• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Jungle Nauti, and had an amazing early game. Then our top lane kept going afk to "take bong hitz", died 15 times and helped snowball 2 enemy lanes. Fucking stoners.

Blizzard

Banned
Good memories of the dunkmaster jungle video with the stone bros.

Opinions on the new Yi?

The word is that he's fucking broken lol.
I lost 2/3 of the games I tried him in, but I'm not a good player. I got a quadra in the game that I won though. I think he is quite strong for people who know what they're doing.

Of course this victory didn't count since it was blind pick and we had 5 smite and we were wandering lanes and the yi was just randomly going wherever, only rarely showing up to teamfights, but even so the damage people would take was almost comical:

yiy1kxd.png

Blizzard

Banned
I took another one.

yi2dpra0.png

Unfortunately this also doesn't count since this they didn't have a jungler until one of their duo top moved to the jungle several minutes in. I think the first death I was chasing a quadra and died in alpha strike when the fourth kill was about to happen.

My ultimate strategic conclusion on that build is that zeal may once have been better, though. At some point slightly after finishing those items, you discover you really want some more AS or AD.

garath

I've played Yi a few times and he does seem to get a pretty decent power spike if you have any sort of farm. He's really squishy though. Much more than AP Yi because you can't just pop a 300ap meditate anymore. I haven't done amazing. The best games I had wasn't because Master Yi but because I was jungling well.

I think people just forgot how to play against him.

Welp... first time jungle Diana. Built more as an initiator/peeler since Brand and Cait were doing mighty fine when left alone. My Qs were pretty much forcing Flashes. I was building toward Randuin then gonna top it off with Gauntlet for dat stickiness. I don't know if I want Zyra or Diana anymore. Diana has amazing sustain in the jungle, but doesn't have very good ganks until 6.

edit: I think battlecast urgot looks cool why does everyone hate it :(
Actually, Riot wished they went with Battlecast Urgot as default skin, since the latter turns off a lot of players.

scy

I'm pretty sure I afk'd that game.

Edit: Also, kiunch, you should watch this totally Korean video. It's about playing mid! Rapidstar even demos a game as Ahri!

Edit2: Actually, everyone should because that video is crazy. All the summer lesson videos are crazy. In a korean way.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'm pretty sure I afk'd that game.

Edit: Also, kiunch, you should watch this totally Korean video. It's about playing mid! Rapidstar even demos a game as Ahri!

Edit2: Actually, everyone should because that video is crazy. All the summer lesson videos are crazy. In a korean way.

Faker told me to believe in myself, don't hesitate when going all in for a team fight. In fact, he said I shouldn't even waste time telling my teammate, they should react to it. At least I am doing one thing right.

Can Fizz be tanky enough to be played as a top laner?

Edit: I always just spam pings to tell my teammates I'm engaging. I almost wish League had voice chat at times, but it would probably be TERRIBLE most of the time.

scy

To be fair, some of the time that's true. It's hard to say "hey, engage with me here" since the moment might be lost due to stopping to say it.

Honestly, a lot of the time, it's the followup that's bad/going too far, not really your engage itself.

Edwardo

Edit: I always just spam pings to tell my teammates I'm engaging. I almost wish League had voice chat at times, but it would probably be TERRIBLE most of the time.

It would definitely be useful, but unfortunately on Dota 2 people use it to flame their teammates more often than not. I'm assuming it's the same way in HoN. It'll unfortunately most likely translate to the same thing in League.

It would definitely be useful, but unfortunately on Dota 2 people use it to flame their teammates more often than not. I'm assuming it's the same way in HoN. It'll unfortunately most likely translate to the same thing in League.

At least with no voice chat I get to pretend that these people aren't actually real. I can't imagine actually hearing the words that people say when you pick the role they wanted in champ select come out of someone's mouth.

garath

Got my placement matches done. 3 wins and 7 loses lol. Had some god awful games. Ended up bronze 2. I was expecting worse to be honest.

Ouch :( At least you have room to climb now. Bronze 2 is a little better than I'd expect with 3/7. Must have had some more challenging opponents.

Keep at it and carry hard.

Ouch :( At least you have room to climb now. Bronze 2 is a little better than I'd expect with 3/7. Must have had some more challenging opponents.

Keep at it and carry hard.

One match I noticed my entire team was about 1-3 wins. 4 of opposing were over 200 wins.

Most games had morons like so often in normals. I kept ok stats in the games lost but I dunno if that factors.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
One match I noticed my entire team was about 1-3 wins. 4 of opposing were over 200 wins.

Most games had morons like so often in normals. I kept ok stats in the games lost but I dunno if that factors.
lots of wins don't really mean anything. if anything it would be disparaging that people have so many games but haven't moved up.

scy

I would have thought it was over various levels others how can it place you accurately?

Essentially, the placements take your existing MMR and just gives a greater-than-normal K-value for adjustment. Basically, you play against similarly skilled people still but the gains are higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom