• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

New Seraph's is better sub-3000 Mana so it's better for everyone once they lose some mana. Worth keeping that in mind as well :x

LCGeek

formerly sane
Vayne's Condemn range is getting buffed as well. When it goes live, I'd say she'd be in a pretty good spot.

With some luck you might end up with a dodge rune. I've seen someone who still has it.

I'd rather have condemn go off when I use it. Nothing worse than ez, trist, graves, caitlyn or just about any adc with escape getting away cause it has a delay. The range will give vayne players better position to setup but it can't overcome that and most players smart enough will escape well before it goes off.

Issue is, Vayne requires a great jungler as well as a great support and is useless early game.Plus her silver bolts just don't do enough damage when you have Varus, Draven, Tristana, and such.

Not to mention the adorable Kog Maw.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/169/3/7/kog__maw_by_dorkette1990-d3j9dtd.png

Spot on about the early part. Silver bolts is an extra and not useful too late game they nerfed it hard a long time ago.

Blizzard

Banned
They already reworked Sivir's W, I wonder if they'll change it again. I don't really like it now because I'm terrible at timing the AA reset.

Boken

Banned
change it back to the old one
make it decay more
but every bounce applies on hit effects
aww yeah

well, as long as shes sexy, im happy

zkylon

zkylewd
eclipse_leona_by_sunnykoda-d60dj2t.jpg
sex

Agkel

Holy shit, that is pretty awesome. Is that official?

Also, I remember seeing one of when skins went on sale and then you could somewhat predict when they would go on sale again due to their history. But it was hit or miss, so I didnt bookmark it.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Played the most amazing game ever 2nite. Long story short we are down 3 towers and behind 15 kills, with all 3 inhibs gone. Minions/super minions surround the nexus. They push. We defend and manage to kill 4 of them with only 50 hp for the nexus. We somehow win the game... *mindblown.

This game is emotional fuckery at its best. Happy as shit I one moment, pissed off the next!

Well, Riot just refunded me the difference, now I have enough RP for some IP boost/champions. gg Riot.

I'll let this here for the record, it may prove helpful for somebody.

Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for contacting me. Outside of our one-time use Token system, we do not normally provide refunds for items such as skins, champions, runes, champion/skin price reductions, or even sale reimbursement. However, we realize that purchasing an item right before it goes on sale can be frustrating and therefore I have made an exception for you and have given you the difference for this content as it was purchased within 2 weeks of the announcement of the sale.

Subtle

Volibear's new skin looks nice. I can't decide who my favorite support is. Either Janna or Sona. Sona's ult is a game changer, but Janna's tornadoes and movement buffs are awesome.

zkylon

zkylewd
can't decide on a new support... no one's giving me my sona feels :/

not even lulu

Well, Riot just refunded me the difference, now I have enough RP for some IP boost/champions. gg Riot.

I'll let this here for the record, it may prove helpful for somebody.
congrats.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah I dunno if you know me, but I'll take a million years to decide, I'll annoy everyone in the thread whining about it and then just buy whatever :p

Leezard

I also like monster hunter and fire emblem. Might this be common among LoL players?

Edit: Plat II, this goes fast. I only had to play 6 games in Plat III.

bjaelke

so next patch, elixers are getting put to 350 from 250. now ive been starting, with exlixers and pots before anyone thought about is, and along comes VOYBOY and his dumb ass to fuck it up. whats with riot, nerfing everything, just becasue voyboy does it, doesnt mean that they need to nerf the fuck out of it
:lol

Ferga

lol

...the cost increase on elixers is dumb though.

Elixirs in lane was dumb too. It was impossible for you to lose top lane if you got a small lead and had a red elixir on you at all times. Only counter to it was itself. And if you're behind, you really don't want to be getting red elixirs to avoid getting instagibbed randomly by farming.

scy

Well, you can still Elixir + Pot + Ward. You just can't Elixir + Pots + Ward.

I'm more interested in what this means long term for their use in-game. Buying Blue Pots in lieu of a CDR item was starting to show up, for instance.

Leezard

Laning against a jayce who always had a red elixir is one of my worst experiences in top lane. The nerf won't completely kill the start, just make it more of a tradeoff, as if you got boots or a dorans.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
They broke EUW again :[ every friday they break EUW for a spell

Blizzard

Banned
Well, you can still Elixir + Pot + Ward. You just can't Elixir + Pots + Ward.

I'm more interested in what this means long term for their use in-game. Buying Blue Pots in lieu of a CDR item was starting to show up, for instance.
I'm probably being stupid and just missing something, but what do you mean?

If you get a CDR item, that means you can burn mana faster than otherwise. If you get blue pots, you regain mana faster than otherwise...but if you don't have CDR, you can't use them as quickly. If you don't need the blue pots with CDR, why would you need them without it?

Is there some kind of trick to control which part of the minion wave gets hurt? After doing several coop games and refuse to do anything but CS, I noticed that I can miss CS simply because the minion is way too far. I don't want to get blown up trying to get that gold.

scy

Blue Pot + Blue buff for your CDR while you rush pure AP items first instead of getting an early CDR item and then building pure AP. It's less cost efficient, since you're blowing gold on something non-permanent, but it gives more power on demand so it, in theory, balances out.

Though, I wager the confusion is because of the terminology. "Blue Pot" and "Red Pot" refer to their respective Elixirs, not Mana and Health potions.

Edit: Basically, I should have said Brill Pots or Blue Elixirs instead of Blue Pots. Just used to calling them Red Pot / Blue Pot.

Is there some kind of trick to control which part of the minion wave gets hurt? After doing several coop games and refuse to do anything but CS, I noticed that I can miss CS simply because the minion is way too far. I don't want to get blown up trying to get that gold.

Run ahead of the minion wave and take aggro early. Lead them off to the side a bit as they follow you. When they retarget your minion wave, they'll collapse on the same target as opposed to colliding and spreading out evenly (or semi-evenly).

Edit: Just to add, this is more for getting their wave to push down yours a little faster but it also means putting their minions in a better spot for you to get to eventually. It's more for prepping how the next few waves will play out instead of the current wave (which will tend to be in a worse position for you, depending on how you lead them).

Kacar

Think I got stalled for too long in plat V, won 6 games in a row to only get to 54 points, then lost 2 and was back at 6 points.

So a 6-2 record got me absolutely nowhere.

Blizzard

Banned
Though, I wager the confusion is because of the terminology. "Blue Pot" and "Red Pot" refer to their respective Elixirs, not Mana and Health potions.

Edit: Basically, I should have said Brill Pots or Blue Elixirs instead of Blue Pots. Just used to calling them Red Pot / Blue Pot.
Yeah, blue elixir would make sense. Your first paragraph of the previous post said "Elixir + Pot + Ward", and the second sentence used "Blue Pots" to refer to Blue Elixirs. =P

I don't usually remember to buy elixirs, but I've bought a couple recently. They seem reasonable but the price change may make me stingy.

scy

Yeah, blue elixir would make sense. Your first paragraph of the previous post said "Elixir + Pot + Ward", and the second sentence used "Blue Pots" to refer to Blue Elixirs. =P

I don't usually remember to buy elixirs, but I've bought a couple recently. They seem reasonable but the price change may make me stingy.

To be fair, I did say I wondered what the effect would be long-term for games in regards to the Elixir cost. Elixir cost change wouldn't have anything to do with Health/Mana potions anyway.

That and Red Pot/Blue Pot are more common terms for the Elixirs than Health/Mana anyway~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom