• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
and when you try to do that he's like "lol BYE" and he lightning dashes away

if you can catch him off guard, an E+Q will put you in range to hit him with a W stun

hit him once, and get the 3rd Q to push him back away from his tower

but yeah, if you can make him waste his lightning rush every time you E at him, you will burn through his energy

Boken

Banned
What ended up happening, I want the dramatic conclusion!

oplT7rA.png

txVlCtU.png

Boken

Banned
Jungling takes patience and takes a lot of practice to get right. It seems like you're stuck in a mindset of "i must gank and get kills to do well". It is so very wrong. You apply pressure to the map and control objectives. Junglers give or take leads in a lane through pressure. If laners see you approaching, they back the hell off and lose cs and exp. You just gave your laner a small lead which can snowball them.

There's also the mechanic of Counter ganking. It is possibly the hardest thing to do as a jungler.

It isn't just about you coincidentally being in the lane to protect your laner when they are getting ganked or you being in the lane when you see the enemy jungler waiting in a warded bush.

It involves you being near the lane to help out when the enemy jungler is about to gank. This is a pretty difficult skill to get right as you need to memorise jungle timers for buffs (hence predicting the lane where the enemy jungler will gank or pressure next), predict whether the enemies will give up buffs for ganks and shutdowns and reading the mini map and your laner's positioning.

E.g. The game timer is 7;10. The enemy jungler's second round of buffs is spawning right now or in the next 5 seconds. You ask yourself 3 things:
1. Are you able to counter jungle them and smite steal? To do this, read where the 2 mid laners are. They are the most influential in all counter jungling plays for the second and third round of buffs.
2. Do you think the jungler will neglect his second buff to gank a nearby lane who is being pressured? If so, you either ping the incoming gank for your team and head towards the enemy's second buff while reading the position of both mid laners OR you go to the lane you think he is going to gank and wait.
3. Are you able to gank a lane at the opposite side of the map or help in pushing down a tower.

You will get many of these predictions wrong when you start out but you will learn to start making the correct choices in many of the situations.

You can't call the jungle useless because from what you said, it seems like you are very inexperienced at it.

Meteos has been reading neogaf MAYBE

Meteos' tips for jungling in solo queue: http://blog.ibuypower.com/2013/08/jungle-tips-for-solo-queue/

i remember back in like my first week of playing i thought trinity force was considered the best item in the game and that it should be built on like every champ

Boken

Banned
im surprised it took them so long to bump the damage up. Right now the proc deals only 20% more than an IBG
TBH, I was expecting it to go to 175% (40% more damage on proc)

The new passive on trinity used to grant 90 movement speed on kills and 40 on autos. Irelia was going to be sooo good

now its just corki time

JesseZao

im surprised it took them so long to bump the damage up. Right now the proc deals only 20% more than an IBG
TBH, I was expecting it to go to 175% (40% more damage on proc)

The new passive on trinity used to grant 90 movement speed on kills and 40 on autos. Irelia was going to be sooo good

now its corki time all over again.

TF/FM Teemos inc?

Ferga

i remember back in like my first week of playing i thought trinity force was considered the best item in the game and that it should be built on like every champ

I remember buying triforce on release Vayne. Thought I was a theory crafting god after winning like 20games in a row.

Turned out you could build anything on Vayne and win

Ferga

Meteos has been reading neogaf MAYBE

Meteos' tips for jungling in solo queue: http://blog.ibuypower.com/2013/08/jungle-tips-for-solo-queue/

Well to be fair, the whole pressure thing should be known by jungle mains. I thought he would talk about counter ganking. You got my hopes up

And I hate Eve :(

Why can't I be good at her. She matches my playstyle so well but I always build her items in the wrong order which costs my team the entire mid game because I'm either too tanky and do no damage or I die too fast.

Boken

Banned
I'm planning on getting a hotel for thursday/friday/saturday leave at the most. If you do get the days off, shoot me a message.
I think exgn was looking for something
Well to be fair, the whole pressure thing should be known by jungle mains. I thought he would talk about counter ganking. You got my hopes up

Why can't I be good at her. She matches my playstyle so well but I always build her items in the wrong order which costs my team the entire mid game because I'm either too tanky and do no damage or I die too fast.
Always build damage

Go crazy

Blizzard

Banned
I miss the days when Eve DFG + ult + spell penetration was like 50% max HP damage. Presumably she can still do well, but I can no longer manage it now that it requires skill. :p

I miss the days when Eve DFG + ult + spell penetration was like 50% max HP damage. Presumably she can still do well, but I can no longer manage it now that it requires skill. :p

I miss it with 500AP. :(
DFG = 40% current health
Eve Ult = 35% max health

Baron/Dragon snipes were ez mode with the ult.

I remember this really stupid game I had where it was pretty much me (vanilla remake Eve) against pre-nerf Rengar carrying our teams with 22/x/x scores. Whoever gets gibbed first loses the teamfight.

Ferga

I think exgn was looking for something

Always build damage

Go crazy

I can't do damage IF IM DEAD.

And I miss eve when she could stun.

<oldskoolhipster

And I can no longer use my carry Udyr build :(
Plat/diamond junglers are too good for my overly aggressive play

Boken

Banned
I can't do damage IF IM DEAD.

And I miss eve when she could stun.

<oldskoolhipster

And I can no longer use my carry Udyr build :(
Plat/diamond junglers are too good for my overly aggressive play
Your ganks become amazing though.

Which Amex cards are you guys getting?

I see no reason to not sign up for one. Everybody should embrace the free rp

I was theorycrafting Sion, then I discovered he has a really crappy base ASPD (0.625) and a REALLY crappy ASPD growth (1.6%). Jeez he probably has the crappiest ASPD for a melee champ. Blitz has worse growth but his ASPD steroid has a very low downtime.

I was theorycrafting Sion, then I discovered he has a really crappy base ASPD (0.625) and a REALLY crappy ASPD growth (1.6%). Jeez he probably has the crappiest ASPD for a melee champ. Blitz has worse growth but his ASPD steroid has a very low downtime.

Has to be that way or he'd never ever die.

garath

You've summed up my feelings with Eve perfectly. She should be ideal for me. I play assassin junglers. It fits my playstyle. I just can't seem to make it work.

Every time I think about it though I want to try again sigh.

edit:

Speaking of Assassin junglers.. I found the missing link in my jungle Kha'zix build. Hydra. Oh so good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i wish i felt better about the game's balance going into worlds. i would guess they are going to use 3.10...and pick variety seems really bad in pro play for this patch.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
didnt this patch go live
yes? It's current patch and there won't be a new one that hits competitive play in time. even if there was riot isn't taking the steps to take the large number of broken champions that are literally pick/ban every game now.

DeadNames

Banned
yes? It's current patch and there won't be a new one that hits competitive play in time. even if there was riot isn't taking the steps to take the large number of broken champions that are literally pick/ban every game now.

Just out of curiosity... Who are these broken characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom