• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dislike this "sack of gold" idea. It seems like a convoluted solution to 2v1 lanes, and even then it might reinforce the 2v1 meta - the 2 champ lane could simply bully the 1 champ, zone the turret and and steal the gold.

There should be a simpler way of solving this problem, not a more complex one.

Newt

Can someone explain to me how the new trinity force would work on Draven? Is the bonus damage from spinning axes added before or after spellblade?

drawkcaB

I'm trying to get good with him... But the constant heckling from my friend who calls Xerath bad is quite demoralizing... I make sweet plays with him, I just don't think he understands the purpose of Xerath.

Are you maxing his W?

BurnOutBrighter said:
Really dislike this "sack of gold" idea.

Yeah, stupid as hell. Feels shoe-horned.

Newt said:
Can someone explain to me how the new trinity force would work on Draven? Is the bonus damage from spinning axes added before or after spellblade?

Don't quite understand, are you asking if spinning axes %damage amp will work on the spellblade proc? (It won't).

Leezard

Really dislike this "sack of gold" idea. It seems like a convoluted solution to 2v1 lanes, and even then it might reinforce the 2v1 meta - the 2 champ lane could simply bully the 1 champ, zone the turret and and steal the gold.

There should be a simpler way of solving this problem, not a more complex one.

If they zone him that hard, they deserve the gold.
I don't know how to feel about the change tbh. It will be less useful to push the lane even in a 1v1 situation, since a champion that is bad at last hitting under the tower will gain advantage from it. Freezing the lane is the only choice top now, I guess.

I don't know how to feel about the change tbh. It will be less useful to push the lane even in a 1v1 situation, since a champion that is bad at last hitting under the tower will gain advantage from it. Freezing the lane is the only choice top now, I guess.

That's the thing, it also kills the strategy of pushing the wave to the enemy tower to deny their CS and letting you roam.

I know Riot loves the laning phase but this is going way too far.

Edit: This "item" might not even be for Summoner's Rift. I'll withhold my whining.

uh, i wouldn't say ideal but farming can just help out any jungler. i would say someone like amumu or trundle could thrive best in that kind of situation.

you can try zac, reasonable cleartime and cc's galore, he's my jungler of choice (banned like 25% of the games tho)

Noted. I'm a big fan of Trundle but find it hard to make him work.

Fizz's always seem to dominate me, but when I try to play him, I just end up feeding.

That's me, too.

Lucian is pretty entertaining to play. Only against bots so far, but hoping to take him real-time soon. Range on his Q is annoying, because I know how long it actually reaches but have to target something closer - missed a lot of easy harass like this. W definitely takes getting used to, but at least can be relied upon to fire when you press the button. E feels nicer than Graves'. His ult feels so boss, even if it isn't super powerful.

I like his Hired Gun skin a lot. Glad I went for the bundle.

drawkcaB

I maxed Q first, E second, then W.

Take everything I'm about to say with a grain of sand since I A.) don't play Xerath, B.) haven't played SR in a few months and C.) am relying on my memory, which is never a good idea...

Reginald and Link both maxed W in the Spring LCS for the, like, one week they both brought out Xerath. The idea is that you dramatically reduce the cooldown and the damage lost from not maxing Q is partially made up from W's %Mpen. Pickup tear of the goddess->Fiendish Codex->Morellonomicon->Archangel's. Mix in a few Doran's Ring if necessary. With blue buff+Morello's and maxed W, you can go into your siege mode every 2.4 seconds.. The range is too much to deal with for almost every opponent caught in a stand-off (protecting tower, battle over dragon and buffs, etc.) You'll force your opponents to give up objectives and snowball yourself and your team off of that.

Leezard said:

I feel the same way. If Riot's concern about 2v1 lanes is that it ends the laning phase too early, I don't see how this is going to help unless the intent is to encourage the duo laners to let the tower kill their creeps in the hopes of getting a sack.

garath

My AMEX card just came in the mail. Time to start buying stuff.

Also, I tried to lane as Kha'Zix against Nasus last night and it went just as bad as the first time I tried.

Just got my AMEX too. Loaded $20 and got another 1000 rp. Printed the info to get direct deposit. Going to talk to my company's controller and see if he'll put up with the hassle of setting up throwing $20 per paycheck in there for a few cycles to get me that 10k. lol.

BTW, what sack of gold are you guys talking about?

Mothman91

Just got my AMEX too. Loaded $20 and got another 1000 rp. Printed the info to get direct deposit. Going to talk to my company's controller and see if he'll put up with the hassle of setting up throwing $20 per paycheck in there for a few cycles to get me that 10k. lol.

BTW, what sack of gold are you guys talking about?

Some PBE changes about towers. There are other changes too, but I'm at work so I can't link it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Today we learned that joke surrenders can quickly turn into real hilarity.

ykKHVpg.png

People don't max W second Xerath?

I thought W second was standard, since it gives him a lot of mobility.

I personally max mage chains second. It does more damage than your Q and has a higher ratio so you can do a good combo with it early on. W last because by then there will be teammates and stuff where it will actually be useful then.

Boken

Banned
YqPEBNO.png

The battle for the second World Championship spot!
Time to: International Wildcard Finals
t1377248400z4.png

Streams: [twitch.tv] | [youtube]

8ogaFKF.png
vs
SFacEf7.png

EU REGIONALS begins after the conclusion of the international wildcard finals.
bracket: http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/lolesports/s3regional/EU_bracket.jpg
-------------------------------------
RbYhZcR.png

OGN SEMI FINALS
MVPlogo_std.png
vs
SKT1Logo_std.png

t1377255600z4.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is going to Worlds in Los Angeles, send me a message. Maybe we can meet up.
L3XUGNN.png

Time until: World Championships Tickets on Sale
t1377374400z4.png

you can find the buy links here: lolesports
alternatively, you can find them on ticketmaster.com

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aren't like Mrpen/Arpen quints better? I hope you ain't trolling with actually buying hp regen quints...lol.
penetration quints are really unnecessary. hp regen is a valuable stat and the quints for it actually provide a ton of sustain in lane.

jerd

So weird to me that Shen is considered a boring champ. I love him. Taunt is a super fun mechanic and flying in with his ult (if you ult a competent teammate) is awesome.

drawkcaB

soboring.jpg

Like dimb pointed out, the candidates are either top lane tanks (singed, zac, cho, shen, malphite), champions with an innate sustain mechanic that you'd want to improve (Renekton, Aatrox), champs that don't scale particularly well with straight AD or AP anyway to the penetration isn't that great (Irelia, Udyr), or champs where starting with a rejuv bead is a real possibility (Riven).

So lots.

bjaelke

Transmutation Stone
+100 Gold Capacity
UNIQUE Passive - Transmutation: Tower blasts that kill a minion charge the tower. Upon reaching 100 gold, the next tower attack will create a sack of gold which can be picked up by any champion.
Is this Riot's attempt to bring fighters back into the meta by giving them a small farm compensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom