• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

You guys are making Boken sad.

edit: Already got my first 1,000 RP for signing up for the AMEX card. Easy. Now to go ask my company's controller what it'll take to set up direct deposit for a couple paychecks lol. Think of all the bundles! Need more runepages too.

Edwardo

New sale:

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/champion-and-skin-sale-168-198

Death Blossom Elise 487 RP

Bandit Sivir 375 RP

Royal Guard Fiora 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:
Jayce 487 RP

Wukong 440 RP

Blitzcrank 395 RP

I'm in for Elise skin. Finally yay.

Tempted to buy a Sivir skin, but not really because I feel like all of her skins aren't that good. Her skins are going to be updated in the rework too, right?

Edit: Nvm, I just looked it up and they are getting updated.

IronStylus said:
As per usual, all the skins will get a pass. I’m actually using a couple to stretch my 3D skills. I think Spectacular Sivir will certainly need some love!

Obviously we’re going to have to change a few things here and there to fit any new base geometry. I think also we can have some fun with the basic designs of the skin, get them feeling a little more special and polished.

garath

Tempted to buy a Sivir skin, but not really because I feel like all of her skins aren't that good. Her skins are going to be updated in the rework too, right?

Edit: Nvm, I just looked it up and they are getting updated.

Mm.. good point. Buying the skin just for the remake is a decent idea. Sivir might become relevant again too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
long story short, i dont think 3.10 is the worlds patch

new items with small gold nerfs on PBE already.

worlds patch will prob be 3.11
patch schedule is too slow and riot doesn't usually swap to new patches right away. i don't see 3.11 being done in time.

vayne, thresh, ahri, zac, j4, lee, shen, elise will all still be super dumb. other stuff has been bad forever and still shows no sign of being touched like ori.

Blizzard

Banned
patch schedule is too slow and riot doesn't usually swap to new patches right away. i don't see 3.11 being done in time.

vayne, thresh, ahri, zac, j4, lee, shen, elise will all still be super dumb. other stuff has been bad forever and still shows no sign of being touched like ori.
Do you think it would be ok if say, other champions are brought up to the level of Lee and Vayne and Elise?

Or do you feel that due to the abilities those champions have, there is not much of a way other champions could be brought to a level that matches them, unless the abilities themselves were changed?

drawkcaB

Wait. What the hell is bad about Ori's balance? As far as I'm concerned she's one of a handful champs that should be used to balance other champs.

Do you think it would be ok if say, other champions are brought up to the level of Lee and Vayne and Elise?

Or do you feel that due to the abilities those champions have, there is not much of a way other champions could be brought to a level that matches them, unless the abilities themselves were changed?

I think lots champions can be balanced within their existing kits. Hell, I think several of the OP champs can be balanced not by reducing power, but by shifting it elsewhere (e.g. remove % current health from Elise human Q, pump up % lost health on spider Q). That said, a signficant problem in LoL is poorely defined champions. What is this champions strength? What is this champions weakness? What is their role in a team? When would I want to pick this champion? When wouldn't I want to pick this champion? For lots of the OP champions, the answers are pretty broad, particularly for the last one. Like, when don't you want Jarvan or Zac?

Edwardo

Mm.. good point. Buying the skin just for the remake is a decent idea. Sivir might become relevant again too.

Tbh, I like playing Sivir and usually have really good games with her. I just haven't played her in a while becuase i've been going top/mid alot and Varus has been my go to adc for the past month or so.

Wait. What the hell is bad about Ori's balance? As far as I'm concerned she's one of a handful champs that should be used to balance other champs.

I think the same about Ahri. What's the problem with her?

It isn't her fault that other champions aren't as versatile as her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not possible or reasonable. There are too many champions. It is primarily an issue of mobility and utility. Certain champions right now have both of those and don't sacrifice enough if anything in return.
Terrible balance reference. She has been the lasting mage pick of choice going back to at least S2 finals. She is the original embodiment of too much utility without genuine compromise on damage. Ori has amazing initiation, protection, area control, sustained damage, displacement, wave clear, combination of safety and harass in laning phase, and extreme versatility.

guys plz.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
WHOS COMIN TO WORLDS WITH ME!?

KIUNCH? BIND? LEZ DO THIS!

But I can watch it at home for free, watching tournament live is old tech man, what is this? 1983 Olympic?

Totally, nerf someone like Zed or Khazix mid first, they are the reason most Ahri counters are out of the meta.

drawkcaB

Yesssss. Vi jungle on ATN.

Aranae(sp?) plays her often in LCS.

dimb said:
Terrible balance reference. She has been the lasting mage pick of choice going back to at least S2 finals. She is the original embodiment of too much utility without genuine compromise on damage. Ori has amazing initiation, protection, area control, sustained damage, displacement, wave clear, combination of safety and harass in laning phase, and extreme versatility.

I disagree with the word "amazing" applied to all that. Compared to other mids there definitely is a compromise on damage. We aren't going to agree on Ori much.

But I can watch it at home for free, watching tournament live is old tech man, what is this? 1983 Olympic?

Totally, nerf someone like Zed or Khazix mid first, they are the reason most Ahri counters are out of the meta.

Surely we'll get some sort of free skin that can ebay to cover the cost of the ticket!

lol

I just played with an AP Corki in my team, he destroyed a poor Orianna.

He was yelling in champ select "mid, ap corki, don't dodge", I wasn't sure if dodge or not, and was like *sigh* whatever.

We won.

garath

lol

He was yelling in champ select "mid, ap corki, don't dodge", I wasn't sure if dodge or not, and was like *sigh* whatever.

We won.

AP corki is pretty good now. He's hard to play against in mid. He has to land skillshots though.

AP corki is pretty good now. He's hard to play against in mid. He has to land skillshots though.

His poke with his ulti was insane.

Also:
Hecarim_Splash_4.jpg

Blitzcrank_Splash_7.jpg

(Does this mean that Riot will launch a "Riot Bundle" at some point?[Riot Graves in the Background])

And Summoner Icons for the teams that are going to play in the Wildcard tournament.
Go Lyon! #Tuki_Army

Einbroch

Banned
The one game you get when you're ADC and you have a good support is worth the hundreds where the support is garbage.

This Lulu I just played with was awesome. Landed all the Pix ==> Glitter combos, transmogulated the ADC right as my blind ended (I was Quinn), ulted me when I ulted into Vayne for the knockup and slow at the exact moment I dashed in...

Just great. Makes it all worth it.

drawkcaB

lol

We won.

Fun fact: Corki is one Orianna's strongest counters as per Froggen, Toyz, and a high other high profile mid players.

Einbroch

Banned
I went Yellow Augment Viktor top lane.

It was interesting. Q-E poke, weee, run away. Repeat.

Had over 130 in armor/mr and over 2.8k HP. Ult, E, Q, Zhonya's, W when out of Zhonya's, Q, E combo again. Ult's ticking the whole time and you're really hard to kill.

Viktor is my favorite champion right now. Unappreciated guy with one of the best slow/stun in the game.

Pastry

Banned
lol well that escalated quickly. Long story short I was Quinn in the middle and holding my own until top and bottom died like a million times. At that point it was gank city on the entire map and the game was over. I tried to surrender but for some reason some on the team didn't want to. This lead to our Kha'zix cussing out our Yi and telling him he sucked, then he spent a while spelling this out in our base with wards.

thats because youre looking at total stats

for the semis, he was picked once (or twice?) and lost.

ambition played him today. and lost.

------------------------
fBAZrGs.png

S2 World Championship tickets on sale:
t1376596800z4.png

World Championship tickets will go on sale at www.ticketmaster.com on August 15 at 12:00PM PDT / 21:00 CEST. (1 hour before NA LCS) - [countdown]

specific schedule: http://na.lolesports.com/season3/sp...hampionship-tickets-available-aug-15#schedule

note: culver sound studios range from 3000 square feet to 26000 square feet. Its unsure how much capacity riot has for the group stages, but I expect them to sell out FAST.

is this like the international

LCGeek

formerly sane
The one game you get when you're ADC and you have a good support is worth the hundreds where the support is garbage.

This Lulu I just played with was awesome. Landed all the Pix ==> Glitter combos, transmogulated the ADC right as my blind ended (I was Quinn), ulted me when I ulted into Vayne for the knockup and slow at the exact moment I dashed in...

Just great. Makes it all worth it.

Funny cause my last game as lulu our MF sucked. Usually I'm always adc but I get forced in to suppport only to see the ad and ap fail hard while jungle and top roll their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom