just played against a Sivir, something that's pretty rare for me. She's pretty much garbage unless you have like a specific team comp for her. Even against cait she loses hard in mid game. Take a little bit of what you gave to Yi to her.

He's beyond broken. I was beating one in lane phase 3-0... and he comes back and carries the team. If it weren't for the intentionally feeding Chogath, we probably would've lost.

Uh, I played a game like that, our Elise top vs Yi, he was like 0/2 but 20 cs ahead, and yet he was doing triple kills with easy. I'll give him some credit, after taking one of the outer tower, he came after us (ahri and graves) using his ult, I had my E ready to charm/slow him before he used his Q as gap closer, but he flashed over my E, granted isn't that hard to flash over Ahri's E (since it's really slow) but I wasn't expecting a Master Yi to pull that off, then he dodged Graves ult with his Q, and killed both of us, after that, he could kill almost everybody with easy. Heck, my friend got his first pentakill with this Master Yi... and he couldn't do that with AP Yi.

I got a Dawngate beta key. Does anybody know a place to learn the game? Tomorrow the beta servers will be online, and I want to know a little about the game before playing, I only know there is only PvP, or I think so.

I've been trying her a solo AoE bruiser, and it hasn't worked well for me because every single game was a 4v5 for some reason. Went up against Renek, Amumu and Teemo and won every time. Experimenting with a RWQE build. So far my rush items were boots and Muramana.

Eventual build would be Berserker/Merc/Ionian, Muramana, Cleaver, Gauntlet, Maw, BT/LW/Mallet. I haven't reached a complete build yet. I'm still a bit iffy on Mallet since I don't need the extra chasing power.

I got a Dawngate beta key. Does anybody know a place to learn the game? Tomorrow the beta servers will be online, and I want to know a little about the game before playing, I only know there is only PvP, or I think so.
I only got to play it for one PvP game since the server times are always at the wee hours of the morning.

From what I played, it also has summoner spells. The difference is that you unlock them via leveling up in the actual game and you pick from a variety. It has several equivalents from LoL. The items are weird. They're not really items but... properties? Traits?

I tried jungling but the EXP/Gold income was pretty low. People in chat told me it was because they nerfed the jungle pretty hard because junglers were quickly outleveling laners.

Boken

Banned
Sivir isn't even a counter to caitlyn

They really need to give her permanent bounce attack back. just make it reduce all damage dealt and a toggle that drains mana per second. In return, allow it to proc on hit effects.

Yeah, just because she can spellshield traps and Cait's ult doesn't mean she hardcounters. 150 range difference is way way too big to ignore.

I think a toggle would be fine. Either that or make the bounces prioritize champs and be able to bounce on the same target. Making bounces proc on-hits would make her reeeeeally strong with BorK.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Wow, tonight was truly the night of the retards.

Like 10 ARAM losses in a row, kept at it just to see how deep the rabbit hole went. And it goes all the way down to fucking china.

You'd think getting matched against Bronzies would be an easy win but when your teammates are in Wood 4, brazilian and/or disconnect 5 minutes in - it can be quite the sight.

If only LOLReplay worked I could've gotten material for ten youtube videos.

Newt

Wow, tonight was truly the night of the retards.

Like 10 ARAM losses in a row, kept at it just to see how deep the rabbit hole went. And it goes all the way down to fucking china.

You'd think getting matched against Bronzies would be an easy win but when your teammates are in Wood 4, brazilian and/or disconnect 5 minutes in - it can be quite the sight.

If only LOLReplay worked I could've gotten material for ten youtube videos.
Well you can't really judge people for playing badly in ARAM. ARAM is probably the best place for bad players, they can improve there.

Boken

Banned
Yeah, just because she can spellshield traps and Cait's ult doesn't mean she hardcounters. 150 range difference is way way too big to ignore.

I think a toggle would be fine. Either that or make the bounces prioritize champs and be able to bounce on the same target. Making bounces proc on-hits would make her reeeeeally strong with BorK.
Well the idea is that the damage reduction applies to on hit effects as well

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Well you can't really judge people for playing badly in ARAM. ARAM is probably the best place for bad players, they can improve there.

No but I can judge people for:

- AFKing mid game
- Standing still on Cassiopeia pools and the like
- Being a 4 man retard pack and trying to get me reported for no reason
- Facechecking the bush where the enemy team is obviously in with 3 people still at base
- etc. etc.

Really, it's not a case of people not knowing how to use a champ. They went full retard.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Worse than Maloaki? I just want a champ that has decent ganking potential before 6 while being somewhat user friendly due to noobness. I know W was nerfed but it was that bad huh?
i think mao has decent clears early on. i wouldn't really recommend sejuani to people learning to jungle. she is very weak to counter ganks and invades, and needs to be more cautious than other junglers because she is fairly weak early on and lacks sustain.

xin zhao, j4, and udyr are all strong junglers with good early games and easy clears.

but i'm a proponent of people playing what they find fun most. easiest way to really get into a role. jungling is really easy tbh, it's just something you have to get a feel for.

Kenai

i think mao has decent clears early on. i wouldn't really recommend sejuani to people learning to jungle. she is very weak to counter ganks and invades, and needs to be more cautious than other junglers because she is fairly weak early on and lacks sustain.

xin zhao, j4, and udyr are all strong junglers with good early games and easy clears.

but i'm a proponent of people playing what they find fun most. easiest way to really get into a role. jungling is really easy tbh, it's just something you have to get a feel for.

I'll look into that, thanks. I do kind of like Udyr aesthetics even if I don't know how to play him. I can always learn. I just don't want to be hypnotized by a pretty skin and throw for my team.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Played a game of DOTA2 today. I went mid weaver. Got there first. a minute later a dude comes mid and constantly pings and says he's mid, tells me to go bot, and repeatedly calls me a noob on chat and in voicechat. I don't say anything. Eventually he gets sick of it and he disconnects. Two other people disconnect as a result and it's a 2v5. Spirit Breaker and I get about 5 kills after this and I guess one of their team members had a problem or something so it became a 2v4. We just snowballed like crazy and won. Lulz. Spirit Breaker + Weaver OP.

Ken

Played a game of DOTA2 today. I went mid weaver. Got there first. a minute later a dude comes mid and constantly pings and says he's mid, tells me to go bot, and repeatedly calls me a noob on chat and in voicechat. I don't say anything. Eventually he gets sick of it and he disconnects. Two other people disconnect as a result and it's a 2v5. Spirit Breaker and I get about 5 kills after this and I guess one of their team members had a problem or something so it became a 2v4. We just snowballed like crazy and won. Lulz. Spirit Breaker + Weaver OP.

excuse me that's not league o pantaloons

Yondy604

Banned
played a rank today, we were up all game, the team was trolling hard, i try to type instructions, they ignored it, and of course we lose after 50 m with 3 inhibs down.

I fucking give up, gonna be gold 1 for all eternity

Boken

Banned
yeah this weekend is when kayos quits again

no he quits after next wednesday

played a rank today, we were up all game, the team was trolling hard, i try to type instructions, they ignored it, and of course we lose after 50 m with 3 inhibs down.

I fucking give up, gonna be gold 1 for all eternity

dont give up

yla rex was gold 1 for 80 games or something
now hes plat ii

Ferga

no he quits after next wednesday

dont give up

yla rex was gold 1 for 80 games or something
now hes plat ii

Plat 1. Get it right mate.

And I was in gold 1 for 200 games or so. Lost years off my life trying to get to plat.

My journey to plat 1 so far has been the same as my journey through gold and silver.
30 or so games to get to division 1 then just a brick wall at division 1.

Boken

Banned
Plat 1. Get it right mate.

And I was in gold 1 for 200 games or so. Lost years off my life trying to get to plat.

My journey to plat 1 so far has been the same as my journey through gold and silver.
30 or so games to get to division 1 then just a brick wall at division 1.

if you were on OCE you could actually join a pro-team

Q8D3vil

Yi is just fucking broken, True damage should never scale with ad and the fact that his E have no mana cost is just the cherry on top.
that being said, i laned against him twice and destroyed the hell out of him and made sure every time he hank mid i follow him and kill him again and make sure he stay useless for the rest of the game.

if you were on OCE you could actually join a pro-team

That reminds me, today/tomorrow is the finals in LAN/LATAM. I'm hyped.

I'm just a bit sad I didn't get a shirt of the ADC Marksman of the team I'm following, someone did a bid of 168 USD, that is too much for a shirt of a player that doesn't stream. ):

I only wish they would have done the event in another place, right now it will be in an auditorium, with a capacity of around 3,900 people (it's supposed to be 4,000), considering the tickets were sold out in less than 48 hours, I'm pretty sure they could have filled the National Auditorium, now THAT would have been awesome. (its capacity is of 10,000, but the place is awesome, even if tickets would have cost 10 times more.)

AdventChild

Neo Member
I really think that Shyvanna is a top tier jungler right now. 9/21 with atk speed runes. Superb clear speed, superb dmg if u upgrade W and then E first. Easy counterjungle. Gank by the back enemy pushed lanes and get a kill almost for sure. Build golem, frozen mallet, sunfire..etc and own late game as a high dmg tank.

Boken

Banned
Renekton, currently the most broken top in the game (for gold leaguer like me anyway).

i am convinced new yi is meant to go mid.

That reminds me, today/tomorrow is the finals in LAN/LATAM. I'm hyped.

I'm just a bit sad I didn't get a shirt of the ADC Marksman of the team I'm following, someone did a bid of 168 USD, that is too much for a shirt of a player that doesn't stream. ):

I only wish they would have done the event in another place, right now it will be in an auditorium, with a capacity of around 3,900 people (it's supposed to be 4,000), considering the tickets were sold out in less than 48 hours, I'm pretty sure they could have filled the National Auditorium, now THAT would have been awesome. (its capacity is of 10,000, but the place is awesome, even if tickets would have cost 10 times more.)
man, brasil seems like such an awesome place

sexy girls
love league
beach
cocktails and beers

what else do you need

le bip

Neo Member
Finally got my gaf account validated, now I can post screenshots and stories to show how bad I am at this game. Oh, I'm le bip on the EUW server, folks who play there already know me.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i didn't believe in mister yi until i played him. i'm sorry i ever doubted you.

Played my second ranked match last night.

Let everyone else pick there lanes so I was jungle which is fine by me. So I went Nasus. I prob did the best jungling I have ever done. Went from blue to wolves, straight to red then bot. Didn't quite get the gank but got them right down and blew there flashes. Then went to another camp then top and ganked there, again got kennen to blew his flash.

Rest of the game had us getting way ahead on kills and I managed to push top and mid lane at the right time. Bot was fairly even so I worried about them less but still got the odd gank down there. At one point I think the other side though they had a chance as they all pushed mid when we still had people in top and bottom but that just resulted in our mid lane getting taken to the base but bothered their outer lanes getting destroyed and then us swooping on them and me and Diana carrying the game. We were so far ahead on kills it was just a slaughter every team fight.

Also I love Nasus for both jungling and destroying towers. After his Q is built up a bit he just chews through them so fast.

Might have to straight up jungle as Nasus for these placement matches at least as I tend to do pretty well as him.

Leezard

Finally got my gaf account validated, now I can post screenshots and stories to show how bad I am at this game. Oh, I'm le bip on the EUW server, folks who play there already know me.

Welcome man, I did not know you lacked an account here. I'm Euler, if you haven't noticed by lurking.

le bip

Neo Member
Welcome man, I did not know you lacked an account here. I'm Euler, if you haven't noticed by lurking.

Of course I did, I lurked this thread for more than one year waiting for my account to get activated, that's why I was always sitting in the in-game chat room. Well, you already know what to do when you want to lose some

Leezard

GAF can be harsh in letting people in, yeah. I'm pretty much always on for some games when I'm online unless I'm going for ranked 5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom