• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weapon would be a pretty sweet prize for the S3 champions.

Tried jungle Diana again but our Ez never connected. Doing well, but everyone knew the game was lost. They were mostly AD so I just trolled with Golem, Tabi, Thornmail and Wits. Kinda fun seeing 2 of them engaging, get seriously hurt then fail to run away.

Ocho

Well, this is getting interesing.

Last Saturday, the team Lyon Gaming won the Latin American Championship, pubstomping all the teams. 256 teams, the best 4 went to an offline tournament, and Lyon won all the matches without losing a single tower, in an average of 25 minutes. Then they played against the champion from the South, and won the Bo5 again, without losing a single tower, in an average of 25 minutes, their mid laner died only once in all the offline event. (edit: twice, he died 2 times in the last game)

Now, what's interesing, is that some players of the different teams have said that now they'll switch back to NA, instead of playing in LAN, pretty much like Lyon have done since the launch of the server, they moved their smuf, played a bit of ranked until they reached Challenger, and went back to play in NA, in fact Lyon was in the top 8(in NA), last time I checked, they were supposed to play in the Spring Qualifiers against COGnitive Gaming, but they were disqualified since they didn't showed up. (The LAN finals were at the exactly same time).

This is interesing because the best players/teams from LAN are returning to play to NA, since the ping is the same or less, since LAN doesn't have enough level to be competitive(as a team that want to go pro), but this creates a vicious circle because if the best players aren't playing in LAN, then it'll never had a good level.

That and the teams from LAN, in this case Lyon Gaming, could be seen as having an unfair advantage over other teams from Oceania or Brazil, for example, in the Wildcarld tournament, all the players from Lyon Gaming play with less than 50 of ping in NA, one of them with less than 20 because he lives in San Diego.

Not sure if Riot will do something about this, because they said they have a 3-years plan for pushing the esport scene in latin american, and this could mess with their plans.

Hmm...

That's interesting. Lyon did perform at a whole next level thanks to their NA experience. I have been thinking changing back to NA since I get the same ping to both servers anyway, and I've been playing more casually and would like to get into some LoLgaf and ranked. Is it true that if you go back you get placed to the exact same Division/LP you had before transfer? I would be going from Dimaond 2 to Plat 4.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have been thinking changing back to NA since I get the same ping to both servers anyway, and I've been playing more casually and would like to get into some LoLgaf and ranked.
LeagueGAF is really small, just to warn you.

dimb

i just want to lose in ranked now. this winstreak is going on too long and it makes me more nervous to play when i think about breaking it.
not a stealth brag post, i swear.

there are lots of bad gold and plat players. i guess i am one of them but still...people just do really weird stuff sometimes.

Leezard

That's interesting. Lyon did perform at a whole next level thanks to their NA experience. I have been thinking changing back to NA since I get the same ping to both servers anyway, and I've been playing more casually and would like to get into some LoLgaf and ranked. Is it true that if you go back you get placed to the exact same Division/LP you had before transfer? I would be going from Dimaond 2 to Plat 4.

I don't think you necessarily go back to the same, if you've risen in mmr/skill level there might be a reassessment. There is no guarantee whatsoever, but if you've risen, then you should be somewhere between your current rating and your old rating.

dimb

Dimb, you still jungle trundle ever? I get my internet back today and am considering trying it.
I did a lot in Silver. At one point I think I had like ten wins and zero losses on him. Winrate came back into check in higher level games and it's like 66.7% now. He is still my second most played champion in ranked but I haven't touched him in months.

I think he can be good, but I can just make bigger plays on Sejuani and Skarner when I catch people out. I don't think the Trundle ultimate is enough of a visual indicator for people to do a good job focusing the target, and it just got to be a pain when you need to rely on your team more as I went up in rank. I would need a very specific team comp on both my team and the enemy team to consider running him again.

Edit: To elaborate more I guess I just don't know why I would pick him most of the time. Consistent CC is just too important to me as a jungler that I rarely enjoy playing someone without it. His build paths are also more rigid. I can just build whatever I want on Sejuani for the most part because there are so many options right now but I would feel much more limited with Trundle. Haven't played him since the Visage rework but I bet that's pretty slick on him at least. Visage is godly on almost all junglers right now though. So many stats for its price and they're all the ones you want. I love seeing heavy magic damage enemy teams right now.

Blizzard

Banned
i just want to lose in ranked now. this winstreak is going on too long and it makes me more nervous to play when i think about breaking it.

there are lots of bad gold and plat players. i guess i am one of them but still...people just do really weird stuff sometimes.
Carry me to high elo plz?

Also play Master Yi. Even building all yellow items he does fine, he hits swords and doesn't afraid of anything.

Weird question, does Master Yi's ult slow prevention stop people from using BOTRK to steal his movement speed? I was doing a bunch of Master Yi games and then I ran into one with two people using BOTRK (including an ultimate bruiser tank BOTRK Taric top lane which crushed us), and at least once someone used BOTRK on me and it sucked.

But, I might not have had my ult active at the time.

Blind pick is great though. There was a thornmail warmogs tank Heimerdinger mid lane. Our fed Vayne was like ZOOM ZOOM TIME TO KILL HEIMERDINGER and then she killed herself in the attempt, even though she might have had lifesteal.

dimb

Carry me to high elo plz?
It's more fun to learn on your own. I'm not even that high and there are loads of people in the thread and the game that are better than me.

One of the easiest things to do to rank up is to just know how to itemize. There are lots of games where I feel outperformed initially but the enemy team just builds the wrong stuff and I can come back and dominate in fights.

garath

I did a lot in Silver. At one point I think I had like ten wins and zero losses on him. Winrate came back into check in higher level games and it's like 66.7% now. He is still my second most played champion in ranked but I haven't touched him in months.

I think he can be good, but I can just make bigger plays on Sejuani and Skarner when I catch people out. I don't think the Trundle ultimate is enough of a visual indicator for people to do a good job focusing the target, and it just got to be a pain when you need to rely on your team more as I went up in rank. I would need a very specific team comp on both my team and the enemy team to consider running him again.

Edit: To elaborate more I guess I just don't know why I would pick him most of the time. Consistent CC is just too important to me as a jungler that I rarely enjoy playing someone without it. His build paths are also more rigid. I can just build whatever I want on Sejuani for the most part because there are so many options right now but I would feel much more limited with Trundle. Haven't played him since the Visage rework but I bet that's pretty slick on him at least. Visage is godly on almost all junglers right now though. So many stats for its price and they're all the ones you want. I love seeing heavy magic damage enemy teams right now.

Still playing a lot of Sejuani huh? I never really got into her as I bought her at the same time as Nautilus and I already had Zac but her ult seems like a gamechanger. Plus I love junglers that can dash over walls.

I might have to give her another shot. Jarvan just hasn't clicked with me and Nautilus just isn't my style at all. I'd rather play Malphite than Naut lol.

dimb

Still playing a lot of Sejuani huh? I never really got into her as I bought her at the same time as Nautilus and I already had Zac but her ult seems like a gamechanger. Plus I love junglers that can dash over walls.

I might have to give her another shot. Jarvan just hasn't clicked with me and Nautilus just isn't my style at all. I'd rather play Malphite than Naut lol.
I only started playing Sej again because of the skin. It's been fun though and I've had a lot of success with it. She is just super familiar to me at this point so I can kind of just pick her up whenever. I'm not sure I lost a game with the skin yet in ranked or normals, but maybe I just don't remember.

I've played a couple of games with her since I got the skin, one win and one loss (the loss was kinda trolly at the end though cos we had a premade on our team that just trolled the whole game).

Even in the game I won I didn't feel particularly strong.

Her early clear is still kinda sucky and the damage hit to her Q was pretty nasty. I just feel like she takes so long to ramp up.

Maybe it's because I haven't played her since before her nerfs, but meh.

Pity cos I really liked her post-remake.

garath

I've played a couple of games with her since I got the skin, one win and one loss (the loss was kinda trolly at the end though cos we had a premade on our team that just trolled the whole game).

Even in the game I won I didn't feel particularly strong.

Her early clear is still kinda sucky and the damage hit to her Q was pretty nasty. I just feel like she takes so long to ramp up.

Maybe it's because I haven't played her since before her nerfs, but meh.

Pity cos I really liked her post-remake.

Yeah. I don't think the nerfs were really called for but hey, Riot tunes to the pros and there must have been something there. I remember Cynaide playing her non-stop for a time. Now it's all about Zac.

edit: I actually played Malphite jungle in a normal yesterday for the fun of it. Forgot how much I liked him. It's all about getting around the PAINFUL slow clear and little presence till 6. Need strong laners and obviously best against a heavy AD team.

She got hit with like 3 big nerfs in one patch and it just knocked her down so much in my opinion. Big damage nerf and quite the large cc nerf.

Like her ult is still good, just not good enough to make up for her other shortcomings. Other champions just do what she does better and that's disheartening. I love her design etc., and she's still better than she was post-rework.

I just can't see myself picking her over other high tier picks at the mo.

dimb

Her early clear is still kinda sucky and the damage hit to her Q was pretty nasty.
They haven't touched her Q since rework, and most of the damage in her kit found itself pushed into that ability. Her Q is honestly one of the best abilities in the game. Instant dash at any time over terrain that knocks up, does % HP damage and has a fairly low cooldown. If you have full CDR it is up like every six and a half seconds. It basically gives Sejuani high mobility, good damage, power burn on objectives, an escape tool, and CC. As long as you are landing them her damage output is high.

You can more or less build full tank on her and still get good damage output. If you don't feel strong on her it probably has something to do with runes/masteries/items/something else. Her only glaring weakness is weak early dueling.

You say other champions do what she does but better but who is a better initiator in this game? You are really underselling her teamfight. It is not just that she can start fights, but she can keep them going and continue to have a major impact on them because of what the rest of her kit offers. Not only is her initiation great but her follow-through on it is fantastic. Not a lot of champions can say that.

EXGN

Not sure if Riot will do something about this, because they said they have a 3-years plan for pushing the esport scene in latin american, and this could mess with their plans.

Hmm...

I don't think there is much they can do. This wouldn't be the first instance of a team being located in one region and playing in another. Like last year, TPA scrimmed the Chinese and Korean teams on the China/KR servers because they were so much better than the teams playing on the SEA server. That's why you have TPA going like 27-1 in GPL while every other team struggles. The precedent has already been set.

World Elite was the same way - they got 1st place in EVERY SINGLE Chinese event last year because they scrimmed the Koreans and competed in international tournaments (IPL, OGN, etc.) while others were pretty much locked in the region.

Eventually what will happen is that, through constant competition with Lyon via an LCS-style league, the other teams will get better and better. History suggests that having one dominant team drags the skill of the scene upward - in SEA, AHQ and SGS eventually rose to power, in CN, OMG, iG, PE and Royal came to contest WE.

I think having one dominant team is only bad in the short term, the scene will eventually catch up.

Yeah my bad. I meant her W, which lost like a possible 6% of the enemies' max health in damage. Her W also lost half a second of slow duration and her ult lost 0.25 seconds of stun/slow. Might not seem like a lot individually but when added up it's a significant loss in power.

As for who does what she does better, Zac does. Amazing initiation and sustained team fight pressure, a lot of innate sustain and more damage.

Also his early game doesn't suck nearly as hard as Sejuani's. When I'm Zac I'm not fearful of being wrecked by a strong counter-jungler.

I also think Hecarim does similar things better.

fRmeoOB.png

That's the page I'm using for Sejuani. The random AP quint will be replaced by another move speed quint when I can get it. M. pen. reds, armour yellows, MR/lvl blues and move speed quints, with that AP quint to be replaced.

9/21 masteries obviously.

drawkcaB

You say other champions do what she does but better but who is a better initiator in this game? You are really underselling her teamfight. It is not just that she can start fights, but she can keep them going and continue to have a major impact on them because of what the rest of her kit offers. Not only is her initiation great but her follow-through on it is fantastic. Not a lot of champions can say that.

Just wanted to chime in and say this is all true.

Garath said:
Nautilus just isn't my style at all. I'd rather play Malphite than Naut lol.

You're in the deep end now! Seriously though, a ganking jungler who can't gank for shit until 6...yucky.

I should play more Nautilus again. He's so damn good.

Haven't been jungling a lot in general though these days. Been going back to ADC in anticipation of Lucian.

dimb

Yeah my bad. I meant her W, which lost like a possible 6% of the enemies' max health in damage. Her W also lost half a second of slow duration and her ult lost 0.25 seconds of stun/slow. Might not seem like a lot individually but when added up it's a significant loss in power.
alright let's clear things up: W has no slow. Yeah she lost that on her E but at the end of the day she still brings a 2.5 second 70% slow that doesn't decay with a timed detonation on it so you can use it when it's most effective on multiple targets in a thousand range.

W scales with her own health, not enemy health. Yeah it sucked to lose it but it's not really the end of the world. The output on it is still high. Sejuani still has AOE damage output on all of her abilities and its kind of difficult to build in a way that negates her damage. In her current state you just do your job of interrupting and CCing enemies and your damage output still just kind of comes out naturally.
As for who does what she does better, Zac does. Amazing initiation and sustained team fight pressure, a lot of innate sustain and more damage.
I always ban Zac, take that for what you will. At the same time I definitely do not feel that he offers the same level of disruption that Sejuani does, and as good as his initiation is it is definitely does not lock people down in the way Sejuani does. I would also say that his damage output probably does not trend as high as a Sejuani, and his late game scaling is inherently weaker.

There is not a lot to fear about counter jungling on Sejuani. Adjust your build paths and become better at predicting enemy movements and it becomes less of an issue. No camps outside of buffs are really super important, and Sejuani can pretty much always escape.
I also think Hecarim does similar things better.
They are very different champions. Hecarim is much more based around damage and sustain. He brings very little to a fight outside of damage after his ultimate.
That's the page I'm using for Sejuani. The random AP quint will be replaced by another move speed quint when I can get it. M. pen. reds, armour yellows, MR/lvl blues and move speed quints, with that AP quint to be replaced.

9/21 masteries obviously.
i don't really think sejuani needs movespeed or much mr built into her rune page.

Yeah my bad in relation to her abilities, I've gone and confused myself.

But anyway.

When do you max E? I generally max E last on her, as the faster clear from W and the higher damage output and the lower cool down Q to me are far more important. That means her E will stay at a 50% slow and 1.5 second duration until level 14.

Yes she has a stronger late game than Zac, but she takes longer and more items to get there, which was my point originally that her early game still feels weak to me.

Zac's initiation can also be done from much further away and it offers him more flexibility in his engage.

As for counter jungling, like you said it yourself that her glaring weakness is early game duelling. Like if someone who's strong at counter-jungling decides they want to fuck with you she can't really stand up for herself. Not to mention in solo q you can't rely on team mates for help if you get invaded either.

I'm not saying she's out and out terrible and I totally recognise her strengths, just that the trade offs you make for her strengths means she feels weak to me and I'd rather play someone like Nautilus or Zac over Sejuani in her current state. Give me back remake Sejuani without the nerfs and I'd play her a lot again because you got more rewards for your trade offs.

Also in relation to her runes, now that there's no bulwark and the general aegis build path got nerfed in terms of self-MR items I'd say MR runes are more important than ever on a tank. And I always use MS runes on gank heavy junglers.

dimb

When do you max E? I generally max E last on her, as the faster clear from W and the higher damage output and the lower cool down Q to me are far more important. That means her E will stay at a 50% slow and 1.5 second duration until level 14.
I max it last but if I really though I needed better slows I could always just put points into it faster and stop W at like two or three points.
Yes she has a stronger late game than Zac, but she takes longer and more items to get there, which was my point originally that her early game still feels weak to me.
Even though Zac is safe early (like Sejuani) he is not really someone I would consider to be threatening early game. Most of the power is baked into his passive. He has weaker ganks and his dueling potential is honestly pretty low, but he can always just escape or be a nuisance with his mobility.
As for counter jungling, like you said it yourself that her glaring weakness is early game duelling. Like if someone who's strong at counter-jungling decides they want to fuck with you she can't really stand up for herself. Not to mention in solo q you can't rely on team mates for help if you get invaded either.
It's honestly a playstyle thing. If people want to come mess with your stuff you just have to understand routes better and make it not worth their time. She is not helpless, but it's usually just more valuable to play things safe because counter junglers tend to fall off while Sejuani grows in power.

I'm not saying she's out and out terrible and I totally recognise her strengths, just that the trade offs you make for her strengths means she feels weak to me and I'd rather play someone like Nautilus or Zac over Sejuani in her current state. Give me back remake Sejuani without the nerfs and I'd play her a lot again because you got more rewards for your trade offs.
The nerfs were honestly not that bad. If you want to just bandwagon between whatever champion is currently popular then you're right, Sejuani is not for you. The champions you are naming have completely different playstyles and strengths than her, but Sejuani honestly dumps on Nautilus and can do really well against the early counter junglers you are so afraid of like Lee Sin or Udyr because her team fight is so much stronger.
Zac's initiation can also be done from much further away and it offers him more flexibility in his engage.
It's also much more choreographed and can actually be countered. They both have advantages and disadvantages. I find more value in Sejuani's ultimate and consider being able to throw it out at any given time to be "more flexible".
Also in relation to her runes, now that there's no bulwark and the general aegis build path got nerfed in terms of self-MR items I'd say MR runes are more important than ever on a tank. And I always use MS runes on gank heavy junglers.
I run movespeed runes on junglers with move speed boosts. I don't consider them to be as beneficial to someone like Sejuani. Playstyle I guess. Also I don't care about early MR that much when I am probably just getting a Cowl by midgame. If you cared about MR you should run flat instead of scaling anyways.

Ok, it's pretty official that I'm never getting out of bronze. I just got demoted because I had 7 games in a row with a raging bronze players purposely sabotaging the game because they didnt get their wanted lanes.

garath

Ok, it's pretty official that I'm never getting out of bronze. I just got demoted because I had 7 games in a row with a raging bronze players purposely sabotaging the game because they didnt get their wanted lanes.

:(

Play mid lane, work strictly on your mechanics, crushing your lane and roaming to crush other lanes too. Play Fizz, Katarina, Kassadin, maybe Kha'zix, maybe Yi. Win through assassination and resets.

I watched Kungen do exactly that. He's not the most game aware person in the world, nor is he the most mechnically skilled (he's probably high gold low plat level), but he carried through bronze and silver on 2 accounts going something insane like 70-4 w/l using nothing but Katarina, Fizz, kennen and kassadin.

Ken

if you want nonchalant losing in ranked duo w me

I'm getting dragons crown for the ps3. Anyone else?

Vitaaaaaa. (Already have my Vita version import on the way)

I max it last but if I really though I needed better slows I could always just put points into it faster and stop W at like two or three points.

Even though Zac is safe early (like Sejuani) he is not really someone I would consider to be threatening early game. Most of the power is baked into his passive. He has weaker ganks and his dueling potential is honestly pretty low, but he can always just escape or be a nuisance with his mobility.

It's honestly a playstyle thing. If people want to come mess with your stuff you just have to understand routes better and make it not worth their time. She is not helpless, but it's usually just more valuable to play things safe because counter junglers tend to fall off while Sejuani grows in power.

The nerfs were honestly not that bad. If you want to just bandwagon between whatever champion is currently popular then you're right, Sejuani is not for you. The champions you are naming have completely different playstyles and strengths than her, but Sejuani honestly dumps on Nautilus and can do really well against the early counter junglers you are so afraid of like Lee Sin or Udyr because her team fight is so much stronger.

It's also much more choreographed and can actually be countered. They both have advantages and disadvantages. I find more value in Sejuani's ultimate and consider being able to throw it out at any given time to be "more flexible".

I run movespeed runes on junglers with move speed boosts. I don't consider them to be as beneficial to someone like Sejuani. Playstyle I guess. Also I don't care about early MR that much when I am probably just getting a Cowl by midgame. If you cared about MR you should run flat instead of scaling anyways.

Come on dude, you're insinuating the guy that mains Fiora and Quinn is someone who hops around from FotM champion to FotM champion? Hell Hecarim is to me what Sejuani is to you. I was playing him religiously when everyone considered him to be weak in season 2. Same with Draven.

My point is that Sejuani is weaker early game than other junglers and I think she takes too long to get going. I prefer junglers that are stronger early or ultimately have a more even level of strength thought out the game.

When I want an initiating super tank with loads of cc Nautilus is more my style.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Support is the best way to carry low level games imo. I can't even count the number of free barons and dragons I got for our team just because the other support sucked at warding and keeping timers. EZPZ.

It's going to be hilarious if you hit plat in one promotion series when it took Rex like 15 to get through.

Newt

I'm having the same problem (but I'm in gold).

Edwardo

Support is the best way to carry low level games imo. I can't even count the number of free barons and dragons I got for our team just because the other support sucked at warding and keeping timers. EZPZ.

I always thought like that. I picked Janna and Leona for the majority of games. It's just that when there isn't anyone doing well on the team I feel like we're destined to lose. I'll set up all of these kills as Leona, or keep the enemies peeled off of the adc as Janna, but it's all for nothing when your team can't do damage. At least if you're any of the other roles, you can carry the game on your own. I just cant do that as a support.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
in my experience janna and leona are the worst possible supports to be stuck with in bronze.

the janna's harass with tornado and the leona's call you a pussy for not towerdiving for 'free kills' at lvl 2.

Newt

I always thought like that. I picked Janna and Leona for the majority of games. It's just that when there isn't anyone doing well on the team I feel like we're destined to lose. I'll set up all of these kills as Leona, or keep the enemies peeled off of the adc as Janna, but it's all for nothing when your team can't do damage. At least if you're any of the other roles, you can carry the game on your own. I just cant do that as a support.
Janna is pure freelo. If your team's ad has the brains to stand there and AA, that's good enough for you because of your amazing peel.

welcome to the club. i almost got out, was 1-0 in my silver promotion and since then a average of 1.4 afk/trollers per game.

almost down to B2 again.

Edwardo

If your team's ad has the brains to stand there and AA.

I feel like that's a big IF more times than not.

I might start playing Janna more often again. I remember I had a 75% win rate with her, before I got turned off from playing support from a couple of bad losses.

dimb

It's going to be hilarious if you hit plat in one promotion series when it took Rex like 15 to get through.
why would it be funny? closer could do it in way fewer if he played ranked, and rex shot through plat so...rankings...what a silly system.

if i lose a game in gold 1 now
or drop tons and get demoted
i'm going to say you jinxed me now.

scy

why would it be funny? closer could do it in way fewer if he played ranked, and rex shot through plat so...rankings...what a silly system.

if i lose a game in gold 1 now
or drop tons and get demoted
i'm going to say you jinxed me now.

To be honest, Rex being stuck in Gold 1 felt more like overly aggressive high risk calls rather than anything else.

Edit: @Support to carry - Support is a lot easier to carry with the better your team is as you can give them more to work with. Plus, if you're really good at it, you're able to cause the bot lane wins which can lead right into better objective control.

I think mid is by far the best position to carry from in lower ranks.

Unfortunately for myself it's my worst position. My best is ADC, but fuck if I'm going to play that in ranked at my level. No matter how fed I can get myself in lane, the time when I actually have to rely on my team mates a bit, in terms of peel etc. is just torture. I'd probably have to play a lot of ezreal if I were to play ADC in ranked but I hate ez :/

I tend to just jungle when I have to play ranked solo or duo q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom