• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

What are my chances of being able to play ADC in ranked today?

100%

If you're willing to be a dick about it.

Garath said:
It MIGHT be good on her with the movement speed and the procs (Q->auto->E->auto->auto->E->auto, three procs right there. Extra 300 damage for her normal chain). But I dunno.

I'll probably try it one game but it's pretty costly for her.

Even then, spellblade has a two second cooldown on it and E resets your auto-attack so that combo comes out really fast. It's possible to pull it off and only get one proc if you aren't careful. That's pretty much why I can't use TF/IG on non-spammy or on-hit ability champs. I don't have the restraint necessary to space out my ability activations well.

The change to Phage/Mallet's build path really hightlights than Riot really needs to improve LoL's itemization. There's too many linear item paths which end up restricting the choice of mid-tier items to lots of champs that would otherwise benefit from them. Diving lightly into DotA2 recently, and that games itemization is definitely an area where it flat out beats LoL.

zazrx said:
What's the best for Udyr jungle? AD or AP? AD is fun as hell, shreds through people. AP seems to be awesome as well and with a bit more survivability I think. I could be wrong, been playing him for a few days only.

Depends on how you play Udyr, but any AP you pickup on him is a side benefit. When you're playing Udyr, you want to have 5 points in both his turtle and bear stance. That means that you max either tiger or phoenix and put your remaining three points in the remaining ability. The skill order of the vast majority of Udyr players in the jungler is either Q>W=E>R or R>W=E>Q (where leveling W or E first is a matter of situation and preference).

Tiger stance Udyr tends to be more dueling focused. You want to counterjungle with the hopes of finding the opposing jungler and killing him. Your ganks will also deal more damage. The drawback is that camp clearing is a bit slower and you'll be a single target damage dealer in teamfights. Tiger stance benefits from AD (a few Doran's Blades work well) but also works exceptionally well from items that provide on-hit benefits because of the significant attack speed boost. So pick-ups like Blade of the Ruined King (which also gives AD) and Wit's End work very well. Manamune (into Muramana) is also possible and Zephyr gives Udyr lots of stats he wants, but neither is particularly popular on either jungler or lane Udyr.

Phoenix stance Udyr tends to be camp clear and wave clear focused (i.e. applying pressure throughout the map). Phoenix Udyr wants to zip around both jungles and take every bit of XP and gold he can from the camps. Your dueling is not as strong (still quite good) but you become an excellent wave pusher. So after a succesful gank, try to get your laner to buy into pushing the creep wave hard and taking early towers. In teamfights, Phoenix Udyr deals lots of AoE damage even when building tanky. Even though Phoenix stance has decent AP scaling, picking up AP for it and turtle isn't worth it. To increase your damage as Phoenix Udyr, try wit's end instead. The attack speed boost will help get more Phoenix AoE procs off and will shred opponents MR to boost your damage. Rarely picked up items like Haunting Guise/Liandry's also work well on Phoenix Udyr. Also, consider picking up a Sunfire Cape. It gives you tankiness and a decent AoE magic damage aura that fits well with Phoenix Udyr's strengths.

Finally, Trinity Force and Iceborn Gauntlet are solid damage pick ups for either style of Udyr. As Udyr you're constantly switching stances, so it's very easy to get spellblade procs out of either item. Both are pretty costly to buy for a jungler, and if I had to recommend one over the other, I'd say Iceborn Gauntlet. Slightly cheaper and provides lots or armor, CDR and AP (for more and better turtle shields), mana, and a slow field that will help you lockdown targets after your Bear stun them.

At the end of the day, don't concern yourself too much with getting additional damage on Udyr. First and foremost you need to be tanky so you can actually get to the opposing team in a teamfight with enough health left to do your job and be a general nuissance. Getting Spirit of the Ancient Golem and then either Wit's End or Sunfire Cape will see you through the majority of your games.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is always a really hard call to make for me. It would be easier if I was more confident in my jungle picks.
Or at all.
Are there particular junglers I can play where farming more is good, even ideal?
uh, i wouldn't say ideal but farming can just help out any jungler. i would say someone like amumu or trundle could thrive best in that kind of situation.

Fastest ARAM game I've had so far. They just gave up after a while.
ff9SMTr.jpg

drawkcaB

So are Free Week champions more likely to appear in ARAM or something?

Considering that free week champs increase every players available pool, yes.

Newt said:
That maokai build too stronk.

For shit's and giggles try building a pair of Doran's Rings on jungle Maokai. He has a 2.2AP ratio across his QWE.

Edwardo said:
wtf.. Lucian should only be 6300 because he took so long to be released. Any chance that another champ is almost ready to go?

New champs have been 7800IP for the first week for a while now. It's to let people who buy champs with RP a higher chance of getting to play their new purchase.

bjaelke

So are Free Week champions more likely to appear in ARAM or something?
The selection method is, as the name suggest, (completely) random. But seeing how the rotation champions are available to all 10 players, it's very likely that a few of them could end up in the match.

14/4/9 last game with Lucian.

Turns out he does do damage.

Just don't go BotRK.

BT -> Bezerker's -> Trinity Force -> Last Whisper -> Statikk Shiv -> GA is the best I've thought of so far. Worked well last game, didn't get the GA finished though.

garath

14/4/9 last game with Lucian.

Turns out he does do damage.

Just don't go BotRK.

BT -> Bezerker's -> Trinity Force -> Last Whisper -> Statikk Shiv -> GA is the best I've thought of so far. Worked well last game, didn't get the GA finished though.

Dontmashme goes brutalizer first then BT, then finishes the cleaver for core. BC is apparently really good on him with his ult and passive.

Guys, important question... Dragon Slayer Jarvan? I don't have a Jarvan skin and though I'd like Darkforge ideally, is dragon slayer a good stop gap?

Leezard

Dontmashme goes brutalizer first then BT, then finishes the cleaver for core. BC is apparently really good on him with his ult and passive.

Guys, important question... Dragon Slayer Jarvan? I don't have a Jarvan skin and though I'd like Darkforge ideally, is dragon slayer a good stop gap?

I like the Dragon Slayer skin, even though it certainly is one of his worse skins right now. I think it's most likely a better idea to wait for the skin you really want, though. Warring Kingdoms is great as well.

garath

I like the Dragon Slayer skin, even though it certainly is one of his worse skins right now. I think it's most likely a better idea to wait for the skin you really want, though. Warring Kingdoms is great as well.

Yeah. I guess I'll wait. Warring Kingdoms too expensive at base. I would have picked it up before the price bump but I wasn't playing any Jarvan back then. All Xin. Then of course they nerfed Xin. Sigh..

Edwardo

New champs have been 7800IP for the first week for a while now. It's to let people who buy champs with RP a higher chance of getting to play their new purchase.

I know, I was just saying that they should have just started at 6300 for making people wait.

Einbroch

Banned
Wow. One good Nami bubble can really win a game. Caught the ADC, support, and jungle in one bubble, Garen goes in and spins, Syndra ults in and does her shit, Trist jumps in. All dead within like 2 seconds.

Nami <3

DeadNames

Banned
Wow. One good Nami bubble can really win a game. Caught the ADC, support, and jungle in one bubble, Garen goes in and spins, Syndra ults in and does her shit, Trist jumps in. All dead within like 2 seconds.

Nami <3

Nami is definitely my favorite support. More so than Sona or Tresh.

drawkcaB

Kass might be OP, but I think it has more to do with the fact that he counters lots of the current top picks for mid. But I'm talking as someone who hasn't played SR in several months, let alone mid-lane.

DeadNames

Banned
Kass might be OP, but I think it has more to do with the fact that he counters lots of the current top picks for mid. But I'm talking as someone who hasn't played SR in several months, let alone mid-lane.

It seems the current meta prioritizes assassins over mages... Which I think is a load of bs.

garath

it's probably me... I just don't see how a caster who immobilizes himself could be good against a high mobility champ like Ahri or Akali.

His range and damage is insane. He can literally stand beyond the range of the assassin and f' you up. He's skillshot based though so it depends on landing it.

edit: also remember he can unroot himself for a big speed boost. He takes practice to be effective but a good Xerath needs not fear the average assassin mage.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
it's probably me... I just don't see how a caster who immobilizes himself could be good against a high mobility champ like Ahri or Akali.

Xerath have pretty good mobility from the speed boost on his W. The advantage of W is you can land skillshot on places where enemy have no vision of you, so they won't react fast enough to dodge your poke. If enemy come after you, just deactivate it and your speed boost should help you escape any pursuit. Even if it is ahri, unless you're pushed and used the W within ahri R->E range.

You will beat Akali in lane from 1-5, and shut her down far enough that you can outburst her when she hit level 6.

DeadNames

Banned
His range and damage is insane. He can literally stand beyond the range of the assassin and f' you up. He's skillshot based though so it depends on landing it.

edit: also remember he can unroot himself for a big speed boost. He takes practice to be effective but a good Xerath needs not fear the average assassin mage.

I'm trying to get good with him... But the constant heckling from my friend who calls Xerath bad is quite demoralizing... I make sweet plays with him, I just don't think he understands the purpose of Xerath.

garath

I'm trying to get good with him... But the constant heckling from my friend who calls Xerath bad is quite demoralizing... I make sweet plays with him, I just don't think he understands the purpose of Xerath.

Should watch Salce or even Dan Dinh (Man Dinh) play with him. He's a long range artillery mage. Great in the right hands.

DeadNames

Banned
Should watch Salce or even Dan Dinh (Man Dinh) play with him. He's a long range artillery mage. Great in the right hands.

I just had a hard time against kass today who already is a pretty hard counter... Not to mention no jungler and the fact that it's probably my second time laning against him. Plus he had more ap runes which is dumb.

Edwardo

My AMEX card just came in the mail. Time to start buying stuff.

Also, I tried to lane as Kha'Zix against Nasus last night and it went just as bad as the first time I tried.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My AMEX card just came in the mail. Time to start buying stuff.

Also, I tried to lane as Kha'Zix against Nasus last night and it went just as bad as the first time I tried.

Don't buy RP with the initial 20 you put on the card. I didn't get the bonus 100rp for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom