• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ok... Riot can fuck off. I don't know what they're basing their balancing decisions on anymore. Just a month ago they were talking about buffing him. Suddenly, he gets a little popular and he needs a nerf?
This is like the most insignificant change of all time.

zkylon

zkylewd
well her other skins are like a billion years old. I mean new regular sejuani is just as good as that anivia skin.

bjaelke

lS0n6XY.jpg

Sightstone changed on PBE to include charges in the item bar rather than above the ability bar. I assume the flask was changed as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
They're fairly high right now on the PBE. 0.6-0.7 on all her abilities.
well if I recall correctly the ratios and base damages on zyra's abilities were all pretty high, were promptly nerfed into the ground and now people barely play her as support.

so we'll see, 0.6 and 0.7 isn't that crazy, really

Boken

Banned
Cool thanks, I'll give that a shot.
its not purely a playstyle thing -
nashors tooth is for pushing mid lane and split pushing

its not an incredibly amazing team fighting item unless the enemy has no cc

Anivia skin is legendary, not worth it.
q8devil da killjoy
maybe he likes the new voicework

also, lissandra has like, 3.75 AP ratio in 5s, which is pretty decent actually

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
its not purely a playstyle thing -
nashors tooth is for pushing mid lane and split pushing

its not an incredibly amazing team fighting item unless the enemy has no cc

Oh I see. What would you suggest instead, just stacking AP items? I'm thinking deathcap / hextech gunblade / lich bane / rylais.

Boken

Banned
a standard as ever diana build is

dorans ring - abyssal - (haunting guise if they have early aegis) - zhonyas - GA (if high priority dive target + its unsafe for you) - Dcap (otherwise)

dive the adc all day

abyssal first if vs ap, armguard if vs ad

bjaelke

also, lissandra has like, 3.75 AP ratio in 5s, which is pretty decent actually
She's quite strong. I've played a few games with her and I really like the synergy between her skills - quite the opposite of Quinn really. You can see the thought process behind her design and to me it's really well executed.

Oh I see. What would you suggest instead, just stacking AP items? I'm thinking deathcap / hextech gunblade / lich bane / rylais.

You can't go wrong with an Hourglass.

You want Abyssal, Sorc's shoes, Zhonya's, Deathcap, then your last 2 are pretty situational. Some sort of CDR is pretty necessary, so Athene's if you're having mana issues, DFG for more AP or Nashor's Tooth if you want to push more. I only really like Nashor's in top lane though. Void staff is a good 6th option if they're building tanky. Loch Bane's not bad as a 6th either.

Abyssal and Zhonya's are your must haves though. You should be going Abyssal first, Zhonya's second.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
a standard as ever diana build is

dorans ring - abyssal - (haunting guise if they have early aegis) - zhonyas - GA (if high priority dive target + its unsafe for you) - Dcap (otherwise)

dive the adc all day

abyssal first if vs ap, armguard if vs ad

You can't go wrong with an Hourglass.

You want Abyssal, Sorc's shoes, Zhonya's, Deathcap, then your last 2 are pretty situational. Some sort of CDR is pretty necessary, so Athene's if you're having mana issues, DFG for more AP or Nashor's Tooth if you want to push more. I only really like Nashor's in top lane though. Void staff is a good 6th option if they're building tanky. Loch Bane's not bad as a 6th either.

Abyssal and Zhonya's are your must haves though. You should be going Abyssal first, Zhonya's second.

Haha OK I was way off the mark, thanks for the tips. I'll give these a shot.

garath

I get the impression Lissandra will end up in Zyra's situation: designed to be a mage, end up as support.

She's almost definitely going that route. Zyra was really really strong on release. So much CC and so much damage all rolled into one. She got nerfed hard.

I unsure why Lissandra is going to be more balanced than release Zyra. Every single ability is a CC.

But we'll see. If nothing else I love the scorned mages turned supports. Zyra is my best support.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I unsure why Lissandra is going to be more balanced than release Zyra. Every single ability is a CC.
Long cooldowns. Very short range.

The cooldowns become super low mid to late game though. She is honestly ridiculous on the PBE.

Ok... Riot can fuck off. I don't know what they're basing their balancing decisions on anymore. Just a month ago they were talking about buffing him. Suddenly, he gets a little popular and he needs a nerf?

That's how it works.

Champ comes out, everyone says they are garbage unless they are blatantly OP.

Some pro starts playing it, everyone starts playing it, champ is not garbage anymore but considered good.

Riot thinks that popularity = OP and nerfs said champ into the ground.

Champ actually is now garbage, no one plays them anymore.

The Voli nerf is especially bad because that one ability is so easy to counterpick.

Boken

Banned
That's how it works.

Champ comes out, everyone says they are garbage unless they are blatantly OP.

Some pro starts playing it, everyone starts playing it
and realises that said champ is pretty stronk

like kayle
kayle didnt exist until the koreans popularised her and nobody would deny how strong she was pre Q nerf

not that im defending the voli nerf or anything, i love volibear. though tbh it doesnt seem like a massive hit to him "to the ground". :/

kayos, where are you working?

Blizzard

Banned
well if I recall correctly the ratios and base damages on zyra's abilities were all pretty high, were promptly nerfed into the ground and now people barely play her as support.

so we'll see, 0.6 and 0.7 isn't that crazy, really
Dingdingding, I miss Zyra mid. You still see it once in a while but not often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom