• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

I played Kayle today, didnt play her since she got all the nerfs to her ulti range and % of damage increase on her q.

I have to say that the new changes to Nashor and and lower price of dorans works pretty well with her kit.
I went Nashor, Dcap and lichbane and the burst was insane.

I just saw an ultra-fed Fizz (35/10/xx) with complete items and stacked Mejai, ending up with 900AP. He E'd towards Varus but failed to hit it. He promptly blew a Lv18 Varus into smithereens with one auto-attack. I don't understand how it adds up. Maybe I didn't see the Q.

garath

I just saw an ultra-fed Fizz (35/10/xx) with complete items and stacked Mejai, ending up with 900AP. He E'd towards Varus but failed to hit it. He promptly blew a Lv18 Varus into smithereens with one auto-attack. I don't understand how it adds up. Maybe I didn't see the Q.

With 900ap here's the auto:

Lichbane = 725 damage
Autoattack = 104 damage
W passive = 385 + 8% of target's missing health
W active = 345

Total = 1559 + whatever the health % damage is

It's feasible.

Hmm yeah. I think Varus had 1800HP back then, and W's missing HP% damage immediately took care of the little HP he had left.

And now I just figure out Fizz' W actually has a 70% total AP ratio when active. I've been wondering where his damage generally comes from.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lichbane too op, starts at 110 damage just on its own merits. build it on AP riven for infinite procs and more damage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
first time master yi?

14-5

THIS CHAMPION ISNT STRONG AT ALL
it wasn't even about the score, it was just that at a certain point in the game i was still able to do the assassin thing even without coming out ahead in lane.

oh yeah, and psa. with spirit visage gp oranges heal for like 500. is pretty funny.

scy

it wasn't even about the score, it was just that at a certain point in the game i was still able to do the assassin thing even without coming out ahead in lane.

oh yeah, and psa. with spirit visage gp oranges heal for like 500. is pretty funny.

psa, fuck GP ;__;

Gotta love AoE.
ZIPf6GF.jpg

Nami+Twitch+Eve is a pretty lethal combo for laning phase though. We got zoned pretty hard because there's no telling where they come from, and they usually come from multiple directions.

Blizzard

Banned
Oranges.

Just ... oranges.
But they are filled with healing vitamin C and prevent scurrrrrvy.

I played a game with sejuani and gangplank yesterday. Clearly the combination was the best and ended up in triumph, especially when I remembered I should use Sejuani Q to move through jungle walls. Her run speed is so SLOW though, I seem to recall seeing 341 somewhere.

Edwardo

Is Darius support a thing? And is Thresh adc a thing? Why do people feel the need to do this to me in ranked.

This guy first picks darius and says he's support, then thresh is second and says he'll adc. After they argue the entire pregame, we end up having me pick Varus for adc, darius support, and thresh top. Thresh feeds kills to Yi early and complains that the only reason he keeps getting killed is because our jungle Shen never ults to save him, and Darius dies every fight. Yi gets a penta as they take our 2nd mid tower. gee gee. silver 5 yall.

garath

Is Darius support a thing? And is Thresh adc a thing? Why do people feel the need to do this to me in ranked.

This guy first picks darius and says he's support, then thresh is second and says he'll adc. After they argue the entire pregame, we end up having me pick Varus for adc, darius support, and thresh top. Thresh feeds kills to Yi early and complains that the only reason he keeps getting killed is because our jungle Shen never ults to save him, and Darius dies every fight. Yi gets a penta as they take our 2nd mid tower. gee gee. silver 5 yall.

Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I'd rather dodge, take the LP loss and save the 45 minutes than dealing with the arguing that will accompany off the wall stuff.

Fold that trash hand pre-flop despite being on the blind because even though you might hit it on the flop, the odds aren't good.

To your question, I guess a Darius support could work. He builds tank, does lots of damage and stuff but coupled with a top lane Thresh I'd bail.

dimb

you should have just let thresh go bot. it would have gone better with darius to have that kind of cc.

dodging is lame, don't do that either. it's usually better just to go along with crazy ideas. it is ultimately pointless to complain about your teammates picks. sometimes it sucks but if you are dropping rank or something it usually has way more to do with your own play than anything.

I am far too curious to dodge unusual picks, most people don't want to lose (some don't care and some genuinely ruin) so they pick what they pick for a reason.
Letting Thresh bot would have been the way to go there.
I've lost against far stranger things.

Newt

Yeah, I usually prefer to dodge when I know that there's gonna be trolls.

Anyways, would anyone like to duo 5v5 later today? Gold V is giving me an awful time.

garath

you should have just let thresh go bot. it would have gone better with darius to have that kind of cc.

dodging is lame, don't do that either. it's usually better just to go along with crazy ideas. it is ultimately pointless to complain about your teammates picks. sometimes it sucks but if you are dropping rank or something it usually has way more to do with your own play than anything.

I am far too curious to dodge unusual picks, most people don't want to lose (some don't care and some genuinely ruin) so they pick what they pick for a reason.
Letting Thresh bot would have been the way to go there.
I've lost against far stranger things.

I've played out the weird picks. It rarely ends well. For me it's not about dropping ranks, it's about not wasting the next 20-40 minutes of my precious gaming time in a stomp.

dimb

ranked games are never a waste. you can almost always learn something or get better or maybe even
have fun.

Edwardo

Yea I think you're right. To be honest, if I went with Varus top I think I would've been able to handle Yi. Im not entirely sure, because the only Yis i've seen are ap and im just not used to ad yi.

I've never liked dodging. I understand that sometimes it can just be worth it to not play with a bunch people who are just going to argue the whole game, but I do learn new things every game I play.

It just sucks, because I go on these win streaks by rolling over opponents and make it to a promo series, then get matches with players who dont care or just feel the need to experiment with new ideas. I'm not going to tell anyone to not play a certain champ at a certain role. If they say that they've had success with it then who am I to tell them otherwise. But once they start feeding, it becomes another story. I mean, Im not saying I dont have bad games. I do. But the difference is that I actually will try to cooperate with my team, even when were down and i'm playing bad.

dimb

promo series aren't that important. mmr is still what really matters. the only reason to rank up is so you have an easier time shitting on other people's opinions on message boards.

picks are just whatever. i could pick anything and be successful with it to some extent. players aren't feeding because of their picks, just because they aren't playing well. champions that falls outside of the meta in terms of picks unrightly take the blame. i have bad players in my games on all sorts of champions.

So uhhhh how bout dat dunkmaster? I've won 6 games in a row with Yi and the average kills when adding them up is 20.5 per game. This is AD jungle Yi. Be still my heart...

Leezard

What happened to you dimb? It feels like you've done a complete 180. Before, you would be condescending to people for going "unviable" picks, when now you champion skarner, gp and are ok with most stuff.
Don't take me wrong, I'm also in the latter camp of most stuff works when you've got the skill for it. You just seem to have become a more positive person.

dimb

What happened to you dimb? It feels like you've done a complete 180.
idk. are you sure you're thinking of the right person? in s2 i played lulu top. i was one of the first proponents for yorick on release, and more recently i pushed massively for nami before everyone realized she was good. i always played gp and skarner, they're just less popular now. i played sejuani pre-rework, and my second top played champ this season is trundle. i was also playing lots of twitch before that got popular too, and i was doing kennen before everyone picked him up too.

sometimes i will probably complain about champ synergies within team comps and things like that but i dunno, i have always played weird stuff. the positivity about it might be new though i guess. if anything i tend to move away from champions that are popular.

Type2

I had such an awful day of losses yesterday dropped from 90 lp to 50-something after 4 consecutive losses. I'm really working to analyze my play especially late game team fight decisions. I know at least three of those losses could have been prevented.

I'm also struggling to find junglers I like since I haven't played in a while. Im almost near the 6k IP mark and thinking about either elise or zac.
Would anyone higher ranked be interested in playing some games with me at some point(even normals) or maybe watching a replay of mine?

Also, do people still play nocturne?

garath

I had such an awful day of losses yesterday dropped from 90 lp to 50-something after 4 consecutive losses. I'm really working to analyze my play especially late game team fight decisions. I know at least three of those losses could have been prevented.

I'm also struggling to find junglers I like since I haven't played in a while. Im almost near the 6k IP mark and thinking about either elise or zac.
Would anyone higher ranked be interested in playing some games with me at some point(even normals) or maybe watching a replay of mine?

imo you can't go wrong with Elise or Zac. Zac is a lot easier to play. Elise has a pretty high skill cap, but Elise can still dish out some solid damage even while building tanky. She's a lot of fun.

Jarvan is pretty easy and impactful as a jungler. Xin still has his moments. Nasus too. Lee Sin is great. Yi is probably the new hotness.

edit: You still see nocturne. He's more of an early game jungler though. In a drawn out game he'll get pretty useless.

Leezard

idk. are you sure you're thinking of the right person? in s2 i played lulu top. i was one of the first proponents for yorick on release, and more recently i pushed massively for nami before everyone realized she was good. i always played gp and skarner, they're just less popular now. i played sejuani pre-rework, and my second top played champ this season is trundle. i was also playing lots of twitch before that got popular too, and i was doing kennen before everyone picked him up too.

sometimes i will probably complain about champ synergies within team comps and things like that but i dunno, i have always played weird stuff. the positivity about it might be new though i guess. if anything i tend to move away from champions that are popular.
I just got this image of you complaining about people's builds and champions in this thread. I might've gotten the wrong picture though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

This sounds about right actually.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I just got this image of you complaining about people's builds and champions in this thread. I might've gotten the wrong picture though.
I had the same initial impression. He's a much nicer/more reasonable guy then his reputation suggests.

inner circle threw him under the bus.

dimb

Should I start ranked when I immediately hit 30?
there's not really a rush. putting in more games will help you in normals or ranked. ranked offers more stat tracking if you are wanting that kind of stuff.

are you na or eu? i forgot. i can watch something or play a normal or whatever. i wouldn't really reccomend elise for someone in your situation, but zac is always good. learning new champions can take away from decision making though.

Newt

Someone tell me how to build twitch pls. Do you build BoTRK then IE? Someone told me that, but that seems so weird.

dimb

Someone tell me how to build twitch pls. Do you build BoTRK then IE? Someone told me that, but that seems so weird.
Lots of people are building Twitch like Vayne right now. So you see lots of BotRK second or first. In general Iedge is picked up to make up for the lack of raw damage/crit with botrk. At least it seems like. I still prefer BT+PD+LW or something along those lines on him.

Blizzard

Banned
I like the newer, fuzzier, nicer soda cop.

Now if I could only bribe someone into letting me play GAF ARAMs again we could go full circle. (I also wish to become a more positive person)

scy

In general Iedge is picked up to make up for the lack of raw damage/crit with botrk. At least it seems like.

I'd imagine that it's also since Spray and Pray only has one crit roll check per attack so it gets some added potential there.

Azulsky

I dont understand the Botrk Twitch rush. I guess it works if you get it fast and if you are able to get some solo kills, but making his damage scale for his Ult is all about IE and Shiv/PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom