• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Champs and Skins.

So 'spensive. :(

I'm trying to narrow down my skins and champs and am having a helluva time keeping it under $100. :-/

halp.

Only buy champions on sale or with IP (though I didn't buy any champs with IP until I had my runes in order).

Only buy skins for champions that you play often and it's on sale (though I break that rule pretty often).

Else you'll be spending a LOT of money on this game. hehe.

Q8D3vil

I wish I had the problem of won lanes (or wins in general?) being so easy that I have to switch to keep a challenge.

Why don't you just keep Renekton and get to platinum or something before switching up? At least then you might get a cool skin or border out of it.

As good as he is in lane he doesnt scale that well into late game if your team is way behind (easy to kite especially vs vayne or cait), I'm learning rumble now and his damage is freaking ridiculous in teamfights so i can help in teamfights better when i win my lane and transition into real late game carry (even when i buy ad items like bt).

Note:Before i got bored of him i was doing Hydra Renekton which scales better into late game (W aoe damage ftw), might go back to experimenting it on him after a while.

recently I tried Korean gp in draft and he was pretty good.

garath

I'm sitting on a huge stack of riot points and have been looking to increase my ADC pool, maybe I'll buy Lucian on release.

Me too. AMEX has gifted me with more than enough to cover him.

It's always a pain in the ass playing release champions though. Especially for roles I don't do often. The only advantage to buying him using RP on release is getting the skin at a discount.

Me too. AMEX has gifted me with more than enough to cover him.

It's always a pain in the ass playing release champions though. Especially for roles I don't do often. The only advantage to buying him using RP on release is getting the skin at a discount.

I'm not even all that interested in the skin, I actually think it's sorta lame. takes away his neat rock guns.

What did the procs on his W used to do? Extra damage?

DeadNames

Banned
Huge stack eh? Runeborn xerath is pretty sexy ;)

Kidding though. Hopefully Lucian is free soon. He looks really fun to play, although I hate adc. It's definitely the most boring role IMO

So I've decided to finally get good at a role instead of being mediocre to bad with all of them. Support is my favorite, so does anyone have any good replays of some quality support players with commentary to link me to? I'm not too picky on what champs, looked the other day and it turns out I apparently already own all the support champs.

Kenai

So is he coming out today or tomorrow?

Probably this evening. They usually don't do champion spotlights until the very last minute.

If not today, tomorrow for sure.

I want to buy Lucian and like his style but my support role is gonna be pretty stressful dealing with all the people wanting to play him (and then build Ravenous Hydra because Bronze elo yay).

garath

So I've decided to finally get good at a role instead of being mediocre to bad with all of them. Support is my favorite, so does anyone have any good replays of some quality support players with commentary to link me to? I'm not too picky on what champs, looked the other day and it turns out I apparently already own all the support champs.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...8j2.24.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.8L8rmXSJbic

Crs Edward. Alternatively search Krepo for good commentary as well.

So is he coming out today or tomorrow?

My bet is Friday. Usually a couple days turnaround once the spotlight comes out.

Surprised how badly Lyon performed. I guess the Mexican scene is behind of the NA scene, just like the NA scene is behind the Korean/Chinese scene.

Right now, there is no really "mexican scene" just teams that plays in NA.

I quote their words "we played as shit, we were nervous and we never were comfortable, we fucked up and is our fault, we're sorry for disappoint our fans."

To be honest you just have to look the first 2 minutes of every game to see how they were really nervous, they didn't know what to do, it was weird to see them so ... disoriented.

It's going to be rough for them, with all the bullying they'll receive for quite some time... a shame.

The good news its that they can now stream! (and receive bullying in their chat. then again, twitch chat is twitch chat).

buy the good ones.

but that's so relative. atm I've singled out (in no particular order):

Ahri
Ashe
Yi
Janna
Graves
Diana
Lux
Jayce
Vi
Ezreal
Leona
Miss Fortune
Sona
Shen
Udyr

I have 6700ip and like 600rp at the moment.

From what I've read, they seem like solid champs at all levels of play. I've played with some of them, I've seen others (on team, or enemy team). Between my existing Riot points and Influence points (depending on the combination), I can pick up like 6 or 7 of them right now. Then I have a skin or two picked out for most of them...

ATM I have Nidalee, Nasus, Corki, Anne, and Kayle. Plus whatever is free atm.

Only buy champions on sale or with IP (though I didn't buy any champs with IP until I had my runes in order).

Only buy skins for champions that you play often and it's on sale (though I break that rule pretty often).

Else you'll be spending a LOT of money on this game. hehe.
roger that.

Sell your Golden Baby Rosh.

Boom, you can afford half the skins in the game.

lol ikr.

Just do what I do. Only buy skins and champs when they're on sale. Then just spend ip for champs inbetween good sales.

too much patience required for all that. :((

Newt

No it doesn't. Draven is lame.
Got axes...need victims.

Eh,

Draven's nerfs hit him pretty hard.
As someone with 250 ranked games with him, I can say the new passive definitely made him weaker overall. I can also say that that the nerfs didn't hit him that hard. His new passive (which is getting buffed in the next patch) gives you a significant amount of gold. I average 1k/game for it.

garath

Think Zac's changes will hurt his clear times slightly? Gonna have to walk around more to pick up blobs.

Nah. Not much. All of his abilities are AE.

Seems like an OK nerf for him.

The yi nerf is pretty big. Wonder how that will affect him. Never really got to see the pros get into him.

forgrim

Yay, got to my promo series into gold division!!

took 14 games, and went 10-4.

pretty pumped and hope i get competent teammates for the next 3-5 games!

edit: KDA of 30 with my evelynn...with only 2 games played mind you lol

Blizzard

Banned
Patch notes are out.

Contains only balance and design changes...

So I guess more waiting for Lucian. Sigh.
Summary: Riven can now leap over walls with the third hit of Broken Wings.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE PATCH THING IN LIKE FOREVER. I used to play a ton of Riven and probably never learned how to play her well, but this makes me want to try her again. I always missed having at least some small wall-hop ability.

I mean this may be old news, but I'm happy they're planning to support it. Knockup instead of knock back also sounds reasonable, though a little more dangerous for Riven.

In other news, shorter range and higher cooldown for BOTRK -- will it result in other options becoming more common, maybe?

scy

THIS IS MY FAVORITE PATCH THING IN LIKE FOREVER. I used to play a ton of Riven and probably never learned how to play her well, but this makes me want to try her again. I always missed having at least some small wall-hop ability.

Just to note, she already had the ability to wall hop, it was just harder to use reliably.

I mean this may be old news, but I'm happy they're planning to support it. Knockup instead of knock back also sounds reasonable, though a little more dangerous for Riven.

It's better for bad Riven players (no more knocking them further from you) but potentially worse for good Riven players (no more knocking them further from their escape path).

I was saying to some friends that it seemed like an odd change to make but then I remembered Dota acts the exact same way so I'm fine with it now.

Or TF ult :x

garath

Riot hit him exactly where I wanted them to. Chaining Alpha Strike needed to go the way of the dodo asap.

It could very well just be the perfect nerf.

In other news, shorter range and higher cooldown for BOTRK -- will it result in other options becoming more common, maybe?

I like the BOTRK nerf a lot. It was really needed.

edit:

Played a Vi jungle game for the first time in forever. I really missed playing her. Don't even remember why I stopped. 11/1/6, controlled all dragons, stole Nocturne's buffs 4-5 times. It was a nice game. Went Ancient golem into Brutalizer into Cleaver with mobo boots. 20% cooldown from those items made leveling her Q last ok. I think I like that build. Tenacity, armor shred, damage, go fast.

edit2:

I don't understand the LeBlanc buff. She's already strong :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom