• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

rylai's and liandry's are both fine on mid zyra, they're staple items for her and the sources of 80% of the damage the build is getting credit for.
it's the full retard rush of sotel and banner that's the problem.
The plants are huge though man!

Yeah, Sorc, Rylai, Liandry and Athene or Morello is a pretty standard build on Zyra.

All my disappointment in the world when I discovered that Heimer's turrets don't work with Rylai, Liandry and Spellvamp.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i pretty much build sorc/rylais/liandry's every game.

3tSRyiX.jpg

and you're mid, you get blue. who needs to buy cdr.

Leezard

I don't think that all Rioters necessarily know whether the items work or not.

I found the post in question, though:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03/which-champions-benefit-from-banner-of.html
Mind you, it is a couple of months old. I don't know if it has been changed lately. According to this the Banner aura does not work.
Banner of Command's Aura does provide it's buff to Zyra's plants, increasing their ability power. However they do NOT actually do more damage despite their tool tip showing an increase - there isn't actually any benefit to building Banner of Command on her.

As people have been saying above though, Rylai + Liandry's is legit.

Boken

Banned
Decided to see the damage of my placement and have a quick ranked match.

I go nami support.

Game basically was.

Jungle Yi sprinting into fight before any of us were close and then blaming everyone else for him dying.

Zed running into battle for 1-2 hits then running away again

Kat mid just not doing much but was mostly OK

Cait ADC either pushing way to hard or standing to close to our bush (that I warded so they could see leona just standing there waiting to pounce) and then getting ganked. Then everytime blaming me.

I still messed up a little here and there but that was a mix of tiredness, frustration and a few lagspikes. But for the most part I was doing my warding, de-warding and supporting Cait. Cait had 1 kill at the end of the game that I set up for her.

I am not sure I can be bothered to even try ranked if its like this. Maybe just play some ARAM now and then instead..... ahhhh sweat ARAM.

Boken

Banned
Decided to see the damage of my placement and have a quick ranked match.

I go nami support.

Game basically was.

Jungle Yi sprinting into fight before any of us were close and then blaming everyone else for him dying.

Zed running into battle for 1-2 hits then running away again

Kat mid just not doing much but was mostly OK

Cait ADC either pushing way to hard or standing to close to our bush (that I warded so they could see leona just standing there waiting to pounce) and then getting ganked. Then everytime blaming me.

I still messed up a little here and there but that was a mix of tiredness, frustration and a few lagspikes. But for the most part I was doing my warding, de-warding and supporting Cait. Cait had 1 kill at the end of the game that I set up for her.

I am not sure I can be bothered to even try ranked if its like this. Maybe just play some ARAM now and then instead..... ahhhh sweat ARAM.
Be strong little one. I believe in you

Be strong little one. I believe in you

Haha thanks but im just not sure its worth the effort. If im in the mood for some league I can just play some ARAM.

My problem is that more games than not seem to have people ruining the game in it. Considering a game lasts at least 40 mins if no surrender and my time these days is so much mroe limited (I have a 3 month old) Im just starting to think it isn't worth the time or stress. ARAM is just a fun 20-30 min brawl.

Its also not like Im good enough at the game to carry my team. I can play support decent enough and can jungle or mid OK. Well enough that with a team also working properly we can get stuff done. However Im not good enough to just carry every game. Especially when most games I don't get the position I would want due to how people act in champ select.

zugzug

LULS! I'm watching Dyrus stream right now is in middle of a 0-5 solo queue streak and loses again now he is in queue and totally whining up a storm, the best thing he said that made me rush here to post this was "sometimes I wish I was simple minded* then 5 minutes later he says he wishes he stuck with his father's career and stayed as an intern in a plumbing business.

This is so gold.

Edit: oh yeah and like the 4th loss, his team had like 20 kills to 74 deaths to the enemy team, I know Aphromo was on his team but they weren't in comms. Right now he has 18,536 viewers he is in Subscriber only talk mode. This is just golden. I'm telling you man listening to this.

bjaelke

Dyrus says some interesting stuff at times.

"I don't speak a lot because I try hard. I say I don't try hard but that's not true. I try hard. That's why I don't speak a lot."

Boken

Banned
Her spears still hurt. Building bruiser Nid just allows her to survive and do some damage in team fights.

It's poke and spit push, hence the bork Nidalee.
please, AD nidalee's spears dont hurt. he probably didnt even have magicpen runes. that nidalee build was hella legit though. but ambition's poor performance on tf really cost them the game. he had pretty much no impact.

you know what fuck OGN for limiting free viewing to 480p
and fuck Twitch for allowing them to force a limit like that.
same thing with MLG iirc.

just starting watching this OGN for minutes and its so blurry it feels like my eyes are bad, cannot glance at second screen and read the names on top of the characters.

they want your money basically why wouldnt twitch allow people to make the decision between viewership and profit

bjaelke

just starting watching this OGN for minutes and its so blurry it feels like my eyes are bad, cannot glance at second screen and read the names on top of the characters.

The App has free HD.

Yeah, fuck those guys for not providing this awesome content for you entirely for free! Why should they make any money off it!?

/sarcasm

please, AD nidalee's spears dont hurt. he probably didnt even have magicpen runes. that nidalee build was hella legit though. but ambition's poor performance on tf really cost them the game. he had pretty much no impact.

of course they hurt. not as much as AP Nid "I'm gonna eat 3 quarters of your health" spears but they're not inconsequential, especially with the high CDR priority when she can just constantly fling them out.

----------------------------------

Insec on Lissandra YES

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

If only you could pay a few bucks to watch in game with crystal clear 1080p graphics.

Oh, the ability to hear live commentary inside the game and see exactly what players are doing would be nice too.

If only you could pay a few bucks to watch in game with crystal clear 1080p graphics.

Oh, the ability to hear live commentary inside the game and see exactly what players are doing would be nice too.

He can subscribe. He's complaining that he has to pay to get 1080p.

---------------------

inSec's Zac so stronk.

garath

Haha thanks but im just not sure its worth the effort. If im in the mood for some league I can just play some ARAM.

My problem is that more games than not seem to have people ruining the game in it. Considering a game lasts at least 40 mins if no surrender and my time these days is so much mroe limited (I have a 3 month old) Im just starting to think it isn't worth the time or stress. ARAM is just a fun 20-30 min brawl.

Its also not like Im good enough at the game to carry my team. I can play support decent enough and can jungle or mid OK. Well enough that with a team also working properly we can get stuff done. However Im not good enough to just carry every game. Especially when most games I don't get the position I would want due to how people act in champ select.

You just got 30 recently right? Might be worth putting a couple hundred games into some normal draft. It's a lot more chill without that ranking hanging over your head and a good place to work on your skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom