• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw an ultra-fed Fizz (35/10/xx) with complete items and stacked Mejai, ending up with 900AP. He E'd towards Varus but failed to hit it. He promptly blew a Lv18 Varus into smithereens with one auto-attack. I don't understand how it adds up. Maybe I didn't see the Q.

Speaking of Fizz, I've had someone try to counter me with him when I picked Vlad at least ten times now. Lost none of those lanes. People seem to think dots/wounds = auto-win vs vlad. Not the case.

The last time this happened to me in ranked I had three times his cs. You have to kill vlad before level 4 or that lane is totally lost.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How do you even go against Yorick? Every time I play against him I get completely bullied.
What are you picking into him? He's a very vulnerable target in the early stages of the game if you can go in on him. Try using the bushes to avoid ghosts after they come out or start Crystaline Flask or something like that.

Kenai

Speaking of Fizz, I've had someone try to counter me with him when I picked Vlad at least ten times now. Lost none of those lanes. People seem to think dots/wounds = auto-win vs vlad. Not the case.

The last time this happened to me in ranked I had three times his cs. You have to kill vlad before level 4 or that lane is totally lost.

Assuming best case scenario, Fizz would be fine. But a lot of people seem to ignore that Fizz has a pretty terrible laning phase early on and has no sustain as well. Vlad, meanwhile, is the definition of sustain, and can also get away from Fizz pretty easily, then heal himself up and push back without needing to recall. Vlad does have shorter range but it's still far enough so that Fizz can't Q right to him without passing the minion wave if Vlad isn't dumb.

Boken

Banned
This one time I had a sion support in solo queue and we won.

I had the same initial impression. He's a much nicer/more reasonable guy then his reputation suggests.

inner circle threw him under the bus.
I think he's tried to change his online personal cos everybody kept yelling
Someone tell me how to build twitch pls. Do you build BoTRK then IE? Someone told me that, but that seems so weird.
Botrk let's you be a massive bully when you're ahead of the enemy adc. They absolutely have to just run away if you stealth

I dont understand the Botrk Twitch rush. I guess it works if you get it fast and if you are able to get some solo kills, but making his damage scale for his Ult is all about IE and Shiv/PD
See above. If you're way ahead of the enemy adc. That's winning. Besides, I'm 90% sure botrk props on his ult
It's so damn hard to be a CLG fan. Crushing convincing wins vs good teams, shit performance vs bottom half teams
Luckily play offs are against the good teams

Mothman91

I take it back.

I love the new Shyvana
yes!!!

jj0aHXF.png

Some guy proposed a mercy ruling for 4v5. Sounds pretty good, hopefully Riot looks into this.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3512300

Type2

imo you can't go wrong with Elise or Zac. Zac is a lot easier to play. Elise has a pretty high skill cap, but Elise can still dish out some solid damage even while building tanky. She's a lot of fun.

Jarvan is pretty easy and impactful as a jungler. Xin still has his moments. Nasus too. Lee Sin is great. Yi is probably the new hotness.

edit: You still see nocturne. He's more of an early game jungler though. In a drawn out game he'll get pretty useless.
I play just about every jungler I own. Naut and Udyr have been my favorites as of late. I dont mind higher skill cap stuff. Zac is probably going to be my next buy though.

there's not really a rush. putting in more games will help you in normals or ranked. ranked offers more stat tracking if you are wanting that kind of stuff.

are you na or eu? i forgot. i can watch something or play a normal or whatever. i wouldn't really reccomend elise for someone in your situation, but zac is always good. learning new champions can take away from decision making though.

Im NA and my summoner name is LeaveYouAPreview, I'm looking to start playing more and get serious about ranking up. I'll send you a friend request next time im on and try and have some fresh replays ready for you. I apparently closed my lolpro on yesterdays fail day so I didnt get any of it....really a shame since i had some good moments.

AP Trist is a bigger counter to Vlad imho. Safer, the wounds and dots last forever and she can also go all in on you.

I stopped playing Vlad in blind pick because I always get forced to lane against Trist.

Ferga

I dont understand the Botrk Twitch rush. I guess it works if you get it fast and if you are able to get some solo kills, but making his damage scale for his Ult is all about IE and Shiv/PD

I usually see twitch players gank mid with botrk and it works pretty well. They don't lose too much farm sine twitch can blow anyone up within seconds and it secures a mid tower and a lane win for the mid laner.

So, I wasn't sure about what champion to buy with 3150 IP, Anivia or Twitch, I played with Twitch last week when he was free, and I really liked him, a really fun adc. But I already had some time wanting to learn Anivia, she seems like a fun champion and her new skin is awesome.

In the end, I bought Anivia and had some games with her, she's a lot of fun, I played agaisnt new Yi, Kassadin and Akali, I'm just starting to learn her so I'm not sure if any of those lanes where easy/hard or whatever, the easiest lane was against Akali, Anivia have a long AA range, doesn't her? I felt like I could harrass Akali with AA with easy, and landing a QE combo feels so good with Anivia, Akali had like 20% of her health at level 5, I went agressive the moment I hit 6 (before her) and she used her W to hide, I casted my ult in the same place of her W... after a few moments, she died, lol.

Something I noticed, it's a bit hard to farm (pre-6) with Anivia, doesn't it? I had a hard time in my first match trying to farm well, her AA is pretty slow.

Edit: You can "hit" people with Anivia's wall? Because I think I got some assists from that, lol.

scy

Give them ad revenue you fuck! Also for you creepers out there, Yuno from Curse Academy is of the female persuasion. More incentive to watch. She's actually quite dominant in the support role, and is target banned often.

The sad part is, you'd have probably gotten more attention by pointing out fabby is playing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haven't played a ranked game in like 3 weeks ever since I got into Gold.

Same here. My goal was to get into gold before season 4 started and now I'm just kinda dicking around creeping spectating LoLGAF games.

Blizzard

Banned
So pantheon support is a thing now.
I played Pantheon support with a Vayne, figuring our awesome early game kill lane would be great. It didn't work out (though maybe we got an early tower?) but we might have randomly won anyway.

Pantheon Leona or J4 Leona used to be amusing bottom lanes though, if you have a friend who is mind-linked to you.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
My first penta in almost 1k games! Thank you new based Yi (he is stupidly op now)

On a side note... I use tops as supp all the time. Xin, Panth, Fiora they absolutely shred adcs. They all have gap closers so getting to them isn't too difficult. My go to secretly op supp is naut though. Anchor op :)

Boken

Banned
Give them ad revenue you fuck! Also for you creepers out there, Yuno from Curse Academy is of the female persuasion. More incentive to watch. She's actually quite dominant in the support role, and is target banned often.

i leave the stream on when i work
dont mind me

So, yesterday (August 1st) there was press conference before the LATAM finals, and stuff.

And one of the trivia facts, was that in LATAM, 30% of the matches are ranked games, x2 the average of other servers. (They used this fact to said the region was very competitive)

Couldn't it be because people don't want to play normal blind pick? Come one Riot, just open draft normal for a few hours per day, maybe just 6 hours, oce servers already have draft normal.
I'm just sore because I hate blind pick, and yet I don't think I'm ready for ranked.
And sometimes I hate when people giving facts aren't clear, they said 1 million players but they didn't detailed if concurrent players or what, even if they had in the screen a graphic of concurrent players - without detailed numbers.

Musician

Had one of my best games as Thresh ever. Ended up losing because our Ryze had to "go eat".. Kids, I tell you, kids!

Demoted me back to silver IV as well... :( Carrying as Support isn't as easy as some here make it out to be. I'd much rather start hogging mid as I usually end up with 2:1 KD at least.

How do you even go against Yorick? Every time I play against him I get completely bullied.

Tryndamere counters him really well, though the first 4-5 levels are rough. Cho'gath and Trundle also do well against him because they can both heal off his ghouls.

Rengar, Renekton, Riven, and Wukong can both all-in him levels 2-5 and the lane is over from there.

Phoenix Udyr and Singed can just ignore him and proxy.

Nasus will dominate this lane around level 10.

AP Trist is a bigger counter to Vlad imho. Safer, the wounds and dots last forever and she can also go all in on you.

I stopped playing Vlad in blind pick because I always get forced to lane against Trist.

Trist only wins lane if she maxes E first because you can just pool under her W damage and that's a ton of her burst. It's a tough match but I hesitate to say it's a lost lane.

Trist only wins lane if she maxes E first because you can just pool under her W damage and that's a ton of her burst. It's a tough match but I hesitate to say it's a lost lane.

Problem: that's what they all did. You can't pool the DoT. You have a ~6 second window to Q something without wounds, but the cooldown doesn't get shorter than that until Lv7. You can't Q her without getting grievous wounds so you're forced to Q minions, and you can bet she can shove the lane harder until you get levels and items.

dimb

fun fact: dunkey is gold 2 and has one of the lowest kdas i've seen. not that kda is everything but still...

Blizzard

Banned
That Nautilus video had me laughing until I cried for some reason. But then someone was saying that they add the voices afterwards, so that's lame. :(

Mothman91

So, I wasn't sure about what champion to buy with 3150 IP, Anivia or Twitch, I played with Twitch last week when he was free, and I really liked him, a really fun adc. But I already had some time wanting to learn Anivia, she seems like a fun champion and her new skin is awesome.

In the end, I bought Anivia and had some games with her, she's a lot of fun, I played agaisnt new Yi, Kassadin and Akali, I'm just starting to learn her so I'm not sure if any of those lanes where easy/hard or whatever, the easiest lane was against Akali, Anivia have a long AA range, doesn't her? I felt like I could harrass Akali with AA with easy, and landing a QE combo feels so good with Anivia, Akali had like 20% of her health at level 5, I went agressive the moment I hit 6 (before her) and she used her W to hide, I casted my ult in the same place of her W... after a few moments, she died, lol.

Something I noticed, it's a bit hard to farm (pre-6) with Anivia, doesn't it? I had a hard time in my first match trying to farm well, her AA is pretty slow.

Edit: You can "hit" people with Anivia's wall? Because I think I got some assists from that, lol.
Anivia is so fun. Can outfarm anyone in the game if played correctly. I usually do RE combo instead of QE bc the stun is a skillshot that's a bit tad hard to land. And she's still a bit hard to farm with after 6 bc her ulti uses a fuck ton of mana, but once you have blue, you should become a damn powerhouse in terms of farming and harassing.

dimb

I am starting to feel like Zhonya's Hourglass is too strong in terms of what it offers as an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom