• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dingdingding, I miss Zyra mid. You still see it once in a while but not often.

The nerf to the missile speed of her E is why you barely see any Zyra players lately.

garath

I mean, it's way better than old launch skins, but the new launch skins have had voice changes, some pretty cool particle changes, or some actual model changes. Lizzy's skin just looks like color changes.

A lot of the lastest launch skins have been not much more than recolors with a couple little extra touches. Quinn's, Zac's (hey! I'm purple with extra things on my head), Lissandra.

It makes me much less inclined to get any sort of bundle. I understand they all can't be Mecha Kha'zix but do a little more than a recolor.

Jenga

Banned
The Udyr patch finally arrived in our region. Jungle Tryn with no Smite = steal every buff and stalk him in his jungle. Reworked Phoenix is just AMAZING with the burst, and the improved visuals give it presence. I can't say I feel the MS from his passive.

try udyr with ghost

seriously, I dropped flash for it almost permanently now (except when they have j4)

I played Newdyr the other day, took ghost and went swiftness boots with alacrity augment. Running at over 600 MS every time I changed stance (had MS quints too). Also had a zilean in my game, so he would speed me up. So fun. Nobody escapes a bear stance stun at that speed.

--------------------

Just noticed they changed the cost of fort pots to 350. That sucks. I liked the tactic of choosing to be more sustainy in lane and picking up a lot of health pots, or really going aggressive and picking up a fort pot. Now if you start with a fort pot you can only buy one ward and no health pots or 2 health pots and no ward.

Feels like an unnecessary nerf tbh.

I don't think the Lissandra skin is that bad tbh. The red/black ice effects looks awesome and it has a different recall animation from the looks of it. Her model is a bit icky I guess.

falastini

It's not really what the Voli nerfs are that annoy me (it's pretty small)... it's the reasoning (or lack of) behind it. I mean in a span of a few months they're talking about how his kit is broken to "he needs nerfs".

I hope this isn't the end of his changes. I'll more then welcome this nerf if they plan to rework some of his other abilties.

Maybe I'm just sour, because it seems like they're nerfing all my champs, who were unchanged for so long, but recently became popular (singed, lux).

Here's the thread where devs were talking about fixing him (in December)

zkylon

zkylewd
For a sustained caster I'd say that's high.
ah I didn't know she had low cooldowns.

well, maybe she's OP. it wouldn't be the first time.

edit: well only one spell has a low cooldown, and it's on a .65 ratio, though it's AoE, which sounds stupid, though it has a pretty punishing mana cost.

the big thing seems to be that every spell is an offensive one, her combo seems to be something like QREWQ.

scy

A large part of it is the flawed initial premise: His jungle wasn't that bad with the Season 3 changes. The additional ~10% base ASPD did help him a lot as well. His Q is a really good ganking tool in general. He needs some QoL changes for his kit perhaps but he was definitely not a trash tier garbage champion.

Shifts in the meta, or even just people actually trying things out, do a lot for perception of champion viability. It's easy to say that a champion is weak and needs help and completely miss what they can actually do given the right team comp, build, or even just player skill.

There's over 100 champions. It's fairly easy to overlook how good something is, especially without any direct changes to them.

That said, Volibear's ult still has that awkward cast pause right? riot pls

the big thing seems to be that every spell is an offensive one, her combo seems to be something like QREWQ.

For lane? It'd probably just be E-Q-W-Q. Set up the Blink, land a Q, blink onto them, snare them, and then Q until they die. Alternatively, leading with R (or Blinking into range for it) to pick someone off.

Her teamfight would probably be E in, W, and then ult herself. The ol' Zhonya's bait engage.

Edit: On that note, her base stats are a lot better than I originally figured she'd get (~450 base HP, ~14 base Armor). Her slow speed will make her an awkward roamer though ;__;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maybe I'm just sour, because it seems like they're nerfing all my champs, who were unchanged for so long, but recently became popular (singed, lux).
What is Season 3 and the item changes? What are other champions getting nerfed? Singed was ridiculous. Lux still is. She is one of the safest champions in the game to play with massive rewards for the smallest amount of effort.

scy

Incidentally, Singed has been popular for awhile. If anything, his popularity went down a little with Season 3 and then went back up I thought?

If all else fails, blame Korea/Shy.

she can't cast when in ice form. Maybe solo that's the right combo, in a teamfight it would be like QEWR(on self)

Honestly, I'd just try to not use her ult in lane for a kill due to the cooldown (130/105/80). Save it for roaming and picking someone off. Her EWQ is enough gap close and CC to force Summoner's/out of lane. In theory, anyhow.

We'll see, I guess.

I just started Sivir - amazing.
Between Ashe, Caitlyn and her definately the funnest adc I own (she also feels like the strongest of the three).
Gonna main her for the next couple games.

scy

The range on her E makes her able to bypass wards and setup ganks.

I'm talking about in terms of wave timings and how long she takes to go from mid to either side lane, really. The mobility of her E is good for the actual gank / bypassing wards so that's not really the issue here. Everything about her kit screams amazing gank potential, the farmer in me is just sad at how long it'll take her to walk to position.

Between Ashe, Caitlyn and her definately the funnest adc I own (she also feels like the strongest of the three).

Honestly, Sivir is probably one of the worst ADCs right now :x

But if you enjoy her, keep on with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
For lane? It'd probably just be E-Q-W-Q. Set up the Blink, land a Q, blink onto them, snare them, and then Q until they die. Alternatively, leading with R (or Blinking into range for it) to pick someone off.

Her teamfight would probably be E in, W, and then ult herself. The ol' Zhonya's bait engage.

Edit: On that note, her base stats are a lot better than I originally figured she'd get (~450 base HP, ~14 base Armor). Her slow speed will make her an awkward roamer though ;__;
she can't cast when in ice form. Maybe solo that's the right combo, in a teamfight it would be like QEWR(on self)
I wasn't thinking of a self ult, though really I wonder if there's any other way of surviving putting yourself up in their faces.

but yeah, it's probably smarter to cast E before your other spells, though I imagine if it is anything like anivia's q then slows will help aiming it.

bjaelke

I'm talking about in terms of wave timings and how long she takes to go from mid to either side lane, really. The mobility of her E is good for the actual gank / bypassing wards so that's not really the issue here. Everything about her kit screams amazing gank potential, the farmer in me is just sad at how long it'll take her to walk to position.
Mobility boots. The core in the good old Sion/Leblanc roam build.
I wasn't thinking of a self ult, though really I wonder if there's any other way of surviving putting yourself up in their faces.

Zhonya's Hourglass is part of her recommended items (Seeker's Armguard is an "essential"). That way you wont be forced to use your ultimate on yourself every time, but can use it as an engage/disengage.

garath

I'm going to buy her day 1 and jungle her. And support. Mobo boots incoming.

scy

Well, actually Zhonya's baiting instead of pseudo Zhonya's baiting with her ult.

Mobility boots. The core in the good old Sion/Leblanc roam build.

While true, it's having to give up Sorc Boots for it. Depends on how hard you want to be roaming and how much the cs loss from the gank attempts matters. Honestly, it'll probably just be a case of "deal with it" regarding the one wave.

Basically, I was hoping for not 325 base movement, even though I really should know better~

I'm going to buy her day 1 and jungle her. And support. Mobo boots incoming.

I can't imagine her doing well in the jungle.

Honestly, or as a support. Her (pre-6) hard CC being a point-blank AoE means she has to all-in to setup an all-in. Her ult being an on-demand target stun is fairly significant though...

garath

I can't imagine her doing well in the jungle.

Honestly, or as a support. Her (pre-6) hard CC being a point-blank AoE means she has to all-in to setup an all-in. Her ult being an on-demand target stun is fairly significant though...

Haha, yeah. The jungle probably isn't happening but support can work. Poke with Q. If you see an all-in opportunity, E->E->W->Q. If you have ult, ult yourself for the magic damage if they aren't running, else ult the target. Wonder what her base stats are.

scy

Haha, yeah. The jungle probably isn't happening but support can work. Poke with Q. If you see an all-in opportunity, E->E->W->Q. If you have ult, ult yourself for the magic damage if they aren't running, else ult the target. Wonder what her base stats are.

She can free poke every 18s (16s if it hits both of them though that shouldn't be that common) due to her passive. She just doesn't have the ranged setup that, say, Zyra or Elise do. She has to EEW the all-in which is questionable in solo queue for follow-ups. The ult is strong though so that may be enough in the end.

It'll be interesting to see if nothing else, I suppose. I just don't want to have to compete with support players for her :x

Edit: Actually, wait, does her Passive work with minions? I just assumed it didn't. She could be used as a Leona-esque support with a ranged poke. Damn it, now this is definitely going to be a contested pick ;__;

As for her base stats, it's 365 (+84) Health, 210 (+50) Mana, 48 (+2.7) AD, 10 (+3.7) Armor, 30 (+0.0) MR. Haven't seen the scaling on her regens yet but it's 6 HP5/5 MP5 at 1.

bjaelke

I'm going to try her out in the jungle. Almost at the end of the 9000+ queue. Suppose I'll just run with AS runes and max Q first. It's a bit like Vi's E, so should clear camps at an acceptable speed...I hope.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Haha, yeah. The jungle probably isn't happening but support can work. Poke with Q.
The range is probably too short.
Edit: Actually, wait, does her Passive work with minions? I just assumed it didn't. She could be used as a Leona-esque support with a ranged poke. Damn it, now this is definitely going to be a contested pick ;__;
No, it doesn't work on minions.

I don't see her as a support. I don't think she could get in close and do enough without just easily being focused down. She will lose up close and get outpoked from a distance.

zkylon

zkylewd

As for her base stats, it's 365 (+84) Health, 210 (+50) Mana, 48 (+2.7) AD, 10 (+3.7) Armor, 30 (+0.0) MR. Haven't seen the scaling on her regens yet but it's 6 HP5/5 MP5 at 1.
slow minions for passive, push lane, dive under tower for the snare, have mage stats and die gg

As already stated Sivir is definitely the worst ADC in the game right now. She needs a lot of work done to her...again. It's a shame too cause she also one of my favorite ADC's, but I just refuse to play her right now with the state she is in.

IsayFever

As already stated Sivir is definitely the worst ADC in the game right now. She needs a lot of work done to her...again. It's a shame too cause she also one of my favorite ADC's, but I just refuse to play her right now with the state she is in.

I'd take a Sivir pick over a Corki pick any day of the week. She's leaps and bounds better than that shitty pilot

I'd take a Sivir pick over a Corki pick any day of the week. She's leaps and bounds better than that shitty pilot

I was going to say Corki, but I thought he was better. I just started playing again recently and haven't touched him since. I know he has issues as well. Mainly mana issues if I'm not mistaken?

IsayFever

I was going to say Corki, but I thought he was better. I just started playing again recently and haven't touched him since. I know he has issues as well. Mainly mana issues if I'm not mistaken?

Range, Damage, Stats, Mana, Scaling, Kit

He's a complete shit pile.

scy

To be honest, I forgot about Corki.

Sivir is fairly popular in the Korean scene. Not a top contested ADC but she gets picked from time to time.

She has an auto-attack reset so that helps her case a lot. Spell shield is a good anti-CC skill too. Her big problem right now is she's really mana intensive and her ult isn't that good.

It's more just a case of there being better ADC options. If she has something she can Spell Shield consistently AND bully, she's not too terrible.

They're all great. Well except for Corki and Quinn. Get the free Tristana if you haven't already picked it up.

I eagerly await Quinn's first set of balance tweaks ;__; Or rebranding her as an AD Mid.

zkylon

zkylewd
So. Wait. I thought Lissandra was Ashe's sister or something?
she's one of the three freljord princesses (the other two being ashe and sejuani). I dunno why she's evil or if they're related (and how they can all be princesses without sharing a king), lol's lore is pretty boring really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom