• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Just to note, she already had the ability to wall hop, it was just harder to use reliably.
Right, that's what I was referencing by the edit about old news. I haven't played her in a long time but the patch notes mentioned that the behavior was showing up in live due to engine changes.

I'm cautiously accepting of Shen and TF snare changes as long as Riot doesn't make snares interrupt Kat ult in the future. >:|

Einbroch

Banned
I know I always bring it up, but getting REALLY annoyed playing against Diamond 1's in 3v3 when we're in Silver 1.

It's never close. It's always a stomp. And it's not fun.

We can't advance out of silver with this. Anyone who is around us, hell, even golds and platinums, we can win. But when you have the top tier players playing against you, it's impossible and not fun. We play 3v3 once a week, maybe, because we have different schedules, and losing games 0-15 just makes us want to quit. We've been in our promotional series to gold SEVEN TIMES. Seven. Every day we play we get knocked out, get back in, and lose.

They need to implement a cross-mode MMR of some kind. Make it less important, I don't care. But when you're playing people 3 leagues higher than you, and at the top of the leagues constantly, it's broken. I'd rather wait 5 minutes to get into an evenly matched game than get a quick 20 second match because fuckitwhatsmmr.

/rant

Blizzard

Banned
I don't see why they'd do that. She's not teleporting anywhere.
Oh teleporting, good point. Snare makes sense to stop a teleport.

About trinity force, I want to build it on Zed or Riven so I can build like 400 AD and do 200% of it while speed boosting or something. What could go wrong!

scy

I know I always bring it up, but getting REALLY annoyed playing against Diamond 1's in 3v3 when we're in Silver 1.

Honestly, just do what they do: Make a new team. You'll place better out of placements most likely. The matchmaking issue is just due to the limited community for Ranked 3s (and Ranked 5s, for the record).

About trinity force, I want to build it on Zed or Riven so I can build like 400 AD and do 200% of it while speed boosting or something. What could go wrong!

It applies on base AD, not total AD.

Boken

Banned
Champs and Skins.

So 'spensive. :(

I'm trying to narrow down my skins and champs and am having a helluva time keeping it under $100. :-/

halp.
Get a lol Amex card for basically free 30$ worth of rp
And be patient my little one. If you must buy, things go on sale for 50% all the time. Just wait
Sell your Golden Baby Rosh.

Boom, you can afford half the skins in the game.
I'll buy it
Man I like Udyr a lot!
Yeah, I think he's a defining League design
Patch notes are out.

Contains only balance and design changes...

So I guess more waiting for Lucian. Sigh.
Lucian is already in the game I think.
Think Zac's changes will hurt his clear times slightly? Gonna have to walk around more to pick up blobs.
Jungle zac not so touched, lane zac needs to eat it. Strongest laning herbivore
Um, did anyone else get that email?

Edit: Nevermind, shit is old.
Yea the hackers specifically targeted your acct

Riot hit him exactly where I wanted them to. Chaining Alpha Strike needed to go the way of the dodo asap.
Agreed, now he will have to auto once or twice and you can finally stun him
Yay, got to my promo series into gold division!!

took 14 games, and went 10-4.

pretty pumped and hope i get competent teammates for the next 3-5 games!

edit: KDA of 30 with my evelynn...with only 2 games played mind you lol
Grats. I Need to learn that eve jungle
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PATCH THING IN LIKE FOREVER. I used to play a ton of Riven and probably never learned how to play her well, but this makes me want to try her again. I always missed having at least some small wall-hop ability.

I mean this may be old news, but I'm happy they're planning to support it. Knockup instead of knock back also sounds reasonable, though a little more dangerous for Riven.

In other news, shorter range and higher cooldown for BOTRK -- will it result in other options becoming more common, maybe?
Minor Riven nerfs on that Q
So would you build Iceborn Gaunlet or new Trinity Force on Hecarim?
Dunno, but trinity on Irelia/jax sounds so good. 200% sounds like a lot tbh, I was expecting them to release with 175%. I suppose this might make you lane less herbivore

forgrim

today's lp gain

8, 8, 5. I need 5 more to go to promo..i wonder if they'll give me 4 or something ;(

i had gains like that too, then lost one, then when i won the next after my loss, i gained 30. i think it corrects after a loss or something. u'll get there!!

Boken

Banned
YqPEBNO.png

Time to: International Wildcard Semi Finals
t1377172800z0.png

(3 hours before this is a season 4 qualifier match between Kiedys Mialem Team and Copenhagen Wolves)

Streams: [twitch.tv] | [youtube]

Teams left:
MxoYDSW.png

(learn more about the teams: lolesports)

Bracket:
DP(TUR) v Pain Gaming(BRA)---------|
.................................................... |-------- Winner v Winner ----S3 World Championships Spot
GG.eu(CIS) v IM(AUS)---------------------|

------------------------
L3XUGNN.png

Time until: World Championships Tickets on Sale
t1377374400z4.png

you can find the buy links here: lolesports
alternatively, you can find them on ticketmaster.com

forgrim

VICTORY!

swept my promos, i am a new member of gold division.

now to go breathe some air.

edit: and i'm also the only member of this division it seems hahaha

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
VICTORY!

congrats. and yeah new divisions stink. they fill up pretty fast though.

Achtius

VICTORY!

grats

i am getting there too!

does anyone remember when they announce victorious jarvan and janna?

I wonder which champ is receiving the victorious skin

Boken

Banned
patience. ha!
i aint gonna tell a bro how to spend his cash

but that's so relative. atm I've singled out (in no particular order):

Ahri **burst/assassin. ahri is a G.
Ashe **inexpensive, utility carry (why would you wanna play a utility carry bro
Yi **inexpensive, really an assassin, not a carry
Janna **disengage/teamfight support
Graves **manmode carry
Diana **fighter/assassin/mage. pretty good 1v1er
Lux **poke/mage if you like lots of skillshots and laser beams. even her team buff is a skillshot
Jayce **poke/bruiser/1v1 is pretty fun but gonna get major changes sometime
Vi **fun, punch things, high risk jungler/bruiser
Ezreal **skillshot carry
Leona **initiator support, too many balls needed
Miss Fortune **aoe carry, could do better
Sona **allrounder support, aura based, complexity is in her passive
Shen **split pusher, global. kinda boring and lame in pub games actually cos nobody knows how to take advantage of his splitpush
Udyr **tank, movement speed, jungler. runs really fast after a few items. stance based. i think hes hard to play hh4h

ATM I have Nidalee, Nasus, Corki, Annie, and Kayle. Plus whatever is free atm.
Annie is great at ganking and dominating lane post 6
kayle has versatile builds and imo is great in solo q. (burst build, sustained build) - both magic, physical kayle gone way of dodo
nidalee takes a lot of effort to be effective. poke
nasus is for pro play only, besides, new champ "hard counters" nasus. we are seeing hard counters in league now every1

Wow some great stuff coming up. Patch notes are sensible, really looking forward to Lucian, and the skins are icing on the cake.
i think dimb was right. 3.10 is the world championships patch + hotfixes. I think the trinity buff is pretty good though, might make other dueling champions more popular a pick to counter shen so that we see less zacs and shens in general. tbh, zac needs a bit of a damage nerf. Agree with the health blob pickup nerf, but i think they need to make it easier to stomp on too, not harder to pickup AND stomp.
VICTORY!

nice work man
grats

i am getting there too!

victorious Jax.
this login screen seems really complicated

Kenai

but that's so relative. atm I've singled out (in no particular order):

Ahri
Ashe
Yi
Janna
Graves
Diana
Lux
Jayce
Vi
Ezreal
Leona
Miss Fortune
Sona
Shen
Udyr

ATM I have Nidalee, Nasus, Corki, Anne, and Kayle. Plus whatever is free atm.

Those are some good choices. I would recommend Sona next so you have a solid support to tinker around with. Corki is one of the squishiest of squishy ADCs but has fantastic range, Annie's kind of a one trick pony in TFs but is still really solid regardless. Kayle is pretty versatile. Nid and Nasus are a bit harder to get used to, but aren't bad once you do.

For the rest, i recommend getting Lux (very nice zoning and offscreen kills) and Diana (short range but very tanky for an assasin) for mid, MF (my favorite ADC, solid all around) and Gravesl (short range but pretty tanky for an ADC) for bot carries, and Jayce for toplane. Shen is good for topane too but he is banned a lot, and you already have Nasus and Nid. Leona is good but I do not recommend solo queing with her. If you want a more aggressive support Thresh is your ghoul, and Janna is always a good choice too.

I'd also recommend more but that's just out of your list. There are very few champs that I'd consider underpowered in SF

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Got my Amex card in the mail today. What do I do with all this RP?

grats

i am getting there too!

Victorious Sona, riot pls. Probably Victorious Jayce if they follow the J trend.

i aint gonna tell a bro how to spend his cash

Annie is great at ganking and dominating lane post 6
kayle has versatile builds and imo is great in solo q. (burst build, sustained build) - both magic, physical kayle gone way of dodo
nidalee takes a lot of effort to be effective. poke
nasus is for pro play only, besides, new champ "hard counters" nasus. we are seeing hard counters in league now every1
Those are some good choices. I would recommend Sona next so you have a solid support to tinker around with. Corki is one of the squishiest of squishy ADCs but has fantastic range, Annie's kind of a one trick pony in TFs but is still really solid regardless. Kayle is pretty versatile. Nid and Nasus are a bit harder to get used to, but aren't bad once you do.

For the rest, i recommend getting Lux (very nice zoning and offscreen kills) and Diana (short range but very tanky for an assasin) for mid, MF (my favorite ADC, solid all around) and Gravesl (short range but pretty tanky for an ADC) for bot carries, and Jayce for toplane. Shen is good for topane too but he is banned a lot, and you already have Nasus and Nid. Leona is good but I do not recommend solo queing with her. If you want a more aggressive support Thresh is your ghoul, and Janna is always a good choice too.

I'd also recommend more but that's just out of your list. There are very few champs that I'd consider underpowered in SF

ty guys! now if I can just figure out why LoL crashes 4 or 5 times in a row after trying to load a match (after drafting).

this shit is infuriating. every match I play is preceded by repeated, unpredictable crashes.

Windows 8 x64.

Boken

Banned
ty guys! now if I can just figure out why LoL crashes 4 or 5 times in a row after trying to load a match (after drafting).

this shit is infuriating. every match I play is preceded by repeated, unpredictable crashes.

Windows 8 x64.
Might be compatibility issues with w8.
Tried googling that?

Windows 8 x64.

I have the same OS, and I haven't had problems with League.
Except once.

I had problems with LoLlauncher.exe (It ran for a few moments, and then disappeared) to fix it I had to create a new windows user account, something about the .dll files.
Not sure if that would help you.

But you can always send a ticket to support (here) they helped me out, step by step, and got my problem solved.
I hope they can help you out too!

Some things I can think of, have you tested if you have anything running in the background that may cause the game to crash? do you play with a wireless conection?
I dunno, just some things that came to my mind.

I have the same OS, and I don't have had problems with League.
Except once.

I had problems with LoLlauncher.exe (It ran for a few moments, and then disappeared) to fix it I had to create a new windows user account, something about the .dll files.
Not sure if that would help you.

But you can always send a ticket to support (here) they helped me out, step by step, and got my problem solved.
I hope they can help you out too!

Some things I can think of, have you tested if you have anything running in the background that may cause the game to crash? do you play with a wireless conection?
I dunno, just some things that came to my mind.

will give it a try. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom