• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Viktor is super awesome. My favorite AP mid/AP 3v3 character right next to Ahri.

He's annoying in 3s since the slow field is perfectly sized for basically ... all of the map. That said, a good Cassio is still my most feared AP in general for the map.

That or Annie.

garath

10,000 RP is a lot. The 13k total is probably enough for the next year for me lol.

I may go ahead and set up a direct deposit for $20 per paycheck into the card for a bit. Get the RP and consider it a "savings" account for xmas or something. Let it run for a couple months then turn it off.

jerd

I just mean that dealing with rage in blind isn't a problem for me, but I think it would piss me off too much in ranked. Need some tougher skin I guess.

Boken

Banned
yes? It's current patch and there won't be a new one that hits competitive play in time. even if there was riot isn't taking the steps to take the large number of broken champions that are literally pick/ban every game now.
like what
(nami is op)
Kassadin, Jayce, Ahri, Karthus, TF (Already been nerfed though) is what comes to my mind.

Edit: Forgot about Elise, but she has been nerfed too.

this list is weird

Korean TF
korean tf hasnt been impressive recently

Boken

Banned
But he has. Ambition played him earlier today.

There's a reason he's the most banned champion in the OGN Champions Summer.

thats because youre looking at total stats

for the semis, he was picked once (or twice?) and lost.

ambition played him today. and lost.

------------------------
fBAZrGs.png

S2 World Championship tickets on sale:
t1376596800z4.png

World Championship tickets will go on sale at www.ticketmaster.com on August 15 at 12:00PM PDT / 21:00 CEST. (1 hour before NA LCS) - [countdown]
Group Stage - Culver Sound Studios, September 15-21: $20 per day
Quarterfinals - Culver Sound Studios, September 23-24: $30 per day
Semifinals - Galen Center, September 27-28: $30-60 per day
Finals - Staples Center, October 4: $40-100
specific schedule: http://na.lolesports.com/season3/sp...hampionship-tickets-available-aug-15#schedule

note: culver sound studios range from 3000 square feet to 26000 square feet. Its unsure how much capacity riot has for the group stages, but I expect them to sell out FAST.

I think mid lane balance is better than it's been for most of S3. At least you don't see Jayce and TF in the pick/ban phases of literally 100% of high level pro games now. Ahri, Karthus, Orianna, Kassadin, Gragas, Zed, Diana (see China), TF, Jayce, and some others, all seem like legit picks. Ahri might be a bit too strong now that Ryze has been nerfed (he seems to have been dropped down a peg since then, but we'll see).

The long lane... eh, the threat of the 2v1 has narrowed the pool more than anything else. Expession played a superb Jax earlier today to take Najin Sword to victory over CJ Blaze. Rumble, Kennen, Zac, Yorick, Shen, Elise, Malphite, and a couple of others, seem to be the main picks, along with some champions normally seen mid thanks to all the lane switching. I think Zac and Shen might be too strong, especially with how good Spirit Visage is now (CDR on Shen is amazing for his DPS, CC and downtime on his ult, and Zac spams his non-ult abilities for dps and sustain). I won't lie, I miss Jax, Irelia and Nidalee a lot (kudos to Flame for pulling her out in game 1 of Blaze/KT B).

The jungle is a bit of a mess. Jarvan, Elise and Zac every game, with the odd Nasus and Eve thrown in. Occasionally you might see someone roll out Xin or Vi in hopes of an early snowball, or CloudTemplar might persevere with Amumu, or someone will play Nunu in a fast-push comp or with the right AD, but 90%+ it's two of the above five.

AD would be in a great spot except Twitch is overpowering everybody. You can make an argument for every AD except Sivir and Draven being legit picks (even MF (Genja) and Corki (Score) have seen play, and I suspect Corki will come back pretty big soon).

Support is okay. Sona, Nami and Thresh overshadow the others to an extent, but Zyra and Fiddle see a lot of play too. Alistar and Blitzcrank are legit picks for those who can play them well and are well capable of hard carrying games (see Frost/KT B game 2). Janna has a niche. Lulu is occasionally seen. I'd like to see Sona/Nami/Thresh dominate a little bit less.

Boken

Banned
long story short, i dont think 3.10 is the worlds patch

new items with small gold nerfs on PBE already.

worlds patch will prob be 3.11

Newt

we are talking about competitive here

and kassadin isnt even OP in solo queue. and jayce was never hugely successful in it either and got his gate gutted
Competitive includes 5v5 and solo Q. Of course champs like Shen and Karthus aren't that strong in solo Q, but they are extremely strong 5v5. (Though Shen isn't op, just strong).

Edit: As for Kassadin, a 52.7% solo q winrate is pretty strong.

Boken

Banned
Competitive includes 5v5 and solo Q. Of course champs like Shen and Karthus aren't that strong in solo Q, but they are extremely strong 5v5.
There's no point to group pro5v5 with solo queue under "competitive" if you get exceptions and differences.

Anyway, we were talking about esports Leeg o legends.

Yes, kassadin can be a solo q superstar for all he wants

drawkcaB

I'd rather they buff underserved champions at this point and improve itemization. I think the majority of the roster being UP (see largely varying degrees) has more to do with stale competitive picks than the ~10 champions who are OP. Actually, I think "OP champs" isn't close to being one of the reasons why the competitive scene has gotten stale in the first place - they're a symptom from a variety of issues, not the cause.

Einbroch

Banned
Oh wow, the Worlds are spread out that much? I was going to start looking into tickets/hotels/etc, but now I think I'll just pass.

I mean, group stages are one thing. But to spread out the semis and finals by a week?

Dang, that sucks, my friend and I really wanted to go.

DeadNames

Banned
Holy shit, Kennen is so broken. His ult just absolutely destroys. Not to mention his lightning burst attack can put a second stun mark on you. And on top of it all, he doesn't use mana.

Newt

Holy shit, Kennen is so broken. His ult just absolutely destroys. Not to mention his lightning burst attack can put a second stun mark on you. And on top of it all, he doesn't use mana.
I thought the same thing, but a good Janna just makes him so useless.

"Week 9 LCS"... is this real life? This shit is going to go on longer than the NHL playoffs. I can't stand this e-sports nonsense with LoL. Just release Lucian goddammit. I'm so mad, not really but you know.

Newt

They never got to that stage in the game where she's effective, but that's hardly her/Soaz's fault.
You're right it wasn't really her fault, the double AD comp was more of a bad pick and that's what probably lost them the game. It's just fun to hate on champs like Karma and Fiora.

Boken

Banned
Oh wow, the Worlds are spread out that much? I was going to start looking into tickets/hotels/etc, but now I think I'll just pass.

I mean, group stages are one thing. But to spread out the semis and finals by a week?

Dang, that sucks, my friend and I really wanted to go.
i know its your choice but i think if thats the case you should go for semis+finals and have a nice few days off in between

youll be missing out on the biggest/best esports event of the year

i think riot are going for the real sports style schedule which:
1. accounts for delays
2. allows teams to fully prepare for matches

Einbroch

Banned
i know its your choice but i think if thats the case you should go for semis+finals and have a nice few days off in between

youll be missing out on the biggest/best esports event of the year

i think riot are going for the real sports style schedule which:
1. accounts for delays
2. allows teams to fully prepare for matches

Yeah, but then it just gets too expensive. Looking at over $1200 a person. Also, I think I could convince a friend for a nice $600, four day trip, but it's just too expensive and too much time off work (for him, I can work on my laptop).

Oh well. I'm not faulting them, but this setup really hurts out-of-staters.

I don't know how this happened. (ARAM) Went home with 6000 gold at one point. I only had Boots1, Chalice and Emblem. 3 divers I don't know how I managed to peel.

Heart attack moment: Khaz going all out on me as I'm killing their nexus.

bjaelke

Soraka helps a lot early on. And her heal (armor buff) works great against that composition.

Also AP MF.

But that's still a fantastic score.

drawkcaB

Holy shit, Kennen is so broken.

He's not that bad, frankly. They just need to look at his E and makes the necessary changes. Longer CD at all levels or remove CD reduction on level ups, reduce[remove?] bonus armor and MR and he'll be in a good spot. But this is Riot were talking about, so who knows how many more nerfs they'll make before they finally figure out the right one.

Yeah. AP MF can work but not like that build. I just noticed the subpar Ashe build.

Man I missed having a 6-item WW. I could tank like 3 enemies and grab a kill in the process (as long as MF isn't shooting me). I think I had like 4000HP, 200+ armor and ~150 MR. I debated between Visage and Wits but I though the MR debuff might help teammates better.

Is muramana good on Ashe? She can probably charge that up really fast. But then she'll lose out on crit chance attk spd.
Genja usually does it in LCS. Not sure about the C9 Marksman. The idea was to frontload the damage using Ashe's passive, then have Volley spam help with the DPS. I think Genja had Berserker, Muramana and BT as his core on her.

It doesn't do as much DPS as the regular Marksman build. I think it has some niche for teams that plan to roam and ambush more often.

Boken

Banned
He's not that bad, frankly. They just need to look at his E and makes the necessary changes. Longer CD at all levels or remove CD reduction on level ups, reduce[remove?] bonus armor and MR and he'll be in a good spot. But this is Riot were talking about, so who knows how many more nerfs they'll make before they finally figure out the right one.

hes fine, his e is fine.

small cd nerfs, possibly, but he needs the AR/MR to fulfill engagement roles. hes already punished pretty hard for using it defensively

his "crushing" power is a low elo symptom (52%, silver, 50.5% gold, 50%plat, 49.5% dia, 50% NALCS WRates) where they get harassed to death by him and think that because he can escape them once, they either dont bother, or dont do it intelligently.

you guys, try building a dorans shield + pot and constantly going all in on him when clicks to auto you. most kennens dont react fast enough to prevent a few hits going in. and if you didnt catch him, dodge the obvious q follow up as he E's away

Is muramana good on Ashe? She can probably charge that up really fast. But then she'll lose out on crit chance attk spd.

muramana increases ashe's utility, allowing her to spam her W to waveclear, poke and keep the enemy team aoe slowed in a team fight. relative to other damage items, you will suffer. its also ok if you want to maximise the damage of your 1 or 2 auto attacks.

Blizzard

Banned
I miss it with 500AP. :(
DFG = 40% current health
Eve Ult = 35% max health

Baron/Dragon snipes were ez mode with the ult.

I remember this really stupid game I had where it was pretty much me (vanilla remake Eve) against pre-nerf Rengar carrying our teams with 22/x/x scores. Whoever gets gibbed first loses the teamfight.
Oh man, I forgot about that too, ludicrous Baron damage over the wall with the ult.

I kind of miss the days in general of funky item active combos. DFG gunblade shunpo old Kat ult, I choose you! Also somewhere along the line I guess I wasn't paying attention when lich blade was nerfed. I thought it used to be 100% of your AP, but now it's a lower percentage.

Oh man, I forgot about that too, ludicrous Baron damage over the wall with the ult.

I kind of miss the days in general of funky item active combos. DFG gunblade shunpo old Kat ult, I choose you! Also somewhere along the line I guess I wasn't paying attention when lich blade was nerfed. I thought it used to be 100% of your AP, but now it's a lower percentage.

Lich was reworked a bit starting S3. IIRC changes were:
- Added base damage (makes rushing Lich not bad)
- Nerfed ratio (rip TF melting towers)
- Removed MR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom