• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

So. Wait. I thought Lissandra was Ashe's sister or something?

Sibling rivalry.
Freljord has become a land of endless conflict since the "War of the Three Sisters" broke out. Even though Freljord already has a sovereign, tribal leaders still fight for it bringing with them their tribes.

The Winter's Claw tribe is led by the ferocious Sejuani. When she was born the tribe's mystics foretold that she would be Freljord's sovereign and she has held on to that prophecy to this day. On the day of her twentieth birthday, Sejuani declared to her tribe that she would lead them to war against the other tribes for the conquest of Freljord. She has since been attacking village after village, pillaging what resources the village had left and sparing those who wished to join her army. One of her more notable accomplishments was the forging of an alliance between the Winter's Claw and the new Ursine leader, Volibear.

The Avarosan are those whom are loyal to Queen Ashe. Unlike the members of the Winter's Claw, they are more peaceful and focus more on agriculture than on combat, though they are still very much capable of defending themselves. Ashe's rise to power began when the princess of the Ice Dervish, Lissandra, swore fealty to her. She then began an alliance with Tryndamere, the high chieftain of the barbarian tribes. Anivia soon after joined Ashe in her campaign to unify the tribes as both share the same beliefs. Eventaully, Freljord ascended to city-state status and Ashe as their queen, Tryndamere as her chosen king and league champion, Nunu, as the emissary for the League.

The Frostguard can also be considered a seperate faction from the Avarosan because of their leader, Lissandra. According to her League record, Lissandra is in fact the Ice Witch in disguise and that she has corrupted the once benevolent guardians of Freljord into her twisted minions, although the Freljordians still believe that they are still the ancient guardians that have protected Freljord since. Also, in Trundle's League record, he had made a deal with the Ice Witch. It states that, in exchange for her ice club, he promised her the fealty of the trolls.

Sheik

What are some good tanky bruiser champs? I've established that I prefer top/mid and I've already got my eye on a bunch of assassins, but I'd like to try out some more defensive champs now. Renekton seems pretty good, been playing him and he can take a beating.

zkylon

zkylewd
olaf, jax, irelia, darius are very good but they're not "defensive"

on the more tanky side there's malph, shen, chogath, yorick

IsayFever

she's one of the three freljord princesses (the other two being ashe and sejuani). I dunno why she's evil or if they're related (and how they can all be princesses without sharing a king), lol's lore is pretty boring really.

nope. The Ashe's sister Lissandra is long dead. The Lissandra in current form / lore is an ancient evil ice witch that killed Lissandra and assumed her form.

Lissy passive works with minions, so in lane, harass with Q and use her AoE to hit minions and farm to reset her passive for free harass with her Q.

Her Q is such a good harass tool.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh got it.

Oh and I hear people talking about Bronze a lot. I got placed into Silver when starting ranked games. Uh, did I skip Bronze entirely?
yeah you have to be really bad/have very bad luck (it happens) to get put in bronze.

now good luck with getting out of silver...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What are some good tanky bruiser champs? I've established that I prefer top/mid and I've already got my eye on a bunch of assassins, but I'd like to try out some more defensive champs now. Renekton seems pretty good, been playing him and he can take a beating.
You already found the best one.

So Ahri is going to be on sale tomorrow. I bought her exactly a week ago. Do you think if a sumbit a ticket to support, will they give me back the difference?

I'm only curious, if not it's cool. I just don't know if a week is too much time.

zkylon

zkylewd
So Ahri is going to be on sale tomorrow. I bought her exactly a week ago. Do you think if a sumbit a ticket to support, will they give me back the difference?

I'm only curious, if not it's cool. I just don't know if a week is too much time.
can't hurt to ask.

I think you're gonna be disappointed though, sorry.

what are the other champs/skins on sale?

This is why you only buy champs with RP when they are 50% off or the bundle when they first release.

scy

Usually the refund period was close to a week or so for things like sales, if I recall. Honestly, why not give it a try? It's not like you'll lose anything for trying :x

Usually the refund period was close to a week or so for things like sales, if I recall. Honestly, why not give it a try? It's not like you'll lose anything for trying :x

I'll give it a try. I asked in the forums and some people said they'll refound if you bought a champion and then in less than 2 weeks it goes in sale.

Still, I'll send it expecting to be disappointed.

And I did look up to the sales history, in that thread about champions sale. I actually told a friend that I was expecting Ahri to go on sale in April or June.

But some weeks ago Ahri was on the free rotation, and you have to keep on mind that since the first day I started playing League I wanted to try out Ahri. (Due to my liking to foxes)
I actually saved every bit of IP from level 1 to lvl 20, since I wanted to buy Ahri and runes for her. So from lvl1 to lvl20 I only played with the ones in the free rotation, until lvl14 when I started to play with Tristana almost always.

Then Ahri went on the free rotation and I got the opportunity to play with her, and I liked her a lot. Even though once that week ended and I bought Vi and Caitlyn(when they went on sale) I still wanted to play with Ahri, and I was like... "you know what? damn waiting, I'll just bought her right now" and I did it.

I don't regret it, but it will be nice to get some RP back... since I bought 3(6 in total) runes pages. And it would be nice to have some more RP so I can buy IP boost. [I need more IP to buy runes for Vi].

And now, here I am. Another person, waiting patiently (not that patiently...) for the Foxfire skin to go on sale. Eventually... I still hold some hope.

Please be soon, I'm too weak and I fear I'll end buying the skin in any moment, hahaha.
I'm serious

zkylon

zkylewd
I think you're fucked on the foxfire ahri skin, I bought it when it was on sale, it'll be a while. midnight and dynasty too.

foxfire ahri is great, dem fiery tails so sexy

Yeah I bought Battle Bunny Riven and it went on sale 10 days later. I sent them a support ticket and they refunded me the difference. They'll do it if you bought within 2 weeks.

So what about Vayne, I am getting close to her IP cost and she seems intriguing - a bit different than the other adcs.

Vayne's great, she's pretty tough to master though. She's squishy early game but she scales probably harder than any other champion in the game. Her, Kog' Maw and Tristana turn into late game hypercarries.

scy

Personally, I don't think Vayne's in a great spot right now. At least not compared to Caitlyn, MF, Varus, Draven, etc. I'd honestly consider her last of the hyper carry ADCs.

That said, ADC is mostly about how well you play it rather than just the champion themselves. I'd suggest to stick to safer ones if only because it's easier to do your job that way with all the diving going on. Playing what you work well with will ultimately mean more.

Yeah I bought Battle Bunny Riven and it went on sale 10 days later. I sent them a support ticket and they refunded me the difference. They'll do it if you bought within 2 weeks.

Well, that's nice to hear. Have you used all your refunds(those 3 refunds you can do), or Riot doesn't take in account if you have or not refunds left?

I think you're fucked on the foxfire ahri skin, I bought it when it was on sale, it'll be a while. midnight and dynasty too.

foxfire ahri is great, dem fiery tails so sexy

Then I can foresee my wallet crying.... (worth it)

JesseZao

So I thought I would finally get rid of the stray sub tier 3 runes I had by using the rune combiner (just bothered me having a x1 in the list). I bought a few tier 1s to turn the sum into a tier 3. The result? A rune I already had 9 of so now I have a x10 set >_<. I figured it wouldn't be allowed since you can't buy more than 9 anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I thought I would finally get rid of the stray sub tier 3 runes I had by using the rune combiner (just bothered me having a x1 in the list). I bought a few tier 1s to turn the sum into a tier 3. The result? A rune I already had 9 of so now I have a x10 set >_<. I figured it wouldn't be allowed since you can't buy more than 9 anymore.
rofl riot pls

Ferga

Personally, I don't think Vayne's in a great spot right now. At least not compared to Caitlyn, MF, Varus, Draven, etc. I'd honestly consider her last of the hyper carry ADCs.

That said, ADC is mostly about how well you play it rather than just the champion themselves. I'd suggest to stick to safer ones if only because it's easier to do your job that way with all the diving going on. Playing what you work well with will ultimately mean more.

She does well in solo queue if you know how to play her. Been carried by a lot of Vaynes recently. Had a game where a decently farmed Vayne cleaned up a 1v4 with style.

But yeah, unless you are willing to put in a tonne of games to learn her tumble and condemn mechanics, I don't recommend her. You need to dedicate yourself to be a good Vayne player.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Have to agree her range nerf gives her almost no early game and anytime you wish trade means death if you get peeled or teammates aren't going to help.

She isn't that great late game except in damage which is usually negated by a good team being organized and killing her first.

You can win with her but like ashe or even ez these days just gotta go with something safe like you mentioned.

Boken

Banned
So. Wait. I thought Lissandra was Ashe's sister or something?

she's one of the three freljord princesses (the other two being ashe and sejuani). I dunno why she's evil or if they're related (and how they can all be princesses without sharing a king), lol's lore is pretty boring really.

shes actually the ice witch who killed lissandra and took her place.

in other news, i tried to play draven for the first time in aram yesterday. it was so hard.

Vayne's Condemn range is getting buffed as well. When it goes live, I'd say she'd be in a pretty good spot.

With some luck you might end up with a dodge rune. I've seen someone who still has it.

JesseZao

Vayne's Condemn range is getting buffed as well. When it goes live, I'd say she'd be in a pretty good spot.

With some luck you might end up with a dodge rune. I've seen someone who still has it.

I ended up cycling a few more and in the end i just destroyed em all. Nothing good :(

Wasted around 1-2k IP. lol

I won't be going to Vegas any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom