• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd give Phoenix Quinn some love when it comes to textures.

They're of a considerably lower quality than her base model. Love the skin but the lack of detail is really disappointing.

So I'm doing my matches in ranked to get placement.

Done 5 so far I think. Lost 3. Won 2.

All I have learned is that ranked is just as dickish as normal draft so far.

Games where you join and someone yell "me jungle I'm a silver rank smurf I carry game" then plays shit.

Games where people argue over position and then someone leaves or people refuse to work as team because of it.

And if course people who blame you for everything.

Last night was one if those with an udyr jungle insulting me the whole game. I just ignored him but I went ADC Because someone REALLY wanted support so I let him rather than argue. He selects alister. Ok champ in the right hands.

Game starts and we just play our lane safe enough. Alister does OK at first and the lane is pretty equal. Later udyr turns up now and then with some just terrible gank attempts. No attempt to wait for the right moment just charges in and the just back off. Apparently my fault. Ok I see where this is going.

Alister then just starts doing random shit. Runs off solo after Ez and of course gets ganked. That keeps happening. Udyr keeps starting "team fights" with only 3 of us against all of them. Starts the fight then 3 seconds later runs away. I have zero peel and so have no choice but to back off. Apparently I suck and should have magicked everyone to death at lvl 11.

In the main team fights we have no decent cc attempts from Ali or anyone. We have no attempt to focus their Ez. And no attempt to get Ez out of position so I could get him. Again my fault. I guess I should have run into the middle of the fight and used my secret kill everyone button again. They were focusing me do I stayed in position.

Still my fault apparently. They clearly out matched us and Ez was fed from other lanes so I had to play it safe to try and farm up.

Game ends and he says "trist you suck, get skills not skins". Very original. I just give a lol and leave it at that.

I dunno. This "team game" really does show you the huge downside of solo queue. I guess it makes sense that way though.

One of the reasons ADC can suck. If your support doesn't peal for you and your team don't cc their ADC it's hard to do much but you still get the blame.

Ho hum.

Game needs a mode with no chat.

Boken

Banned
Small question guys, what are your thoughts on AD runes for supports (to increase their harassment potential)?

it was pretty good back when melee supports were really popular

its good on champions who dont need armor in reds and auto attack a lot in lane

Boken

Banned
wallpaper
mzBHxVm.jpg

album with some other colours
http://imgur.com/a/ZAKFV

Type2

What to build on jungle Diana?

Spectral wraith or golem, abyssal,zhonyas,GA is good since you'll be diving and for the last slots zephyr, rabbadons, deathfire, voidstaff can be acceptable pickups depending on what you're doing.

Also, you should just farm your way to 6 by clearing and pushing lanes unless you see a great gank opportunity.

Type2

Don't buy Zephyr.
Is it really that bad if you don't have a source of tenacity in your build?

(situational)

Edit: Also I am getting close to being able to buy Zac with IP any newbie tips for me? He can use w in his ult right? Are the Q's tricky to land at all when ganking? Is maxing E the way to go?

Newt

So been playing a lot of Kayle and Draven recently, but then I thought; why can't I just have both at the same time?

jTOTMZw.jpg

Pretty boss game with le bip and Merovin tonight. I was worst Thresh EU for the first half of the game, pulled it together somehow.

vduHAy3h.jpg

Before that, had my best Quinn game ever - I got a triple at 15m in our jungle - and still got absolutely ROLLED by new Master Yi. Is it just me or is he crazy? We had Leona and Sejuani and still couldn't keep him under control.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Before that, had my best Quinn game ever - I got a triple at 15m in our jungle - and still got absolutely ROLLED by new Master Yi. Is it just me or is he crazy? We had Leona and Sejuani and still couldn't keep him under control.
sejuani ult cc isn't as long now, so you actually have to be smart with it. especially against someone like yi who won't be slowed after. with yi and sejuani both being in vogue right now i see people time the ult wrong on him pretty regularly right now.
wow, I found out how to win every ranked game. Never give last pick what they want.
last pick prejudice.

oh man yi is dumb i didnt even know what i was doing

Of course that was also a ranked game, so my team spent half of it going 'should have banned Yi I guess'. >.<

I bet you still were the worst Thresh EU during the second half too hue hue

Play more often and carry me pls

I'm always worst everything. bip had to keep shushing me on Skype.
Been busy lately, ready to spam pirate/Jayce/Quinn games as soon as I get time (and carry hard of course >.>).

sejuani ult cc isn't as long now, so you actually have to be smart with it. especially against someone like yi who won't be slowed after. with yi and sejuani both being in vogue right now i see people time the ult wrong on him pretty regularly right now.

Good to know. In fairness it was a Bear Cavalry Sejuani, which implies someone may have bought her just for the skin and decided ranked was a good test bed.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I'm always worst everything. bip had to keep shushing me on Skype.
Been busy lately, ready to spam pirate/Jayce/Quinn games as soon as I get time (and carry hard of course >.>).

Don't take it personally, bip gets mad all the time :3

But if it makes you play better I can join in the shushing, no problem.

Boken

Banned
I was wondering about the knives, and why Kennen would be on the ice. But I guess the ice is Arctic Kennen, and the tentacle thorns are Zyra helping, and the knives are Kat helping. Or maybe Kennen has throwing knives too.

Why does Lulu have kittens? Cute picture though. :D
that lulu skin turns people into kittens.
arctic kennen throws shuriken knives

do you even play this game

----
haha teemo one is pretty good

Blizzard

Banned
that lulu skin turns people into kittens.
arctic kennen throws shuriken knives

do you even play this game

----
haha teemo one is pretty good
I thought kennen just threw electric sparks or maybe X-shaped shurikens or something. And I like Lulu but I don't ever buy skins!

Is this implying that Yordles live to only 20ish, or that there was a Yordle genocide?
I think it's more the latter, like Teemo's backstory might have something about all his friends getting killed off.

That moment when you're losing a 4v5 game, and you're the team with 5...

Luckily we didn't lose, but we had to split push like crazy and take baron to win. I felt bad, but they had a lot of CC against my team that was all melee except our vayne.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried new master yi. First game I did badly and we got destroyed (didn't help that the enemy Vayne was 2/0/2 coming out of the jungle at level 2).

Second game I didn't do great early, and I died a lot, but ended up with a quadrakill and 16/9/11. He gets a lot of gold. I didn't realize until I played it that Q cooldown reduced for autoattacks, which makes attack speed extra nice, lol. I just found myself often hurting for mana.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Teemo's backstory is about him being a sociopathic killer, IIRC. It was a while since I read it though.

It is, the comic is about what promted him to become the loner serial killer he currently is.

His friends died, so he became a monster hell bent on destroying bandle cities enemies so that no one else ever has to suffer the loss of their friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom